Dont worry Batman...

Dont worry Batman, Ill just use my telepathic powers to AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manhunter we have no time for your foolishness. I shall simply use my own telepathic powers to AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

>Wonder Woman, you should help him?
>Wait, I want to see where this goes.

They took down J'onn and the professor! And they're gearing up for another attack! It's okay, my force field will-- I-I don't know how much longer I can-- AAARRRRGGHHPHHHH!!

Stand back you know not the EVILS you face, I will contain it! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRGHGHGH!

"WAIT HAWK GIRL IT'S A TRAP"

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHHHH

Write me a good competent telepath without making him or her a Deus ex machina. Bet none of you troglodytes can do it.

Don't worry everyone! I'll throw a batarang while doing a flip.

There, I did it.

Easy. Mind reading without mind control. He can read surface thoughts in battle to gain basically a precog advantage. He can also read dealer thoughts and gour dedicated thought with more concentration and time but would need someone else to protect him if he tried this in battle.

How did you know that was gonna work?

No worry citizens i will... HELP!

How do I know you arnt lying?

Telepath who is also mentally retarded and a vegetable so he cannot communicate with others.
There, fixed and progressive.

Hey guys what's going on in th-nnnnrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaagh I'M GOING NUCLEAR

I am... OH GOD THE POLUTION! NO ONE TOLD ME THAT WAS GOING TO HAVE POLUTION

Already done.

>don't worry guys I can finally go out, MUH CARDBOARD WORLD AN SHIET
>AAARGHGHGHGH

So does that mean I'm safe now?

Is somebody hacking my Gibson?

FREAKAZOID!

Want to get some ice cream?

Wasn't that exactly the end of NYX? And yet the retarded kid was indeed a huge deus ex machina?

Okay

What?

Boom

Something bad happens in the city, Mike calls Freakazoid, but asks if he wants to go eat something instead of talking about the emergency

BECAUSE IM BATMAAAN~!

This SCP right here

>SCP-1470
RIP, you glorious Aussie bastard.

here

Don't worry everyone! I'll just put the whole world in a bottle.

There, I did it.

>Why do you always do that?
Do what?
>You know what I mean. And don't say 'It's because I'm Batman.'
It's just.....sort of, become my catchphrase
>Really? That's the best one you could come up with?
Oh yeah? Well what's yours Mr. Mourn-for-them?
>That's easy. Truth, Justice and the American way.
That's lame.
>It's better than 'Because I'm Batman.'
Oh yeah? Then what would you use?
>Easy. *cough* 'I am vengeance. I am the night. I am Batman!'
.............................I hate you some days

Double boom

Can hear the surface thoughts of those that intentionally broadcast them to him/her, and broadcast his/her own thought to anyone within a given range. Effectively just the team communications person, allowing everyone to communicate silently over a large area.

could you link me that video?
i saw it ages ago and cant find it any more

HISHE

thanks

Mind reading but no mindraping

Judge Anderson

street level characters are the worst because they drag all the action down to their level

I see you back there, Nigger.

Lick the chicken grease off your fingers and
say your prayers.

Every, damn, Xmen movie.
"How should we write Charles out of this conflict?"

NnaaaaAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH

PROFESSOR I CAN'T CONTROL-AAAHHHHHHRRRRRRGGGGGGGG

AARRGHHH WHADIH YAHSAAIIIII

MMMAARRTHHHHHAAAA

>Vwum Vwum Vwum

EVERYONE CHILL THE FUCK OUT

Why did I think Ed Asner was dead?

I'm glad he's not.

That's because telepathy is stupid and should stop showing up in fiction.

hell be fine

That's enough. It's time to end this once and for all.

AHHHHHGGHAAHH!

Bbllkaarrthhhhhh

THE VENGEANCE WON'T LET ME

We'll done everyone

no, not like this!

could you people just keep it quiet???

>What's he thinking?
>I don't know.
>You can't read his mind?!
>I can read his mind, but he's thinking in Japanese.

Well, it makes sense.

That was a well written part for both Noah and Matt. Shows the extent of Noah's training and doesn't make Matt overpowered.

Sookie Stackhouse

That why I loved how McDuffie had them split into teams based on competenxy, skillset ,genre and chatacter.

No more seven dudes fighting over screentime and relevence for 44 minutes and one bad guy

Dude, you got the lasso of truth RIGHT THERE

Don't worry professor, I got this...

"His mind.. It's full... of... Rape! AAAARGH!

>SCP-1470
Nothing personnal, kiddos

So are we going to actually discuss telepathy or is this just yet another round of insipid memeshit?

loved that scene

The latter

Don't worry professor I shall make a snow storm

I did it.

Telepathy covers a large range of powers. Mind-control, telepathic link, empathy, emotion manipulation, mind control, body surfing. You can easily put limits on all of them.
For example, Coe Geass:
- a guy with the power to make a person follow his orders. However, he needs to look them in the eye while giving it and he gets only one order per person.
- a guy who can read minds but has no control on it and it drives him crazy.
- a guy who can erase your memories, if you look you in the eye directly.

Or in JoJo, second D'Arby - wth power to read people's soul and find their secrets... but only for yes/no questions.

Season 1 a GOAT.

Phhht, you? You don't look like you could break open a fortune cookie. Obviously it was every one else that weakened it before you came in for the cheap take down.
Get out of here you cheat!

>Don't worry, bubs! I have a healing factor and years of combat experience so I'll charge in first and--GRAARGH!

>Or in JoJo, second D'Arby - wth power to read people's soul and find their secrets... but only for yes/no questions.

"Are you gonna do the Ora ora thing?"
"Yes yes yes, oh my god!"

>I'm faster than the speed of sound, so I'll just dodge these WOOOOOAH!!

>Don't worry guys, I can use magic to OH NO I'VE ALREADY CAST THAT SPELL AAAAAH!

Loved this character and how his power set was handled.

this thread made my day

Psychic powers are stupid and I wish they'd stop showing up in science fiction.

More... I need more- AUUARRGHHAA

HOWEVER

Fuck,that was a good one.

Pretty much what they did with Hitman. They just gave him mind reading and x-ray vision, but after realizing it was too much for a character in his setting, they "injured" him and made it so his mind reading gave him horrible migraines.

You guys always think of telepathic powers and superpowers in general in such mechanistic terms, like we're talking about skills and stats in video games that they just select with a button. Telepathy is based in empathy and intuition, you can't be a telepath and just be an irreverent person detached from the emotional energies of the people around you. You will be effected by the emotions of the person you're making contact with, and you will struggle to control your own mental focus

Throws a smoke pellet down in a crowded elevator
YES HELLO! IT IS I!, THE AMAZING 60%, THE MAN WHO CAN READ YOUR MIND WITH 60% ACCURACY!
LET ME USE MY AWESOME POWERS OF MY 60% ACTIVATED BRAIN TO READ YOUR THOUGHTS.
YOU THERE, WOMAN, YOU ARE THINKING THAT "YOU REALLY WANT TO GO GET A HAM SANDWICH."
"Actually, it was I need to get ham and bread at the store."
"SEE? 60% OF THE WAY THERE! BOW IN AWE!"
[half assed applause]

Kelly from Misfits.
>Can read people's minds
>but can't do it on command
>and only works if that person is thinking something about her

yep

Emma Frost, some of the time. No TK, has to work for serious mind control, and diamond form locks her out of telepathy if she needs to not be knocked out.

CHARLES NOOOOO

Yeah. Plus she's powerful enough that we can have all those fun "I can make you sexually attracted to the works of P.G. Wood house" scenes

Why the fuck is erryone screamin' an' where the hell is Bueno Excellente?