So I just saw this for the first time

I don't get what everyone was so pissy over. Dumb but cool. The Knightmare sequence with Batman reking shit and shooting mercs was by far the most entertaining take on Batman in film.
>You don't know anything about Batman. He never, ever kills.
I want the moralfags to leave. That shit gets pushed down our throats almost constantly in every other form of media than BvS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BVIB9sGYeUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're entitled to your opinion, just don't expect most people to share it.

Too much like mainstream Hollywood trash, not enough like comicbook movies.

The further you get from the source material the more fans hate ut, regatdless of what it is, and being the 6th time a visual medium has used the same Dark Knight Returns action sequence doesn't count.

Maybe if you're just a Sup Forums person its okay, but most DC fans fucking hated it and most other comic fans disliked it.

>Dumb but cool.
Cool is the single worst description you could ever make of a movie.

>Dumb but cool.
But that's the problem. It's the two most iconic super heroes, plus Wonder Woman.
It was reasonable to expect more than another dumb action flick.

I'm 90% sure Sup Forums thinks its trash and its just ironically calling it kino.

That's how it started. Then they attracted people that actually think is good. Furthermore, if you convince yourself long enough about something, you start believing it.
Sup Forums is probably the worst board on Sup Forums
They don't even know anymore what they actually like, ironically like, muck or hate. It's only about being contratian now. And creating horrible memes that haunt all of Sup Forums.

Who the fuck legitimately cares about the movies? Are y'all gonna pretend that Hollywood can or would even allow themselves to make anything even in the same league as All-Star Superman, Luthor, Serious House on Serious Earth, or even new books like Omega Men?

It was cool but not dumb.

nothing can save emo superman.

Nothing can save batman of murder.

Nothing can save skinny Wonder Woman.

Nothing can save autistic lex.

Nothing can save us from homeless flash.

Nothing can save us from Zach Snyder and his cunt wife.

Superman was great, Batman was great, Wonder Woman was okay, Lex was great, Flash was great, Zack Snyder is a genius.

Personally I was expecting Dumb but Cool.

What I got was Dumb and oh so Insufferably Pretentious.

Satan, you're the Father of all Lies.

>You don't know anything about Batman. He never, ever kills.
Only in the movies

>Sup Forums is probably the worst board on Sup Forums
>They don't even know anymore what they actually like, ironically like, muck or hate. It's only about being contratian now. And creating horrible memes that haunt all of Sup Forums.
longtime Sup Forumsposter, can confirm

When lost ended, so did Sup Forums's last worthwhile era

>Actually having this Copy-Paste saved

I actually saw it for the first time 2 hours ago and it's all over the place.They want to bring out more justice league characters while also following the controversy of 'a god among men'. Add in about 30 minutes of superman being moody and unsure of himself, people finger-pointing at him about shit that he couldn't stop, and him refusing to explain his situation at the time when he's got a girlfriend that's IN the fucking press. Batman's origin takes too much time once again. I don't really care about the whole murdering people thing, but it doesn't help much. Wonder woman is....there.

They wanted to do too many different storylines at the same damn time. It's retarded and far too long. If you want to make Superman: Doomsday into a movie, do it, but don't cram origin stories, dark knight returns, and JL tie ins with it. They should have just made Superman: Unchained

Movie is trash. It fucked over Superman to start a shitty universe.

>I can enjoy something that other people did not
Treasure this feeling user, before this board ruins it for you

>doesn't understand Superman

This movie was a 10/10 masterpiece.

oh, and Turkish Airlines
youtube.com/watch?v=BVIB9sGYeUw

>has to use product placement
>makes it look seamless instead of forced

What's the problem here? Snyder is a genius when it comes to product placement. You know it's there, but it isn't annoying.

until they bring it up in interviews and extras. What's the point of the subtlety if you're blatant about it in the promotions anyway?

I am the inventor of that shit bro I type it every time to remind you faggots.

better than most of the mcu films

Every Mcu film is better than BVS.

>It fucked over Superman
Yeah your a fucking dumbass.
Pic related is not my words but it's accurate.

It's weird, because people now say Sup Forums is one of the worst boards, but thats only because we are one of the more liberal boards that's still nerdy, unlike say, /soc/

But it should really be no surprise the comic cartoon board at least somewhat has tumblr bullshit.

Autistic lex is not a bad characterization

It was a good movie. Deconstruction done well, Lex was a great villain (but a poor interpretation of the character) and it just melded well together.

Not saying it was perfect, but it made sense where it mattered and was good overall. The third act is still sloppy, though.

>AT&T

He doesn't smile when he's rescuing the girl

>Implying Luthor isn't autistic in every depiction of the character.

Another disciple to spread the Gospel of Snyder. Blessings to you my DCfriend.

what are you talking about you fucking pleb, this was the most faithful to the source material comic book movie ever.

>Literal frames, dialogues, and story beats taken from The Dark Knight Returns (the pearls breaking, the repeated dreams)
>Literal frames (and superman's whole inner conflict) taken right out Dini's Worlds Greatest Heroes.
>comic accurate parademons
>Injustice alt universe/possible future
>Barry time traveling via SPEEDFORCE and arriving too early (a play on how Barry always arrives late to things)
>Barry warning Batman like he did in CoIE
>Batman's last kill before going back to no-kill rule is KGBeast, the last canon kill Batman is responsible for in the comics is the death of KGBeast

Yes he actually does, I literally just re-watched that scene last night. The smile fades when people start praising him.

>but a poor interpretation of the character

>not liking Golden Age mad scientist Lex + Hackmen Lex who is forced to masquerade as a modern day hipster billionaire.

Because he literally has to do those interviews. The sponsors pay them a lot of money to get their shit in the movie, so the studio makes them shill in interviews and shit.

I really dug that whole montage. It was very TDKR with all the news outlets discussing things on TV and the imagery was really cool.

>maybe he's not some devil or Jesus character. Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing

It's alright. Critics were a bit harsh on it in my opinion. Enjoyed it for what it was but that was only after the buffer of hearing about it. had I gone in with my hype-levels prior to release I probably would have been disappointed. Honestly it mainly just gets absolutely shat on here as a reaction to people spending over a year constantly trying to incite shit with the claim that it was going to blow any other capeshit out of the water and then furthered by people convincing themselves that it was a masterpiece and anyone who didn't like it was just too dumb to understand it.

>I want the moralfags to leave. That shit gets pushed down our throats almost constantly in every other form of media than BvS.
The main problem with Batman killing is that it brings up the question of how criminals like Joker and Harley are still around if he has no problem gunning people down. I assume it's because he's only gotten unhinged enough to start killing somewhat recently and his rogues haven't been too active in that time, but if that's the case then they didn't make it clear enough for a lot of people. You can't make a character who's specifically known for his "no kill" policy start killing people with little explanation and be surprised when people react negatively. That doesn't mean you can't do it, but just be aware of how the audience will react and make sure to win them over with the story.

batman's whole arc was re-claiming his moral code.

And I'm not one of those 2deep4u fags, but there are a lot of people who just do not understand certain plot points and somehow think its the fault of the movie. I do think there is neat symbolism and intent behind that symbolism worth discussing (and if people didn't keep marking the symbolism as a negative, I'm sure people wouldn't be so adamant in defending it), but I don't think its needed to enjoy the movie.

raging idiot literally BTFO

All the extra stuff makes sense and fits into the themes of the movie except for one thing. When Keefe goes to Senator Finch and describes the loss of his legs as this weird emasculation, using all this psychologically loaded language. What the fuck was that about? It's like this weird castration complex angle that isn't present in any other part of the movie. I guess you could say it fits with Bruce's feelings of "powerlessness"/impotence, but still I don't see why it needed to be included in the film.

>He made me half a man
>My wife walked out on me
>I can't even piss standing up

What the fuck? Unless we're supposed to assume his injury literally castrated him why describe it that way? Definitely intentional on the part of Snyder/Terrio.

>KGBeast
>Canon kill
That was retconned, m8

It's weird that Sup Forums always held the title as worst board even having posters say ( insert board here) is Sup Forums 2.0. What happened to those days

Visually faithful... not to the right things, necessarily... spiritually hollow.

It's like, Snyder could have, in a different life, been a master art forger.

Like, he sits down, with an easel, and, a month later, there's this previously unseen Rembrandt coming out of some reclusive billionaire's private collection, and Zach Snyder is the one selling it "on their behalf".

And he walks away with a few million for his troubles.

It got meme hatred. A few days before release a few bad reviews trickled in, and all of a sudden,
>OMG 0/10 WORST FILM EVAR
from all the Ebert wannabes who want more clicks.

I'm watching the ultimate edition now, and it's already better just for removing that weird Jolly Rancher part with Lex.

It wasn't removed.

>That's how it starts...

I blame baneposting.

I thought the same thing when I watched it last night. Nice touch. Didn't notice it in theaters. This movie isn't perfect, but I really enjoy it.

"Metropolis again blowing out Gotham City. Really only the diehard fans are left in the stands."

LOL

Marvel is literally laughing behind their mountains of cash

Turbo shit, faithful to the source material means staying true to the characters, not just a paint by numbers shooting of comic panels to the big screen. If you don't keep the characters the same as how they are in the comics, you have failed as a director, no matter how "pretty" everything looks.

Yeah, exactly my point.

The Marvel writers have literally nothing to do with the movies though. In fact, Feige got his way so he doesn't have to deal with them anymore.

BvS is an extremely flawed, dumb movie. But somehow I still like it better than ASM2. I guess its because I have more interest in where theyre taking it (hopefully somewhere better in direction) than what SONY was doing

>Omega Men
Well, Omega Men sucked so yes?

Nigga, of all the positive things you could say about Snyder's DC works, that can't be one of them.

You people were not joking when you said Lex was a Joker rip-off in this movie.
It's like Eisenberg is trying to channel Heath Ledger at every opportunity.

>Dumb but cool
I'm glad somebody finally understand capeshit. It's nothing special but you can have fun watching it. It's on the same movie making level of a c list action flick. Kinofags need to stop under simplifying shit and Pureist fags need to stop demanding filmmakers to give a shit about comics because they don't care. Capeshit is the worst thing that has been made since it get's fanboys out of the woodwork and have stupid arguments. I do understand I speak for myself as well, but damn it we should be more sophisticated.
>That shit gets pushed down our throats almost constantly in every other form of media
This. Batman shouldn't kill but damn this moral code shit doesn't need to be brought up n every fucking Batman movie. Then again, Batman is a 1-D mary sue, so they have come up with some bullshit speech for him about killing so that way he can be to to edgy teenagers and is all "2deep4U"

I saw Gal Gadot at a signing, and I told her that seeing her in a film gave me the courage to confront my and my girlfriend's families about our relationship (girlfriend is jewish and I am Iranian). Gal told me that was great and hugged me and gave me a peck which accidentally(?) landed on the lips. My girlfriend saw and after the signing she told me we needed to take a break.

>mfw

Given Bruce's character arc I wasnt too bothered by his recklessness. Hell Keaton Batman, love him, acted just as reckless in his movies at certain times

so was everything, just because MJ and Peter's wedding was retconned, doesn't make the Raimi movies any less true to the character.

It was still a thing that fucking happened, everything will be retconned at one point. I mean ASS isnt even canon and most people fucking cite it as DEFINITIVE SUPERMAN

It's understandable. What would you do if you saw your girlfriend kissing a skeleton?

It's not seamless, and it's annoying. It sticks out like a sore thumb when we should be focusing on the soldiers' reactions to Superman.

It'd be spooky that's for sure.

But the characters ARE the same. Just because they aren't focusing on the aspects you personally like, doesn't mean they aren't true to the character. Batman has had lots of elsewords and stories that deal with the aspect of him going overboard and what it takes to bring him back. There are lots of stories that explore how Superman makes Batman a better person. There are lots of stories about mad scientist Lex who just hates Superman's very existence and wants to prove to everyone that he is a fraud. There are plenty of stories about Superman struggling with how much power he is allowed to exercise, if he should interfere in political matters, and trying to find his place in a society that can't help but compare him to gods.

Read Byrne's run on Superman, and Byrne's lex. Read golden age superboy and lex stories. Read Dini's World's Greatest Heroes. Read Kingdom Come. Read the Earth One stories. Read Batman Year 100 and Year One. Read Lex Luthor, Man of Steel. Read comics you goddamn plebs.

You know if you pretend Jesse is Riddler it actually makes him bearable. The creepy notes, the insanity plea, even his smugness wanting people to know its him behind everything

It's there for a second. You literally have to pause on purpose while looking for it in order to get a shot like that. You people literally pause for one second shots and then claim "it's not subtle!" How is subtlety even possible when you do something like that?

So how does everyone feel about this?

Its a joke, move on.

>I'm glad somebody finally understand capeshit.
That's exactly the problem with BvS. It takes itself WAY too seriously and tries to do so many things, but as the saying goes, the higher you aim, the worse the fall, or whatever. Because it literally falls flat on its face.

People are gonna cry "console wars" but the thing is, that's what Marvel Studios gets more so than Snyder and WB. Now those movies, those are just meant to be good fun for the most part. And they succeed because they know what they are.

Meanwhile, this is literally a movie that tries its damned hardest to NOT be very fun, in a movie with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in it. How is that even possible?

Just like this damn movie, but months later people are still fighting about it.

Nigger, did you watch the scene? The camera is there for a few seconds after Supes flys off, giving us a view clear if Sears.

>casuals didn't like the film because they don't read comics

What else is new? I've been saying that since Day One. Snyder has such a great grasping of the characters that he can put them in different situations and have their core aspects stay the same.

Id dump my gf for a kiss from Gal.

in before nogf, yeah yeah

About what? That Marvel took a jab at DC's movie? Thats not new. No one fucking cares, stop trying to bait people.

Sup Forums is full of "fun"fags, don't mind them

No, about the movie itself.

The Ultimate Edition is genuinely a good movie. You have to watch the Theatrical to see what people were subjected to originally.

>KGBeast survives the explosion
>Gets the mask/hand like his comic counterpart
>Returns in the Suicide Squad sequel
Acceptable?

>Jimmy Olsen was just a cover used by the CIA Operative Will Bilson
Pls

Its the only logical move now.

is this available to stream online anywhere?