Why didn't any of you tell me this cartoon was absolutely amazing...

Why didn't any of you tell me this cartoon was absolutely amazing? I decided to start the series last week and I would have binged faster if I knew I could have watched the finale live.

Wander thread

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/walt-disney-encourage-disney-to-make-wander-over-yonder-season-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

in before Skeleton Dance

But we did, nobody is listening

Sign the petition and write a letter

>Why didn't any of you tell me this cartoon was absolutely amazing?

All you had to do was listen. Now it's too late.

But why was it canceled? Did it have bad ratings? Not enough overarching plot to take Gravity Falls' place?

Well a few things made it come to an end. Switching from Disney channel to Disney XD killed it's ratings. Also Disney didn't want the show to have a plot. They just want stand alone episodes. Since they can get more ratings on reruns. So they just ordered a certain number of episodes that can be used to fill time slots. Craig had a whole long post about it on his tumblr. Also the show had no merch which is where Disney makes most of it's money.

The game was rigged from the start. They never wanted the thing to be a hit, they just wanted an episodic cartoon show to re-run when they run out of live action shit to spam. Craig and the team originally wanted this show to be more story-driven with an overarching plot, but Disney didn't let them. It started off to really good ratings, so they moved it to a subscription-only channel in a bad timeslot to have an excuse not to let it continue.

We'll all be happy to talk more about it on No Season 3 Saturday and Wandering Wednesday

I'd wear a Dark Matter shirt.

here's something more detailed

I swear, if OP's been a fan of Gravity Falls long before it ended (or SvtFoE, for that matter), and is JUST NOW checking out WOY, this kid must've been part of the problem for the cancellation (just like all the bandwagoners who waited till Dominator showed up to watch it).

Nope. Just fairly new to Sup Forums and have been tackling cartoons that I see posted little by little. Gravity Falls will probably be my next show, but I'm a little put off that Disney let that show have plot, but could have canceled WOY because of it.

Gravity Falls was allowed to have it because it was extremely popular

Disney are evil fucks who hate their own animated tv shows.

We're doing Wandering Wednesday and Sobbing Saturday, user.

More like first for skeleton dance, amirite?

Because it was Woy's time to go.

>never given a fair chance
>time to go

Is there a mega about? I missed the last 6ish episodes.

Thanks!

A humble end, but a happy end for a damn good show.

Kisscartoon.com

I honestly don't blame anyone except Disney for its fate. Literally all they had to do was keep it on Disney Channel and it could've been the next P&F, but they're so obsessed with generic live-action garbage that they purposefully shot themselves in the foot and made both of their channels suffer for it.

>anthropomorphized female Mickey killing Wander

I-I'm not ready for this level of horror Sup Forums

So did anyone else catch the American space capsule at the end? Does that mean Hater was really a money skeleton like the fan theory said?? That's fucked up and sad Disney, goddamn.

It was more or less confirmed that he was, yes. Another user had pointed it out earlier, but his origin sounds similar to Simeon's from Dexter's Lab.

So i just finished watching the finale.

Did they really decide to end the series without dealing with dominator? The last lines of the series were seriously "I'll show them"?

Apart from hater going nuclear that was a really dissapointing series finale. Hell the first season finale was way better.

If you don't acknowledge the ending animatics it's the perfect ending

The bit at the end was their "just in case the petition works" thing. Sure it's open ended, but it ended well.

I still want season 3. Fuck you Disney.

Disney allows for a straight to video movie that's only 45 mins long

Do you think the WoY could pull something off to make Sup Forums happy

If we got more than one absolutely. One to go into character back story and one to resolve Dominatrix to make us happy.

>dominatrix

this is the best autocorrect, if its an autocorrect.

One for Hater that does the back story

The next one is dominator

The last is resolved what ever problem arises from the first part that goes into the second part

>>anthropomorphized female Mickey killing Wander
That's disney-tan.

>that pic

Something that won't give my computer cancer pls

They dealt with her. She's defeated and sulking in her own misery. The last lines were more to show that she's bitter and alone but won't admit it.

WoY reruns get more views than premieres, so Disney shut down the latter to make bank on the former.

I don't get the turtle

turtle head poking out.

I thought that was a dick thing
Oh wait, americans don't have foreskins
My bad

Man I love that image. It's so hilarious and heartwarming.

And then it all went to hell in My Fair Hatey...

It's good. Only site that gives you HD stuff without viral cancer and shit.

The animatic at the end was a punch in the guts. They were so confident with getting a 3rd season and they didn't get that.

I'll miss Dominator but I'm not too sad it has been cancelled.

Shit image.

>I'll miss Dominator but I'm not too sad it has been cancelled.
its a shame people like you exist, but I'm not too sad you'll eventually die.

it left things reasonably tied up while leaving the door open for a third season, should it ever happen

mccracken said months ago it wasn't gonna be a definitive ending, i don't know why so many people expected that

>mccracken said months ago it wasn't gonna be a definitive ending, i don't know why so many people expected that
everyone misunderstood when he said "i had enough time to rewrite the ending"

we didn't know he meant just the credits

So, we're having a Wander thread on Friday rather than Saturday this week?
Well, here's the info that is usually posted in these threads:

OBLIGITORY PETITION: change.org/p/walt-disney-encourage-disney-to-make-wander-over-yonder-season-3
MAILING ADDRESSES:
Gary Marsh
3800 W. Alameda ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

MAILING ADDRESS FOR DISNEYXD (CALIFORNIA):
Disney XD
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521

MAILING ADDRESS FOR DISNEYXD (CANADA):
Disney XD
Brookfield Place
181 Bay Street, PO Box 787
Toronto, Ontario
M5J 2T3

MEGAS: mega:///#F!UVpDWYDb!Sq8NJ9nYa1O8e_nKpmASzQ

#saveWOY

Did they have a different animatic for the credits? I'm actually curious on what it was before they changed it

What's this money skeleton theory?

heh spaceballs

some screenie in the waste of time episode

>but I'm not too sad you'll eventually die.
>over a decent cartoon show ending and not being too bothered over it
Wow, you're a really unpleasant person. I feel bad for you.

For the record I'll miss the whole show, I liked all of it, Dominator was my favourite is all.

I'm not too sad that it has been cancelled because I don't think it needs a 3rd season, it is fine where it is and ended on a high note.

If it does pick up again, awesome. If it doesn't, its still good for what we have.

heh, yeah.

>Why didn't any of you tell me this cartoon was absolutely amazing?
For years, user. For years people have been saying this was good.
I mean, I'm always glad when more people check it out, but it's really kind of a bit late.

>I'm not too sad that it has been cancelled because I don't think it needs a 3rd season, it is fine where it is and ended on a high note.
THIS was the fucking point I was referring to, and how "dominator was the best!" line to go right in there to put salt in the wounds

>i dont think it needs a 3rd season
you know nothing do you? this isn't coming from a fan who wants more, the next season was officially planned for backstory of the main characters and he was denied

Whoa buddy, you need to chill out. You're kinda reminding me of MLP fans and their spergfits when someone isn't totally 100% into their thing.

think i'm going to pick up a buddhism for dummies and see how much of it relates to wander

weird

A lot, actually.

Wander's steadfast refusal to do anything but accept Dom as she was rings of practical Buddhism. The majority of "real" (non-Western hippie) buddhism is devoted towards universal loving-kindness and the ability to let things be as they are. As we see with Wander it's not always the safest philosophy, but I am impressed they really stuck with it in Robomechabotatron and others and refused to ever have him raise his hand against a fellow creature.

It was very uplifting to see a true pacifist character for once. I would say the other example is Dr. Who, but he kills people like every week now on the show because of Steven "What the fuck is pacifism I want the Doctor to be a sexy badass and fuck all the bitches because he's my self insert" Moffat.

Well said, I really love Wonder as a character.
I wish I knew someone that nice. And someone as loyal and cool as Sylvia.
Snufkin is another good example of a true pacifist.
>I would say the other example is Dr. Who,
Classic Who, yeah, I can see it. Sure he did kill things, but only in a "my life or theirs thing".

Nu who can fuck off.

>The majority of "real" (non-Western hippie) buddhism is devoted towards universal loving-kindness and the ability to let things be as they are
Buddhists are allowed to fight back, buddhism isn't about loving everything, it's actually about letting go of earthly desires and wants to attain nirvana

You might be thinking of Jainism, while Buddhism does teach aspects of non-violence, that's only some specific paths

>buddhism isn't about loving everything,
I thought it did acknowledge how everything is interrelated and interwoven to an extent. Might not be universal love but surely is at least "don't be a dick for no reason"

>I thought it did acknowledge how everything is interrelated and interwoven to an extent
Yeah, like Karma, but what you're talking about is still closer to Jainism
Wander is more of a Jainist than a Buddhist

Fair enough.
What school of Buddhism are you referring to?

By school do you mean overarching principles of thought or specific temples and locations
Because one of the more famous temples that subscribed to tenets of non-violence while actively teaching their monks how to defend themselves would be the Shaolin temple and all of it's branches

Overarching. I like the Shaolin monks though. I agree with their beliefs more than Wander's/Jainism, if only for practicality.

I'd say remake another one Saturday with the links in the OP.

so this is what our threads are now..?

Clarify what you mean by that.

Nah I think people are waiting for Saturday and keeping this quiet as to not draw attention to it. We wanna keep the threads alive as much as possible. At least what I'm assuming.

would anyone like to help me in starting an /aco/ thread tonight?

Enforce a no-Dominator rule because she's had her own threads there before

that's a dumb idea, there would like 10 images. The point of making a thread is because we havent had one in a while. Only requirement should be that it's WOY themed

Can someone help me buy a fucking shirt? I went to the provisional store and clicked Disney XD and then the page just went blank for me.

whats the homeless guy and the arches supposed to be?

I think the homeless guy is simply "bum"

As for the arches, I'm completely stumped.

Where are you even seeing these? I want a shirt.

As long as the domfags don't get mad at the skeleton dancefags and vice versa

The Disney Store. Under the Personalization Shop. You can get a shirt and select DIsney XD and get a Wander image popped onto the shirt.

>100 dollars could get me a watchdog messenger bag to carry my pedalboard to gigs.

Fuck this is tempting.

i can't believe it's fucking over

I'm thinking of marathoning it for myself...but after I re-watched SWAT Kats.

Those are BUTTresses

I started the series last week as well and finished it today. Watched it because of that damn "bad guy" video that was floating around since it showed Hater and I think he looked cute.

So happy it got a proper ending.

Dominator has no ship, no army, no volcanium x, and no excavator. She's not a threat anymore.

Wander's speech got to her and now she's acting a lot like Hater.

DELETE THIS

But who is Monkeyboy?

I'd like to see more Peppers x Sylvia fan art.

Episodes in which the four mains were cooperating and fighting together are my favorite ones anyway and Silvia and Peepers were always the badasses of the team.

I only watch series after they end. Even if I wanted to watch it while it airs, I live in Africa so I'll will for ever be weeks behind.

You got two seasons, stop fucking crying.

eat a dick

I've been lurking in these threads ever since you guys started making a general for the show. Thanks for everything guys!

How did this series end anyways?

What does that male target(I don't know that symbol) mean.

Hater saves the galaxy from Dominator (a much more evil villain who had destroyed all but one planet in the galaxy, if you haven't seen any of S2), and Wander saves her life. She has a meltdown as he keeps trying to offer her friendship and tsunderes her way offstage.

Hater then resumes chasing Wander.
>"Nothing. Ever. Changes."

Hater fucks Dominator's ship so hard it explodes. She's now without a ship, armor, or army and fucks off. Hater is finally happy and begins chasing Wander again.

It's Uranus.

sour apple ass

HATES GREAT!!
BEST VILLAIN!!