Cast it

Cast it.

>Molly (cyberwaifubaitpunk)
>Case (/ourguy/)
>Armitage (the boss)
>Linda Lee (1st love interest)
>The Finn/Dixie (assorted exposition people)
>the AIs (Wintermute, Neuromancer)
>Maelcum the Rastafarian Pilot
>Lady 3Jane Marie-France Tessier-Ashpool (last boss)

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/concept-art-from-the-neuromancer-movie-that-never-was-1708834026
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Meanwhile I'll post concept art from the latest attempt at making it. The mangaka who did Knights of Sydonia and Blame! drew some/most of these.

io9.gizmodo.com/concept-art-from-the-neuromancer-movie-that-never-was-1708834026

Bump
I'd love seeing a well made movie adaption of this book

It could be Ghost in the Shell but actually good, since GitS was shitty writing even in the original so the adaptation to Live Action was always doomed to fail. Also GitS looked amazing so all you'd have to do was copy that + Neuromancer plot and boom you're good.

This one is awesome. Exactly how I envisioned it.

>Molly
Honestly no idea.

>Case
Gosling. He's autistic enough for it. Plus I need memes of Gosling wearing the Deck.

>Armitage
Mark Strong

>Linda Lee
Not sure, someone kind of uncanny valley looking so the scene in the bunker at the end is more unsettling.

>Dixie
Bradley Cooper might be cool. He seems alright playing supporting roles.

>Lady 3Jane
Elle Fanning

>Maelcum
Idris Elba for the memes

Pretty good book if you haven't read it.
The way he describes the atmosphere and the shit the main character feels as he 'jacks in' is fucking surreal.

Some storyboards.

>The way he describes the atmosphere and the shit the main character feels as he 'jacks in' is fucking surreal.
Yeah exactly. The aesthetic is like nothing else I've read it's awesome and vividly described. Which is weird considering this was written like 30-40 years ago now or whatever, and we are living in an approximation of his original vision at least.

>pretty boy gosling
pretty sure case is an ugly degenerate drug addict

>Gosling. He's autistic enough for it. Plus I need memes of Gosling wearing the Deck.
laughed heartily at that image, i don't think he is geeky looking enough though

Case should be a pale as shit dude with unkempt hair and the like, definitely not someone who is starting in fucking La La Land

>Mark Strong as Armitage
Consider that Armitage was also the war vet, and now is an automaton essentially controlled by the AI

hard to find a guy able to portray those two very different sort of characters

I think Strong would only be good at the first part, and not so much the 2nd where he would have to show almost no emotion except efficiency and brutality

Actually Paul Dano as Case and Gosling as Armitage might be good. Gosling screaming at Dano and sperging out about >muh Russians AA missiles while Case cowers.

accept pkd was the only acceptable source material for this genre

>Gosling as Armitage
just stop pushing this brah

honestly gosling would work better as a fucking twink Molly than big man armitage or weak shit Case

mfw that image of long hair qt Gosling burned into my retinas now

fug

Wow could you please not post images unless they are directly related to neuromancer? thank you

Unfortunately, its been ripped off so much the movie would feel generic as fuck. Same thing that happened to John Carter of Mars.

>Gosling as Molly
Would watch/10

What cyberpunk's did pkd write?

t. lit noob

Oh wow. I wish I could go back to not knowing about these books and read them for the first time again.

>A Scanner Darkly
>Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep
>Martian Time-Slip

Case

just because there's no trenchcoats in Darkly and Androids doesn't mean it isn't cyberpunk

I saw the ASD movie which was probably one of the best ever, electric sheep = matrix for me forever so rip that.

I'll read martian time-slip though, thanks

fund it

maybe with less gel in his hair though, needs to be matted with sweat after realizing all his hollywood friends have abandoned him forever

Armatage

ALL /JUST/ CASTING OF A MOVIE WHEN

the matrix was based more on his schizophrenic babbling than electric sheep.. why doesn't it = brade runner?

also neuromancer is actually breddy good, but you know it would just be a terrible hollywood action film if it ever got made. especially with all the cyberpunk stuff in development.

Electric Sheep is Blade Runner, not the Matrix.

FUND IT

Pic Related as Linda

IM DYING

PLEASE GOD FUND THIS HOLY FUCK

200 year old Tessier-Ashpool

I give you, Dixie Flatline.

>has sex with robots that look like his daughter

seems legit

I didn't see the newest Gits but it didn't look so good from what I've seen(unlike the original, simply beautiful)
Do androids dream of electric sheeps is, let's say, proto-cyberpunk
Oh God yes
Trips confirm

The joke is his credit rating has flatlined

GENTLEMAN

I PRESENT

THE FINN

>Captcha ate my picture
HIROE WILL PAY

holy shit is that brad? the fuck happened? did angie suck his blood to nourish the starving african children they adopted or what?

>Neuromancer
>good writing

Do we have a black JUSTice league member?

Never said Neuromancer had a good plot. It has tremendous writing, the aesthetic/atmosphere, character interactions, jargon/dialogue, are all amazing and arguably unparalleled in cyberpunk.

The plot is shitty 5/10 but whatever. Literally gits is inferior to neuromancer in every way.

There are better cyberpunk but maybe they aren't filmable.

>Molly
MEW

>Case
Oscar Isaac

>Armitage
Jon Hamm

>Linda
Jaime Chung

>Jaime Chung
man she's got a pretty good rep

why hasn't she been given all the hot new asian roles?

>Jon Hamm
perfect

not too sure on mew/isaac though

should get rooney mara to channel lisben salander again, easy peasy

isaac is funny because the british dude in ex machina would fit better i'd think