Why does America have no empire? Think about it, Spain colonised south America and had a vast empire...

Why does America have no empire? Think about it, Spain colonised south America and had a vast empire, Britain colonised all over the world and had an even vaster empire, fuck even Portugal (kangz) had an empire. What a joke, even Poortugal is laughing.

Dasss rite, we wuz empire and sheeeeeiiit

Bit of an age difference between country ages there don't ya think?

We got Puerto Rico, Guam, Samoa, Marianas Islands and the Virgin Islands. Good enough?

Mars and moon soon

Do you really want us colonizing you?

america can nuke 1 pacific island in its possession per week and not run out for decades

the 50s prove it

>We got [insert useless islands here]
Spain, Britain, Rome, all had entire countries in their empire, you have measly islands.

They could have annexed Cuba, Puerto Rico and Philipines and then Canada but they were affraid the white population could decrease in percentage and now they are like 50% but without the empire fucking lol

>doesnt realize America owns the entire world

Were just not dicks and let you keep your language and country names.

There's no need because America was and is resource rich from the very beginning. There is no need for more land. All we need from the rest of the world is money and business.

I know, I cannot wait until Hillary is elected, the trolling will not end.

I will also be laughing when Spain is balkanised and is ravaged by an increasingly popular Podemos. Fuck Spain.

But the world is our empire and for that matter the entire cosmos as well my friend (:

Go back to the cuckshed with Trudeau, dumb leaf

All we need are islands to put airstrips on. Anywhere that isn't Europe would be stupid to colonize. You guys already made that mistake.

They took that from us but they didn't make them USA states to not give that people citizenship and challenge their white population.

Imagine if those people knew their country would eventually become hispanic but without gaining any territory just cause they decided in the 60's to open the gates.

Is it karma?

Why do you think the barbarians talk about neo-colonialism? You essentially have an empire of the world, payed for with paper money (or debt because your being retards) and secured by military might. Greatest empire on earth, least barbaric too.

We prefer client states over direct rule. Partially because it works to our advantage more and partially because we had competition from the USSR.

Also, we were busy settling the western half of the continent for a while.

Suck my Portuguese BBC Manolo.

The old empires were lead by Heads of State, during a time when the easiest way to make an empire was to pay an army to take over land.

The easiest way to build empires now is through economic hegemony, and they are lead by international finance institutions.

The truth is this - the leaders of the EU, of the IMF, of Goldman Sachs - they have more power than any Caesar or British monarch ever did, over more people and more resources. They rule over America's government too, so no matter how powerful America is, there simply cannot be an American empire.

Empires are alive and well, my friend. No need for a flag or national loyalty however, as that just gives people a symbol against which to rebel.

Pic unrelated, I just like it.

I don't really understand what the benefits of an empire are. Seems more trouble than it's worth.
Anyways there is an American hegemony in the world even if people aren't explicitly ours, they still follow our lead and do what we say.

>I don't have an argument so I'm just going to insult your fag

I can't wait until the mudslimes reach Spain and rape your girlfriend.

>Muh INDIRECT RULE
>Muh MILITARY MIGHT
You incompetent burgers couldn't beat the Vietnamese, literal jungle dwellers. As much as you like to pretend, influence=/=empire.

>All of Eastern Asia works in slave labour conditions to make Americans t-shirts
>South America has been reduced to a giant banana and cocaine plantation with leaders installed by the US government
>Canada extracts it's natural resources and sends them to the US at barely above cost
>"The US has no empire"

Come back when you land on the moon

We had more territory but did the noble thing and gave it up. Mainland America is an empire in its own respect, though. Bigger than mainland Britain, Spain, and Poortugal combined.

I don't see how a failure in vietnam is relevant to establishing petty dictatorships like suharto or pinochet, but if it distracts you from your counties irrelevance past the age of the tercio, more power too you.

America has a financial empire. All your economies are linked to the USD. There is no escape. You need it to buy oil.

Hawaii, Virgin Islands, Guam, Cuba, bases in just about every country, etc. We have the biggest empire.

We did beat the vietnamese. They didn't invade the south until we left. This meme needs to die.

And anyways, why is Spain talking shit? You're country is poor as fuck and so retarded that you can't even figure out how to do elections. Spain is fucking pathetic

>muh empire
Yeah, how's that working out for you now.