Han Solo

>“It was a culture clash from day one,” the source said. “She didn’t even like the way they folded their socks.”

>The source said that while Lord and Miller were supposedly hired for their vision and distinctive brand of filmmaking when it came to the “Star Wars” production, Kennedy did not approve of their shooting style and process of interacting with actors and crew. “They weren’t given the leeway to do what they had to do,” the source said.

>The duo also clashed with Kasdan, who has been an integral creative part of several “Star Wars” movies, dating back the the 1980 “The Empire Strikes Back.” Like Kennedy, he questioned many of the pair’s directing choices.

>“Kathy, her team and Larry Kasdan have been doing it their way for a very long time. They know how the cheese is made and that’s how they want it made,” said the source. “It became a very polarizing set.”

Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KFjOo00w-H8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kennedy and Kasdan. If it was a main SW movie, I would say Lord and Miller, but a Han Solo solo movie seem like a good place to try new things. It SHOULD'NT feel like a normal SW Episode this and that movie.

Even if everything went well this was going to be a shit film, at this point it's just entertaining to watch the train wreck in progress. I predict prequel-level hate for the final product.

Kennedy did not approve of their shooting style and process of interacting with actors and crew. “They weren’t given the leeway to do what they had to do,” the source said.

Is that saying that Kennedy didn't give Lord and Miller leeway or that Lord and Miller didn't give the actors and crew leeway?

Having Emilia Clarke as the lead female character in a SW movie is just horrible no offence

Why did George put a woman in charge? Did he do it out of spite or did he genuinely believe that she'd do a good job?

Kathleen the Hutt and Lawrence Hackdan are souless hollywood scum.

Lord Miller is Reddit incarnate.

There's no heroes here.

It's going to be weird. The speeder in the movie has wheels on it. Not cgi-them-away-later wheels, but wheels in the movie itself.

I can't help the feeling that they want the Fast and Furious audience since the plot leaked so far is basically a F&F movie on another planet that could easily be earth except for a few aliens here and there.

This. Lord and Miller probably didn't give her more screentime than Alden Ehrenreich, so KK got mad and fired them.

His ex was part of what made the original SW great.

I don't think it was his call.

He wanted to start the fire

THIS
H
IS VERTICAL TEXT
S

Do Lord/Miller have a distinct brand of film making ? All I know is that they made 21 jump street

The movie was fine but it's just an Action Comedy. It's not like Disney hired Parajanov to make a Star Wars film

Nope, he handpicked the bitch

This.
The Rogue One creative differences inspired reshoots, now they fire directors mid production of the Han Solo film. Disney and klKennedy are reinforcing the idea that they only want yesman working on these projects. People who can be pushed around and let the studio, it's with teams of audience response researchers, call the shots.
>who says "action" do you say "action"?
The crybabies who worried that Star Wars would go the way of the Marvel Movies turned out to be right.

They made animated shit and parody shit. wtf?

and Clone High, the most overated show that Millennials love

Well she knows a thing or two about Kryat Dragons, ha ha! XD

>They know how the cheese is made
not sure that was the phrasing they should have gone with

Putting such an incompetent woman in charge might be disturbing but I think I know the reason. This woman has zero creativity, she can't write or make movies, she's just a corporate shill and a social climbers who relied on George, Spielberg and her husband all her life. George thought that this woman wouldn't meddle in the creative process since she doesn't know jackshit and she would be force to let the filmmakers do their thing.
Grave mistake, SW being such a winner, it doesn't matter if the film is pure shlock, it will make billions! Therefore she turned the SW into her retarded feminist fantasy. Now she's even on a power trip firing directors.

Go get pegged loser, Clone High is kino.

this sounds accurate

>Triggered Millennial

>pure shloc

RLM plz go

It's alright, I guess. It's still just a kid's cartoon though.

FPBP

Why was she concerned with how they were folding their socks?

How was she aware of it even? Was she in touch with their housekeepers?

>Why did George put a woman in charge? Did he do it out of spite or did he genuinely believe that she'd do a good job?

Either it was his decision and she betrayed his trust, or it wasn't his decision and she was put in charge by a Corporation, vast, cool and unsympathetic, which found some way of forcing George Lucas into selling Lucasfilm against his will.

I'm inclined to believe the latter. The timing, the price, the terms, even the body laguage of the parties involved in the deal, all point to Lucas being reluctant and unhappy with the sale and the way Disney managed things.

The meme that Lucas sold as a "neener-neener, fuck-you!" to the fans for hating the Prequels needs to die. The idea that he wanted out of SW is blatantly false because he clearly wanted to be involved with things on TFA, but was shown the door.
The idea that he wanted money is false. $4 Billion is below market value for Lucasfilm, and it's chump change for George, as evidenced by how he promptly donated it all to charity.

There goes the chance of an actually good, creative, Star Wars film.

>The speeder in the movie has wheels on it. Not cgi-them-away-later wheels, but wheels in the movie itself.
STAR WARS IS FUCKING RUINED

GENOCIDE FEMINISTS WHEN

HOW MUCH SHE PUTS IN A FEMALE DIRECTOR NOW CUZ MUH WONDER WOMYN, THESE MOVIES ARE ALL DIRECTED BY COMMITTEE ANYWAY SO IT HARDLY MATTERS WHO THEY GET

LESS OF A DIRECTOR MORE OF A PATSY, CORPORATE SHILL

So you're going to go with this theory that he was somehow forced to sell the rights?

>Kasdan, who has been an integral creative part of several “Star Wars” movies, dating back the the 1980 “The Empire Strikes Back.
I love how they phrase that as if it means anything

>They know how the cheese is made and that’s how they want it made

What did she mean by this? I thought this was a star wars film.

What sort of cheese are they talking about here, Edam, Cheddar??

George was tired of being in charge and micromanaging every aspect of Star Wars for 40 years, doesn't mean that he wouldn't want to be an executive producer for TFA

Ever hated someone so much that every movement they made ultimately pissed you off?

I have never found their style of film making distinctive in the slightest, they made the 2 jump street movies and and the Lego movie and they are such standard fair. Nothing special, what am I missing? Why are they so loved?

>Cheese
>Can refer to money
>Can refer to a cheap, inferior product
>Can refer to food a Mouse would enjoy

I think their wording was spot on.

>Can refer to a cheap, inferior product
its clearly this which is why i brought it up

>So you're going to go with this theory that he was somehow forced to sell the rights?
Yes. They had something on him.

Why would anyone go see this shit? A 'young Han Solo spinoff'.

No expanded universe creativity, just cheap knock offs.

You are all being conned.

Take that back about Clone High you stuck up homo

Are we getting a cheese production based film instead? Is this it boys???!?

Nah, nobody forced him. He adpoted his own philosophy of "letting go the thing you sherish the most". Also Lucasfilm needed profitable projects otherwise he should have to lay off employees. His latest projects were all commercial failures Red Tails, Strange Magic.
He said he didn't want to sacrifice ten years of his life making the new trilogy.
But I think it's also Kathleen Kennedy that managed to convince him that he should sell to Disney, they will use his stories and hire the best writers and directors to move the franchise forward. Once he sold, she told him to fuck off with his stories, decanonized the prequels and proceeded to a gender swapped reboot. Lucas always fought against this type of blockbusters, it was a big betrayal.
Unfortunately Disney won't fire KK because she must have had a major role in stealing George babies to pimp them out for a quick big bucks. KK is like those nurses who steal children to sell them to child traffickers and organ harvesters

MOTHER OF DRAGONS AS HAN SOLO THE FORCE IS FEMALE YASSSS

>Interchangeable brown eyed brunette female lead again
I thought Kathleen said these new movies were supposed to be diverse

I believe that it is more to point that the movie is pretty much done filming apart from a few scenes.
Why couldn't she just wait until they finished filming and cut them then?
Plus it is star wars so everyone here lights their torches and grabs their pitchforks for a good witch hunting.

Just to reiterate: If you go to see these movies, you no longer get to complain about the diminishing quality of mainstream cinema.

>a culture clash
youtube.com/watch?v=KFjOo00w-H8

It's typical of a male hating cunt like Kathleen Kennedy and made on purpose. It's called chastisizing. They didn't cater to her passing fancy, then she will not let them cum and have at least the satisfaction of assembling their cut. Eventually in the future that cut could be released to the public. Now, their cut will never happen and whoever ever comes after will just merge some of their stuff with additional footage. It will be a bastard child like Rogue One, no real father, nobody will be able to tell who actually directed the movie.
The only difference between Gareth Edwards and Phil&Miller is that they walked out

I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that the Han Solo movie will undertake 40-60 percent of reshoots. Kathleen made Gareth do it with Rogue One.

If this movie fails which it probably will because no one really wanted it, she will blame the Lord and Miller.
She'll probably bring in a female director to take over.

This

>I'm a speshial snowflake millennial and you hurt my feel-feels!

i for one heartily approve of producer as author. get fucked fifties frenchies

>>The duo also clashed with Kasdan, who has been an integral creative part of several “Star Wars” movies, dating back the the 1980 “The Empire Strikes Back.” Like Kennedy, he questioned many of the pair’s directing choices.

Didn't he also use the good ol' nepotism to get his son the writing gig on this?
Guy's fucking annoying anyway. Acts like he practically created the property, but then when he's finally left to his own means he just creates a carbon copy of the one SW movie he had nothing to do with.

I'm sticking around for the new trilogy (barely) and I'm not even going to bother seeing any of the spinoffs. Money and time I won't get back.

This. So much this.
I can't stand Kasdan.

>Hurr Durr, set photos of speeders have wheels that can't possibly be digitally removed in the current year. I know this because they weren't painted green and my dad works at Disney and Nintendo.

>Why are they so loved?

Because they've made good movies out of ordinary and outright bad material

i had never thought of this but *zing* a female director would really stick to evil whitey male