C-can we talk about this movie, Sup Forums?

C-can we talk about this movie, Sup Forums?
**and how the ending was a big piece of shit**

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

saw this on the catalog page 10
bumping for sympathy and interest

rorshach was p neet

watchmen is perhaps the greatest superhero film of all time

I liked Roscharch a lot, too. He died because, of course he'd die,. Thing is, the whole "humanizing superheroes" trend made Dr. Manhattan too much of sterile son of a bitch. He coming to terms with Veidt was just plain bullshit.

The final cut version has that kid reading a comic book, that didn't add a lot to the story, was more of a gimmick, if anything.

Unforgettable
That's what you aaaaare
Unforgettable
Though near or far
That why dar-ling
It's in-cre-dible
That someone so unforgettable
Thinks that I am
Unforgettable too

people fear what they don't understand

I think if they had just cast Ozymandius better that alone would bring the film from a 5 to a 7 for me. I hated whenever he was on screen and never believed any of it for a second.

Nice catchphrase.

It's fine.

That's pretty much all I have tyo say, it's fine. It hit all the major points of the comic and aside from changing the squid (which was anachronistic since if you didn't know that Reagan speech made at the time you wouldn't understand the significance), it's probably about as close of an adaptation as you can get.

Yeah he was easily the worst cast of them. He came across as too slimy and obviously evil, in the comic the reason him being behind it was such a twist was because he was such an altruistic, shining greek god of a man. Like Nite Owl said

>He's a pacifist, a vegetarian for god's sake!
>Hitler was a vegetarian.

Yeah, those are the things i couldn't know, since i didn't read the original comics. Shame on me, i guess.

HBO/ Lindeloff is making this into a TV show

In the comic he didn't use Mahatten's power to destroy those cities, the comic went into detail how teleportation was lethal when not coordinated with Jon's advanced godlike powers, and in secret Ozymandais was creating this monster that looked kinda like a giant squid alien. It has massive psychic potential and when teleported, it dies and the psychic backlash kills everyone in NYC.

(cont)

This is something I think the film missed the point of by being bloody to begin with. The comic was almost completely bloodless until this final scene with the devastation of NYC, where there are just bodies everywhere to show how horrible the thing Ozymandias was.

And lastly this page puts something into perspective that the film missed where Ozymandias shows a feeling of triumph at what he's done, because he genuinely believes that this wasn't just a necesary evil, but the right thing to do.

it was fun

The problem with the squid plan is it all falls apart when you go a few years down the line and people realize no aliens are coming.

as someone who read the comic/graphic novel/whatever, the ending was fine. not as good, but it definitely didn't ruin the whole thing for me

>C-can

kill yourself

I didn't like him or Laurie's actress.

Also why was Bubastis in the movie if he was never established prior like he was in the comic?

youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

Laurie isn't that bad.

She's really bad at acting. Matthew Goode is a bad Ozy but he's still a good actor.

A Hack Snyder movie was bad? NO WAY!

HAHAHAHAHAAA

only moment with real emotion

Well it helps that Jack Earl Haley is a really good actor

>that didn't add a lot to the story, was more of a gimmick, if anything.
That's Snyder for you. He doesn't really understands metaphores and symbols. He just transplants them from other medium, hoping they'll hold the same weight as in the original work. Of course they don't, because cinema language, while related, is not the same as comic book or painting language, therefore the attempts at symbolism come out awkward and totally miss the mark.

The whole point of the comic is that it's supposed to be a metaphor for what's going on in Ozymandias's head as he comes to terms with what he's about to do and how it will destroy his humanity, but it doesn't work in film.

No shit. I wonder why nobody in the comic told Ozymandias his plan wouldn't work out at the end, and everything would go back to what it was. What a retard that Alan Moore is!

Like I said in , it's all based on a speech Reagan gave as president where he basically said that if aliens attacked, the US and Soviets would put aside their differences to save humanity.

Thanks for explaining, user.
How was teleportation lethal tho?

You try moving someone's entire atomic structure through space-time without the process killing them. You'd need to be a god to do it, and even Jon makes people throw up afterwards.

In the movie, Silk Spectre's mother says something along the line of "how come you're not used to the telportation yet?"
I didn't thought it was harmful in any way.

Because in the movie it seems to be fairly safe.

excuse for CGI

Yeah.

Also, how come the movie wasn't rated for adults, displaying Manhattan's dick and showing Spectre riding Daniel.

Yeah but in the comic there was a reason, to show that genetic research was so far, which hinted a the squid's creation

ITT: Marvel fans pretending they didn't like this movie

>muh squid
>muh alan moore

I did like it, but the movie has some real problems.

It's also a major trope since anything involving aliens and a better ending in general. If Doctor Manhattan wanted to destroy all humans he would have just done it easily, and there's no conceivable way of stopping him. Makes no sense.

>ITT: DC fans making excuses for bullshit in their movies.

You're an embarrassment to all DC fans, and this is coming from a DC fan who actually likes the Watchmen movie.

Yeah I basically say what Spoony said when the movie came out. We could in theory beat an alien invasion, but I really don't see us beating Jon.

underrated

giv silk spectre gf