Amazing Spider-Man 2

So I watched this for the first time today.
I actually really liked it. Much better than BvS and Apocalypse.

Positives:
>Peter and Gwen
>How they handled Gwen's death
>How Spidey acts and moves, quite fluid
>Harry's actor was pretty good
>Ending was inspiring
Negatives:
>Sinister 6 build up was too obvious
>Electro's dubstep powers
>Green Goblin was in the movie for about 5 second

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WfV-0Yv5vNY
youtu.be/ZpxtO_ZjfU4?t=7m9s
youtube.com/watch?v=YpC0z2P1uaY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I feel like some heavy-handed editing could have elevated this film into at least acceptable territory. Turn the goblin storyline into a set-up for the next movie, cut most of the peter's parents conspiracy story, give electro better characterization

I still haven't watched it for a second time since the first viewing in 2014. I remember people said one of the problems was the pacing.

Those beginning parts of him just swinging through NYC are probably my GOAT scenes of cape movies though.

I could sympathize with the villain was one of the highlights

Yup. The movie actually managed to get a few things about the character right, too bat the plot was overcrowded nonsense.

youtube.com/watch?v=WfV-0Yv5vNY

>Electro's dubstep powers
>Negative

You motherfucker, that was one of the nice creative things in the film

The ending was great, yeah. The action was the best it had ever been for Pete (until Civil War.) Gwen was well cast, she took the character and made it her own and gave it a real identity, the way RDJ did with Tony Stark. Peter was serviceable. Electro was alright.

But god damn was the Harry actor not the right person for the role at all. And god damn was the Harry turning evil plot ill-conceived.

It's funny, the Spider-Man movies tried getting the "Harry turns into an evil goblin villain" thing TWICE and in both movies they absolutely botched it.

>How they handled Gwen's death
You mean, made it extremely cheesy, stupid and unintentionally funny?

>NYC swinging scene

You're not wrong, that was pretty cool

>that opening heroic music

I actually like a lot about this opening, but I can't stand the dialogue. Maybe I'm just more used to more awkward spidey jokes, and in the movie he's all swagger.

You realize they did it exactly like the comics, excpet it was a clock tower?
Also, Peter's mourning is what I really liked.
youtu.be/ZpxtO_ZjfU4?t=7m9s

I felt that they really played down the whole feeling of Peter getting Gwen killed 'cause he was a cocky fuck.

But then they have him get all depressed and blames himself anyways.

It's also pretty silly how he stares at her grave while all the seasons pass, and yet it's only been a few weeks between her death and the final fight against Rhino.

>did it exactly like the comics
You do realize that in the comics it was a quiet dramatic scene but in the movie it was a cheesy piece of shit that's impossible to take seriously? Unless for someone who's not a faggot with no standards and taste whatsoever.

>Also, Peter's mourning is what I really liked.
Alright, fuck off already with your shit taste.

I can't help but laugh whenever I see the web hand.

also youtube.com/watch?v=YpC0z2P1uaY

>Unless
*At least.
Point still stands

It was a hilarious scene. If you think it's a good scene, you need to have your head checked.

Yeah they fucked up the scene but you don't have to be a dick about it dude.

It was like six months or something.

No. In the comics, it was Peter's fault Gwen died due to him webbing her ankle. In the movie, he wasn't fast enough and she hit her head on the ground. The only good thing was how it was more brutal seeing her head hit and bounce off the ground.

Just the web hand? Everything about that scene was funny as fuck.
The tryhard "dramatic" music, the shitty slo-mo, the effect of stopping Gwen's fall. It's like a bizarre comedy.

God I hate this movie, but the build up to the rhino fight at the end is incredible
>they cut away as it started because there was no logical way for Spider to win

It was the force that killed her

The newscaster says Spider-Man was gone for 8 months.

Meh, it was a serious emotional scene, most of the stuff in it fit. If you actually enjoyed the movie and the characters up to that point it all works, but the hand is cheesy as fuck.

And it didn't really feel like Peter's fault because he does a lot of shit to get Gwen to stay away from his life, and that fight in general, but she refuses to listen and gets herself killed rather than Peter being a cocky fuck like in the comic.

It's more tragic because he's so sure that he saved her.

Ok so would you guys rate ASM2 better or worse than BvS? I only ask because they both suffer from editing and sequel bait issues

You're a fucking idiot.

In the comics Gwen died by Peter's fault. She was in his apartment looking for him, the Goblin went there to catch him and caught her instead.

In the movie she dies because I'M A FEMINIST AND I MAKE MY OWN CHOICES, PETER! I CHOOSE TO BE HERE AMONGST THESE GOD-LIKE BEING ON A DANGEROUS DEADLY FIGHT! I'M NOT LEAVING! I CHOOSE IT, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I!

They completely missed the point of her death, fucked up one of the most important moments n comic book history and idiots like you who don't understand the character and his story and motivations ate it up.

>just like the comics!!!11

You make me laugh.

There are a lot of moments in BvS that are legitimately good, or are like just on the edge of good, that make it a neat film to watch, some of the dialogue and call outs to the larger universe that aren't so in your face, like the youtube videos.

>>Wonder Woman: "I've killed things from other worlds before."

stuff like that was neat. Batfleck was pretty fun to watch.

The only thing I enjoy about ASM2 is the swinging around. I really don't like Garfield's Spidey or Peter. All the of the dialogue just seems really cringey to me. He's got to much swagger going on, like he's been Spidey for years or something.

I know this movie has a shit ton of problems, i know it could be considered bad.
I grew up with the Raimi movies, i am just 18
B-but this is my favorite Spider-man movie, there is nothing wrong with it r-right guys...?

I have no idea how anyone could take this movie seriously after the opening plane scene. Fuck your big guys, the idea that someone thought a fucking Spider-Man movie should start with two 50+ year-old character actors engaging in a kung-fu fight with an assassin on a corkscrewing plane while a SONY VAIO(™) laptop tries to upload plot garbage to Richard Parker's underground Ninja Turtle base is way more hilarious.

BvS is a worse movie overall, but ASM2 has a weaker script. At least BVS had a villain who mattered in the context of the story.

You could literally cut Electro out of the movie and all you would have to do is change one scene. I've never seen a film where the main antagonists had so little relevance to what was going on in the film.

>>ignorance equals stupidity.

Dude chill he's probably never read the original comics. Instead of sperging out you could just explain why the scene is dumb and wrong.

Ok, I was wrong with the just like the comics thing, but her being there wasnt feminism, she knew how to fix the grid. She came out when it was safe, and Gobbie snatched her.
It seemed like he though he saved her in the movie. He hurries down his web to help her up, and tells her to breath. Then he realizes she's actually dead.

If you are a comic book fan, it's a gosh darn atrocity.

If you are a film fan, it's an incoherent mess of a movie.

Otherwise it's a fun and dumb movie with some neat action. Don't feel bad.

To me it's the same shit, the difference being the TASM2 is colorful and not so obnoxius while BvS is dark and thinks it's too smart when it's actually absolutely stupid.

Both movies made by studios that had no idea what they were doing and horribly written with no true comprehension of the characters they were handling. It's the same shit really but I took TASM2 on a more personal level because Spider-Man is my favorite character of all time. I don't give a fuck for superman and batman so whatever.

Harry was effectively the main antagonist.

I cant even be mad at this film anymore since Civil War Spidey is getting a debut film.

I've read Stan Lee's run, so I know that eras stories. Admittedly, I have not read the Night Gwen Stacy Died, I correct that here

>>she knew how to fix the grid.

I may be missing something, but I thought that was pretty silly too. Why does she know how to restart the cities electrical grid? Why would she need to know how to do that?

It seemed like they wanted to give her more agency than "damsel in distress, fridged off bridge" but didn't really know how.

Only sort of. He only became the antagonist in the last fifteen minutes of the movie, before that he was honestly just the secondary protagonist with how much of the film follows his deathly boring corporate intrigue OsCorp narrative.

Whoever the fuck Colm Feore was playing seemed to be the closest thing to a plot-relevant villain the film had.

OsCorp built the plant, and she worked on the project and knew the specs.

>waaa stop being mean on muh safespace
Is Sup Forums the most sensitive crybaby board on this site?

I'm a pretty big marvel and Spidey fanboy and I've gotta give it to BvS. At it's best it was exciting and at its worst it was just boring and a little pretentious. ASM2 just makes me upset and I could probably watch it and spend 90% of the time specifically pointing out exactly why I think it's bad. BvS has it's issues but ASM2 blatantly has nonsensical motivations for character and really stupid plot developments. And at least BvS didn't literally show the last scene in the movie in the fucking trailers.

I like the movie, but I admit it has flaws.

The first one, however, I feel is objectively a good movie and I don't think it deserves the hatred it got by association.

I'd also rather rewatch it than BvS.

They really needed to devote more time to Electro. They gloss over the fact that OSCORP stole his grid design and for fuck sake Symthe was a throwaway role

>Peter and Gwen
>Harry's actor was pretty good
But his character sucked
>Ending was inspiring

I figured it was something like that. Another issue with the series in general. Literally everything and everyone is OsCorp. Not only that, but they all use the same elevator, everyone from janitors, too the CEO.

I half expected Aunt May to get a shitty job there.

>You could literally cut Electro out of the movie and all you would have to do is change one scene. I've never seen a film where the main antagonists had so little relevance to what was going on in the film.

This. Remember the scene where Peter was with Gwen walking around then his spider-sense tingles and he goes there, beats electro and then comes back and says something like "So, what were you saying?".

I've never seen a superhero movie in which the hero is so fucking disconnected from everything else that's happening. Peter is always thinking about stuff that are completely irrelevant and Electro was just there.

The characters themselves, with the exception of Harry, were totally disconnected from the actual movie. It was absurd.

Pretty much this. For cinephiles it will be horrible because it's a movie badly put together, like the first TASM. For Spider-Man fans it will suck for the reasons we have already mentioned. But if you are more casual and don't care much about these things, it has nice moments like Spider-Man wearing clothes when he's cold (i love that), etc.

The Times Square scene should of been better. I liked the setup with Electro wandering into the crowd and feeding, but the entire thing is ruined by the forced hatred towards Spider Man. I get that it was supposed to be Max feeling betrayed by his hero, but its done so poorly. And Rhino was fucking bullshit all around with that bookend. Dumb design, and a complete waste of Paul

Do they ever say this? And even so, it's still pretty dumb. Sure, let's hire this girl right outta highschool and get her to work on the cities power grid design. Like what?

The movie is full of silly coincidental crap like this. Pretty sure it's because they basically wrote the movie backwards from Gwen's death.

Things I liked about BvS:
Batfleck as Old Batman/Bruce
Batman doing anything in that movie
Musical Scores, especially for Lex
I actually enjoyed Lex Jr as a different take on Lex

Things I didn't like about BvS:
The fight against Doomsday was meh
Flash, Aquaman nor Cyborg made an appearance in the End
Wonder Woman wasn't half naked nearly enough

>This. Remember the scene where Peter was with Gwen walking around then his spider-sense tingles and he goes there, beats electro and then comes back and says something like "So, what were you saying?".

This didn't happen.

>the shitty slo-mo
I want to get rid of slow mo, just imagine the Gwen death scene happening in an instant. There would actually be the thought that he saved her, rather than the fucking however long it took to slow mo watch the web reach her.

I think hes referring to Peter resuming their conversation/date after he hoses down Electro and she walks off annoyed.

Yes, they say it.

Gwen was a genius from a special school for advanced students. It's not that hard to buy, really.

Honestly the only issue with it is Gwen working on an engineering project when she was majoring in genetics.

>The first one, however, I feel is objectively a good movie and I don't think it deserves the hatred it got by association.

It's a narrative remake of the Raimi film with all the personality sucked out of it and ten-thousand hints and set-ups for future films.

I couldn't believe they turned Uncle Ben's Robber into a future storyline that would have to paid off in a later film. What pussy screenwriters and producers, they literally couldn't get five minutes into the origin without adding more setup for the future. Worthless fucking hacks.

>he characters themselves, with the exception of Harry, were totally disconnected from the actual movie

It really felt like one of the screenwriters really wanted to make a corporate thriller starring Harry Osborn, and sine the original cut was 4 hours long I guess he got his wish and they kept all that crap in.

It's not Dane DeHaan's fault or anything, but that should never have been in the film. I'm not here to watch Felicity Jones moon over Harry Osborn and watch Colm Feore twiddle his moustache like the world's most pathetic Bond villain, I want some goddamn Spider-Man in my Spidey movie.

This happened, sir. Oh, it did.

But it didn't happen. She tells him she's going to London, before he can say anything he has to fight Electro, and after Electro is taken away he finds Gwen in the crowd and says something to the effect of "England? I'm happy for you" before swinging off.

Yeah, if you know the comics and are aware that she's going to die the whole thing feels like a weird parody. Having it all happen lightning fast like everything else Spidey does would make it seem like he saved it, and it'd be more shocking when you see that he didn't.

Spider-man's introduction to Electro was a GOAT superhero movie moment. Just him being genuinely friendly to an average guy he actually recognizes who's in a confusing situation.

But seriously fuck everything after that. Spidey literally shouts "Hey, Don't shoot my friend Max!" and Max blames Spidey when he gets shot at. This is the same man who spends his time alone fantasizing about Spider-man wishing him a happy birthday, and suddenly he blames Spider-man for a trigger-happy officer. Did he think Spider-man has some sort of code with the police to shoot anyone he tells them not to shoot?

And after the fight starts, Spidey gets even worse. The movie makes it absurdly clear that he understands Max is confused and scared, but suddenly he has no issue beating his ass into the ground and then fucking off without making sure he gets the help he obviously needs. And to make matters worse he goes home to start working on technology to make sure he can effectively kill Max next time they fight, despite having just captured him.

To be fair she was already working with Dr Connors.

>Peta's parents were top secret scientists. Muh conspiracies
>Genius intellect Peta watches Youtube videos of how electricity works
>Ever since Raimi movies, the over done romance subplot

>I couldn't believe they turned Uncle Ben's Robber into a future storyline that would have to paid off in a later film.

They didn't. The whole point is that Peter learned he would best honor Uncle Ben's memory by dedicating his powers to helping others rather than single-handely hunting down the killer, and as thus the killer was never caught.

Watch it again. He didnt say "Im happy for you" there, he tried to resume the conversation. She gets pissed, Peter is left standing there like an idiot

was the last good movie Rami made Army of Darkness? Drag me to hell was Ok, but I didn't exactly think the Spiderman movies were all that good. I liked the reboot ones a little better. this kid in Civil War was good (used him how he's supposed to be used, comedic purposes like Flash in DC comics).

Spider-Man said Max nobody would shoot him, and especifically told Max to stay in the same position (because he would electrify the grid), and then Max got shot, so he thought Spider-Man had made him a sitting duck.

Plus he only accused Spider-Man of setting him up after the TV screens changed and he got butthurt.

Which is also weird considering in the previous film he kept trying to talk down Dr Connors. I liked the chat before the fight, as you said, because Peter was smart enough to tell Max was terrified and confused. But magically everyone drops IQ in the span of 30 secs

The Flash is rarely used solely for comedic purposes on DC. That's a holdover from the animated series that now appears to be carried over to the movies where Barry is a quip machine.

Whose introduction is oddly similar to Peter's in "Civil War".

I agree, having it happen in an instant would be amazing.

Still, it seemd ridiculously unlikely to me that someone who idolizes Spider-man that much would assume he was betrayed that quickly. If anything he'd be more likely to convince himself that Spider-man did nothing wrong no matter what happened.

Max seemed to have a genuine disorder. Remember his imaginary violent outburst at Smythe?

Plus reading what was supposed to have happened beforehand paints a different light on everything.

But when I watched I thought how cool it might have been if Max had tried to become a superhero like Spider-Man and went full sperg when people didn't idolize him and instead treated him like shit as Spidey is often treated.

I just thought the electricity going through his brain made him crazy. Our thoughts are nothing but electric impulses so having electricity running through your brain might make you insane, I dunno.

He was crazy before that. Didn't he have an imaginary conversation with Spider-Man over dinner or something?

To be fair, I do that too sometimes, and I am not crazy.

Do you actually talk out loud to the person, though? Do you light candles and stuff to set a mood?

No, but he is a guy. I am not in love with him. It's just two guys talking.

Yes

I'm a writer and I more often than not find myself pantomiming improv dialogue.

bait.

The pacing of tasm2 was like one of those anime movies that was actually a season of a show edited down. So fucking weird.

Is yours the opposite or same sex?

>Green Goblin was in the movie for about 5 second
I think you mean Rhino, the whole reason I bought a ticket was to see Rhino, We've already had 2 other live action Goblins, and Rhino was in the trailer and on the posters. At least he actually fought Green Goblin.

Yeah I gotta say, I can't believe they just took the last 15 seconds of the movie and made it into a trailer. I was like excited for the fight. When he came on and I thought it was end with him wrecking him, not just swinging around the manhole cover.

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2012)

>Sony greenlit SPIDER-MAN 4 for June 2011, with Raimi, Maguire, Dunst, Rosemary Harris and J.K. Simmons set to return, and John Malkovich and Anne Hathaway as the Vulture and Felicia Hardy. James Vanderbilt wrote the script, which was later revised by Steve Kloves, Gary Ross and David Lindsay-Abaire, but Raimi was not satisfied with the story and dropped out, leading to the project being scrapped.

>Sony originally planned to complete Raimi's series with SPIDER-MAN 4 and SPIDER-MAN 5 before rebooting the franchise, but decided to move forward with a reboot written by Vanderbilt and later revised by Kloves, Sargent and Paul Feig, and Marc Webb was selected to direct.

>In early drafts, Peter learns that his father, Richard Parker, coded the venom of the genetically engineered spiders he's created to Peter's DNA to prevent it from being weaponized by OsCorp, for which him and his wife, Mary Parker, were assassinated. Although "The Untold Story" was one of the marketing campaign's major selling points, Sony was wary after fan backlash when the concept was leaked online and deleted all scenes referencing the idea.

>In early drafts, Peter's high school classmates are more prominent. In addition to Gwen Stacy and Flash Thompson, there'd be Missy, an introverted nerdy girl who has a crush on Peter; and Ariel, Flash's manipulative girlfriend who attempts to seduce Peter once he becomes more popular after humilliating Flash in a basketball match. They were both reduced to brief appearances in the movie.

>In early drafts, Connors' relationship with his estranged ex-wife and son would receive more focus, but all of their scenes were cut to streamline the narrative.

>In early drafts, Uncle Ben would've been killed after chasing after the robber into a dark alley, mistakenly assuming he's Peter, causing the robber to panic and shoot him.

>Early into production, Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios debated the possibility of adding Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but could not reach an agreement. Originally, OsCorp Tower would've been featured in the New York City skyline in THE AVENGERS, but the building couldn't be digitally rendered in time and the idea was scrapped. Had it gone forward, Stark Tower would also be visible in the NYC skyline in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN.

>Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Daniel Radcliffe, Robert Pattinson, Logan Lerman, Anton Yelchin, Alden Ehrenreich, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Zac Efron, Jim Sturgess, Xavier Samuel, Liam Aiken, Drake Bell, Michael Angarano, Dane DeHaan and and Josh Hutcherson, among others, auditioned for the role of Peter before Andrew Garfield was cast.

>Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Mia Wasikowska, Imogen Poots, Teresa Palmer, Brooklyn Decker, Amber Heard, Dianna Agron, Emily Browning, Lily Collins, Emma Roberts, Anna Kendrick, Ophelia Lovibond, Sara Paxton, Georgina Haig, Dominique McElligott, Scout Taylor-Compton auditoned for the role of Gwen before Emma Stone was cast.

>Michael Fassbender was approached to play Connors before Rhys Ifans was cast.

>be me
>be right now
>just got high on weed
>took vicodin
>drinking scotch
>ordered a pizza

Have I made the Amazing Spiderman worth watching yet?

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 (2014)

>Originally, Peter would find out Norman Osborn murdered his parents and engineered his accident to use his blood as a cure in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and Norman would become the Green Goblin, leading to a vicious confrontation in which Gwen dies, in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3. However, Sony changed their plans in order to launch a cinematic universe built around the Sinister Six and condensed the Green Goblin storyline into one movie, replacing Norman with Harry Osborn.

>Robert Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Jeff Pinkner wrote the script based on Vanderbilt's original idea.

>In early drafts, Mary-Jane Watson is present as Peter's neighbor, a skilled mechanic and waitress who lives with her abusive father and greatly admires Spider-Man. She helps Peter fix Aunt May's car, and Peter repays the favor by vising her father as Spider-Man and intimidating him into leaving MJ alone, and they establish a friendship.

>In early drafts, Peter meets J. Jonah Jameson and Robbie Robertson when he visits the Daily Bugle to discuss a staff job, during which he debates with Jameson on the validity of Spider-Man's methods. Spider-Man and Electro later fight throughout the Daily Bugle offices during their first encounter as Jameson decries them both.

>In early drafts, Max Dillon lives with his domineering, invalid mother. Upon returning home after his accident, he finds her celebrating the hush money she received from OsCorp to not report his disappearance, and demands she hugs him, but when she does, he accidentally electrocutes her, which causes him to snap and become Electro.

>In early drafts, Peter gives Harry his blood, which Harry believes can cure his condition, but it instead leaves Harry disfigured and drives him insane. He finds the weapon prototypes that Norman had stored in his secret laboratory and joins forces with Electro, who had escaped from Ravencroft Penitentiary in search of revenge, to destroy Spider-Man and OsCorp.

>Anne Hathaway as Felicia Hardy
That's kind of funny.

You forgot: best movie score of the last five years.

>In early drafts, Aleksei Sytsevich is a brilliant engineer who creates the Rhino himself with Soviet-era weaponry acquired from the black market to enact revenge against Spider-Man.

>In early drafts, Felicia Hardy is an ambitious, manipulative OsCorp executive who develops a relationship with Harry and becomes his accomplice.

>In early drafts, OsCorp is stolen from Harry by Ratha, who is later killed by the Green Goblin. The symbiote created by Peter's father Richard Parker is also in OsCorp's storage. The Special Programs division storing the weapons of the Sinister Six is absent.

>In early drafts, Peter would beat Harry to an inch of his life after Gwen's death, but ultimately choose to spare him.

>In early drafts, it is revealed that Norman's head is preserved in suspended animation following his apparent death while his enforcer Gustav Fiers uses Harry's venom-enhanced DNA to clone a healthy younger body for Norman.

>In early drafts, Richard reveals himself to have survived the plane crash that allegedly killed him and observed Peter from afar to protect him from OsCorp. He comforts Peter after Gwen's death and encourages him to keep fighting as Spider-Man, reminding him that "with great powers come great responsabilities".

>Shailene Woodley was cast as MJ, but all of her scenes were cut, reportedly to streamline the story and focus on Peter and Gwen's relationship.

>Webb wanted J.K. Simmons to return as Jameson, but Sony rejected the idea as they wanted a complete reboot from Raimi's movies. John Slattery and Sam Elliot were approached for the role before the character was cut.

>Damian Lewis was approached to play Electro before Jamie Foxx was cast.

>Alden Ehrenreich, Brady Corbet, Eddie Redmayne, Sam Claflin, Douglas Booth and Boyd Holbrook auditioned for Harry before Dane DeHaan was cast at Garfield's behest. Harry was originally envisioned as a "jock" in contrast to Peter being a geek.

>Joseph Godon-Levitt
>Robert Pattinson
>Zac Efron

>Originally, Peter would find out Norman Osborn murdered his parents and engineered his accident to use his blood as a cure in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and Norman would become the Green Goblin, leading to a vicious confrontation in which Gwen dies, in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3. However, Sony changed their plans in order to launch a cinematic universe built around the Sinister Six and condensed the Green Goblin storyline into one movie, replacing Norman with Harry Osborn.

>In early drafts, Mary-Jane Watson is present as Peter's neighbor, a skilled mechanic and waitress who lives with her abusive father and greatly admires Spider-Man. She helps Peter fix Aunt May's car, and Peter repays the favor by vising her father as Spider-Man and intimidating him into leaving MJ alone, and they establish a friendship.

Damn, that's pretty good. Would have liked to see that.

>Sony's plan was to launch a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe through THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3. Their original scheduled included THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3 in 2016, SINISTER SIX in 2017, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 4 in 2018 and VENOM in 2018.

>THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3 would center on Peter's fight with the Sinister Six assembled by Harry Osborn, while THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 4 would focus on Peter being corrupted by the symbiote and fighting Venom. The idea of reviving Gwen Stacy as Carnage, with Emma Stone back in the role, was heavily debated.

>At one point, a draft of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3 included a prototype "Venom Serum" that allowed Peter to revive the dead. Gwen, Uncle Ben and Captain Stacy would make appearances.

>After Andrew Garfield offended Sony's CEO and the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN franchise was scrapped, SINISTER SIX became a backdoor reboot, featuring an established Spider-Man joining forces with five of his enemies to fight a common enemy. They'd be Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Kraven, Sandman and Scorpina.

>Drew Goddard was set to direct SINISTER SIX and was even discussed a potential director for SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING. Before the project was scrapped, he aggressively pursued Tom Hardy to play Sandman, who'd become skyscrapper-sized and rampage through NYC in the third act. The plot also reportedly involved Spider-Man acquiring the symbiote, which he ultimately ditches because the others think it's "lame", and an island filled with dinosaurs.

>SINISTER SIX, alongside other tentative projects including a reboot adapting "Kraven's Last Hunt", SILVER SABLE, AUNT MAY and SPIDER-MAN VS. THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (a crossover between Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield) were scrapped after the Sony e-mail leaks which led to a compromise with Marvel Studios for Spider-Man to join the MCU.

It'll be enjoyable, but not really worth it if you consider how much more enjoyable almost any other movie would be while doing all those things.

>>After Andrew Garfield offended Sony's CEO and the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN franchise was scrapped, SINISTER SIX became a backdoor reboot, featuring an established Spider-Man joining forces with five of his enemies to fight a common enemy. They'd be Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Kraven, Sandman and Scorpina.
>he aggressively pursued Tom Hardy to play Sandman, who'd become skyscrapper-sized and rampage through NYC in the third act. The plot also reportedly involved Spider-Man acquiring the symbiote, which he ultimately ditches because the others think it's "lame", and an island filled with dinosaurs.
What?

Sony really had no fucking idea what they were doing huh.

>>Hey Amy - just a couple of rando thoughts from 35,000 LAX-JFK: A rising trend we see with Millennials are the really extreme forms of experiential exercise like Tough Mudder (a sort of filthy triathalon), the Color Run and even things like Hot Power Yoga, veganism etc. Millennials will often post “N.B.D.” on their social media after doing it , as in No Big Deal, also known as the “humble brag”.....wondering if Spidey could get into that in some way....he’s super athletic, bendy, strong, intense....and it’s all NBD to him, of course.

>>EDM (electronic dance music) is the defining music for Millennials. Wondering if there’s an EDM angle somewhere with Spidey? His movements are beautiful, would be awesome with a killer DJ behind it

>>Snapchat just launched a “story” functionality, which is sort of “day in the life of me” told in a series of snapchats that expire after 24 hours. It has a very VIP quality about it, since invitation only. Getting invited into Spidey’s Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.

>Watch Amazing Spider-Man 2 after Man of Steel.
>Rejoice at all the scenes where Peter is just going around helping or actually saving civilians.

I mean, that sort of thing should just be expected from a movie about a superhero, but I didn't realize how much I wanted that sort of thing until my expectations had been reduced to rock bottom.

The symbiote part was in one of the e-mails during a brainstorm session between Sony executives.

And these are some of the actors they entertained for the main roles.

>Doctor Octopus.
Sean Penn.
Woody Harrelson.
George Clooney.
Denzel Washington.
Idris Elba.
Bryan Cranston.

>Sandman.
Tom Hardy.
Chris O'Dowd.
Danny McBride.
Jonah Hill.
Michael Peña.
Joel Edgerton.
Jason Clarke.
Sharlto Copley.
Jackie Chan.

>Scorpia.
Emily Blunt.
Rose Byrne.
Ruth Wilson.
Keri Russell.

>Vulture.
Colin Firth.

>Venom.
Channing Tatum..

>>>Snapchat just launched a “story” functionality, which is sort of “day in the life of me” told in a series of snapchats that expire after 24 hours. It has a very VIP quality about it, since invitation only. Getting invited into Spidey’s Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.

They're right about this one. Neat idea.

Spidey helping the bullied kid reassemble his project was so sweet.