Marvel NOW 2.0 Teaser

Get ready for more recycled ideas!

Other urls found in this thread:

fastcocreate.com/3061358/marvel-comics-editor-in-chief-axel-alonso-announces-divided-we-stand-for-the-fall/1
comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-now-who-stands-with-doctor-doom-and-the-old-guard/pageno=7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Beautiful black basketball player and Brotherhood of Steel Optimus will wreck those CIS whiteys.

>yfw no Peter Parker shown at all, only Miles Morales

Fuck.

>deodato again

FUCKING HELL!!!!

if Gamora's solo is earth-based I am quitting Marvel

A lot of people aren't shown don't think it means much. Most of these people were the ones in promo images so it might just focus on a few of them.

Why the line up became so boring?

The art itself is ugly and I hate the colorimg so much.

It can be worse, senpai.
>Gamora gets solo
>written by Comics Alliance clique
>probably Kate Leth since Hellcat is cancelled
>Gamora is in New York
>all of sudden she acts like 15 year old
>daddy issues galore
>shopping issue!

Is that Zemo?

>Hellcat is cancelled
Good. Hope Kate Leth chokes on some dried up cum.

>American Kaiju
FUCK YES!

is this their most failed teasing campaign yet
there's barely anything new

You do realize All that crap about Gamora being 15 with daddy issues is already a thing thanks to Bendis.

>Divided we Stand

What are they trying to say with this? That they are gonna stay divided after CWII? Knowing Marvel , this is not lasting not even a year.

And Tony is fucking Dead, by the looks of it

>>Doom with iron man helmet
Oh fuck

I can't quite decide which side I hate more.

I think I'm choosing the side on the right.

Man, the right side is shitty as fuck.

Good to see Thor in promos again. Will Jane die in CW II?

See: the average Marvel reboot

That would require me reading his comic and thankfully, I'm not that big characterfag.

>The thing about comics is that you're always chasing the next thing. The frequency with which comics are published means that, as much as you're supposed to care about what just happened, the creators aren't doing their job if they don't leave you wanting the next one just as badly. That means that, even though Marvel's Civil War II still has a long way to go before it concludes, the company is already teasing Divided We Stand—the initiative that will showcase what the Marvel Universe looks like after the dust settles.

>"This is not an event. It's the status quo of the Marvel Universe in the aftermath of the war," Axel Alonso—Marvel's editor-in-chief—explains to Co.Create. He says of the teaser image, which premieres above, that the goal isn't so much to offer a statement about the specific stories to be told—the side on the right isn't getting ready to fight the side on the left this fall—but rather, to suggest who's going to be relevant after the current company-wide crossover is done. "It's a glimpse as to whom we can point to in the coming year, with just enough 'What the heck's going on there' spots to get people speculating. 'There's no Tony Stark in that picture, but who's that guy holding the helmet? Is that Doctor Doom?' 'The young girl in the gray armor looks a lot like the new War Machine . . .'"

>There are a lot of Marvel characters we've seen a lot of in the image, certainly. Captain America, the Black Panther, Captain Marvel, the male Thor, and Elektra all line up prominently behind the guy who is almost certainly Doctor Doom. On the other side of the divide, Dr. Strange and the Hulk, are joined by newcomer fan-favorites Ms. Marvel, Miles Morales, Gwenpool, and other, less iconic Marvel heroes. And part of the point of the image, according to Alonso, is to signpost who's going to be important in Marvel comics in the next few years.

Das racist and woman-hating.

>"They're all there because they matter," Alonso says. "They'll either be in a solo series, or they'll be a key member of a team, or they'll do something that you will be talking about in a Marvel book that will bring them into a position of prominence. They're there for a reason. Including that big, big, big what appears to be a Godzilla foot."

>Alonso could not confirm or deny that the "Godzilla foot" in question belonged to cult early-days Marvel character Fin Fang Foom, but he could talk at length about the philosophy behind pursuing new titles for characters that readers might not be expecting to see star in their own books.

>"That's the beauty, when you do these new launches. Over the last two years, I'm proud to have seen us launch a number of incredible number ones—from the All-New Thor to The Totally Awesome Hulk to Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur to Black Panther," Alonso says. "We've launched a number of very compelling, high-quality monthly series that have connected with readers—and many of those books have gotten the oxygen that they got because they launched out of the aftermath of an event as part of a larger program, where we shined a spotlight to say, 'We've got a number of new books coming out.'"

Would anybody recognize him without the helmet?

>The details on what books those are, at the moment, remain vague. Mosaic—he's the glowing blue guy hanging out to the left of the woman in the gray armor—will appear in his own title, as Marvel announced in late June. Others, like Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel, and Dr. Strange already appear in their own books. But there are plenty of other characters in the image for whom it's a surprise to see featured so prominently in Marvel's upcoming plans. With Ta-Nehisi Coates and a new movie due out, it's no surprise to see that Marvel is thinking about the Black Panther. But characters like Solo (the green guy with the gun on the far left), Foolkiller (the purple fella floating above Solo's head), Slapstick (the pale guy with the hammer), and Prowler (another purple guy standing behind Moon Girl) weren't necessarily characters that the comics-reading world was demanding more of. And the roles they'll play going forward remain to be seen.

>"Our catalog rolls deep. We have an incredible catalog of characters. I think that some of our C-, D-, and F-list characters are the coolest, for very different reasons than the guys who you see up on the silver screen," Alonso says. So how does Marvel decide which D-listers deserve to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Thor and Captain America in teaser images like these? "Part of it is individual writers who have an obsession with a character, and convince us that they've got the right angle. Part of it is a cameo that provided a nice springboard for us to go all-in on them as we've found that people really like them, and we need to be able to do more with them. But it's not a one-size-fits-all strategy—part of it is just that we roll the dice and put our best foot forward in the presentation of the characters."

Of course. He has facial hair.
And he's bro.

>The fact that Alonso compares the D-listers to the movie characters is interesting. It wasn't long ago that characters like Star-Lord, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon were consider D-listers or worse—and they ended up headlining one of Marvel Studios' biggest hits. But he stresses that his job, as the EIC of the comics line, isn't to throw unknown characters out there in order to see if Netflix should think about premiering Squirrel Girl in 2019.

>"Honestly, no," Alonso says when asked if that's part of the calculus. "On our end, we're just trying to make comic books that connect. It's not our job to worry about whether that translates to the screen. We're not R&D for TV and movies—we're just creating comic books. If [Marvel Television executive vice president] Jeph Loeb out there in TV land or Marvel Studios want to latch on to something, that's great. But if we're launching a Paladin series, it's not because we're eyeing a TV show. It's because we've got something to say with a character in a comic book."

>That doesn't mean that the two sides don't communicate, or reflect each other's work, of course ("The fact that Elektra was such a fantastic character in the Netflix [Daredevil] series didn't work against bringing her back in a major way to the Marvel Universe," Alonso nods). But it's almost a badge of pride for him that the comics version of the Marvel Universe is pretty far out there compared to what the Marvel Studios version of things looks like.

How so? I'm supporting Carol and T'challa.

>"You'll notice that the complexion of our Avengers doesn't look anything like the on-screen Avengers in the movies. We're encouraged, and we're emboldened to take great chances with what we do," he says. When it was announced that Sam Wilson—the Falcon—would replace Steve Rogers as Captain America in July 2014, cynical fans who knew that Marvel's movie calendar had Captain America: Civil War coming out two years later suspected that it'd be a short-lived stunt. For Alonso, the fact that Sam Wilson is still wearing red, white, and blue at this point is something he's proud of.

>"The key thing to keep in mind is that we're telling stories for the future. We're not going to sit back and watch what goes on on the silver screen and follow. We're paid to do our own thing," he says. "That's what Marvel has been doing for decades—taking chances and creating new things. To the credit of our company, we're able to take those chances, and wonder if down the road, any of this will show up on a silver screen or in a TV show."

>Among other things, "taking chances," in the context of Marvel Comics right now, means that—while the Cinematic Universe currently features more talking superhero raccoons than it does female superheroes of color—the lineup is incredibly diverse. That's something that's especially clear in the Divided We Fall teaser image. On the side lining up behind the as-yet-unnamed character in armor, only 5 of the 13 heroes are white. (Only one of them, Dr. Strange, is a white man.) Yet looking at the image, the first thing a lot of people will notice is that they're just looking at a bunch of superheroes. The fact that female characters outnumber male heroes, and that heroes of color outnumber the white characters, is an afterthought to the fact that, like, maybe Dr. Strange, the Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and the Miles Morales Spider-Man could be the new Defenders, or something.

"That's the effect you want to have," Alonso says. "We're all about creating books that connect with readers of all types. This has been a natural and organic process for us, and there's been an evolution on it for us over the last few years. Looking at the teaser now, I'm noticing for the first time that you've got five caucasian characters in the mix, five African-American characters, a Korean-American Hulk—it's more diverse than I ever would have imagined, and I think that's a good thing."

>Among other things, "taking chances," in the context of Marvel Comics right now, means that—while the Cinematic Universe currently features more talking superhero raccoons than it does female superheroes of color—the lineup is incredibly diverse. That's something that's especially clear in the Divided We Fall teaser image. On the side lining up behind the as-yet-unnamed character in armor, only 5 of the 13 heroes are white. (Only one of them, Dr. Strange, is a white man.) Yet looking at the image, the first thing a lot of people will notice is that they're just looking at a bunch of superheroes. The fact that female characters outnumber male heroes, and that heroes of color outnumber the white characters, is an afterthought to the fact that, like, maybe Dr. Strange, the Hulk, Ms. Marvel, and the Miles Morales Spider-Man could be the new Defenders, or something.

>"That's the effect you want to have," Alonso says. "We're all about creating books that connect with readers of all types. This has been a natural and organic process for us, and there's been an evolution on it for us over the last few years. Looking at the teaser now, I'm noticing for the first time that you've got five caucasian characters in the mix, five African-American characters, a Korean-American Hulk—it's more diverse than I ever would have imagined, and I think that's a good thing."

>>Original Sauce: FastCoCreate of all fucking places

But...but...but Doom has no facial hair. Doom is too good for feral follicles!

I guess it's good that everything I like is getting cancelled. I'm just gonna wait two years for this to blow over,even if it means to stop coming here.

This art sucks

>Doom may become Iron man
>Bendis will write iron doom
how mad will people get ?

Tony Stark isnt here either.

And he's still gonna be Bendis' golden boy.

That's Fin Fang Foom pham

Doom doesn't have scars either so we can go full retard.
>art

i prefer the side on the right solely based on stephen strange being there.

>What are they trying to say with this?

Since this title was originally an Ultimate Universe story (a fairly recent one, no less), probably that they're completely out of ideas.

>Will Jane die in CW II?
We can only hope.

I am worried about the only mutant being Cable.

>yfw its a heroic Superior Fing Fang Foom

i'd nut everywhere if this turns out to be true

WHERW THE FUCK IS TONY!?

there's like two inhumans including ms marvel who honestly doesnt count since her push is organic and separate.

have faith.

>Yfw Marvel is death and the rotting corpse is being heavily influenced by Bendis.

>ywn relive the Marvel heroes in their full glory and instead we have to contend with Bendis fanfiction

Doom looks like the Jurassic Park Jew.

>no x-men
Cable is an avenger now btw

No way, Carol's going to punch straight through his chest in #7 like Thanos did to Rhodey in #1.

>still gonna be Bendis' golden boy
>still

Bendis' golden boy is Miles Morales.

That lineup is fucking awful.
I can count like 5 characters I give a shit about.

And that's putting aside my mixed feelings on Miles.

Why would you have Deodato do your big teaser? At least Marquez drew the ANAD teasers.

There are at least five characters on there I don't even recognize and the rest of them don't tickle my fancy

I guess I will continue being disinterested in Marvel

Probably still pretending to be James Franco over in China. Because of Bendis decompressed stories, that plot will take like 30 issues before anything important actually happens.

for some reason he's still considered a top artist

> They lazily copied the MCU Civil War tag.

>that "costume" on Squirrel Girl
>that Squirrel Girl, in general

Is Marvel starting to look unrecognizable to anyone else? Like, they're running away from anything remotely iconic looking or established.

>On our end, we're just trying to make comic books that connect. It's not our job to worry about whether that translates to the screen. We're not R&D for TV and movies—we're just creating comic books.

lol

Nope. The Zemo-looking guy on the left is Foolkiller, and the Zemo-looking guy on the right is the Prowler, I think.

> They get criticized for copying the MCU.

> They get criticized for doing left-field diversity shit.

>that right side

Except for Dr. Strange and Prowler

You know they could do neither of those are go for a more iconic and MARVEL COMICS type of thing WITH new and legacy heroes.

Instead it's mostly throwing the baby out with the bathwater with slight MCU ties.

I fear that A-Force will be disbanded by the end of Civil War.

And with Victor about to die in Vision . . . a reprieve from the general malaise of being a Runaways fan in this time period has ended.

And I am sad.

I kind of like that group on the right of Doctor Strange, Miles, Cho Hulk, Ms Marvel, Kate. All New Defenders book?

Jessica looks so fucking out of place. It's awesome. And the ex-babysitter is on the opposing team?

Wonder where Luke and Danny are. I have a massive Defenders boner due to the Netflix shows.

Whelp, guess we'll be seeing a lot more of Bendis's waifu. I get that JJ was popular amongst female viewers, and Doctor Who fans, but she really does look out of place.

>ex-babysitter is on the opposing team
Do they even acknowledge that?

Not only wrong link but also you didn't see the FastCoCreate interview above.

>all the minorities on one side
welp, now we know who's winning, or at least holding the higher moral ground on this.

Well fuck me

fastcocreate.com/3061358/marvel-comics-editor-in-chief-axel-alonso-announces-divided-we-stand-for-the-fall/1

>>"They're all there because they matter," Alonso says. "They'll either be in a solo series, or they'll be a key member of a team, or they'll do something that you will be talking about in a Marvel book that will bring them into a position of prominence
Yeah I'm sure they have big plans for Slapstick and that green guy with a gun whose name I can't recall

It's modern Marvel cosmic. Of course it'll be Earth based.

>and that green guy with a gun whose name I can't recall
SOLO

>Gwenpool picking a side
>In Fanwar 2: Shitplot Boogaloo

Doesn't she remember the shitstorm that the last one was? She should grab Kamala and Miles and bail to go faff around with the Power Pack

>This is not an event. It's the status quo of the Marvel Universe in the aftermath of the war
Can they fucking establish a status quo for more than a couple of months before moving on to the next one?

Doubt it. Carol was about the only heroine who knew her, and was the one that took her to the hospital crying after the Wanda incident, and went out on coffee dates with her across Alias, Pulse and New Avengers, and they might as well be strangers these days. I don't think they have even talked since Avengers. So if the best friend is utterly forgotten, what chance does the babysitter have?

>Marvel slashes half their roster by pushing down F4 and X-Men.
>Fills it with new cute/awkward/geeky/fangirl characters and gender/racebent replacement characters.

Tony's side is really white with the tolken black panther.

Odd, because this time I would imagine Tony, being against pre-crime (even if for shitty reasons), would be the clear good guy. But then, this is Tony Fuckup Stark. He probably wants to neuter anyone with anything like precognition or something.

Yes, thank you. I am sure he will continue to be a memorable addition to the Marvel Universe.

>I am sure he will continue to be a memorable addition to the Marvel Universe.

Yup, just like the Injun character that was gonna be the next big thing!

Pushing d listers and literally whos is all well and good but why don't they try doing something worthwhile with characters people already give a shit about first?

>Divided we stand
AGAIN?!!

American Kaiju series when?

I straight up just do not care anymore.
Who the hell are half of these people? I suppose that's a new War Machine, people like Fallout 4 so I guess we better rip that off to get some interest, that Gwenpool thing is popular, guess we'll throw her in. She hulk's also dead, we need a new green chick, people like Guardians of Space or whatever it's called, let's just take the green chick from that and toss it in.
Whatever.

It's Fin Fang Foom.

Tony's dead, user. That's Doom holding his helmet.

Prove.

>Doom will become yet another rich evil white business man

Looks like Kate is going back to a costume that resembles her original which is pretty cool

Gamora being earthbound seems kind of odd.
Like why would she be/stay here

Tony front and center with Carol standing behind him so looks like Tony "wins" Civil War II

CBR did a rundown of the rosters, Fin Fang Foom was confirmed.

They got BP to be the token black guy, too

Atleast he's not drawing Norman Osbourne.

>Tony front and center with Carol standing behind him so looks like Tony "wins" Civil War II

That's Doctor Doom.

They thought Daisy was Maria so no. Axel himself wouldn't say if it was Fin Fang Foom or Kaiju.

So what's the situation with Jess atm?
I stopped reading when she got pregnant
Is she still defined by her baby?
I liked her book before she got knockedup

You mean this?
comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-now-who-stands-with-doctor-doom-and-the-old-guard/pageno=7

It also speculates it could be AK.

Assume that I'm new to Marvel Comics.
Give me one good reason, based on "Civil War II" and post-event speculation, why I should care about this whole "Divided We Stand" thing.

I tought minorities were with Tony, so yea, anti pre-crime seems to be the good guys, it irritates me the fact that is not simple pre-cog and is some sort of bulshit calculation of future events that was hinted can be biased by the fact that the guy doing it is a white male.

Just when you think Marvel couldn't shit the bed more

You really shouldn't. But there's nothing else happening in Marvel to care about at the moment.