Post your favorite episode and also why the show went downhill in later seasons

Post your favorite episode and also why the show went downhill in later seasons

>the gang gets trapped
>too much plot dependence of insider jokes and references from earlier seasons, also too obvious satire of pop culture like the making a murderer episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BEHGPrNETvo
youtube.com/watch?v=AWm9TGsqy7o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>also too obvious satire of pop culture
Fuck you, the Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award was great

I thought Season 12 was leagues fucking better than 10 & 11. So it's not completely dead for me.

3, 4 and 5 are pure kino though.

>the gang gets trapped
i showed this episode to my friends and the kept talking over it. i was fucking pissed. even when showeing them was my like 5th viewing, i was in stitches during the last minute. they didnt get why. i didnt think sunny was "intelligent" humor, but if you cant understand why it has the best build up of comedy 22 minute scan allow, you've got some explaining to do.

>Why the whatever went down
Watch season 12

Fucking this, I watched season 12 a week ago because after S11, I wasn't all that hyped about another season but oh man s12 is solid.

reynolds vs reynolds the cereal defense

too much of the gang getting involved with outside characters. when it's all contained within the main characters, it's comfy. if "normal" people get sucked into their schemes, then it becomes cringey to watch

I love Pondy.

it didn't get that bad really. season twelve was good, hated the first ep the first time i watched it but took a Sup Forums break and it was good again.

that episode is an example of less obvious satire

season 12 is fucking awful, easily the worst season so far

i dont have a favorite but i have my comfy episodes:
season 3
-the gang finds a dumpster baby
-the gang solves the north korea situation
-frank sets sweet dee on fire
-mac is a serial killer
-the gang gets whacked (both parts)
-the gang dances their asses off

season 4
-the gang solves the gas crisis
-mac's banging the waitress
-mac and charlie die (both parts)
-paddy's pub: the worst bar in philadelphia
-sweet dee has a heart attack
-the gang gets extreme
-the nightman cometh

season 5
-all of it

season 6
-everything except the first maureen ponderosa episode and the gang gets a new member

season 7
-everything except frank reynold's little beauties and frank;s brother

season 8
-everything except charlie's mom has cancer and frank's back in business

season 9
-everything except mac and dennis buy a timeshare and the gang saves the day

season 10
-everything except psycho pete and frank retires

season 11
-everything except being frank

season 12
-old lady house: a situation comedy
-PTSDee (eh)
-i barely remember The Gang Tends Bar but i remember kinda liking it and thinking it was comfy

Every episode from Season 1-5 is great! I'd accept any argument why any of those episodes are the best.

Season 6 on... was utter dogshit.

Don't get me wrong, each season had 2 or 3 gems. But when you go from constantly being kino to phoning it in cause you're already rich or focused on other projects, well... fuck these assholes.

no

Who Got Dee Pregnant
Typical shelf life of a show revolving around the same premise, honestly think it's stood up pretty well considering

>everything except frank reynold's little beauties
>not enjoying a kino cavalcade of c-u-n-n-y

redditors go home

it's been nearly unwatchable since season 8

Sometimes i feel that there are some people who will always hate a show if it goes on for a long time, even thought there has been no drop in quality or just a minor drop.

What didn't you like about Frank Reynold's Little Beauties?

Genuinely troubles me when I see people say that Season 10 and beyond are as good as "classic Sunny", but each to their own.

nah

Dennis bangs the waitress

Flanderization.

Mac and Charlie Die, both parts

Show went down hill because of flanderization out the ass and too many unnecessary call backs. Also plots were becoming more and more fan-fic tier.

I don't think it really gets worse, the problem is the classical sitcom thing happens when actors become more popular and rich and they start to not feel like their characters anymore. The hair on everyone in Season 12 is not the hair of loser alcoholics in their 40s. And their manners changed in general changed, they don't fit their roles anymore. Except for Danny, who's an actual actor who can act.

I feel like Sup Forums isn't really full of contrarians , I honestly think this guy is in every thread. He posts the same exact thing word for word with just a different show name.

camp, gay mac is the worst
i miss when he was a "don't give a shit" always yelling frat guy

Good point

He is right though, Season 12 only has three good episodes (Hero or Hate Crime?, Dennis' Double Life and Water Park), the rest range from meh to shit.

Thinking about episodes like Wolf Cola: Public Relations Nightmare, Old Lady House, The Gang Turns Black and Making Dennis A Murderer and I can't recall ANY dialogue or anything that was funny.
For the last few seasons only about 20% of the episodes have actually been passable, or good enough that I'd want to rewatch them in the future, the rest are just entirely forgettable.

Dee's dating a retard is the best episode, actually

This.
So glad I watched it, the only ep I didn't liek was Cricket's and I had the reveal spoiled so that didn't help. Dennis's decision on the finale had me dropping my jaw in awe, I can't believe they're making such a strong move with actual effect in the show.

The best episode will always be S1 E1.
Set the standard of what to expect without actually being surpassed.

Mac and Dennis move to the suburbs didn't really grab me desu. It had potential, but I hardly laughed, and everyone hyped it up so much that I didn't really understand why it was considered anything special.

Ma nigga. Best episodes ever. The fucking grenade..

i liked it when everyone knew he was gay but him, i don't like his self realisation of him being gay because he's meant to be arrogant

>flanderization in sunny

This is always the best way to find out when a person doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about. If you actually re-watch the first season, you will find that the characters all display the same level of depravity that makes them who they are, all the way to the latest season. I have seen the show many, many times repeatedly, I know it inside out, I make appropriate references to it all the time, but I would always skip the first season because I remember it being difficult to watch and get into, after all, the gang becomes the gang once frank joins. But I decided to give it a go and that's when I made the revelation that 12 seasons in, and the characters have remained immune to flanderization by being repugnant from the very beginning. Every single character trait we know in them is present, and not by a vastly smaller degree either.

I can't stand Danny DeVito and his obnoxious gargoyle voice. He is not funny or even nice to look at.

You must be the one man in existence who doesn't find Danny Devito endearing.

This. Allowing underage drinking, flip-flopping on abortion stances for sex, using cancer as a pickup tactic. Those are, at their core, some of the most fucked up things they've ever done all for different reasons

are you me

Best scene in Sunny history
youtube.com/watch?v=BEHGPrNETvo
>I gotta go fill Dee's dick hole

Reminder that anyone that dislikes Who Pooped The Bed? is a pleb of the highest order

would you go so far as to call him a pit of despair?
youtube.com/watch?v=AWm9TGsqy7o

Being Frank

I liked season 12, but Dennis is the best character I'm hoping he just ditches the wife and kid and is back in the start first episode of next season.

Nope, they could of gone the easy way out and focused on trump but they didnt

"Dennis and Dee go on welfare" is my high point of the series with so many high points.