LISTEN UP INCREASINGLY NERVOUS MEN

Expert on persuasion techniques here. Donald Trump is a genius. Listen up.

>The door-in-the-face (DITF) technique is a compliance method commonly studied in social psychology. The persuader attempts to convince the respondent to comply by making a large request that the respondent will most likely turn down, much like a metaphorical slamming of a door in the persuader's face. The respondent is then more likely to agree to a second, more reasonable request, compared to the same reasonable request made in isolation.

DITF is a technique well known to Donald Trump. It is a technique that he has utilized not only throughout his life but more notably throughout this campaign. For example, Trump's original "ban on all Muslims entering the United States" has now been replaced with a ban on "citizens from countries that have been compromised by terrorism." Such a proposal, despite being functionally similar to the original, has received widespread support from the public due to not only how it was rephrased, but more importantly by the fact that it was offered as a moderate, more palatable policy in comparison to a more extreme option. This is the essence of DITF, and we are witnessing Donald perform this on the nation once again.

Donald Trump knows that a general election pivot is necessary. He knows that continuing the strategy he used during the primaries will result in a loss of historic proportions. So why has he not yet performed this "pivot"? Why is he still making inflammatory comments that he knows the media, which is overwhelmingly stacked against him, will exploit?

(1/?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kcuQI0V_g-Y
youtu.be/KZHphdcMnew
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y
wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/4077
youtube.com/watch?v=SqFdndNRzx4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hurry the fuck up user. or just post the link

Bumping for interest

Neat

REEEE WHO MAKES A POST LIKE THIS THEN JUST LEAVES THE THREAD

KEK VULT

Please continue.

(3/?)I'm a giant faggot. Go Hillary! #ImWithHer

Because he also recognizes another fact -- appearing "presidential" is the only thing that his campaign is missing, and due to his life of straight shooting, no bullshit, offensive manner of speaking, appearing presidential is not something he's very good at . Further compounding this problem is that even if Trump were to act as presidential as he possibly could, he would still appear unsophisticated and amateurish compared to Hillary Clinton, who has spent her entire adult life learning and practicing what to say and how to say it in order to give an appearance of intelligence, competence, and reliability. Even though the majority of Americans know Hillary is a liar, and they know her policies have been failures, right now they prefer her simply because she looks and acts the part. That's how powerful the art of persuasion is. Human rationality can be completely bypassed through certain manners of behavior and speaking styles and Clinton, as well as politicians throughout history, have exploited this well.

So Trump has a conundrum. He knows his policies are popular. He knows Americans want drastic change. He knows they desperately want to choose someone other than Hillary Clinton. But he also knows he'll never be able to deliver his message as well as Clinton can deliver hers.

(2/?)

we're all with her now wink wink ;)

>he also knows he'll never be able to deliver his message as well as Clinton can deliver hers.
you're so full of shit. She has ZERO support.

SAGE

if trump suddenly and violently strangled the life force out of seven niggers live on television, would you be more or less inclined to vote for him?

Also Kek approves this message, never forget to praise him.

it's not really genius. all politicians do it. they always have. them doing it is what has given the word "rhetoric" such a negative connotation.

He could kill a man everyday from now until election day and I would still vote for him.

>door in the face technique

Hey buddy that's a pretty nice copy of the constitution

I'll give ya $5 bucks for it

Okay how about $10

Alright alright 100 dollars is my final offer

Trump needs the normies
We need the normies
KEK denies your post

Listen I'm not going to vote for that b*tch Hillary Clinton but I don't think Trump has a shot at winning guys...

I think we have strayed from Kek recently and that is partly for the bad luck we've been having with shills and Trump.

We need to glorify HIM in order for us to reach glory.

I've noticed this a lot

>shill detected

>Trump's original "ban on all Muslims entering the United States"
That's not what his proposal was. It was always a ban on Muslim IMMIGRATION.

also is faggot OP going to finish his rant

Impressive

Bump for interest, I'm willing to hear you out

But he also knows how to perform DITF. And he is performing it as follows:

>The persuader attempts to convince the respondent to comply by making a large request that the respondent will most likely turn down
Donald Trump is trying to convince the American people to elect him as their President. By acting as unpresidential, unsophisticated, and as childish as possible, he knows that this is a request that the majority of Americans will turn down (and they are currently turning it down).

>The respondent is then more likely to agree to a second, more reasonable request, compared to the same reasonable request made in isolation.
Donald will then present himself, likely within the next week or two, in the most presidential manner he can possibly muster. And the American people will eat it up. Trump will likely remain 10 points ahead for the rest of the election once this kicks in. Because Trump has now created a scenario in which "Presidential" Donald Trump will no longer be compared to "Presidential" Hillary Clinton -- he will instead be compared to "Unresidential" Donald Trump. And compared to this Trump, the one we saw in the primary and, more notably, post-convention this new "Presidential" Donald Trump will be a breath of fresh air. He'll speak in full sentences, not streams on consciousness. He'll stay on topic, not wander towards irrelevant inconveniences. And, most importantly, he'll act like the leader of the Republican Party instead of a Hillary plant who wants to watch it sink to the bottom of the ocean.

This campaign will be studied for generations.

fuck of you commie shill

fuck off shill

I love how when Hillbros post about the psychology of Trump supporters it's liberal voodoo and science (a bad word for trumplets), but when Trump supporters do it its 4th dimensional chess. You shills have gotten out of hand.

bump

I hate niggers

He is playing 11-dimensional timed chess against an opponent supplied with incorrect rules to hungry hungry hippo

Wow, really made me think...

By the time it's all over, the media will collapse on itself for being the sham-filled shill nonsense it has been for too long, and it will be glorious.

fuck off and go draw your autistic cartoon you fucking nazi

new shill strategy? call other people shills as if Sup Forumslacks won't notice?

"Everyone against me is a shill"

Haha OK kid.

It's hard to keep your faith through trying times. But we have to remember that all things are keks will. He is the source. He is the light. Even when it's dark we must still always praise him. Sup Forums has stopped and Sup Forums is being punished.

nigger shill shill nigger nigger

Wow check them m8

Praise kek

Thanks.

praise him

Great read
Faith and hope restored.

>tl;dr trump knows what he's doing
and this is a bad thing why?

Shills have been disrupting the meme magic. Praise Kek

He is with us still.

Praise kek

FUCK SO CLOSE

>Expert on persuasion techniques

Care to expand on this? What are your credentials?

Still waiting on part 3 faggot!

>sudden slump in happenings
>shills invading /pol
>candians shitposting slightly more than nornal
>hillary freezing from a brain clot on stage but not quite dying

lack of respect for kek leads to this

>t. Scott Adams

That's an awful lot of hope but I think you're right.

Checked and keked. Praise be unto him.

Maybe he'll cut his hair ? Think about it, if he had a military buzzcut and a dead serious look he would look like the generals in the movies.
But idk about the image change thing, could be detrimental.

"I will call him kid that will convince everyone I'm not a shill"

I want to believe you. But its getting late in the game. He needs to make that move soon.

Can you shut the f*** up about shills for one minute???

I sincerely hope you are right

>Listen I'm not going to vote for that b*tch Hillary Clinton

Who censors their own post? You're either a shill or the worst kind of leaf, maybe both.

No problem. You can look throughout his campaign and you'll see DITF manifest itself in various ways

I already posted it, friend.

Keep the faith

Nah he won't do that. Physical appearance is much less important than the appearance that you project i.e. confidence, likability, intelligence.

OP, by any chance have you been watching Maria Konnikova's videos lately?

>new
not so new, not so effective, user.

Interesting theory actually. What made you come to that conclusion?

>Honest question

fuck off shill

does anyone else kind of like cnn's jake tapper?

youtube.com/watch?v=kcuQI0V_g-Y

he's friends with scott adams and has a good sense of humor. i think he's a secret trump supporter

Nigga im voting trump. I just asked how he came to that conclusion

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Fuck you shill.

I really hope that this plays out as it you have said. It would truly be epic and prove that Trump thinks beyond the surface level of most things.

That said, anyone who thinks that this election is over after one bad week with three months left is delusional. If it were two weeks? Yea, absolutely panic. But Trump has enough time to shift the situation once again into his favor.

There is not just one deal. Each is separate new deal.
Also the media will use anything he says to spread fear, which proves point that the system is out get him.

The media doesn't want you to see this: Muslims for trumps pray at RNC youtu.be/KZHphdcMnew

Before 1930's child labor laws used cameras to popularize hard work & suffering as victimism, a kid could be treated like slaves in factories & farms to support their un employed parents.

I haven't, but I plan on picking up the Confidence Game pretty soon.

Because once you understand the basics of psychological and persuasion techniques, and have an understanding of politics and political games, it's easy to combine the two and take a peak behind the scenes. Trump makes it easy though.

Pic related

Not sure if troll or false-flagging shill

>those trips

ALL HAIL KEK!

check 'em and praise Kek

Faith and Excellence lads.
Kek will see us through this dark night.
We are his vessel. Trump is his voice.
On the edge of a new chapter, a new gift is coming, and mark my words there will be blood in the wake.

Dum spiro spero.

The dubs, a confirmation from Kek.

>That said, anyone who thinks that this election is over after one bad week with three months left is delusional. If it were two weeks? Yea, absolutely panic. But Trump has enough time to shift the situation once again into his favor.
Exactly. Even if Trump was a legit idiot just flailing around the way he's been doing it's likely that the polls would close or even reverse 3 or 4 times between now and November. But this isn't the case, and once Trump makes his switch, he'll maintain a lead.

>Donald Trump is a genius.
Stopped right there

>right now they prefer her simply because she looks and acts the part.

If you believe this you are brain damaged or a millennial.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y

Thank you for Correcting The Record.

Man does literally break it dow. Barney style

for those who need a TLDR

OP is essentially saying this

>refer to pic

Fuck you, my Skyrim character has 100 Speech with the Persuade perk so I'm pretty much an expert and I say you're a faggot.

Kek smiles upon you.

Praise him! Praise always

Turn the page.
Hold your head high and stretch you limbs, Peel the hammer, set in motion, the game is ready. It's time.

HOLY FUCK

THey just reported on fox news like not even 30 min ago that Trump insiders are expecintg a MAJOR change in the campaign

Its happening

Ids habbening!?

It's obvious that Trump is just using human psychology he learned from his tv show in order to become president but it's a huge gamble. But as long as he doesn't fuck up again in November, it's acceptable.

Cruz get out

>Donald will then present himself, likely within the next week or two, in the most presidential manner he can possibly muster.

I really hope he doesn't, because then I'd consider him a president. Just like the rest before him, he should remain no-bullshit-Trump

Idk, he didn't look so great in the DNC leaks. Taking interview questions directly from the Hillary people.

wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/4077

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=SqFdndNRzx4

Fug

He didn't learn this from his show, he likely has always had this innate understanding and has utilized it throughout his business career

He will still be no-bullshit Trump, but he'll sound intelligent while doing it. The offensive, no shits giving Trump only appeals to a certain portion of the population. I'd say 15% of the population actually enjoys Trump's offensiveness and 20% just take it in stride because they agree with the overall message and policies of his campaign. The remaining 15-20% that he needs to win want someone who will tell it like it is, but who will do so without sounding like some streetwise asshole that was picked up off the sidewalk and placed in front of a microphone.

Looking forward to november. Also, it was a good read and interesting. Thanks OP

Hi, CTR

>but who will do so without sounding like some streetwise asshole that was picked up off the sidewalk and placed in front of a microphone.

THIS.

All the media right now is picking on QUOTES AND SOUNDBYTES. If trump can drop the talk, the media wont have anything to say about him

Í hope you get bashed in school you retarded faggot.

Praise the frog God

So OP youre implying to me that the entire US media narrative and corporation effort will crumble and fall or conform to survive if trump goes that direction?

Also what sort of non election outsome will occur during this season? I like to pick your brain on this strategic standpoint

m-more trump cum massah!

fuck you Islamophobe