What went RIGHT?

What went RIGHT?

I thought that scene where Magneto was at Auschwitz was pretty well edited, specifically the part right before the kid/adult scream.

It was really a great scene. I wish the mall scenes weren't cut

Wolverine

Nothing.

Psylocke is fucking hot.
All i have to say.

Quicksilver n-no homo

Me too, I think both this and Days of Future Past could have done more mutant teens doing stuff.

I actually ended up liking this movie over Avengers, even though both are hampered by being loose plot points strung together by a blockbuster formula. In Apocalypse's case though, although the film arguably lacked firm connective tissue between its different set pieces, those pieces in and out of themselves were really solid.

>Weapon X scene was so much fanservice, but goddamn if that didn't get me

That and Oscar Isaac's "No more weapons" speech was pretty much the only time Apocalypse felt like a AAA threat. No Ronald Reagan reaction though was slightly disappointing.

>post-op Olivia Munn
>hot
kys

>their most powerful villain
>kill him in one movie with no special treatment with Phoenix powers p2w DLC powers
The entire movie feels like nobody wanted to make it.

>could have done more mutant teens doing stuff.
There are a lot of adverts in that style. I hope that they learn something from this.

I mean, fox made a lot of ads having Teen X-Men living in mansion

I was so disappointed. I've jerked it to Psylocke so many times and the first live-action rendition of the classic costume is played by Munn.

Psylocke

Why does that girl on the left look like Sansa Stark?

Stop asking questions you already know the answers to.

It is, fellow user.

rain drops keep falling on my head...

It embraced the overdramtic bombastic shlockiness of the 80s and championed the cause of stupid fun.
We need more like this.

Jubilee looked cute
Only that really

The Auschwitz scene. Taking the "those who forget history are doomed to repeat it" and turning it into Magneto's Jewish power fantasy was some genuinely good X-Men writing, using historical context and iconography and escalating it to comic-book level soap opera.

Apocalypse in general. it was nice to have a villain so simple and direct in a comic-cook movie again, and Isaac managed to deliver a pretty entertaining performance under 30 pounds of latex and makeup. It was some good ham.

Pretty much the entire kid group. Sheridan had the swagger for Cyke, Sansa did a good enough job on a performance level that I was able to ignore her downright atrocious American accent, nuNightcrawler was fun, etc. I didn't even mind Olivia Munn and her 3 lines of dialogue.

The Phoenix scene. The flaming bird looked fucking awesome.

The entire Apoc mind-control sequence set to Beethoven. Great way to show just how terrifyingly OP your antagonist is.

I liked most of the movie, honestly.

>You will never get to dick his boipussy
>He will never vibrate in sync with your orgasm to milk you for all your worth
>He will never vibrate his dick inside of your boipussy
Why even live?

Although there were many set pieces it didn't feel like we had to set through them to see action like CW did.

It had an O5-X-Men vibe to it.

Great casting.

Lots of COMICS fan service.

Oscar Isaac was a good Apocalypse. Though I wish they hadn't killed him.

Amazing, memorable pieces. Given the fact that we had so many characters it was a hard thing to pull off.

That last "You are X-Men" scene made my dick diamonds.

I enjoyed this movie a lot more than other stuff we got in the last 3 years.

"Too bad" it wasn't some generic Marvel flick.

You can fire your arrows from the tower of babel

I sense some slight butthurt in this thread.

They definitely succeeded in getting people to want more Storm, Cyke, Jean and Kurt

Especially when Jlaw and Fassbender are front and center again

The way Bryan Singer uses his couch was once again inspiring.

Cheese and Campy done right.

Apocalypse being a threat and losing to Phoenix instead of some random shitters.

Is this opposite day or are there people that actually think this movie was good?

I enjoyed many of the characters like Nightcrawler and Quicksilver. Only real complaint would be how much Singer pushes mystique as a big hero when she's completely corny and unlikable, and also the sort of half ass feel good ending.

>only the strong will survive
Well thank God. Because this movie was WEAK!

Cyclops.

>only the strong will survive
Even the movie's tagline is weak, generic and uninspired.

The Quicksilver scene was absolutely amazing, great choice of music too.

Also Apocolypse felt like a legitimate problem at the end. Everyone was fighting him at the same time, even Picard was fighting him psychically. But the guy was only being slowed down. He was unstoppable until Phoenix but until then it genuinely felt like the heroes could lose.

And honestly, it was nice to have a battle without the "human element". Everyone in that end fight had some kind of super power.

Nothing, everything about it was mediocre.
Don't know if DOFP was luck, or if Apocalypse was just what they can do on average.

Nothing. It was a snoozefeast.

Genuinely this tbqh

it has its moments nobody denies that, people mostly think it was mediocre

It's a clear letdown from previous X-men movies tho

>Great casting.
This movie is one of the biggest miscasts in the history of capeshit, Sansa, specially, since she's a fucking awful actress and that scene of Phoenix force was a fucking embarassment.

>That last "You are X-Men" scene made my dick diamonds.
Yes, that's the ending of every X-Men movie, it all ends with
>HAHA, THE NEXT MOVIE IS GOING TO BE ''THE'' X-MEN MOVIE
and then we get what we get.

This, along with TASM2, is one of those movies that you feel it was made purely to make money and that no one wanted to make it, so i'm glad it's such a massive underperformer.

>it was made purely to make money

Felt uninspired, everything felt flat, Apocalypse is basically Fox's Thanos and he was completely wasted, added nothing to DOFP, and it's just a movie nobody asked for.
Hell, Magneto kills millions of people and nobody gives a fuck, he just goes on his merry way and it's all smiles because he rebuilt the mansion.
Not to mention JLaw Mystique jerk off being at an historical high with her being mutant Jesus and not even being in blue skin most of the movie.

DOFP was a great movie, a great ending to the franchise, and it would have ended this universe in a high note, but they completely squandered that now.
What's worst is that they are just going to keep going with the focus on Xavier, Magneto and Mystique.

>Apocalypse is basically Fox's Thanos

did they stated that?

It's the X-Men's biggest villain.
This should have been something big, but it was just another X-Men movie.

I've noticed that out of the cast from this era, McAvoy seems to be the only one still trying. Even Fassbender's started to phone it in.

>EXCEPT for the blue make up. Apocalypse's design was badass, I loved the Stargate-ish engravings and details all over it.
>Storm's casting was great.
>Storm's horseman outfit was great.
>Munn's horseman outfit was great.
>Fassbender inevitably was superb.

Yeah, Lawrence knows her name is enough to be there, Fassbender's ''NOOOOO'' scene was silly, and Quicksilver is nice, but let's be honest, people don't like him because of the actor, any actor can be sarcastic and make those slow-mo scenes.

>Not to mention JLaw Mystique jerk off being at an historical high with her being mutant Jesus and not even being in blue skin most of the movie.
They pretty much turned her into Katniss. I didn't expect them to get that lazy with Jennifer Lawrence.

>Quicksilver is nice, but let's be honest, people don't like him because of the actor, any actor can be sarcastic and make those slow-mo scenes.
Yeah the guy is basically just walking comic relief. They tried giving him more depth this time but it doesn't really work because he's still some guy that just shows up for a flashy scene and then contributes nothing else to the story. The fact that he hesitated to tell Magneto their connection did give him a little bit more meat as a character (though not much), but it does nothing for the story.

Now we're not going to get a chance to see him actually develop because whatever development he would've had is going to be glossed over as we get yet another ten year timeskip.

The timeskips are really holding this era back. Not only do they rob the audience of seeing the characters develop, they're also starting to make the casting look weird. Look at Alex for example, he's old enough to be Scott's dad and his actor is like 6 years older than Scott's. Alex is supposed to be like 40 but he still looks like he's 22.

It's even weirder that Charles remarks that Moira doesn't look much older when a significant portion of the cast hasn't aged at all.

Dont you have BVS threads to spam Sup Forums?
>mentioning Marvel/Civil War in a Apoc thread
Out.

This one did a better job of balancing its cast than the last few movies. Moira was kind of pointless, though, and there was no reason for the Stryker/Weapon X detour.

>there was no reason for the Stryker/Weapon X detour.
They needed a plane! And also, flight suits that were already coincidentally fitted to their sizes!

I mean, the only reason they needed a plan at all was because the script had it blow up as en excuse to blow up the mansion, I guess there was nothing else that could've exploded with that much force?

It's cool though, Magneto and Jean were able to rebuild it with exact precision. It's a good thing both of them had memorized the floor plans to the mansion with exact detail!

AUTISM?

>defending hilariously bad plot contrivances

>pc poster

pretty much everything until after the Quicksilver scene
I liked Magneto's family scene's and the disarming the world scene a lot
the climax was pretty disappointing. For a guy that can level cities and launch every nuke on earth he went out like a bitch

I'm going to agree with that: the transition from the destruction of the mansion to Weapon X was pretty poor and only existed to foreshadow a future government/mutant showdown. It wasn't a bad idea, however, that if a mutant effectively disarmed the entire world's nuclear stockpile that somebody would come to check up on the mansion.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy that moment, because the Weapon X fanservice was god-tier, but between Channing Tatum's oddly flat Striker and the detraction from the main plot, it felt like an over-long detour.

Also they left Jubilee behind, and I kind of thought she should have been in the movie over Psylocke (who killed Caliban!).

The end credits

Oh haha I get it. Because that signifies that the movie is over. Haha. You're saying that the movie was below your expectations and you only wanted it to end. Haha ha

It was not directed by Brett Ratner.
FUCK YOU BRETT RATNER, I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR X-MEN THE LAST STAND HOW SHITTY THE MOVIE IS!!!

No, it was properly formatted and their were only just a few minor spelling errors, and they used a slow enough speed that you're able to read everything as its lifting upwards.

If they made a better movie it would have made more money.

I meant, doesn't every non-independent movie's purpose make money?

The whole opening sequence in Egypt was really cool and I was really digging that tunnel of history after he got buried.

Nightcrawler was really cool.

Wolverine scene was pretty awesome

Quicksilver's scene, despite being blatant pandering after people responded well to DoFP, was a lot of fun to watch.

I loved the way Angel's natural wings looked and moved. It was a severe disappointment that I knew they were going to scrap them for those metal ones. If they were going to give him a wing upgrade I wish they had at least kept an organic look with metal material rather than just looking straight robotic.

Oscar Isaac worked really well with what he had. The way he delivered his lines was particularly great. Unfortunately he never really got to do much cool stuff. It felt similar to MCU Ultron in the sense that we know how dangerous he should be, but he doesn't do a whole lot to actually FEEL threatening.

>It's cool though, Magneto and Jean were able to rebuild it with exact precision. It's a good thing both of them had memorized the floor plans to the mansion with exact detail!
This legitimately bothered me. Like I know they can move things around, but does either of them know the first thing about architecture? I feel like the mansion is just gonna collapse in a year.

>was really cool
>was pretty awesome

Why did we let Redditors in here.

There's not much more for me to say about those beyond "Oh hey, that was cool."

But hey, sorry for using words. I forgot that people like you are looking for any excuse to sperg about reddit.

Almost everything but the plot. Apocalypse got his horsemen, fight scene, end. It tried to up the stakes but by the end, it felt like nothing changed.

The notion they have ways to check up on psychics is really interesting, one of the most interesting points of the movie.... but it's such a side trek we don't get more of it. I feel like this movie needed to be 2 movies, they crammed way way too much in. Thing is Stryker as a villain again is just... X2 again, so... I mean it would have been 2 rehashes so.. idk

get on top of your shit fox.

>Thing is Stryker as a villain again is just... X2 again,
Ever since Singer came back, they've been making a lot of callbacks to X2 because they know it's the most popular one. That's also why they keep using the main theme from X2 even though it's not that good.

That scene was pretty good, but having Psylocke in her bikini at Auschwitz was way out of place. Give her a trench-coat, at least.

Movie was pre-op I think

"Always the same, and now all this. No more stones. No more spears. No more slings. No more swords. No more weapons! No more systems! No more superpowers. . . . You can fire your arrows from the Tower of Babel, but you can never strike God!"

I don't know why, but hammy as he was, I absolutely enjoyed Apoc in this movie.

why does Sup Forums have such a bad taste in movies?
apocalypse is the worst superhero movie i've ever seen.

>apocalypse is the worst superhero movie i've ever seen.
Newfag? Because it's clear that you haven't seen much if you really think this.

Apocalypse should be hammy, he comes from a time before much of the pretense and complications in speechthat have developed over the centuries. Someone speaking openly, without layered meaning and connotation seems hammy now.

The whole nuclear arsenal scene was awesome.

I honestly liked the movie a lot more than I thought I would. I went in expecting absolute shit, and walked out pleasantly surprised. Not on DOFP's level, but still worth the time and money.

And, really, I rather liked the Shadow King elements Apocalypse had. It was kind of like they took the general menace of both villains and amalgamated them into a "mostly Apocalypse" that conveyed through film effectively. I'm just hoping they do Sinister justice when he's up in whichever upcoming movie they stick him in.

Daredevil, X3, Elektra, F4 (new one and old 2), Hulk, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man 2, ASM2, that's just Marvel ones.
There are a dozen others worse at least.

you have no idea how history works

Man I'm just shit posting in a hotel, idgaf