Toonami Ratings for 6/25/16

For some reason the full ratings still have not been released, and there is no explanation why, so we are just gonna jump in with what we have.

Next weeks ratings thread will be delayed due to the 4th of July.

This Saturday there will be a Hunter X Hunter marathon. No new episodes will play. It also won't be the most recent 7 episodes, instead it's the first 7 of the series.

The replacement for Champloo will supposedly be revealed at AX this Friday.

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. 10 episodes in length, TV14 minimum, no official release date yet.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Last weeks ratings were legitimately terrible, was it just an off week? Well, things improved a bit from last week which is good. For the timeslot, they still aren't great though. Hopefully the marathon doesn't cause any lasting problems.

DRAGON BALL Z KAI ADSM 11:30 PM 1,346 0.6
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM:I.B.O. ADSM 12:00 AM 1,040 0.5
HUNTER X HUNTER ADSM 12:30 AM 926 0.4
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO ADSM 1:00 AM 786 0.4
NARUTO: SHIPPUDEN ADSM 1:30 AM 724 0.3
ONE PIECE ADSM 2:00 AM 671 0.3

Other urls found in this thread:

adultswim.com/adultswimdynsched/asXml/9.EST.xml
youtube.com/watch?v=0TRs6cMZkQY
youtube.com/watch?v=kG1NjoIhAKA
youtu.be/G8KrqGOWV0Q?t=2m34s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thats all for now, dont have the regular AS numbers like usual.

Is that because of IBO, or is an earlier timeslot just bad for Toonami?

Oh look, best is first

holy fuck man I was getting worried

A little of both.

For one, a big chunk of the bigger ratings we were accustomed to came from a nearly 3 hour Seth lead in. Family Guy at 11:30 was a big deal apparently.

As for IBO, there are people who already watched the sub who know this is one of many Gundam series that is 6/10 at best and aren't sticking around. For people new to IBO, it doesn't take long to see how boring and actionless it is all the time.

This weeks episode had literally zero action, I expected lower numbers.

VHS recordings of Adult Swim, Toonami, and Cartoon Network broadcasts

THIS IS THE WEEK THAT WE FIND OUT WHAT REPLACES CHAMPLOO AT AX

THIS WILL BE THE LAST NEW SHOW FOR 2016 EXCLUDING JACK

So, for the last time this year, it's time to place your bets on what you think the new show will be. IBO ended up being a flop early on, so this pick up is critical for Toonami surviving.

Hopefully the bait starved retards in here don't get into some off topic argument so this thread actually lasts till Friday so I won't have to do this a second time.

Anyway, place bets now.

The block is still shit and we're still closer and closer to cancellation.

As per usual.

Oh yea, for anyone who needs proofs for AX

>waited hours on end to post my Waifu
>I missed

Congrats

If I could get rid of one thing in /tg/ it would be the waifuposters.

But I only post mine once per thread. How could I do that if I were gone?

Thanks bud, I'd be just fine being molested by Ragyo

post-toonami schedule change

off the air replaces infomercials at 4:15am

Cowboy HDbop

Do we have anything to go on besides the idea that Jack needs a place before the end of the year?

I'd put that as replacing Parasyte

they're just gonna rerun AGK again

TVGuide also says the Kai rerun returns July 9th

Think maybe OG samurai jack will go in the rerun slot preceding new jack? Perhaps just some essential episodes?

May not be accurate though since it shows the Toonami schedule from February

adultswim.com/adultswimdynsched/asXml/9.EST.xml nope

if the TV guide has no descrption or episode titles it's just a placeholder, yet to be updated

>mfw

>Hunter x Hunter
>TV-14DSV

Oh baby.

Ugh. But that show sucks.

Doubt it. I have a feeling they will want to have some distance between the Y7 series and this more adult version even if it's a direct continuation.

Well, like said last week

OPM is getting its dub premier at AX as well.

It's like KLK: has a big internet following, basic shit to follow, "hype factor"

It certainly lines up, but 3 Viz shows at once? HxH would surely move back for it.

>live in person con reveal
>thinking they will reveal a rerun

Do you really think thin skin Demarco could handle the immediate backlash? Can't block people who are right in front of you. Not to mention, you don't waste money going to a con to reveal a rerun

Bebop
FLCL
AgK
KLK

More like it's summer and people are vacationing.

Fuck off faggot

This shit theory was debunked last week, stop trying to push it

>do HxH marathon
>to date every marathon has been the last 7 episodes despite them often not being good episodes
>this time they choose different episodes
>pick the universally worst regarded episodes of HxH over the moderately better recent episodes

> Family Guy at 11:30 is a big deal apparently

The problem with that thinking is that two of NuToonami's biggest ratings cow besides DBZKai premiered at 11:30 when the block was predated by Boondocks and Black Dynamite. I actually don't know what DBZKai's ratings peak is, I know Space Dandy and Attack on Titan's were around 1.3 and 1.4 million respectively.

to give the naysaying people a second chance to accept the next 4 years of their life will belong to shotacon

Dandy and AoT pulled those kind of numbers once or twice. Kai has pulled over 1.5mil many times, while very rarely going under 1.3mil

DeMarco blows the remainder of the budget for the year on this. I bet everything but my dick.

That actually sounds likely, trying to get the same effect that they got with Parasyte
>people are turned off by initial episodes
>later ones get better
>people tune in for a rerun marathon to get caught up on stuff they probably skipped

Doubt it will work on freedom day weekend though

NOBODY CARES SHILL

>not willing to cut your dick off for it

Getting weak, Toonami General

toonami needs to fuckin die

Anime fans have no idea what budgeting is and I'm sure you don't either.

Hey guys, im the user who leaked the Intruder 2 conclusion and revealed HxH an hour or so early

Anyways, as I'm sure you can assume, im here because I know what replaces Champloo

I'll quell a few thoughts out front
>it's not Jack
I really don't understand why people think all this work and money would go into it to just dump it on the air without months of on air hype
>it's not a rerun

So that should settle a few of you down. Anyone interested in a more direct, but ambiguous hint that could point to multiple things?

Another week, another ratings thread. Now, let's see how we did:

>12:30a Hunter X Hunter 826 0.40 610

A small boost, but is this the end of a consistent million? Starting to feel worried...

Anyway, how is everyone's week so far?

Is it Fairy Tail?

I'll cut muh dick off it IS picked up Friday.

Oh no, last time you came in here with what would replace Dimension W, your "hints" were completely off the mark and didn't describe Hunter x Hunter at all. Fuck off.

That being said, literally anyone not memeing could've said it wasn't a rerun or Jack.

go away

Has it been posted in this thread?

Didn't describe Gundam, I mean. Point stands though.

eh, go ahead

No specifics. Anyways, it's 1 cour

>someone pretended to be me on an anonymous image board
How can this be

Is DeMarco still on the hunt for the Intruder 2 leaker?

Too bad voltron is netflix original. It would be great on toonami.

News flash: Blue Exorcist picked up for a second season.

I didn't watch the original first season, but I guess they're deviating from the whole anime-original ending they made.

In other words, THEY'RE GOING TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF SATAN

Add Wakfu to that list, too.

I'm ashamed that I helped Kickstart it and I still haven't actually watched it yet.

Should get on it. And the Dofus movie too. They are good stuff.

That would be cool.
I still have to watch OPM, so watching it with Toonami general would be fun.

I wouldn't mind if they got Blue Exorcist season 2 on Toonami desu. Shit was pretty cash.

Especially more so once we get more posting about eyebrows bullying.

Nice. I want more lesbian bullying.

I had forgotten all about that. Good times

Looks like we may be seeing our pal Japanese Hellboy again soon.....

it's inevitable that this will be on Toonami sooner or later

Too bad it's apparently only covering one long arc in the manga.

Fuck I wanted more non-linear SOL moments. Talk about being careful what you wish for.

It sucks how Black Dynamite did so bad, it's a very good show.

why, is it 20 years old with 200 episodes?

I hope not, I did not liked it at all.

i still can't believe this is happening.

Manga's way better though. At least this new season will get the taste of the original's shitty original ending and material out of my mouth.

It did bad because AS wanted it to do bad

who wants this as the new show as a funimation dub premiere, since they picked up the simulcast rights

no it's CoD meets GoT

I think we all knew HunterxHunter wouldn't be a ratings powerhouse since it's not as ingrained into the American anime culture as the Big Four.

>tfw no sax

Here you go, as is our agreement.

Dicks everywhere

Literally what?

hnnng

Why?
Fucking Jews, that final was great though.

I have no idea why, being an actual animation project it had to cost a ton.

But there is no doubt with how S2 was handled that it was made to fail intentionally

A modern army backed up by tanks vs dragons and a medieval army enhanced by magic? Sounds like a better movie than series.

In my head I like to think they found some other networks credit card and ran up the Black Dynamite tab on it. Then they had to hide the evidence.

I really liked BD, the second season a lot more than the first, but it did not perform well enough to get a second season, and a lot of people were surprised it got one when many cheaper shows never did

>we could've gotten an awesome, dark, and atmospheric Hutner x Hunter liek the original
youtube.com/watch?v=0TRs6cMZkQY
>instead we got this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=kG1NjoIhAKA

Why

>not liking both

>max Waifu appeal
>more action than IBO
>De Marco likes Robos
>24 eps, exactly 6 months of programming

It will be Heavy Objects, user

Ok so looking at the AX schedule
>Toonami panel is Friday at 7:30
>OPM dub premiere is Saturday at 3:30

If it was gonna happen, I'd put these 2 things closer together. But, I really can't think of any other guesses, so I'm going with OPM

youtu.be/G8KrqGOWV0Q?t=2m34s

Fast Forward to 2 min and 34 seconds for pure awesomeness

Also unrelated but I found interesting on the site
>panel that will have Christopher Sabat and a few others
>blurb about Sabat sites his recent role in Toonami's Dimension W

Probably nothing, just find it odd they call it Toonami's show, rather than just the title.

Kek, thanks for that

It's Inuyasha The Final Act.

Cost too much and its ratings were worse than fangirl ratings when it was on at 5 or 6. God it feels like forever since the block got cut in half.

you know I kinda remember Turner's plans for the next year mentioned Inuyasha.
at least Inuyasha beats another rerun of a show we just finished.

Demarco confirmed that was a mistake and that it won't return

demarco said that listing was an error.

What a fagit, Inuyasha: TFA was a great way to say goodbye to a show that aired for a long time.

Nevermind, after reading I made a mistake, just like the listing

You said this last time and didn't give us anything so fuck off cunt. Just say it if you want to cause controversy instead of baiting.

Stop being a faggot, faggot.

>responding from shit from 4 hours ago
If he was real, he wouldn't be here anymore. If it's bait, well you are responding to bait which is silly