What would the DC universe be like if Superman had been raised by a devout Muslim Taliban family?

What would the DC universe be like if Superman had been raised by a devout Muslim Taliban family?

Other urls found in this thread:

kahlil.kr/comic/2015/10/24/chapter-01-not-in-kansas-anymore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He'd still be Superman.

It couldn't possibly be any worse than being raised by either literally Hitler or Stalin, and Supes still turned out to be good person with both of those.

Probably Red Son just Muslims instead of communists. A moon and a star inside of a diamond for an emblem.

Constantly trying to martyr himself to get 72 virgins and failing

Man of Murder
Lex would be a redpilled hero

>Lex Luthor coats himself in slices of ham
>"I have defeated you Superman! The holy Quran says you cannot touch pork!"
>Doomsday attacking Metropolis during prayer time? How can I pledge faith to Allah AND save the lives of innocents?
>Superman stones Leo Quintum to death because his rainbow clothes made Superman believe he was a homosexual

>Superman stones Leo Quintum to death because his rainbow clothes made Superman believe he was a homosexual

>It couldn't possibly be any worse than being raised by either literally Hitler or Stalin, and Supes still turned out to be good person with both of those.

There difference would be that while both regimes have done immoral things, they weren't strictly codified.
It wasn't "If this criteria is reached, do this". The immorality was pretty much just "guidelines" and not "rules".

Islam is different that way.
How would Superman react to an adulterous woman? The Qu'ran demands he kill her.
Doing so would be the most moral and righteous thing he could do, if he followed Shariah Law.

Imagine that, Supergirl would be super haram. Supes would constantly trying to get her married.

I know everyone just wants to hate on Islam, but I think Superman as a Muslim would still be Superman. You kind of have to assume he'd be raised by Jonathan and Martha Il-Sharabim, and he come out of it with the same basic life lessons. I do think it would go a bit Red Son because he'd have a much more proactive 'enforce peace whether they like it or not' view, but I think he'd be the ultimate embodiment of the Religion of Peace ideal just like he's always been the embodiment of the purest aspects of Truth, Justice, and the American Way. You can turn him into some kind of weaponized Republican SuperJesus if you wanted to try to make a statement about the American Way just as easily as you could make him a durkadurka superbomb. But both miss the point of what he's always been.

>How would Superman react to an adulterous woman? The Qu'ran demands he kill her.
The Bible demands a lot of fucked up things that Christians don't do.

>You kind of have to assume he'd be raised by Jonathan and Martha Il-Sharabim, and he come out of it with the same basic life lessons
Depends if he was raised by a Muslim family in, say, London or one in Saudi Arabia.

Major difference in what those life lessons would be

>The Bible demands a lot of fucked up things that Christians don't do.
It's a lot less clear as the New Testament waives a lot of the Old Testament requirements, but also says to respect the Old Testament.

There is room for both ways in canon.
Islam is not that flexible.

Besides, considering who many theocratic Islamic nations follow Sharia law and that there are no theocratic Christian nations, the difference is pretty obvious

He would probably have wonder woman, louis lane, and lana as a wife instead of just being with louis

Well, a good person within the context that he was raised, anyway.

This exactly. Plus as an added bonus, "Kal-El" even sounds Arabic (Kalel, Kallel, Qa'lel, etc.)

Holy shit
>Can't be aboard the League HQ because he doesn't know where the fuck to pray in space.

>there are no theocratic Christian nations
What is the Vatican City then?

>Plus as an added bonus, "Kal-El" even sounds Arabic (Kalel, Kallel, Qa'lel, etc.)
I suppose you could find the Jewish link in 'El' meaning 'of god'.

I didn't even know I wanted this.

Come on Image, give me Muzzy Supes!

Probably not as effective, since he'd only help Muslims and think certain groups deserve what happens to them.

What? Wouldn't he just face the direction of mecca while floating and do a prone pose? Hell given that he's in space he would probably just rotate with the earth while keeping in line with mecca

A Christian state.

Besides, how many women are stoned in the Vatican?
How many Old Testament punishments doled out?

Not even in Israel is that type of shit tolerated.

Only in Islamic nations are those types of barbarisms mandated.

Muslims follow their religion more strictly than Christians do but there are a lot of them in America, and I'm just ignoring the "Taliban" part in the OP and assuming he's still from America. Muslim Americans don't go around killing people for cheating. Well, maybe they do but not because they're Muslim.

He can just face Earth.

Silly user, Catholics aren't Christians! They worship statues and idols!

>more like Red Son
>peace whether they like it or not
That makes sense since Islam literally means submission.

Hmm, you know what, you're right.
It would make for a nice page too.

Superman wasn't raised by the WBC

El just means god
t. Native Hebrew speaker

>'El' meaning 'of God'
Ho-ly Shit, it all makes sense now

If he's Muslim American now he's from Detroit, user.

Not as fucked as Afghanistan?

Okay, thanks. Google failed again.

>Muslim Americans don't go around killing people for cheating
Maybe not for adulterers... But gays?

Shit, the the whole "Walk back to grab a gun to shoot your cheating wife in her bed" Is basically an american staple regardless of religion.

>i'm just ignoring the main point of your post

I feel like Superman is still going to be the same no matter what religion you make him. The point of the Kents is that they are kind farmers who find an alien baby and raise him to be kind too. His parents are exceptional, you know? So if he's Muslim they will still be exceptional and if he's Christian they will still be exceptional. You know what I'm saying? He might pray to a God but at the end of the day he's a man who cares about the people on Earth and devotes his life to them.

>Superman is so special and good that he will be good no matter who raises him because he is beyond even that

Wow, what a compelling and interesting character

Quote me next time senpai

You're totally right. However, you're posting in a troll thread, so don't expect much actual discussion.

This shit needs to happen

>Muslim Americans don't go around killing people for cheating.
People in general don't go around fighting crime. Adultery is a crime.

This. Pretty straightforward. He'd absorb the highest and most altruistic ideals of the Quran from the al'Kents, He'd grow uncomfortable with this tactic or that, and eventually rise within the organization while others attempt to manipulate him for their own power, which would ultimately fail.

In time he might found some secular city of the future and declare himself caliph, he would eschew prayer to save more people, but would pray when he could, and extol the simple and more virtuous truths offered by the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to those interested in listening or debating.

A new golden age of Muslim science would follow. Algebra would be celebrated, Baghdad would be Metropolis, Jimmy Olsen would be a Syrian war photographer known for exposing war crimes or something, Lois would interview Superman in contrast with radical imams, promote journalistic integrity, and catch men off guard in interviews by walking around in a skimpy burka.

Eventually Clark al'Kent enters the thought robot, and hears the reader breathing. Concerned he has encountered a demiurge, Clark is thrown into an eschatological crisis, and attempts to grab and subdue this brazen insult to Allah's grace. In time, after years of meditation in orbit around a blue sun, he comes to understand that he was witness to a higher reality still, and so he collects his things and disappears into the multiverse on a never-ending quest to find the truest incarnation of Allah. Hobo ascetic nomad Superman traveling the multiverse for wisdom.

Superman would have a majestic beard.

Hey, question. It's my understanding that "Elohim" is the plural of "El".

And that Genesis in the original Hebrew uses "Elohim" for what is in English normally "in the beginning the LORD created the Heaven and the Earth".

So...

It does tend to mean "of God" when you find it appended to a name, though. Raphael, Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, etc.

It will never happen, Sup Forums. Calm your hate boner.

I think you kinda missed the point of Mastermen if you think Superman still turned out to be a good person in it.

>that spoiler
You're goddamn right.

There was a story where Kal-El landed on Apokolips and was raised as Darkseid's super soldier. In the end he still became good guy mclovin.

So let's read Khalil

kahlil.kr/comic/2015/10/24/chapter-01-not-in-kansas-anymore

Here's your (You)
now fuck off

The Bible says literally the same thing yet being raised by Christians didn't fuck him up.

Also
>Devout
>Taliban
Terrorists are not devout Muslims because suicide is forbidden by the Quran.

Well, ___OP___ would be dead.

Because OP is a fag

Pot calling kettle black

>devout Muslim
>Taliban
pick one

It's not suicide. It's holy war, jihad. Soldiers fight even when they know they will die. That isn't suicide.

>Terrorist are not real muslims, I swear!
>Muslims don't support terrorists!

t. european muslim

>not knowing who the Taliban are
>[current year]

> Suicide: "Suicide is the act of deliberately killing oneself"

It's suicide.

This could make for an interesting Elseworlds.

THIS JUST IN!
SOLDIERS THROUGHOUT HISTORY DON'T GO TO HEAVEN!
THEY FOUGHT KNOWING THEY WOULD DIE SO THEY COMMITTED SUICIDE!

t. some random ass user on the internet telling the world war is suicide

user is saying that the Taliban aren't real Muslims. They cherry pick their laws I think.

lol stay mad

If you have the choice open to you, then it is suicide.

user doesn't know who the Taliban are. He probably thinks they are a bunch of terrorists conspiring against America because that's what Fox News and CNN told him once. They are literally just people, goat herders without strong governmental influence, ruled by chiefs and shit.

I'm not mad. I'm agreeing with you. This is amazing news.

Let me just call up my grandmother to tell her that her husband isn't in heaven because he died during war. brb

I'm not sure that that contradicts anything I said.

There's a difference between going into war, where you don't know whether you'll live or die, just that you'll make sure the enemy dies, and taking your own life by your own hands, even if it is in an act of war

>missing the point this hard

I'm not saying that all people who go to war and die are committing suicide, especially not those forced into it by religion or government, but those that have a choice to not do so are technically committing suicide. By definition.

He would only help other muslims.
Blame the West for every bad action done by other muslims.
Get mad and violent at everyone that criticize Islam.
Get in constant fights with other religious characters like The Spectre or the various Greek Gods from Wonder Woman, really dislike Azrael and the order of St. Dumas.
And people would have seen him dancing during 9/11 instead of stopping the planes.

Yes, there's a theory in modern historical scholarship that the Hebrew Bible was composed from older legends which mentioned a pantheon of gods, one of which was a storm god named Yahweh. At some point, Yahweh became the primary deity of worship, and then the other gods were done away with, possibly to symbolize unification around a single, powerful king of the Israelite state.

Also, interestingly, the Old Testament is generally considered to have been redacted, i.e., formed from these older legends and tales, sometime around the 500s-600s BCE, after Yahweh was established as the singular god of the Israelites, during a period where Persia had conquered Israel and was in the process of conquering Egypt. Thus the entire book dedicated to bashing Egypt, from which we have no evidence of a massive Israelite slave revolt and exodus.

you're american, aren't you?

>What would the DC universe be like if Superman had been raised by a devout Muslim Taliban family?

Here's your answer: KahlilComic.com

Sorta...

>trying this hard to make some epic quip

Black, Muslim Superman? I could dig it, he certainly has enough inspiration to help people there

Name one heroic muslim, I'll be waiting

there are loads, they an hero all the time

The fuck are you even talking about?

>The Bible says literally the same thing
Where in the New Testament?

He would probably be seen as a messiah
The whole God/Man thing would be much more relevant
If he is raised by good muslims he would be a good guy
If he was raised by bad muslims he would not

Ironically your "Good" Muslim would be considered a "Bad Muslim"

>If he's Muslim American now he's from Detroit, user.

You mean Dearborn MI

>gives all his energy to Parasite on Ramadan because Ramadan is about giving

Kamala Khan

Elaborate, please.

Would he not just be a shitty copy of black adam where the justice league have to slap his shit down every time he leaves Afghanistan.

Most elseworlds ignore it but there are plenty of people in DC who can slap supe's shit on the reg.

>Where in the New Testament?

>Until Heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the law, until all is accomplished - Jesus

So you are saying the entire institution of the military is an organization of coercion. That no soldier dies willingly, they only do so because they will be shot if they don't.

Or Supes would marry Supergirl himself because first cousin marriage in encouraged in many Muslim countries.

A "good Muslim" would follow all the rules of Islam and be pious.
A "good" Muslim would follow more what you consider "good", i.e. Western morality.
Since many parts of Islam are at odds with Western morality, in order to be a "good" Muslim, that person must disobey the Qu'ran and therefore be a "bad Muslim".

Most christians are relaxed and non-practitioning, most islamics are extreme by comparison, and still many follow the Quran and the Ahadith as if it was law.
With the exception of the ultra liberal ones raised in the west.

No western christian nations have blasphemy laws or death penalty to homossexuals or adulterous women, some muslim countries do and many citizens of others practice those regardless, terrorism is also more prevalent in muslim groups than otherwise.

The development of the islamic nations and religion was different fron that of the west, westerners and youe belief of equality seem not to get that not all ideas are created equal (except when it suits them)