Parks and Rec good kino?

Can someone tell me if this show is worth watching? I need something cheer me up and make me laugh. I'm a huge Office and It's Always Sunny fan, will Parks and Rec make me laugh like that?

On a side note I was watching The Walking Dead and watched the episode where that bitch gave birth and died in child birth and her kid shot her. I'm done watching the show after that. I'm not trying to sound like a major pussy but my wife and I just had a kid a few months ago and that shit hit home. It's weird how I can see all kinds of shit on Sup Forums and Sup Forums but that stupid episode bothered me. Can anyone relate?

self bump

good show, but it gets better in season 2 when mark leaves and is replaced by ben and rob lowe.

episode one can be skipped since some characters like ron completely changed afterwards.

Like wise when rob Lowe leaves is when the writers just write shit

You should kill your kid so it doesn't have to be raised by you. Just smother it with a blanket and people will assume it's SIDS

In the beginning its an obvious office clone. It quickly becomes a great look at why politicians are horrible and how our representative government is such a pile of shit. Her town may be full of morons and greedy businesses, but you don't get to bitch about being recalled when you consistently ignore what the voters want in favor of what you want.

Its not bad. I liked it.

OP here, yea that's my point what you just said and the other crazy things people say don't really bother but that whole scene from the walking dead made me feel like a woman. I don't get it?

It's just a lesser The Office with annoying characters.

Thanks for bening honest. What show would you recommend?

it's a bootleg version of the office with a female michael scott

I'm not trying to upset you. Consider my advice and kill your child.

but I kind of understand why that scene would upset you if you cared about the characters. corl having to shoot his mother is pretty heartbreaking. if you kill your kid you can be guaranteed he will be spared the pain of killing his own mother

30 Rock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Office >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Parks and Rec >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Community

Right lol. I kinda found her character to be annoying? But my kid I really love him hes the bomb and hes breatfeed (no pics sorry) so I couldn't imagine his mom dieing and me having to take care of him without a mom it'd be crazy. Do you have any kids?

Which went more disastrously, Sup Forums? Parks and Rec's first year or Parks and Rec's last year?

You'll probably like P&R. First season sucks but don't let that dissuade you, it picks up and stays there for quite a while. Last few seasons aren't as strong but still better than S1 imo.

I used to have a few kids

I enjoyed P & R despite the fact that it was frequently a tumblr tier lefty show.

It doesn't really work well as a mockumentary, outside of le goofy reaction faces. The characters are caricatures, and not particularly realistic:
>Leslie Knope: The perfect, bubbly, hard-worker that loves her job with a deep passion. Leslie is always in the right, and her opposition consists of incompetent idiots and/or corrupt politicians. Even when Leslie is in the wrong, her friends will tell her and she'll realize she needs to fix herself by the end of the episode
>Anne Perkins: Doesn't say or do anything interesting. She is only there to be pretty and be Leslie's friend. She also has a running theme of being in unstable relationships.
>Tom Haverford: Womanizer that's in love with get-rich-quick schemes, he also says really goofy things
>Ron Swanson: Uber libertarian man that loves breakfast food, and being a manly man. His politics are wrong (since they're the polar opposite of Leslie's), but he's well intentioned. He also says wise things for Leslie from time to time
>Rob Lowe's character (forgot his name): always upbeat and loves fitness. Nothing of value.
>Ben Wyatt: uptight, nerdy guy that only becomes self aware of it after he says something stupid. Is in love with Leslie and Calzones, and never shuts the fuck up about it.
>Andy Dwyer: Goofy idiot with a heart of gold
>April Ludgate: anti-social girl that hates people, but loves goofy people apparently
>Jerry: Fat old guy who is really nice, but everyone randomly starts to hate him for no apparent reason because they need a running joke
>Donna: Fat, sassy black girl that doesn't have any personality the first season
If you can get past the goofiness it's pretty funny, but The Office is a lot better.

Right. I'm happy for you

I feel like the Office is one of the best shows until Michael left. It's always sunny made me laugh harder than the office. I might give it a try but I havnt tried 30 rock either

It's always sunny also has unrealistic, goofy characters, but it worked a lot better than Parks and Rec imo. It's Always Sunny didn't have to rely on cheap reaction faces and cutaway interviews for jokes, and I like that.

If I need a good show that will make me laugh. I would watch south park that show will make me shit myself I'm looking for one I can watch with my wife where she won't walk out of the room (she would never watch south park)

you do realize that's the point of the show right?
rob wanted to make the anti-sitcom about ridiculously horrible people who do horrible things

people will assume it's SUDS

I know, I was saying the way they went about it worked well though, in contrast to Parks and Rec.

This is actually a good ranking.

I'm at season 4, starting to get annoyed with it.

s2 of Parks and Rec to the 2nd to last season of parks and rec was good.

i love how ron back fired on what they intended the character to be(libertarian macho asshole), and he ended up being the most loved character on the show. too bad nick offermann is a huge cuck IRL unlike ron.