Reminder that it's been 7 years since Pixar made a good film

Reminder that it's been 7 years since Pixar made a good film

But it has only been one year.

Up was average at best

Above average.

Nah.

Yeah it was objectively mediocre 2bh

I thought Finding Dory was good...

Up had a strong start and great potential, but one the real plot got rolling I just lost most of my interest.

I havent watched anything post Cars 2 besides from MU, but this is the correct order

GOD TIER
Ratatouille, Wall E, Monsters Inc

High Tier
Nemo, Incredibles, Cars (Fuck you, I liked it), Toy Story 2,

Middle Tier
Up (Only the opening scene holds up) Cars 2, Toy Story 3, Toy Story 1 ( 3 and 2 were better)

Low Tier
A Bugs life, MU

No its not you dense fuck.

God Tier:
Toy Story 1-3, Wall E,

High Tier: Monster's Inc, The Incredibles, Memo, Ratatouille, Up

Middle Tier: A bugs life, Brave, White Men Can't Jump, MU, Finding Dory, Cars

Shit tier: Everything else

About right, but I'd knock brave down a notch

Why are people bullying Finding Dory? It was very good

I genuinely can't remember a thing about Up besides the first 15 minutes. It had one of the worst villains in Pixar history and was all around forgettable.

It was certainly Up there.

I haven't seen it in years and I remember the main concept of the plot
>wife dies
>man fills house with balloons
>goes on trip to South America
But all the details, like you said, the villain? I don't even remember there being a villain

It's an okay movie, story wise, certainly better than The Good Dinosaur. The animation is beautiful though, best looking Pixar movie to date, so it at least has that going for it.

The old guy in the airship, who wanted the bird.

>people who praise Up and Inside Out but hate on Monsters University

MU was worse than Cars.
It was the one thing the other Pixar movies aren't: completely predictable.
Sure, Cars is Doc Hollywood and everybody knows THAT. But it's still a story that's developing with characters that have fresh interactions in a (very stupid) world.

MU was a shitty prequel that revealed nothing interesting about the previous movie's protagonists, all while copying every single predictable trope from the college movie/show barrel.

Also AHHHH! MONSTERS! called, they want their Scare School setting back.

>shitting on one of the best animated movies of the decade.

Filithy pleb. It might be predictable but it's pretty Damn good.

It's shit.

Anyway, inside out was a masterpiece so OP can suck a wad of fat, cumming cocks.

>God Tier:
>Toy Story 1-3,
Never understood all the praise for Toy Story. I've only seen the first one and I was a kid at the time. It was enjoyable but I didn't exit the theater thinking I'd just seen something great.

Sure, the 3d was new but new doesn't mean better. The plot was nothing special except funny. The animation was well done but artistically, like most 3d movies even nowadays, it wasn't pretty.

>Reminder that it's been about 2 weeks since Pixar made a good film
ftfy

Up was the second weakest Pixar film at that point.

It was meh. Trying too hard to be emotional and the fat kid was annoying plus...talking dogs? really?

No one is praising Inside Out, sept for this faggot Everyone on co generally had the common sense to see a bad movie through feels bait.

The character development was some of the best in the cartoon movie genre. try watching one again when you have the time, as an adult I still like the movie.

Its the interaction between the characters that make or break a movie.

>No one is praising Inside Out

Inside Out is up there with Wall-E and Brave in terms of great Pixar films.

Brave is shit, I don't get where there's a portion of Sup Forumsntrarians praising it, I found it incredibly boring and none if the characters were likable or particularly memorable. Not even baiting, I seriously don't get what's meant to be good about it.

I thought Brave was good up until the mama bear part

Which is most of the film?

>people not liking the good dinosaur

seriously, it's a damn good story, and it has breathtaking visuals and animation

why do people brush that movie off?

Maybe if it came out 25 years ago it would be good but we've seen to many stories similar to it so that's why we think the story was shit.

Official Pixar Power Ranking

>God tier
Wall-E
UP
Toy Story
the incredibles

>Great Tier
Finding Nemo
Toy Story2, 3
Monster Inc.
The Good Dinosaur

>Good Tier
Rattitoulle
Cars
Monsters University
Inside Out

>okay tier
Bugs Life

>Bad Tier
Brave

>Dreamworks Tier
Cars 2

what stories are similar?
besides The land before time.

Honestly?
I don't really know anything about it, feels like it had almost no marketing here. Didn't even know it released.

What's it about?

Oh wow what a good list... wait where did you just put Good Dinosaur?

I've not seen TGD and I'd move Cars down a tier, but otherwise I agree.

>TS 1 and 3 in god tier
>Incredibles not in god tier
>Finding Dory not in High tier
>A bug's life, Brave in anything but shit tier
No, you're list is crap.

>White Men Can't Jump

Wut

since dinosaurs didn't die, dinosaurs are the dominant species. It doesn't do like a "Dinosaur society" thing. it feels more like an Agriculture Western/hunter gatherer setting.

The MC of the movie pretty much lives on an agricultural corn farm that his family maintains. The MC is also a bit of a coward.

the entire movie is about him not being a coward anymore.

still waiting to tell me why TGD is not a great movie

Ice Age, The Lion King, 101 Dalmations, The Jungle Book, Dinosaur maybe... I don't know. I can't name that many right now but there are many movies with the same setting or about a child getting lost and trying to find their way back home. I don't even watch roadtrip movies but for some reason TGD's story was really bland to me and I felt like I've seen it before. I was annoyed because I thought they were going to do something new with humans living with dinosaurs since they kept saying "What if the asteroid didn't wipe out the dinosaurs?". Pixar should've went with that route but instead we got humans behaving like dogs.

I already said why.

>101 dalmations
>The Jungle Book

not even close

also you're judging a movie for the standards that aren't in the movie. It's like judging Monsters Inc, and saying that the story was bland because its not being a movie about monster Society Politics. Any movie is bland if you compare it to other movies, what matters is the actual content in the movie.

How is it not? Both of them have children running off having an adventure while trying to get home or get back to their family and on top of that the animals talk. They were bad examples but Ice Age and Dinosaur are closely similar. That's exactly why people think it's bland, because we've seen it too many times. That's why I said it would've been better if it came out in a different time.

Honestly, it was pretty good up until the little boy, and the talking dog showed up.

>GOD tier
The Incredibles, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc
>High Tier
Ratatouille, Toy Story, Wall-E, Inside Out
>Middle Tier
Toy Story 3, Monsters University, Finding Nemo, Up, Cars
>Shit tier
A Bugs Life, Brave, Cars 2
>Movies I haven't seen tier
Finding Dory, The Good Dinosaur

>Dreamworks Tier

What does that even mean? They have done everything from shit to excellent.

Up had astrong beginning that spiralled into a mess as the movie went on

Shouldve been a pre-main feature short

Excellent until they land in South America. Didn't care for the villain and seriously, fuck the dogs. They just aren't funny.

Up would've been better if it had a white kid instead of a chubby chink

Inside Out was better.

Reminded that Shrek and Shrek 2 are better than any pixar movie ever made

This. People only think it's great because of the first 10 minutes. The rest of the movie is pretty meh.

But the majority are shit, worse than what Pixar have ever done.

>Ratatouille
>high tier
>not GOD TIER
My friend, you have made a mistake.