What

What

Marvel's bullshit is catching up with them

Marvelcucks are tired of getting fucked.

Faith in humanity restored. DC rebirth might rape the watchmen to do it, but it seems to be raping it with decent writing if The Flash was an example. Marvel Civil War is a shit crossover event that has shit writing and shits all over my favorite heroes because Bendis doesn't like them or needed someone to do something and pulled their name out of a hat.

I'm just shocked that it's happening at CBR, of all places.

>DC has a clear cut rise in quality and change in direction
>Marvel is doing the same thing they've been doing for years, only pretending to change
big shock, OP

>i-it's just because of the #1 issues
>DC couldn't do better than Marvel

It's just more of the same, what is there to be excited about?

Has Bendis mention Kitty yet?

Reddit btfo

>Muh company wars
OP eat a dick for poisoning this board

I grew up reading Marvel and love the characters but the last few years have just beat me down and I don't really care anymore. DC bringing Wally back made me interested in them again.

She will be the secret weapon that helps bring down Tony's side. She will phase through all of his tech to destroy it and then give him a long speech about how wrong he is.

I believe that

Naw, new War Machine is going to save the day, generating "hype" for her new ongoing "All New Ironman"

Exactly it. Marvel fails to see how replacing all their core heroes just so that they're less white will backfire. Regardless of the race of the hero, those were the originals and having them all removed in a way that increasingly seems like an editorial mandate is a really shitty thing to do to your long time fans. If it made sense they'd still be selling well, but they do this at the expense of the quality of the books and expect people to still be excited

This desu
There's already marvel Nower threads so go make those shittier

I thought it started and ended with Bendis honestly. It always seems to be his books pulling that crap

Marvel NOW is a shitty marketing gimmick. they didn't even bother coming up with a new name. and the name sucks ass.

What's happening with reddit? Are they delusional or something?

Fucking good, literally only thing i'm reading from Marvel anymore is Moon Knight, and I think he's D-list enough that no one will want to include him in events or rebrandings ever so that's good.

I was pretty much a Marvel fag, but I'm looking to read a lot more DC right now.

At Marvel, most of the stuff I'm still keeping up with is either confirmed as soon being cancelled or on shaky ground one way or another. The only one who seems like he's both good and going to stay around is Ewing.
Not to mention that they're down to one ok X-Men book that's really not getting anywhere and Death of X is probably going to be some ole' bullshit.

I'm happy to check out some books at DC again. I'm confident this time they won't cancel every book I'm reading and chase away their creators.

>Are they delusional or something?
Concerning cape comics it seems like every other place on the internet is either delusional or heavily moderated to never say something negative. Often both at the same time.

>DC's so stupid if they think releasing good comics and making their fans happy will fix their problems.

They need to pander to audiences that don't even buy the books! But they complain about them on twitter!

Rebooting again?

can't wait for avengers #1 collectors edition omg omg omg omg
> strokes his holographic foil covers lovingly

>rebirth is literally "pandering to nostalgia the not-event"
>Marvel is doing new stuff
>people are surprised that "comic fans" prefer old stuff to new

Yeah, enjoy your Wally and NOT-ORIGINAL Superman back I guess.
At least now you can stop acting as if DC isn't as creatively-bankrupt as all the others

>DC still doing new stuff like New Super-Man
>Young Animal
>DCYou like minis
It doesn't hurt to keep your core audience happy

>Marvel fails to see how replacing all their core heroes just so that they're less white will backfire.
Replacing core characters would be cool if people were just willing to buy it when it's done honestly.

But without the core characters and no shoe-horned racial card to make headlines, none of these books would sell.
Noone would read an X-Men book starring entirely New Mutants, Gen-Xers and New X-Men. But they would buy the 6 rainbow coloured OCs they just came up with as long as enough sites started praising it and giving it headlines.

Really, I hate Marvel and comic book readers just about equally. Well maybe I hate Marvel more, because ultimately this all boils down to a complete failure of marketing, as usual with comics.

>>Marvel is doing new stuff

Yes I'm sure Civil War II is much more fresh than Rebirth.

It's just a relaunch Marvel style. But unlike Marvel they actually did have a major change in their paradigm for making comics so it actually sort of makes sense.

>major change in their paradigm for making comics
No. Not with Marvel Now

>>Marvel is doing new stuff

CIVIL WAR II
I
V
I
L

W
A
R

II

MARVEL NOW 3
A
R
V
E
L

N
O
W

I was talking about DC.

>Death of X
It seems its just a variant cover respect thing for the deaths in civil war.
Like these action figure variants and so on.

Wait, if that were the case what ARE they doing after they're done with this apocalypse parallel story?
Surely they can't go more than half a year without an event interrupting the writers.

I would read an X-men book only starring the New Mutants

>It seems its just a variant cover respect thing for the deaths in civil war.

I doubt it, they don't make teasers for variant covers.

Forgot the image.

Have you both forgetten the bitching over them pushing new and old forgetten characters

civil war 2 is what lost me. an event noone liked the first time is brought back for cross promoton? get all the way the fuck out of here. that and they promoted citizen V for marvel now, and he is nowhere to be seen.

>I would read an X-men book only starring the New Mutants
You, me and maybe Al Ewing.

Because they are exclusively doing it wrong on purpose.

The original CW was plenty liked.
It's been one of marvels best selling for years now.

Finally, the worm turns.

>Original CW was plenty liked
Plenty liked =! good

>an event noone liked the first time
It sells well for Marvel. It's a pretty lousy story, but it's been selling consistently well for Marvel ever since it was released in TPB form.

Except said "an event noone liked the first time"

Can you not even be bothered to read what that user was replying to/

plenty does not equate majority. plenty of people like watching scat, but that doesn't mean scat is well liked

selling well doesnt mean liked. i bought the entire civil war run hoping it would get better, and as it failed to do so, i ended up with egg on my face

The normal turn is every year a big event.
Now its more like a chapter that get blown up and try to cross tell.

That was an internet teaser.
As far as i remember after they talked about upcoming stuff the internet crowd got upset of this unknown.
Marvel jumped on the bandwagon to make some uproar.

They make Death of X variants cover on non x-men books.
These covers show the main character of the books dying.
Its clearly no story or event. Its an homage to a death which is at the moment civil war.

Its even a rather easy constructed thing. Not like civil war or this new inhuman body swapper ad.

While that could be true I doubt all 341,856 people who bought is feel that way.

I really hope he goes all in and makes New Avengers a stealth New Mutants book

with the backlash captain america got on its title alone when it launched, theres probably more that lean towards dislike than like

New Mutants + New Warriors. Like, throw Rage, Silhouette and Justice in there too.

Can you not even be bothered to read what that user was replying to/

>That was an internet teaser.

They don't make teasers if it was just a variant month.

Rage is in Captain Falcon

So, I guess they should just change to the logo to MARVEL NO at this point.

Never looked at the sales for it. How bad was the drop off?

Rebirth has been great so far, no wonder people are keen to continue reading it.

Backlash when the title was announced did not translate to reduced ticket sales

For some reason I'm not convinced you didn't steal that from someone, but all the same: nice.

The issue with reddit marvel areas are that most posters are MCU fans who wikipedia characters for comic info.

Oh my god, he actually has a fedora.

Sorry i thought you meant on the comic during Civil War. Not the movie.

Rebirth has put DC tent pole properties in a good place, how can you be complaining about that?

Flash looks like it has a good writer, Rucka WW, King Batsy, Action/Supes off to a good start, Abnett Titans/Aquaman. Hell, only Lanterns got shit on (and nobody cares about Cyborg).

Books like Omega Men and Grayson will never support the company.

because it differed itself from its comic counterpart. it sought out to do what civil war wanted to do, and succeeded.

The reason it had such high sales to begin with was because of the controversy. Sales are back down to normal levels with the second issue.

Sure they do. Not everytime the same mechanics.
The hip hop variants got a sampler as give away. Just for variants.
Thats advertising for just variants.

But they announced outright that it was variants at the start. They didn't do that with Death of X.

Well yeah dc is fixing there mistakes marvels just pulling more of there usual bullshit.

Are you saying marvel is making a change.
I don't believe you dc on the other hand we can see the new better direction unfolding before our eyes

I kind of hope we get that with suicide squad so folks won't be exposed to jokerless Harley.

He wears it every day, it's bizarre he's not even bald

Why should they? You can play it either "reveal something big" or "be as vague to build up interest"
They went with last way. If they just say "homage covers" noone would order it. And if its a big mayor plotline they would advertise it to be a mayor turning point in X-Men.
They didnt.
Otherwise if you think its an event, its just the readers fault. So they play it safe, noone can say they lied or hyped up something with wrong statesment.

The only good thing Marvel does now is just the Cinematic Universe alone.

>nb4 nah the movies are shit

nah the movies are shit

I would love to see dcs take on this concept

Never thought I would say this but I like the squirrel girl one

I like ms marvel

Never thought it would be one of there pandering titles that would save marvel

There are a few good comics they put out, but yeah the majority is bad.

WTF does Reddit have to do with this? Don't spout your little buzzwords here faggot, we like to keep this board clean.

He's probably a sandals and socks guy.

All the new Rebirth 01s are hard to come by in my local comic stores. The new Flash went out instantly. I barely got the superman. People are hyped for rebirth and the fact that I can't read them is evident of this.

The results probably owe to systemic bias, since, you know, people on the internet like to break polls.

They're using a captcha for the poll, though, is that easy for poll breakers to bypass?

I've wandered into about 5 LCS post rebirth. All have sold out of certain titles. Flash and Green Arrow mostly.

GA was because they all ordered very low numbers and completely underestimated the rebirth hype around it.

Clean of what? Reddit? Surely you jest. This board is Reddit.

It can be bypassed by taking the typical personal army route; "Hey everyone, let's vote in a way that fucks with the results."

And they did it with the "Wome of Marvel" variants too.
Made an advertisment and threw some marvel games in it.

>This site is Reddit.
fixed

Why is the title that has ruined green arrow for the next 10 years sold so well.

Fans of the show are buying it.

>an event noone liked the first time
Normies liked it and it is their best selling event in this century, currently best selling trade too.

Good art, Ollie/Dinah.

No, I talked to the LCS owners. They said it's not show bump (that happened previously). Rather, LCS was ordering so few copies of Green Arrow that when Rebirth hype hit they all flew off the shelf.

>Why is the title that has ruined green arrow for the next 10 years sold so well.
Explain?

>gwenpool nearly escaped this fate.

Would be interesting.
Problem is its just a copied thing than.
As far as i remember they did some DC vs Loney toons variants than.