"ARROW" ADDS TWO NEW CHARACTERS

>Carly Pope and Tyler Ritter have joined the cast of The CW's ARROW in recurring roles. Pope will play Susan Lewis, "a journalist from nearby Coast City who comes to Star City looking to make a name for herself by targeting Oliver Queen for a big story"; while Ritter is playing Malone, "an ambitious detective newly-transferred to the Star City Police Department following Captain Lance's departure from the squad".

>While Malone is an original creation of the series, in the comics Susan is the wife of Jim Jordan, the younger brother of Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern.

comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv/arrow/carly-pope-joins-arrow-season-5-as-a-character-with-ties-to-hal-a143050

Is there still hope for "Arrow", Sup Forums?

No probably not. The show was really painful to watch the last season (I haven't actually finished it). I think they will have lost a massive chunk of their viewer base moving onto the next.

The show is getting a reputation online for being fucking terrible.

Season 5 is their last shot at redemption.

To be honest, I'm feeling good about what they've release so far. Better than the season 4 announcements.

>> in the comics Susan is the wife of Jim Jordan, the younger brother of Hal Jordan, the Green Lantern.
>Hal's sister in law can be on tv but not Hal himself

goddammit

I genuinely feel bad for you, son.

Adding new characters mean shit when Guggieretard and tumblr self-insert writer Wendy is still writing.

>Season 5 is their last shot at redemption.
There is a lot of good comic book movie/show stuff floating around right now. Surely Arrow gets bumped out of your rotation?

n o
o

Nope.

Shows get one chance at redemption. If they fuck it up, then it's clear they don't care. You might disagree, but trust me when I saw that producers are smart about changing things that need to be fixed, based on audience response. On the average show that gives a crap about its audience, if they make a mistake or a season of mistakes, they'll fix it as soon as possible (e.g. soon in the production schedule or next season).

Arrow writers/EPs have no real reason to care -- if anything, with the growing costs of actor salaries and CW's desire to make room in their schedule, they'd probably WANT to tank the show. This has happened with Pretty Little Liars; this happens to various other shows (live action and cartoons) that get tanked in terms of scheduling.

They easily could have learned the lessons that S3 taught them, and they purposely chose to ignore them. They're not going to suddenly realize their mistake. They know what they're doing.

The show is dead.

I mean with the public.

Season 3 was disappointing, but the ratings keep generally steady. Season 4 is when they began declining due to bad word of mouth, to the point where the final stretch was pulling series low after series low.

Season 5 is their last shot at winning back the crowd before most people completely write off the show.

npbp

>yfw they introduce Hal Jordan
No, not that one
Also anyone got a link to his concept art for E2?

You mean this? Literally only took a simple Google search.

Thanks user.
RIP E2 and all your ides James and Nicola

>Season 5 is their last shot at winning back the crowd before most people completely write off the show.
I think that ship has sailed.

How many episodes in do you think Felicity will lecture Susan on trying to expose Oliver and getting her to back off?

The new characters.

ADRIAN CHASE / VIGILANTE (Josh Segarra)

>Star City's new District Attorney who joins forces with Mayor Oliver Queen to take on organized crime, aspiring to clean up the streets by using the legal system. Behind his irrepressibly charming facade, Chase is a man on a mission, out to avenge a tragic and violent loss from his own years prior, and this drives him into increasingly extreme methods. As he spirals further into violence, Chase proves himself to be a chilling adversary, who might just as easily shake your hand as your best friend or break your neck as your worst enemy — and you never know which one is coming. Either way, he’s more than capable of having a good time as he does it.

Wow, another "It's just an easter-egg. Green Lantern is never going to appear anyway" situation.

No. Season 4 was terrible.

Wait lance is gone too?!

JACK WHEELER / WILD DOG (Rick Gonzalez)

>An ex-Marine turned vigilante operating in Star City, whose reckless and cocksure nature prompts the Green Arrow to take him under his wing. Wheeler proves himself to be an unpredictable, but reliable ally.

EVELYN SHARP / ARTEMIS (Madison McLaughlin)

>One year after masquerading as the Black Canary to pursue vengeance against Damien Darhk for the death of her parents, Evelyn resurfaces determined to forging her own identity as Artemis, and proves herself to possess great resolve and resourcefulness despite Oliver's continuous efforts to discourage her from a life of vigilantism.

TOBIAS CHURCH (Chad L. Coleman)

>A ruthless crime lord who sets out to fill the sizable void left by Damien Darhk and H.I.V.E., uniting Star City's criminal enterprises under his command. Church is an apex predator who cuts his way through the shadows by taking down the biggest threat first, and quickly sets his sights on newly-appointed Mayor Oliver Queen.

>people want Green Lantern to appear in Arrow while the hack writers (source of the shittiness) are still there to fuck it up

In other news, the flashback storyline will be set in Russia. David Nykl expected to return as Anatoly Kniazev, alongside a new character, Derek Zaba, described as "a man of fierce intelligence whose wit and humor belie a person wrestling with deep-seated demons. Derek looks to his Jewish faith to ground himself, having been raised in a devout family, and while usually kind and well-meaning, he can also come off as a physical threat".

Nobody is truly gone. Dig, Thea and Lance are still regulars and will return eventually.

Probably after Oliver's new replacements all blew up in his face one way or another

Vigilante = Laurel
Wild Dog = Diggle
Artemis = Thea
Malone = Lance

>Jewish
FUCK SAKE
HES FELICITYS COUSIN

Not all Jewish people are related, bro.

That's what they want you to think.

>people here stuck through the entirety of S3 with hopes that it would get better
>people here stuck through the entirety of S4 with hopes that it would get better
>people here will stick through the entirety of S5 with hopes that it will get better

Am I the only one who hates journalist characters? Always being self-righteous about snooping in peoples' business for the sake of what basically amounts to glorified gossip.

You never know the casting this year seems stronger than it has ever been so it could elevate the material a bit. Still the problems with this show fall mostly on the writers not the actors.

What a sad attempt to bring in YJfags instead of, you know, bringing the show back!

So, basically what Brick should've been?

Young Justice didn't invent Artemis, bro.

Who. Fucking. Cares? They waste the characters they already have. Fuck Grundy still hasnt come back

Don't remind me.
Damn, that Brick was awful. I know Arrow would rather waste its time on shitty melodrama instead of making the villains compelling, but putting so little effort?

Artemis Crock had no relation to Green Arrow or was an archer until YJ. It's obvious what they're doing. Even Giggleheim proudly retweeted an article that referred to her as Young Justice's Artemis.

Oh great so we can expect a shitty Sportsmaster and Chesire too? Fuck everyone at CW. These people fucked up Count Vertigo twice, should be a good indication of their stupidity

Her parents died, and her real name is Evelyn Sharp (who was supposed to be Sterling), so no, they'll get spared this embarrassment.

>people don't like Count Vertigo as a one-dimensional hammy drug dealer with Ledger's Joker's mannerisms
>let's make the next Count Vertigo a one-dimensional hammy drug dealer with Ledger's Joker's mannerisms, but this time his drug will act like Scarecrow's gas
>brilliant!

I like both Gaben and Stormare as actors, and it's just sad to see them wasted on such a shit role.

Honestly we could have replaced Ras with Vertigo if they wanted a snobby villain. At least then it would have cut down on the Batman shit

>second season 9/10
>third season 5/10
>fourth season 1/10
>this season ???/10

Malone, eh?

>Evelyn Sharp (who was supposed to be Sterling)

Ugh. They've really hit the bottom of the barrel in terms of adapting characters, haven't they?

Last season was Dexter season 8-tier.
They can't possibly make the show worse, right?

You keep saying that and yet the middle finger from the self-insert character says otherwise

She at least used a crossbow

I think you mean lecture Oliver for not helping a woman trying to make it in a mans world.

Who the fuck cares anymore?