Avatar Sequels Officially Begin Production in September

>Avatar Sequels Officially Begin Production in September

>“At the heart of any movie are the characters. One of the strengths of great scripts are always the universal and relatable themes… There’s no more relatable theme than family. At the center of each of our four movies will be the Sully family. Each sequel will play as a stand-alone movie. Each movie’s story will come to its own conclusion… However, when looked at as a whole, the journey across all four movies will create an even larger connected epic saga for audiences around the world.”

screenrant.com/avatar-sequels-begin-production-september/

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2017/06/avatar-fox-oona-chaplin-sequels-1202116929/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Based Cameron

>universal and relatable themes
so more lowest common denominator 4 quadrant "storytelling" then. expecting nothing else.

>stories and characters that are relatable are bad

t. Sup Forums

>1,277 days until Avatar 2

About to school everyone on how to do a cinematic universe!

I'm sick of giant space Smurfs already!

After seeing the travesty that are Transformers action scenes with everything about them being shit (seriously who still thinks that Bay is a good action director) I can't wait for Cameron to show everyone once again how to really do grand scale sci-fi action. Fuck Star Wars. Fuck Star Trek. Fuck Transformers.

>There’s no more relatable theme than family.

Can't wait to see the sequel in 2025

This to be honest poeople actually foget how epic the last fight in Avatar really is, it's basically vietnam but from ground, then it goes to air combat, then it goes back to ground combat it was fucking incredible and didn't feel like 40 minutes at all it was amazing and I felt like I was there the whole time, none of it was hidden in the night it was clear as day so im looking forward to what type of future war's we're going to have.

>waiting for this since 2011

How do I get off the ride

>mrw haters think Avatar 2 is going to bomb

> Sup Forums learned nothing from the success of Wonder Woman
> still doubts Cameron after he has done the impossible more than once before
>TFA failed to overtake even Titanic's worldwide gross and Avatar overtook A New Hope on the adjusted for inflation charts
sounds like the making for another BTFOing

Has this man ever made a bad movie?

I just want him to go back to terminator and make the Terminator 3 that he was planning. I read the script where the 4 robot horses (horsemen) and new terminators came back to stop connor. Anyone else read this?

>That's what butthurt haters actually believe

True Lies isn't my cup of tea.

I love how Avatar has left a huge impact on pop culture and a dedicated fan following. Oh wait.

It will set box office records and then be completely forgotten a year later.

Come on son that meme is dead. By your logic MAd MAx fury road failed aswell, because nobody i know or anywhere near me has ever brought it up after watching it

not really

>needs to be remembered meme

>tfw the meandering lines that are our lives are just background to the release of the Avatar films

>posting in an avatar thread

This is the only 2009 film that gets constant attention andthat pop culture impact meme is shit. You're going to get blown the FUCK out when Avatar 2 makes $3b WW.

>making a sequel to Alien is a horrible mistake!
>There is no way Terminator 2 could live up to Terminator 1
>Titanic is going to SINK at the box office
>Avatar's budget is huge, it's going to be the biggest flop of all time

Keep doubting Jim, it’s been happening since he started working in the film industry.

>our lines will all connect at the midnight release

This.
Nothing to see here i'll just wait for the memes to flow.

Honestly who the fuck cares about Avatar anymore?

who cared about avatar before its release

4 billion

>4 hours queues to enter Pandora: The World of Avatar at Disneyland

t.woman

>Fuck Star Wars
>Fuck Star Trek
Nah, f*ck JJ

People thought Terminator was going to flop too. It was such a surprise hit that it got him the opportunity to write and direct Aliens.

The first film was more about the experience and pushing technology. He said as much himself. It told a basic story competently. One advantage the sequel has is that Cameron could push things in literally any direction, so I have hope he'll deliver something stronger on the narrative side of matters this time.

God, I hope this shit bombs harder than Ghostbusters.

we /shrek/ now
SOMEBODY

And he aint some jew thats why there's sop much hatred towards and why people want him to flop, the jews despise him he didn't even get paid for titanic had to use his own money to finish it

> Cameron wrote a story decades ago that he split in half to make Aliens and later Avatar
Crossover with Aliens when? They could easily take place in the same universe.

Sanctum was very mediocre, i count that, even if he didnt direct it

Brother JJ is ourguy, if The Force Awakens was exceptional it could have made more money than Avatar. It had the biggest film franchise of all time behind it, hundreds of millions of dollars in advertising and a generation brought up on Star Wars films ready to sink their teeth into the latest sequel.

Instead we have the glib facsimile that is The Force Awakens, that makes $2b world wide on the brand alone. Thanks to the film being so mediocre, lots of normies will be put off seeing the next.

When the top 6 highest grossing films of all time are Avatar 1-5 and Titanic, remember to thank JJ.

>went to check highest grossing films of all time
>mfw beauty & the beast is #10 now

>Fuck star wars
Ok ok, sure, rogue one and episode 3 had some nice scenes but I get it.

>Fuck transformers
Yeah, true dat. Piece of shit franchise. Sell it to china and neve again release world wide.

>Fuck star trek
What the fuck did you just say nigger. Now hold on, I wont even let you finish. Star trek is the single greatest thing in sci fi.

Think he is talking about the films my man.

Dang skippy. Beat me to it. Frigging world at Animal kingdom. People eating that shit up.

Capturing the imagination of the entire world, we are truly blessed to have the creative genius that is James 'Based Jim' Cameron.

Also Oona Chaplin's been cast for the sequels in a main role.

deadline.com/2017/06/avatar-fox-oona-chaplin-sequels-1202116929/

Will Jim save cinema from capeshit?

Have faith.

some trek films were kino af

I was talking about the three new Trek movies. To be fair, I still liked them far better than any of the newer Star Wars movies. Except for Into Darkness, that one was absolute shit.

You could say that faith is not needed and it's a factual certainty that Avatar 2 will be the highest grossing film of all time, and reduce capeshit production and use funds for sci-fi instead.

i hope abatap comes back

Still the most realistic fictional spaceship in any movie ever.

>if The Force Awakens was exceptional it could have made more money than Avatar

>this is what redditors actually believe

TFA was universally acclaimed by general audiences and still fell short of TITANIC. Face it, a Star Wars movie never HAD the potential to topple Avatar, a Star Wars movie never will have the potential to topple Avatar, and no Star Wars movie will ever overtake Titanic.

where the fuck is abatap :{

>he thinks the brainwashed star wars generation doesn't inflate people "rating" of the film

The film was bland, with no epic final third, no visual imagination. It was a glib facsimile of what we already have seen. It you want to see a truly compelling blockbuster go watch Avatar or Titanic.

So, humans return with an actual army and a shitload of nukes and colonise the planet, right?

>James fully intends to shoot and release the movie in 48 or 60 FPS
He will bring cinema forward once again
5 billion and not a penny less

>with an actual army
They were rejected by the ecology of an entire planet. I don't think they have the resources to colonize it user.

Does that even count? Cameron wasn't involved in the writing, only directed for like 2 weeks and wasn't even the original director.

He will do what Hackson could not.

Yeah, the humans are coming back more prepared than last time, this is known.

> Has Alita: Battle Angel rights forever
> Taking too long to start up Avatar 2
> Cameron only produced Alita and chose Robert Rodriguez to direct it

Is this his only mistake?

finally turn film into video games AMV just like in my PlayStation 2 teenage days?

Name me 1 (ONE) character's name from Jame's Cameron's Avatar without looking it up online. I'll help you out, you can't. Cameron's Avatar is the most vapid, forgettable schlock to ever reach such fame. Pathetic.

Nateri

I think created an Avatar franchise is a better use of his time, he will leave his mark on cinema for decades.

48 fps was dank, it's just Hackson who didn't know how to shoot using it. More fps is good. I enjoy it on non-vidya youtube vids every day. 24 frames are pathetic dinosaurs. Get extinct faggot.

Jake Sully
Grace
Quitach(or something similar)
Nyteri (maybe nytera?)
Ewya

That's Neytiri.

Dr Grace
Jake Sully
Quaritch.

Perhaps this question would be hard to answer if it wasn't asked all the time or you asked it on reddit.

I said without looking it up. Point made.

neytiri
jake
sigurney weaver
based colonel
that arrogant blue faggot who hated main character
that mexican rebel human
rich asshole golf player

How old are you? And don't lie on the internet.

Point made, I don't remember any of those characters and neither do you

Why not be the first to make an amazing direct live-action adaptation of anime/manga, push technology further, and break box office records in one strike?

>these are character names

James Cameron blown the fuck out, NO ONE will see the next Avatar

>I said without looking it up.
I didn't look it up though

Neyney
Jake
Captain hardcore

Nobody cares. I bet you think 12 fps cgi in anime is fine, too. Movies are blury and today's action is too fast. They use shitty tricks to stop people from having headaches. I can't see what the fuck is going on in half the scenes in modern action films. We need more fps.

Neytiri + Jake

Hate to say it but it's potential to make $$$ is much smaller, I think Jim ego will only allow him to make box office smashes. He has a reputation to uphold.

Yeah I definitely didn't make and name this webm, I don't have a clue who these characters are.

Do you want me to write an essay on each character? I remember the characters faggot. Just because your brain works poorly doesn't mean mine does.

>Do you want me to write an essay on each character?
What's taking you so long faggot, you should have already posted those fucking essays.

Let's hear it. Tell me something about each character's motivations and personality. And this part is important, WITHOUT looking it up online. I'll give you one more chance.

I know, at least you can admit it.

Not him. You sound like a forced internet tough guy. laffin @ u so hard m8 kek wew lad

>Robert Rodriguez
all hope lost

Sorry they're 50 words each and due in 12 hours.
Jake is an arrogant douche who stumbles ass backwards into being the chose by being a giant arrogant douche.
Neytiri is too curious about humans and should have helped keep her race pure.
Grace needed a nude scene BADLY.
Quaritch deserved a better death.

avatar wouldn't have become the best selling movie ever if it didn't use 3D

I you're not him why are you so quick to defend him, what's your angle, I'm not the guy you replied by the way.

>a movie that popularized and normalized a technology enough that it is an absolute standard in any modern movie theater wouldn't have done well without the technology
WHOA
REALLY GOT MY NOGGIN JOGGIN

Dick kickem

he didnt do anything wrong

I'm not defending some random dude. I'm laughing at a sperg.

Ash Ketchum who wants to be the very best
Pocahotness who wants to get railed by aliens
Milf "tsundere" McMilkymommy
Painful McBigGuy who shoots aliens before throwing them out of planes.

each personal character wasnt really an important aspect of the film, names didnt really matter. on an alien planet their previous lives dont matter
its a kino you have to look at in the big picture

>I'm laughing at a sperg
Whatever sperg.

how did this shit ever make so much money? was it just the 3d meme? it's literally pocahontas except much more retarded and indians are replaced with blue monkey cat things