The fart jokes were completely unnecessary and really hurt this movie

The fart jokes were completely unnecessary and really hurt this movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2av9SQsMIi8
youtube.com/watch?v=u630r-mrOKY
youtube.com/watch?v=_Klxy7k3NXA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every single comedy relief sidekick from every 80's/90's disney movie was completely unnecessary and really hurt their respective movies.

OP, with you everything is gas.

What are the necessities of making another regular hipster thread for sperging out about stuff that everyones don't gives a shit?

Yep. So did the gargoyles in Hunchback. And Mushu in Mulan.

Are there any worst and more out of place sidekicks? I can't think of any.

Mushu was not that bad. Same for Flounder and Sebastian

But the raccoon and the bulldog slapstick was the best part of Pocahontas. Wish I was watching a move of them instead of Good Savage 101 Romance

>watching pochaontas
>youtube.com/watch?v=2av9SQsMIi8 start playing
>oh boy there's gonna be a huge battle with guns and indians
>hyped as fuck
>movie ends
>no battle scene

>there are plebs here who don't appreciate the animated kino that was Lion King 1 1/2

It's one of my favorite Disney movies.

They already had the damn goat. Why didn't they take the goat

WHY

THE FUCK

WERE THEY REAL?

If they weren't real, this could have been some of the best wacky sidekicks but then they fucked it up

Nah, this was easily the worst example.

Their presence has absolutely no impact on the movie and only serves to make Quasimodo's time in the belltower not him talking to himself all the time and fill in space with the worst musical number in the movie.

Also Phoebus and Esmeralda BOTH had animal sidekicks so it just seems like the movie overdosed.

Genie seemed pretty integral to the plot in Aladdin.
He was also incredibly funny.

Robin Williams was a special case. Imagine if they had gotten literally anyone else to play the Genie, he'd just be a plot device.

The really intense scenes like Circle of Life, the stampede, Simba fighting Scar, and the ending are still really fucking good and iconic but then most of the other scenes aren't all that great to me. Like literally going from cool moments that emphasize the scenery and everyday lives of the animal characters to cartoony half-assed jokes and puns every 5 minutes (and I'm not just talking about the parts with Timon and Pumbaa).

I'd never say it's a bad movie and I still like it, but at times it feels like it's two different things. I sorta want to see what it would've been like if the whole thing was more serious. Not grimdark or anything, just, like, fewer "funny animals making pop culture references" moments and more focus on the setting and their nonhuman qualities.

this movie is so overrated

>expecting actual fight
>on Disney

Closest we've got was the slow-mo battle of Simba vs. Scar and Prince Philip stabbing Maleficent after lots of running

Even in Mulan all that the huns do is swing swords

Tarzan had some good fight scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=u630r-mrOKY

youtube.com/watch?v=_Klxy7k3NXA

Or more simply put: far more animated films should have been like The Iron Giant

>Mulan
>Scene where the soldiers find a burned out village that the huns massacred
>very next scene has silly comedic relief with mushu and the bug
>followed by an intense battle with the huns

mood whiplash is in every Disney film

No , you silly. Very next scene is a musical number, Disney solution for everything sad. Problem is that the song is not that much optimistic, it's about soldiers not having their loved ones and some never going back home.
Also about woman finding Mulan in uniform hot.

For some reason I always forget Tarzan

A shame since it's such a good movie

I blame Phil Collins

>if they had gotten literally anyone else to play the Genie, he'd just be a plot device

I disagree. Aladdin and Genie formed a very strong bond over the course of the film. Aladdin was literally willing to give up his chances to be with Jasmine to set Genie free. The movie was about more than just Aladdin and Jasmine getting together. It was also about Genie and Al becoming very close friends.

You ever really watch Genie's reaction after being freed from the lamp? It's very evocative. Genie was hardly "just a plot device" even before Williams worked his magic on the character.

Are you forgetting Atlantis? That movie had a huge fight scene and some pretty realistic depictions of guys getting punched in the face.

What? No. "A woman worth fighting for" comes BEFORE they find the burned out village.

They were the least obnoxious fart jokes I've seen in an animated film.

They were supposed to be a figment of Quasimodo's imagination, but they never played up that fact.

I don't even remember fart jokes in The Lion King. I'm assuming they were during some Timon/Pumbaa scene, but which one?

Aladdin is about freedom and what that means

Al was a "free" person, but had to steal to survive, being hated by the whole city, wishing he had "freedom" like the royal people, just to do anything he wanted. Jasmine in another hand, is in the middle of a arranged marriage inside the castle doors and gardens, wishing to be a normal "free" plebeian out there. Both got what they wanted in the movie, but it only makes things worse, running their romantic ideals about someone's else reality

Genie wanted a more literal "freedom", and stop serving people for all eternity. Turns out in the end he is not all happy about it either.

The moral that all characters learn is that true freedom is knowing what you wish for

>Atlantis
>Anything good

ONE LE 90's KIDS likes this.

Pretty much the 90's Black Cauldron

While I do like Atlantis, I never said it was good in my original post. I just said it had a couple serious fight scenes.

Someone always shits on Phil Collins when Tarzan is brought up but I loved the songs in it. Tarzan is one of the few Disney movies I actually own.

There was the part where they were in the "hot tub" and the bubbles stopped when Pumba got out.

Something in his voice really annoys me

The way he tries to force emotional investment may be the cause. His more rock songs worked better for him. In the air tonight still a classic.

Also during Hakuna Matata when Pumbaa is bemoaning the fact that nobody would ever stay downwind of him.

Weirdly enough, I didn't catch either of those when I was a kid.