Bravo, Miller

Bravo, Miller.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zDBOVrGG3ug
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Azzarello you mean

Sometimes I think Brian "time to shit" Azzarello is doing it for the lulz, writing shit while using Frank's name.

Are we Superman fans supposed to praise him for giving a few good showings after almost literally crappy on the character... Several times??

that, that kryptonite rain isnt it?

the filename says dark knight 3...

*SIGH

op could you begrudgingly explain the premise?

he's still writing this shit

Not OP,

Takes place after DKSA, superman is frozen in place, Lara has grown up, Kandor citizens get resized by the atom but turns out that a cult has taken over the survivors, now they want to dominate the planet.

>superman is frozen in place
so is that metal man Superman or is that Steel (the black guy not the Metal Man)?

It's Superman

It's raining diluted kryptonite and Bruce is too old to take on multiple kryptonians by himself so Supes is helping him

Whenever you see Batman NOT berating Clark or calling him names, that's Azzarello.

This is great though

>Batman makes synthetic kryptonite rain over Gotham to weaken the Kandorians
>He's too old to fight them, is being beaten
>Superman (in lead armor to protect him from the kryptonite rain) shows up
>"I got your back"

C'mon, this is 10/10
It's just the art that is stupid

It's a win-win situation for him. If it's bad, they'll blame Miller, and if it's good they'll say it's because of him.

I dunno, I keep seeing people who genuinely think Miller is scripting it and got "it" back

Alan Moore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Frank Miller

Miller is definitely back, they delays are almost certainly because he wanted more creative control

Did he say anything about rape of Watchmen?

oh fuck off Miller likes Superman you faggots, Miller loves superheroes
this "Miller is the edgiest man ever" meme needs to die

No. I'd say they're equally good writers but Miller is also a good artist so he's a better comic creator

>Sometimes I think Brian "time to shit" Azzarello is doing it for the lulz

No he's actually THAT bad of a writer
How he keeps getting work is a wonder to me

>Miller is also a good artist
haha no

Nah, the delays are definitely because Miller realized he isn't dying so he's trying to exert more control. The last issue felt much more like Miller than the previous ones.

haha yes?

Just because you have fuck awful taste doesn't mean you are correct

Haha yes

Frank Miller is one of the greatest artists to come from The Big 2

This is really fucking good. You just have shit taste

Kryptonite rain is up there with Injustice's Kryptonian superpills in the plot contrivances to make Batman worth a damn when Superman is around list.

Why does Bruce look like he aged more than everyone?

Because he was the craziest and most dedicated while also the least powerful superhero so the life really fucked him up

fuck off, just because you were some occupy wall street faggot and got mad that Miller smashed your hugbox, you don't have to retroactively hate his work

Some people pay too much attention to technical skill and not storytelling ability.

Got beat up a lot

How does Millers dick taste?

Better than your shit taste

>Miller likes Superman
Spoken like someone who has no idea what he's saying.

>the art isn't bad, you just don't get it

>Miller loves superheroes
True, but not the way that Geoff Johns or Morrison does

Superheroes to Miller are toys that let him tell fun absurd stories. He hates the reverence some fans and pros have for the history of characters. Miller doesn't believe in " not muh"

>How he keeps getting work is a wonder to me
>wonder
>Wonder Woman
There's your answer.

Spoken like someone who only superficially understands comics and takes everything Miller says at face value.

>How he keeps getting work is a wonder to me
Low standards

>d takes everything Miller says at face value

There's a book that's just a transcribed dialogue between Frank Miller and Will Eisner where Miller admits that he loves trolling comic fans.

how does being a poor basement dweller taste? like ramen, cheetos and mountain dew? get a job faggot so you can buy comics

Speaking of which, I'm going to my comic shop for my pulls for the week, which are only two so far:

Captain America Steve Rogers #2
Dark Knight Masterace #5

Is the Inhumans run right now any good? Any recommendations?

>I know!
>I'll insult everything that literally has nothing to do with the subject matter!
>that'll show him I'm right!
Why are millerfags the worst?

People just can't enjoy things being cool anymore. I haven't read it yet, and it sounds kind of retarded, but I can still appreciate the coolness of this pic.

>Is the Inhumans run right now any good?

Now that's just going too far. You can call us basement dwelling fags all day long, but never, ever, suggest that we read Inhumans.

>It's just the art that is stupid
Yeah that's what is keeping me from reading it. Kubert's art is incredibly boring and stale. It doesn't look like a DK title, it looks like any other DC book

>No he's actually THAT bad of a writer
But he is not bad in anyway.
Joker & Luthor are fucking masterpieces & his Wonder Woman run is great.

No, the paneling & choreography is good, but the rendering, the details, the anatomy, the angles, the perspective & the coloring is god fucking awful.

>Joker & Luthor are fucking masterpieces

Not by a longshot

>& his Wonder Woman run is great.

His ex-wife wrote most of that for him

>occupy wall street faggot
Reminds me of this. youtube.com/watch?v=zDBOVrGG3ug

This is legitimately the most retarded-looking costume I have ever seen.
He looks like one of those statues Congo people worship.

So he's a great storyteller you just don't like the aesthetics?

Jamie no

>Joker & Luthor are fucking masterpieces

Storytelling is of little relevance when your cringing at the story being told because it looks so silly and stupid.
And no, his storytelling is good for that fight scene, it fails in many other places in the book.

>not liking based black bolt and the inhumans

whats wrong with you?

Hey, fuck you. 100 Bullets was god-tier pulp crime run.

Even in TDKR Batman respected Superman in his way, they weren't super friends but they were still kinda friends otherwise even the famous fight would be over pretty quick. Batman was more judgemental about how Superman would let a corrupt government give him orders than anything else and that's why they didn't see eye to eye.

i'm really starting to think after like issue 2 or 3 something happened to give Miller strength to work on these. The JrJr issue and now this one that was great. been turning around

>Storytelling is of little relevance
I disagree. Storytellign is the most important skill an artist can have. Just covering a page in detail does not make someone a good artist. Anatomy doesn't matter, especially since Daredevil showed that Miller can render a human body, he's more of a cartoonist now and loves using impressionism in his art.

Also the colors look great. Lynn Varley was at the top of her game with DKR and Ronin

I like it, it's a nice balance between awesome and absurd.

The spitcurl is a lovely touch, and it's good seeing Bruce and Clark not fighting each other in a Miller story.

Also, all superhero stories are silly and stupid. People shouldn't take stories about a man dressing up like a bat to fight reject Dick Tracey villains so seriously

>not reading Black Bolt looking mad while some flaming twink bangs his wife.

We may need to work on the definition of "based"

>it fails in many other places in the book.
Post them

>Muh anatomy

Frank Cho did accurate anatomy on his take on the fight and it looked absolutely blander than Miller's.

Superman fans are idiots that will huff and puff until they're blue in the face about miller shitting on Clark. It's not worth the effort.

All they see (because they don't read the words) was Batman kicking Clark in the face and they immediately run to their "muh powerlevel doeee" corner until they read some Superman Prime bullshit.

>POSTING THE BIGGEST FUCKING SPOILER OF THE WEEK IN THE OP

I'd like to see that

>of the week
>implying people care that much about DKIII

You are a fucking idiot, you do know that right

You mean like you did?
Jesus christ you are dumb.

1/2

just keep digging yourself in to a hole, user.

2/2

says the butthurt superman fanboy?

Why does Superman need a fat suit?

Wow that IS bland

It's raining diluted kryptonite

See? Anatomically correct, but really bland dynamics compared to Miller's. There was more impact in the punch in

Okay, so then why does Batman need a fat suit?

To fight Kryptonians that have only been weakened by the diluted Kryptonite but can still fight back like strong human beings

>Don't talk to me or my dead wife's son ever again

Because he's like 60 years old and is about to fight some kryptonians

I am really glad im not reading this crap, and even more happy I'm not paying good money for a sad watered down version of the arc from Invincible. But it makes Batfags happy I guess.

Superfag pls

I loved all of that fight!
The big 'NOOOOO' was the coolest shit!

>Miller is also a good artist
Moore's better

A good artist? No way man, you must not have read dark knight strikes again, that's some fullon MS paint shit.

>This post

I will never shittalk Miller's art again, I completely forgot about Cho's boring ass version of this.

Although Cho has always been stiff and style-less, it's still a valid point.

>those faces
Wow this art is shit.

reminds me of this

Good, but not better.

Yeah I think the best comics are made when the writer/artist are the same person.

>Is the Inhumans run right now any good
Uncanny is pretty good except for the Medusa chapters.
All new is good, but it is makes one too many X-men parallels.

If your are a Black Bolt characterfag then you should probably read uncanny Inhumans 0-6 and stop because he is just gone from the book after that.

Karnak, is good if have not read a lot of Ellis otherwise it will feel like a repeat of his usual stuff.

He can be a great writer if 100 Bullets is any indication, it's certainly better than the vast majority of the drivel Marvel and DC churn out nowadays.

nigga thats poor as shit, has talent but looks half assed as fuck