Late /truedetectivegeneral/

I'm three years late to the party, but it's fucking kino. I'm only on Episode 6, so please no spoilers, but what'd you guys think?

Season 1 only, by the way

user, people are going to post spoilers

close the thread and finish it

it's amazing

The first half of the series is GOAT.

The second was kinda meh. And fuck Pizza for literally stealing his ending scene from a comic

S1 is great.

People that don't like the ending are fucking fedorah atheists faggot that thought that Rust was cool and don't understand shit to metaphysics. Fuck them. last episode is absolutely amazing.

S2 has good to great moments but is flawed.

you mean stealing everything from ligotti only paraphrasing it like a retard that he is would

S2 has much better atmosphere and overall plot structure. S1 has a good acting duo and cringeworthy bravado exemplified in that OMG TRACKING 15 MINUTE SHOT LOOK AT ME I'M GONNA DIRECT IT NEXT

Why did Rust shoot God?

yea that's fair

He ripped off Ligotti for sure, but I'm mad that he stole from Top 10, which is legit one of my favourite comics.

it was the guy on the lawnmower OP

the guy Rust spoke to very briefly outside the school, remember him? he was the killer all along.

talkin' bout she seen a kang

Is s2 worth it lads

fuck, I knew I shouldn't have come here

Is Tuttle the Yellow King?

Never make a thread about a show you haven't fully watched bro.
Not on Sup Forums.

YELLOW KANG

no, you see the yellow kang at the end

i haven't really spoiled anything, the tuttles are still the real bad guys

>S2 has much better atmosphere and overall plot structure
lmao no it doesn't. the plot was a fucking mess

The Yellow King wasn't any single person. The child abductors/rapists/murderers was actually a tremendously large group of influential people. Large enough that when one piece of evidence could have potentially outed them was stolen from Tuttle's house, they had him, one of the most influential men in the state, killed without hesitation. When they catch up to them at the very end, the group has all but been dismantled and has essentially moved on. They only catch one of the more diseased and sadistic individuals who maintained the property where many of the murders took place.

as much as I love the show, anytime I rewatch it again I can't help but think about how close the plot gets to real life
Imagine all the fucked up shit that's going on right now, maybe even in our neighborhoods
really grinds my gears

>People that don't like the ending are fucking fedorah atheists

Pretty much. Some people like to complain that it tacks on a happy ending to appeal to normies, but that's a retarded complaint because, as Rust himself points out, most of the people truly responsible for the child abductions/murders have yet to be brought to justice.

Atheists tend to be nihilists and pessimists, like Rust. The fedoralords identified so much with Rust that when Rust has his near-death experience and vision of his daughter and has a change of heart and mind, that those viewers felt betrayed. "I've been tricked! Why didn't the show reaffirm my materialist death cult mentality?"

>make a general thread about a show that ended years ago
>ask that the thread only deal with the first season
>only on the 6th episode
>get the ending spoiled because they were too fucking stupid to make this thread

everything about this thread is giving me 2nd hand anger

>Imagine all the fucked up shit that's going on right now, maybe even in our neighborhoods
>really grinds my gears
nu-user, post-2010 am I right?

I thought it was merely OK at best.

People on here -- in the usual Sup Forums imbecilic fashion -- overrated it to Hell and back and overloaded it with MUH LOVECRAFT (which wasn't there).

It had an absolutely-predictable ending that I'm shocked to find no one on here could see coming.

Again: it's an OK show but it's nowhere near as good as people on here wish.

if your art can be "spoiled" it's a soap opera and not art

Not nearly as good as Season 1 but, it's alright better than most garbage on TV nowadays.

>MUH LOVECRAFT

Yeah, it was less Lovecraft and more Ligotti. Ligotti is heavily influenced by Lovecraft, though. But Ligotti goes full-on with the pessimism, nihilism and antinatalism. The cosmic horror is mostly incidental with Ligotti, while it was front-and-center with Lovecraft.

I don't know why some people thought the show was going climax with eldritch abominations coming into our world through a swirling portal in a blackened sky.