Why American so skeptical about climate change like no other country does ?

Why American so skeptical about climate change like no other country does ?
Because it challenge Christian worldview?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fdxlA8UoNB0
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_the_United_States#50_busiest_US_airports_by_total_passenger_boardings
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because we can.
You'd probably get arrested for hate speech in europe for questioning "global warming"

No, Catholics and Orthodox have no problem with climate change, hell even European protestants are on board

It's called American exceptionalism, the uneducated masses will defend to the death the self serving interests of their greedy elites, you just have to phrase it as a liberals vs conservatives issue

I'm not sceptical about it, I just don't think its that big a deal and has precisely zero chance of being reversed.

And your qualifications are what? Mcdonalds fry cook?

We're short sighted and generally don't think about anything more than a week or two in the future. That's why fat people get obese, they rarely look back and rarely think about long term effects.

The climate experts projections show that it can't be reversed.
The whole Paris climate fuckfest deal was spending a trillion dollars (and shifting almost all industry to the 3rd world like that helps) in the hopes of reducing warming by less than 1% 100 years from now.
Regardless of what;s going on with the climate and what man's impact actually is ... it's become a cash cow everybody wants to get in on.

I'l ask a second time. What are your qualifications?

The same as the ones you're using to defend it.

I'm not defending anything. I'm just wondering what kind of insight you have as a minimum wage fry cook.

You can ask him as many times as you like, he'd stated his views which are based off information gained from scientists studying climate change.
You don't need a qualification to formulate an opinion based on reasonable sources.

>we're heading towards a wall, quick hit the breaks
>actually we'll crash even if we hit the breaks so let's just keep hitting the gas

That's a great ad hominem pal, right back at ya!

Right, so Americans are essentially just childish contrarians. It really does make a lot of sense.

>appeal to authority

You can't reverse it at this point but you can still mitigate its severity. Besides, the world can't keep fucking over the environment in the same unsustainable way it has been or else even more problems will arise in the future.

Turning on A/C a lot and using disposable dishes and cups are so comfortable. And of course, I would probably die from doing coke like a degenerate before global warming takes whole effect and sink the whole Florida.

>inb4 so you are a 'fuck you I'll fuck you over' person?

Yeah just like every politician and banker does. Well at least I don't make millions of people to kill themselves because of stock market crash

Are you underaged? This is the worst attempt I've see in awhile.

>you can't take a position on criminal justice policy because you aren't a judge
This is how retarded you are.

>Why American so skeptical about climate change like no other country does ?
I don't doubt that climate change is happening, I just don't believe that we can reverse it by outsourcing jobs to the 3rd world and subsidizing China and India with billions of dollars of aid. At this point we would be better off reducing our footprint at home and start spending resources to become the leader in green tech.

>Because it challenge Christian worldview?

>t. angsty atheist

>but you can still mitigate its severity.
And why bother?
>but all these people may have to move 50 miles inland user!!!!
Oh noes..

Unfortunately around half of our country is made up of retarded flyovers and god-fearing Cletuses.

Thread theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=fdxlA8UoNB0

>And why bother?

Because it will directly affect your life and the lives of others include future generations in an irreversible way and cause mass devastation to the planet? Look I know you're probably a shut-in NEET with no hope of ever reproducing but if you had children or even basic empathy for others you would be able to understand why climate change is a bad thing.

Because we're a petroleum based society so we have to rationalize it. It isn't exclusive to USA, we also see some degree of it in other commonwealth cuntries like australia, canada, and nordcucks.

Mutts are nothing if not selfish and shortsighted.

kek

How the fuck is the water level rising 50 miles inland devastation or going to effect the lives of my children? People will just fucking move dipshit. The process of this happened will be over decades or centuries, it isn't like Noah's flood where a huge deluge arrives overnight and wipes out everybody.

So instead of 20 million people living in Florida half of them move to Missouri over the span of a century, what a tragedy.

This is a self inflincted problem devised by people drunk in an advanced economy with no major wars for a long time.

So many less people die in natural disasters and there are hardly any adverse costs to infrastructure due to natural events.

It’s like the movie 2012, just on a massive global collective fear mongering scale.

Humans haven’t seen astroid collisions nor massive ice ages. We however do know about Tsunamis/earthquakes/floods etc. We are good at solving problems in front of us and that’s why less people die of natural disasters than ever before.

It’s just good fun for people like me to watch everyone fear about something that no one has ever even seen happen.

You are honestly just really fucking stupid if you think it's all that simple.

The USA doesn't care about the environment or sustainability, their culture is based solely around capitalism and consumerism. They will continue to be selfish "individualist" cunts and waste as many resources as they can fucking around while the planet degenerates before their very eyes. The American public pay zero attention as their rich begin to invest in bunkers and isolated islands far from any populated centre of civilisation. They ignore the rising sea levels and inexplicable decline in global bee populations. They ignore the effects of fluoride in the water supply, as well as the countless chemicals routinely added into their food that are banned virtually everywhere else in the world. They'll brag about free speech and democracy while millionaires decide which politicians get air time. They'll worship their troops before sending them to die in a war half a world away for reasons nobody quite understands. So long as they get their Tendies and Kardashian show the proles are happy.

Flyovers are the dumbest people in the developed world

I think it's a lie. There's too much for the people in power to gain from it to be taken at face value.

Could have stopped at "you are honestly just really fucking stupid"

>burgers ITT
It's like an Ayn Rand book but without a good lexicon.

>Why American so skeptical about climate change like no other country does ?
Because our political system is corrupted by money. The people who dig up coal, pump oil, and mine natural gas have a shitton of money to spend on the political process, bribes, and donations.

Nothing short of a rebellion will fix this issue

>It's like an Ayn Rand book but without a good lexicon.
So an Ayn Rand book.

The energy Industry has massive amounts of power here.

I agree, we should just let Europe be swarmed with millions of Africans and Arabnigs because "it's just 50 miles getting warmer!"

$20 bucks says you're a Sup Forumstard who has whined about this issue before too, hypocritically

its not that they dont care but not to a parodical extreme of sacrifice much of their development and estragical advancement, look at china how inabitable much of their cities are.
The prroblem will solve itself renovable energies are taking the lead step by step you wont need any drastical measure in 50 years will be the mayority and in 100 years all the damage inflicted to the planet will be solved

Because Republican politicians hitched their wagon to the uneducated religious majority, and those guys suck everything down so long as they pretend to be Christian

Swell argument.

Look at all these flyovers that happen to be on the coasts, funny that

>The prroblem will solve itself renovable energies
Renewable energy is a meme, especially with how much fossil fuel/nonrenewable energy is spent producing modern windmills and solar panels. Not even counting maintenance, because those things break.

Nuclear energy is the non-cuck answer, and there are only 4 countries that heavily invest in it (and research).

1. France
2. USA
3. Sweden
4. Finland
9001. Faggot Germans
9002. Soon-to-be faggot Japanese, pic related

Except China has suffered in hazardous smog, and contribute 1/3 of our country's air pollution.

Ueah, as long as you oppose abortion and gay marriage, they'll eat out of your hand. It's a shame that the Republican party has hijacked anti-elitism in this country; it could be a force for so much good.

because many of us are blindly subservient to large corporations

>has hijacked anti-elitism in this country; it could be a force for so much good.
Jackson and Teddy had flaws but we needed them. Trump isn't even worth gargling Teddy's urine as mouthwash

The southeast are all flyover states. The only purpose they have to real people is to be under us when we head to Florida

Because we are a bunch of weird fuckers. Unironically do most things backwards.

Because Drumpf denies it so they do to.
Who gives a fuck about doing research, eh? Fuck that, I'll just listen to Donald. He's always right.

>The southeast are all flyover states.
The airport with the largest amount of traffic in the country is in Atlanta. #2 is Chicago. Then when we get to #3 and #4 we finally see LA and NYC.

Pretty hard to "fly over" when you stop there, huh.

To have to rescue the people trapped there somehow. New York also splits its traffic between three major airports.

I am curious about this too, I mean in like in 100% of the cases we go with the opinion of the majority and the "experts", yet for some reason when it comes to climate change everyone is suddenly such a sceptic

It's amazing that uneducated Americans are the ones who always scream this bullshit fallacy

>I dropped out of school at 14 to work with my uncledaddy on the ranch, and anyone more educated than me is wrong and never should be listened to

So if you're sued tomorrow, you won't hire a lawyer right? Don't want to appeal to his authority on legal matters, best defend yourself.

>New York also splits its traffic between three major airports.
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_the_United_States#50_busiest_US_airports_by_total_passenger_boardings

Look for yourself

NY = JFK (23 mil) + LaGuardia (12 mil) = 35
GA = 43
IL = O'hare (32 mil) + Midway (8 mil) = 40
CA = Not going to list them off since there's actually quite a few, but 28+19+8+4+4+4+4 = 71

Factoring in all airports bumps CA up a lot in the rankings, which more accurately reflects how much of a proportion of the population it has in the US (13% of the whole). Chicago and Atlanta remain unchanged in the ranking and punch above their supposed weight for being flyovers. And NYC is actually disappointing.

>This entire post

Star getting your climate science news from somewhere other than Breitbart.

>The prroblem will solve itself

Fucking retard

It's not just Trump. I hate seeing some Ivy League educated fuck like Ted Cruz pretend to be some sort of folksy simpleton. He couldn't be further from the common man in in this country, yet people eat it up.

Two of the biggest reasons why ATL is so busy is because Delta Airlines is HQd there and because the nearest major airport is 250 miles away.

darn we made the world better for no reason

True, so you're saying NYC can't attract aerospace innovators/capital/talent to HQ in the state?

>Nuclear energy is the non-cuck answer

Bad news, bud. The US are cucked in this regard still, you're both banning development and refits of currently running reactors and the US has a complete ban on building new ones. France is also seeing massive backlash over their reactors now.

Greenpeace fags have turned nuclear power into a self fulfilling prophecy of disaster

Cry about MUH NUCLEAR SCARE -> Get nuclear reactor development stifled -> Progress is slowed -> New reactors get banned from being built -> Get stuck using the same reactors for 60 years -> Lack of refits and no new reactors causes an old as fuck one to melt down -> SEE WE TOLD YOU IT WAS UNSAFE

Nuclear is the answer, and it's also a dead end and will never be a thing thanks to retards who think a 2018 built French reactor is run by the same retarded Russian fucks who fucked up Chernobyl.

You're forgetting to include the 16 (I rounded down to help you out.) mil for Newark. Not including it shows you know nothing about air travel in NY.

anything more to add soulles pig

If you want me to count it, be a dear and merge the states to reduce your Senatorial and Electoral College influence

thanks sweetie

They probably can.

Anyway, It's not like Atlanta attracted them. Delta started as a crop dusting company in the area and grew from there.

The difference in global temperature between an ice age and an interglacial is 8 to 12 C . We've had 4 ice ages in the past 500,000 years.
1.5 degrees (assuming you are 100% correct) is not some kind of a deadly trigger point.

Your most important AGW scientists manipulate data, and they don't share their model, and they thwart FOIA requests. They have undoubtedly committed fraud.

Sorry if it's too hard for your little flyover brain to comprehend how air travel works in civilized areas.

You'd be surprised to see that whole islands outside of the US (imagine being able to think outside of your states borders!) will go under, causing migrations other than "50 miles inward, from Florida to bumfuck Missouri"

Or you could just read peer-reviewed papers on it.

>+3C in 150 years is comparable to +10C in 20,000 years

dude bro