Homestuck and Problem Sleuth

So I just finished reading Problem Sleuth... how the fuck is this written by the same man who made the ending for Homestuck?

Also, wasn't the midnight crew supposed to originate from PS? I don't recall ever seeing them.

Other urls found in this thread:

mspaintadventures.com/unlock.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tJWO4WaQh_Y
karezee.tumblr.com/image/146679030287
trashconstruct.tumblr.com/
pastebin.com/c4RsEfSG
archiveofourown.org/works/7190969/chapters/16680148
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mspaintadventures.com/unlock.html

thanks

With every single thing you do
The universe is split in two
With every single choice you make
You leave behind you and your wake
A set of places you can't see
Expanding exponentially
And all of them have different yous
With different things they get to choose
And in the space between some
Two consecutive quanta of time
There must be a universe where
Homestuck's ending was fine, somewhere
Homestuck's ending was fine

its okay, there's a version of ourselves that got a satisfying ending to homestuck so it doesn't matter that we didn't
:^)

>Think there are actual people who read problem sleuth

give it up op we will never win

Homestuck...

most of the people in homestuck threads have read problem sleuth
there just isn't a lot to talk about
problem sleuth was pretty conclusive, unlike homestuck

>Homestuck was 2 months ago

I'm re-reading PS because I was feeling some serious nostalgia - just got to the start of the boss fight. I'm strapping in for this wild ride.

Also, I noticed it in some fics I was reading lately, and it's just now really occurred to me that Dave is Texan, and probably has a Texan accent or a drawl or something? Holy shit.

Bro owns the Big Texas Cummer truck

What was the best part of (Acts 1-5 of) Homestuck? The music, the plot, the characters, the humor, the art... which did you like the most?

Kid voice talk used to be a huge topic before trolls

John sounds normal enough, Rose sounds like a bored goth, Dave has a slight Texan drawl, and Jade sounds like she's speaking another fucking language but does it with an adorable tone of voice

The characters and the sense of adventure and wonder. The music really helped sell the latter.

The music, the incredible variety of color and locale, the short snappy dialogue leading into this feeling of wonder and discovery and what I thought was going to be the end.

youtube.com/watch?v=tJWO4WaQh_Y
This is canon John voice.

So you're saying Rose is Raven and Jade is Starfire, voice-wise

Why are there only two homestuck bonus panels? I would think that there would be more.

>#HeterosexualPrideDay

It's time.

Actually yeah kind of, that's a good comparison

the fact that we didn't know anything but we already knew alot was a big deal for me reading it. i wanted to know more about the worlds, the kids and even the trolls. its why i like the ancestors backstory cause it was good lore.

Thems fightin' words.

Absolutely the sense of adventure and wonder. I was rereading a good chunk of the earlier acts the other night. Stuff like Enter, Dave: Accelerate, Jack: Ascend, WV: Rise Up, they all convey a sense of wondrous, epic adventure thanks to the gorgeous way Hussie drew environments, his great sense of animation flow, and of course the incredible music.

Pretty much all facets of the comic are amazing at that point, of course.

John and Rose I can picture easily enough. Dave is incredibly hard for me since I live in the south myself, so I can't really distinguish anything as a "southern drawl" before we get dangerously close to Con Air levels, and I have no idea how Jade would talk. I mean you get what, a few years of one person talking and thats it? I'd imagine there's all sort of weird idiosyncrasies in her speech that were never pointed out or corrected.

Ah shit, someone should redraw the Nedroid sword comic with Jade and Dave now.

It's time?

Porrim is a Mary Sue.

>how the fuck is this written by the same man who made the ending for Homestuck?

Hussie's still a great writer. He just let Homestuck get away from him with character bloat, and then got burnt out and half-assed the end. I'm still excited to see what he does next.

Yeah, you'd think there'd be a truckload of them if he still accepted donations for bonus pages up until Tavros was shown in a wheelchair.

Reminder that Hussie decided to explore the trolls in their own Act because Toby Fox composed the "Alternia" album and he found it so inspiring

The seeds for Homestuck's destruction were planted by the man who surpassed it.

Defeating his mentor was Toby's plan all along.

IT'S TIME!

Rose doesn't sound like a bored goth so much as a goth who is desperate to project the idea she doesn't give a shit about what you say or think, when she absolutely does, so she comes across as probably sounding more sexually frustrated than anything

unexpected kek

Good to know that we can blame Toby for everything that went so fucking wrong with the trolls.

I've only read PS, and I know it's x10 better for a fact.

>Toby-posting faggots.

>she comes across as probably sounding more sexually frustrated than anything
Why does it always come to this with you guys.

Exactly
Jade's probably got some trace of southern accent mixed with "what the fuck is that kind of speech".

that's all Hussie left us with this comic user

it's all we have

You let your dicks control you, user.
You have to break free.
That said I love the art style for that comic. Did we ever get identification on the artist, or is it some anonymous artist?

LuFa is still alive and hopefully concludes the intermission soon

Also
>Japan
>Encounters a tentacle monster

I don't get your comic

fuck that

let's put together an inter-dimensional transportalizer and invade the universe where homestuck was good all the way through

DUDE
HOTPOCKETS
LMAO

TrashConstruct
Shame what happened to them

Happy heterosexual day

Is there a universe where Act 6 was also fine?

karezee.tumblr.com/image/146679030287

dave has sex with large amazon jade

Sburb fanventure ideas:

>The players are desperate adult soldiers from around the globe who uses Sburb to "wipe the slate clean"

>You've read the FAQ, you've heard the stories and now you're going to delay installation to prepare with your friends IRL for one week/month before min-maxing the fuck out of your session.

>Sburb: Historical dictators edition

>An Sburb session with the "Soulsborne Mod" installed

>Sburb session with gamedev heads like Todd Howard, Miyazaki, some other person...

GODAMMIT, GUYS!

Waterworks is fuckin amazing! Why didn't you recommend this sooner? Fucking cute pieces of shit!

>>Sburb: Historical dictators edition
We did something like this years ago. It was pretty great.

that posture makes no sense, the dick angle is all wrong

>trashconstruct
doesnt even look like their style.

>You've read the FAQ, you've heard the stories and now you're going to delay installation to prepare with your friends IRL for one week/month before min-maxing the fuck out of your session.

Wouldn't everyone who launches the beta day 1 still get you killed?

His party clearly hasn't entered the halls of Moria, if you catch my drift.

Adding
>An entire city plays Sburb, the mayor is the protag

>mfw
KINDRED!! I know right? I'm as obsessed with it as the nutters are with homestuck. To the point that I made a fanquest because I needed something to do while waiting for LuFa to update.

He has a particularly long dick

It is them though

My friend suggested I read Waterworks, is it a good fan adventure?

So far (started reading 20 mins ago) seems good. Not about homestuck itself, but it's quite fun. Has cool flashes and seems to follow a game-like system with skills for some characters

Yes, you should definitely read it. Cute artstyle, great plot and smooth animation.

Mood-based inventory is also awesome.

I give you naked amazonian jade and this is how you repay me?

tfw dyonoi made trash have a sex change and now well never get any more edgy comics ever again

Are you fucking blind, retard?

Are you?

Too bad dyonoi will still only be remembered as the stupid over-reactive davekat shipper

Wait, what even happened to Trashconstruct? Are they transgender?

kinda like all the other davekat shippers?

nahh he was a dude with a huge dick but dyonoi chopped it off. sad story

She's not that amazonian

Here's one I'm not using:

The players of the game arrive on their lands faced not greeted by their consorts, but by a Muse, a gestalt of every other player of the shared aspect that has played sBurbs ever, but only using the characteristics of the players with Passive classes. The Lord is a gestalt if all of the players with Active classes, and at the end of the quest must be faced like the denizen. In combat they will use the powers of all classes with their aspect.

somehow managed to get humiliated by some literal who davekat blogger

Are you saying the person who made those comics that upset Davekat bloggers got brainwashed and turned into a transsexual by one of those Davekat bloggers?

yes thats exactly what happened to the letter. youve got it

>turned into a transsexual
where are you getting this from. use your head, genius.
trashconstruct.tumblr.com/

the hell?

ROSE DRINK? VRISKA SMASH AND SOLVE ALL PRO8LEMS!!!!!!!!

She should be looking at rose not the booze.

>Vriska gets into a violent abusive relationship with Rose to harm her into obedience

>implying people are turned into transexuals
this is a thread where trannies are user. you wouldn't want to offend us by associating them with davekat bloggers would you

Vriska truly is the hero Homestuck needed and certainly wasn't obtuse to the series.

Are you saying being trans doesn't involve a transformation?

Gee Vriska, wasn't being a belligrent meddlesome asshole who had to have credit for solving everything exactly what led to your session getting facefucked by an awful Bec Prototyped Jack?

dyonoi has incredible power

moonsetter was butchered for this

Vriska was great in Act 5. Can't blame her for the general collapse in character development or writing in Act 6.

TFW Vriska was my favorite character

TFW Hussie brought her back in the most hamfisted way possible

TFW the mechanics of bringing Vriska back not only make all of the other causality questions moot, it also makes John and Terezi seem like sociopaths

Hang in there, Joey!

Joey is s t i l l b o r n

wrong thread, retard

Joey no! Rape is not the answer! Joey do NOT rape Roxy and all the trolls!!

no its not
are you retarded?

You are now aware that Problem Sleuth's long and excellent epilogue including your picture was added AFTER the story originally ended.

You know, just like Homestuck.

Don't be retarded, wait until Homestuck is also complete before judging.

she already raped Trizza, remember?

tbqh I'm not sure if even a god-tier (pardon the pun) ending will be enough to salvage the absolute trainwreck that was Act 6.

Well that was a much longer fucking chatlog than I thought it would be.

pastebin.com/c4RsEfSG

Would recommend reading it on AO3, though, chatlogs suck on pastebin

archiveofourown.org/works/7190969/chapters/16680148

Roxy's threesome addiction update. Roxy has a freakout and Rose discovers the word "fortuitous" can mean many things, depending on how you look at it.