Why are the females always more human-like than the males in animal talking shows?

Why are the females always more human-like than the males in animal talking shows?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HumanoidFemaleAnimal
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Makes it easier to fap to

Degenerate creators/animators that want waifus. Jew executives that want to capture the degenerate/furfag waifu-luster demographic and induct youths into said demographic. Cultural views on male-female dualism wherein the female must be pure and conform to a certain aesthetic. Kids' cartoon needs discrete, easily distinguishable genders and traits; since "male" is considered the default, anatomy and features that actively signify "female" are used, which requires a more human form in general. Whatever other nonsense answer satisfies your stillborn attempt at discussion.

Who knows? Maybe it's easier to animate?

You know exactly why, don't bullshit me. We know why you made this thread.

Because females are idealized in most cartoons/comics.
Seriously, find me 3 shows that have more varied female bodytypes than they have male ones.

The One who can never be named without causing shitstorms
Teenage Robot
Gumball

There I did it, what do I win?

Stealth thread

Post some "Stealth"

New Swat-Kats, when?

There was a kickstarter or something, so I'm going to say it's dead and the creators are using fan-interest to make a living for themselves now.

It's sad. T-Bone will never return to TV with his husky cat ass.

because it's harder to tell apart human-specific masculine characteristics from animals' since males have the default body for each species, the one that builds muscle mass and distributes fat more efficient for physical activity.

Well, Comic Con is 'round the corner. It's a good time to make an announcement.

I love how these two have cool looking faces thanks to the masks just covering their eyes but the moment they take them off they have the goofy Hanna Barbara style to them

First post correct post.

The answer is patriarchy.

glorious patriarchy.

I really liked the parts of the show when they were just chilling and goofing around on casual attire.

>Roman husbands had the right to sell any member of their family into slavery for any reason if they so chose

stephen galaxy

I think Arthur is the only case where the opposite can be true

not really

people just get hung up on the females being more humanoid because they find them prettier and can't explain why. A ton of swat kats background characters were really human-like both in build and facial structure.

Thats terrifying.

how about a swat kats thread tho

Felina is best

>easier to fap
not if you're furry ;__;

Why is she so perfect?

>not if you're the wrong type of furry ;__;
fixed

>You will never be a hot shot pilot that gets shot down.

>dat felina

Best girl.

Because drawing females as sexy is seen as normal. No one would want it any other way.

callie briggs is NOT DEGENERACY!!!!!

fuck you you fucking asshole!!!!

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HumanoidFemaleAnimal

God bless you, Plague.

>people just get hung up on the females being more humanoid because they find them prettier and can't explain why. A ton of swat kats background characters were really human-like both in build and facial structure.

Thats from the animu season 2

cept that studio also worked on S1 and all designs were made in the US on both seasons anyway

Dr. Viper, I'm Enforcers.

other size comparison

Because they want to make them less attractive? Seriously, Callie needs some fur detail. I don't want a human with point ears. If I did, I'd lust after elves.

feel sorry for you if you think this is unattractive

Sex appeal

Wow I forgot how shit the animation in Swat Kats really was.

Really and truly OP, it's sex appeal.

But those designs WERE NOT DRAWN BY THE JAPAENESE, those were american designs by american hannah barberian artists.

>always
Wrong

Galaxy High
Monster High
Steven Universe
If you give me like 10 minutes I could come up with more.

she actually doesnt look good there, too human.

you only think she looks too human because her face is not detailed enough to stick out, no human actually has puffy cheeks like this, it's an ambiguous cartoon trait.

It's just not for me. Sup Forums has monthly threads about the Chipettes, but they're in the same boat.

obligatory

Straights need to fap to things that at least look like humans if they're going to be degenerate furry trash. Callie's alright though, she's cat enough in comparison to many others of her ilk.

Enforcer Sgt. seems like a Big Guy.

Those two looked cute without the masks. I wish there was more time with them being casual like that.

Especially Chance. Chance was the cutest boy.

I do too, it shows what great husbando material they make

Because human girls and pretty and animals are gross.

Hot damn

Because the designers are hacks

not only in cartoons, you can see the dimorphism is pretty much any media, from mmorpgs to ancient art. Women are always idealized as beautiful, non-biological/sublime beings. Regardless of how much you distort the face and body of a fictional monster or animal, the females will always call back to human feminine form, be more clothed and be readily recognizable, unless you want "the monster is a she" joke

>Kids' cartoon needs discrete, easily distinguishable genders and traits; since "male" is considered the default, anatomy and features that actively signify "female" are used
Sup Forums aside most of this is right but this is the main one I think

Best cats. Prove me wrong

From what I've seen most female fans want to fuck characters like T-Bone and Razor just as much as male fans want to fuck Callie.

I mean I know the male gaze is absolutely a thing and maybe I'm just being a tad sexist here but it seems like keeping the facial features human is more important when it comes to finding something attractive for men than it is for women.

Easy. Look at OP's pic. Or mine.

I want to fuck Callie while getting spit roasted by T-Bone and Razor

Try and have the right opinion next time.

Animation, and general storytelling, is all about exaggeration. To make a joke funny, or a character appear male/female, you have to exaggerate certain things so that the average viewer knows without a shadow of a doubt what character they're looking at, and where they fit.

For example: The male cats of that show look like cats (versus humans), and have white eyes like batman, and extreme angled clothing and sharp angled whiskers/hair/etc. Boys like characters that are animalistic (Street Sharks, Thunder Cats, Beast Wars, etc), tough, sharp, or mysterious like super heroes in the past.

This explains why they look most like actual cats and have all of these traits mentioned above.

Naturally, a female character will look most feminine in various ways. Notice how she still has a cat nose, and a cat smile, but they're almost indistinguishable from a regular human female face. Notice how her eyes are blue, and feminine with long black eyelashes? Notice also how the various curves on her face, hair, and body are smooth rather than sharp? She also has a thin waist and comparatively full/large breast. By designing a human-looking female you're achieving two things: You're making the character still look appealing and sexy for boys (she is the prize to protect), and you're still making the character feminine and beautiful enough for young females to idolize (she is the competition, and so should gain attention and respect).

Regardless, the most important thing occurs with this goal: Getting the widest diversity of viewers who are INVESTED in the characters. They CARE about them.

Because they care, they'll return each week and buy the toys. This is the most important thing about character design, and it's very clearly a product of the time.

Whether it's ethical or sensitive to the feelings of females, or even males, is irrelevant.

Little girls are just as much more interested in humanized characters to relate to as the boys who fantasize about them for other reasons. Have you seen children's fanart? Girls draw everything like it's a bratz doll.

females are neotenic.

Everyone forgets about the best cat.

the gayfags and girls all like their males fat and bara

Swat Kats' issue came from them orginally all having old Hanna Barbera designs. This was back when they were literally Swat Kats and part of a swat team, including Callie, who looked a weird version of Tom from Tom and Jerry.

The show went through a lot of different iterations before it became more realistic looking. Jake and Chance used to be way, way more cartoony.

i need this thread for reasons

BECAUSE WOMEN ARE BASICALLY ANIMALS ANYWAYS SO WHEN THEY ARE ANTHROPOMORPHIZED THERE ISN'T MUCH DIFFERENCE

Anyone have that study that talked about how all the female talking animal characters is the reason furries are so common today? I remember it beingba pretty interesting read.

To make them more sexy in the traditional way.

Also laziness.

There you go, aren't any more answers that aren't bullshit.

MONTHLY?? Co can't go a week without threads about the semi pedo versions of the Chippettes (even though the movie versions were actually more attractive. I said it)

So does anyone want me to dump the concept art pics I took at anime matsuri

Every anthropomorphic creature instantly associating with furries and marked as a bad thing. Also, hypocrites.

Why do you have a trip kiddo? You must be new here, but you don't need a trip.

Just some. Molly mange and background character were cat headed.

Maybe it was an ethnicity kind of thing.

Sure! I like the one where Manx was a villain.

Your lucky I checked back on this thread

Bought a few games off steam so this will give a chance to load them up while my game downloads

>I swear to Jupiter, Claudius Junior, if you don't eat your fucking vegetables I'm selling you at the next auction!

>Apocalipse
>No cat puns

Thanks for the upload

If Jews wanted to generate waifus and shit, why is there so little merchandise for them? You'd think they'd popularize body pillows for kids now

Is this Plague?

I wish I took a better picture of viper

You can't make it too obvious because of age restrictions. It's not even about soccer moms, it's about lawyers who will jump you as soon as you stop playing by the rules.

And this is it

I honestly wish I could have taken more pictures but when you have a big ass line of people wanting to get the same things it gets pretty hard

Plus con security wanted to get everyone out so they could get ready for the next panel

It is unattractive you furry faggity faggot, the snout mouth looks fucking ugly and in real life this girl would be uncanny valley nightmare fuel and you'd rather castrate yourself than fuck it

you didnt took pics of the callie at the beach sketch?

They didn't have it