Any films where people are arrested for crimes other people commit?

Any films where people are arrested for crimes other people commit?
Bonus points if there's some kind of public witch hunt involved.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitement
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Drew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so are the fags who make stupid little bitch threads like these from 9 gag or reddit? i dont know exactly

she is so beautiful

The movie you're looking for is The Crucible (1996).
I mean it has everything you asked for including a literal witch hunt. Highly recommended.

What did Cara did this time?

This was a very weird case to follow. Media seemed torn on whether to go hard with the coverage or not.

This is probably not what they had in mind by 'female empowerment'.

can somebody who defends this piece of shit please explain their rationale?

Op here wasn't expecting this it looks pretty gooed thanks.

The Hunt

So called "cyber bullying" is retarded. "Cyber murder" is just laughable.

Betas deserve to DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE

He was going to kill himself anyway.

She didn't kill anyone and therefore doesn't deserve 20 years for murder, your outrage and bitch boy feeling shouldn't even come into it.

The judge is clearly drunk, using a the George Bowen case from 1816 as a basis.

>that hairline

wtf

suicide is not a crime if we go by us law

tfw no balding genocidal gf

1st Amendment.

>After learning that he was planning to kill himself she repeatedly discouraged him from committing suicide in 2012 and 2014 and encouraged him to "get professional help".

>However, her attitude changed in July 2014, when she started thinking that it would be a "good thing to help him die" . According to psychiatrist Peter Breggin, she became delusional because of changing her antidepressant medication from Prozac which she took from the age of 14 to Celexa a few months prior.

>Roy was also taking Celexa and his mental health records had also been requested.

> In the United States, citalopram (celexa) carries a boxed warning stating it may increase suicidal thinking and behavior in those under age 24

so youre crying for some dumb whore?
20 years for murder is light
nigger with a pound of weed is going away for longer

I don't get it, why is Sup Forums defending her? Is it because she looks like an ugly caveman like Cara and is therefore /our girl/?

If she looked like a typical Stacey you guys would be celebrating her getting BTFO.

so what is the split on this in terms of public consensus? 50/50 on whether or not she should get time? personally, i think she's a cunt, but if you're mentally weak enough to get fucking COAXED into offing yourself i feel it still wouldn't be the other person's fault unless they pulled the trigger

It's because she was a beta's girlfriend. She gives us hope

The Lavender Hill Mob
Iirc some of them are from r/the_Donald at least.

>In the United States, citalopram (celexa) carries a boxed warning stating it may increase suicidal thinking and behavior in those under age 24

Literally all antidepressants come with a warning that they may do this.

No I will always defend those against unjust laws.

her opt out was to extricate herself from the sitation at that point, not devote herself to convincing him to kill himself

Shit, I remember that. Winona Ryder and Daniel Day-Lewis, right? Underrated film, unconventional court room thriller.

It is a crime by US law actually. However she didn't commit suicide and as such did nothing illegal. If he killed himself in a public area she could get a fine though.

Sup Forums is in an constant state of juggling its hate for women/queers/minorities/betas/sjws and a whole host of other strangely specific individuals.

Yfw a drink driver who kills someone will get like 2 years but an underage girl on antidepressants gets 20 years for mean comments.

are you guys americans? we watched this in my high school lit class in california

It is pretty simple. Because she did no wrong at all.

So if I see a robbery and don't report it can I get put in jail for robbery now?

Was actually about to post this, but with this image instead.

>all these whiteknight beta orbiters ITT

Holy shit, what the fuck happened to this place

My wife studied English and this was on the curriculum. Thoroughly enjoyable and well made.

>t. Roastie

Gtfo ya VD cesspool

she deserves to be put behind bars

fukkin roastie cunt

because this is the kind of shit that happens in europe, not america. judge needs to be "removed" asap. he is not a tin pot dictator and america is not his banana republic. we are the greatest nation to have ever existed because for the most part we have stopped despots like him from playing god.

This, end of story. If she does actually do time, it won't be much.

Symetria, Polish movie, probably you can find it ez with english subs

Why are you so desperately trying to turn this into a feminist thing?
I'm arguing on the basis or logic and reason.
Shooting someone with a gun and sending someone a text are now considered the same does that seem right to you?

Betas who commit suicide over or around their relationships are pathetic. A 17 year old girl is an emotional ball of overreaction, not a criminal

im not a US Citizen but i think you are wrong in both case, suicide is a humans free choice, but she assisted and thats a crime

She's a piece of shit but she shouldn't be on the hook for his death. He was already suicidal before he met her and would have killed himself had he never met her. Encouraging someone to kill themselves is not a crime and all the action falls back to him. He was an adult and by legal definitions sane.

She looks good at this weight. Damn, jail made her look hot. Like a less annoying Cara Dervaignweald whatever

Op here getting some good movie suggestions.
This became a good thread.

Bingo. I don't really care about the girl or the guy but fuck that judge. That conviction is insanity.

It's the law that needs to change.
Look at old Uncle Sam forcing people to live their terrible lives.

Good thing this wasn't assisted suicide then because he was an able bodied person who did it himself.

She did more than fucking that and you know it. Do your research first before you try to white knight a fucking scumbag piece of shit.

>She did more than fucking that
No, she just sent texts.
And he's right, this has nothing to do with feminism so get off your bogeyman.

She did but what they're trying to convict her with is still overreaching.

>BUT MUH PHONECALL

Kill yourself you pathetic sjw there's a button to hang up at any point in fact I bet he was calling her.

He was destined to be the next Elliot Rodgers she did the world a favour, who knows how many lives she saved.

Butterfly effect baby.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitement

>Shooting someone with a gun and sending someone a text are now considered the same
No they're not. Both are only illegal in certain circumstances.

>white knight detected

She's a vindictive, manipulative, sociopath and got what she deserved. End of discussion. No matter how much you defend her, it doesn't change the fact she drove someone to suicide with mental abuse and didn't do her duty as an ethical human being and report the guys intentions to his family or authorities.

>there's a button to hang up
That doesn't matter. You seem to think she was bullying him. He actually trusted her and thought what she was telling him was in his best interest.

No one is arguing that she doesn't have some culpability here. The argument is that it's an extremely harsh conviction.

Keep orbiting fellas

well she assisted psychologically, you dont have to be non-ablebodied for assistance
>Assisted suicide is suicide committed with the aid of another person, sometimes a physician.[1] The term is often used interchangeably with physician-assisted suicide (PAS), which involves a doctor knowingly and intentionally >>providing a person with the knowledge or means or both required to commit suicide

Just so there isn't any confusion, it's important to note that she's not serving any time yet. Her case is of course being appealed and in all likelihood she'll end up serving a very light sentence.

>some low test numale beta offs himself
>they charge some random stranger with murder

nice """"""""legal"""""""""""""" system amerifats

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitement
suicide is not a crime

Christ almighty, /r9k/, we don't give a fuck about white knighting. It's an interesting case to discuss.

Both of the people involved seem like pieces of shit, desu famalamajama

>also her silence is also a way of assiting in his suicide
That's putting an excess amount of responsibility on her for his life. Nobody is arguing that she is guiltless, but her punishment was too harsh for the ambiguous crime she committed.

Indeed. That's why I'm interested to see where this goes. This is a potentially major precedent to set.

The ONLY reasons why anyone would defend her are:
-white knights
- girls dont want other girls to deal with consequences
- Sup Forums and Sup Forums identify with her b/c they do the same thing she did ((((kys)))) posted all the time - see no one wants to think theyre the bad guy so they will rationalize their actions

Read up on this case turns out they arrested some homeless people in 1999 for accidentally starting a fire that some firefighters later died in and they actually using this as a legal basis for this case Americans are crazy.

Speaking of precedent, I am curious as to how this happened considering that previous cases either never went anywhere or were about actual bullying so the bullies got in trouble for that rather than any manslaughter cases.

Can't wait for this guy to get arrested for something he says online later.

Retard. We're not defending her. The argument is whether or not the conviction is too harsh. I personally think it is.

Sticks and stones..

>didn't do her duty as an ethical human being and report the guys intentions to his family or authorities.

By that logic we should lock up the friends and family of all Muslim terrorists. I think this is a great idea

if she's guilty for involuntary manslaughter for telling him to kill himself, the entire Sup Forums will be guilty if some faggot decides to an hero, and then the authorities pull up all the "KYS FAGGOT" posts on this site.

you retarded children need to realize that when somebody gets railroaded by the state, instead of cheering, you should stop and think that your ass might be next.

>we
anyways, i also think its too harsh but it also shouldnt be oh lets just give her 1 yr community service, good nuff

Dancer in the Dark

t. reddit

> the entire Sup Forums will be guilty if some faggot decides to an hero
Nope, that particular faggot has no reason to trust anonymous people on Sup Forums. In this case the guy knew the girl personally and he thought she had his best interests in mind.

Thats true and i dont defend the judge, 20 years is insane

reddit is better than Sup Forums for discussion and if you disagree youre an autistic child who engages in internet wars

>In this case the guy knew the girl personally and he thought she had his best interests in mind.
He wasn't a delusional child, he was a legally sane adult who had been suicidal before he met her.

I'm surprised she got such a harsh sentence considering this case: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Drew that actually featured adult(s) screwing with a child.

I'd say a year or two is reasonable.

I don't know what it is, but I really want to have sex with this girl before she gets locked up.

she didnt assist, she goaded him into it. those are very distinct

>reddit is better
t. oceania

>The Hunt
came 2 post this

context. she was his primary contact and in a position of trust and power over him as opposed to random internet bullies

where is the precedent that the victim needs to be personally familiar with the defendant for it to be involuntary manslaughter? So far, all I see is that if your words make the person kill themselves, you're guilty. Whether he should have listened or not, is not relevant - the fact the he did listen and believed it is enough.

/ourgirl/

>We're not defending her
Some people seem to be actually defending her.

But yeah 20 years is definitely crazy. Maybe a few months jail and a shitload of community service would be more reasonable.

What that woman did was way worse than the girl in this case.

this fear is what the British get for never abolishing their monarchy. freedom of speech is a guiding american principal that we dont have to worry about

i dont even know what that meme means. hello 12 year old who engages in internet wars

>he thought she had his best interests in mind.

So he's a retard therefore she's guilty of murder?

Is thsi Kristen Stewart in the biopic of Cara Delavigne?

She looks like Bride of Chucky. Go damn, anal looking into that rotten mug would make me go off like a garden hose. Her telling me to kill myself the whole time with that rat salad hairdo. Bliss.

Our generation's OJ Simpson.

t. big brother