Homestuck

What the fuck was the point of this character?

>517 posts last thread
we're dead... good night...

He had no point much like homestuck itself

He is irrelevant, like these threads. I'll see you faggots at the Hiveswap general so maybe never

Memes.

*GR485 D11KC5*

Being one of the best characters.

At least until he became Dave's accessory.

Fuck, he was so good too. His dialogue always ensured that you were going to have a good time reading it, but towards the end he was just like "ugguuuu~ i hope that dave is thinking of me".

how come the threads have been kinda quiet lately, are people just moving on?

Is caliborn clutching his crotch in the picture?

Nah, keeping the dress from getting pushed up from the wind

i guess so

Only the past thread was really quiet -- most threads have a lull until around this time. I highly doubt that we're dying out. There are too many people that still care about this stupid comic for that to happen, and drawfriends like you help contribute content that keep these threads alive.

I just noticed that the felt-like green people in Waterworks' interlude are based on the phonetic alphabet.

Post-retcon just felt like Hussie forgot everything about Homestuck and looked to the worst parts of the fandom
Davekat popular? Good idea! And now they're both the only main characters who take all the drama! Nepeta popular? Bring her back!

Regardless of anything else which happened with him, the past, present and future Karkat arguments will forever justify his existence. Some of the best comedy I've read.

Nepeta being brought back, AND merged with one of the best characters, offends me on a physical level.

Yeah we're dying and the only hope is that everyone posts pictures of Caliborn in dresses... It's the only way...

I think someone said a few threads ago that stood out
Pre-retcon, Dave and Karkat were both kind of absurdist. Their comments and rants had a lot of silly aspects to them. Karkat didn't just say "fuck" a lot, he was surprisingly creative, as was Dave.
Now they just talk. They don't really crack jokes, they don't go on those weird rambles, and they aren't as insulting. The last part is the only one that could be argued that "hurr durr they're more emotionally stable" but Homestuck always had that ribbing and back and forth, even between friends. Post-retcon it feels like nobody has a fucking spine. Everyone is all happy and friends, and nobody swears too much because Homestuck has to pull a T rating from the ESRB.

not enough dersecest t b h pham, gotta make more dersecest pham, tee bee hache
also weed, lmao

i deadass can't tell if this one is for real or not

>YOU ARE SUCH AN IGNORAMUS I COULD SHIT MILES OF RAGE SNAKE TO CHOKE YOU TO DEATH

will the threads come back if liveblogger liveblogs herself trying out her dragon dildo

the nightly threads still seem kind of lively, i just really want the threads to last until winter for gristmas, i've never gotten to participate in one

i was thinking of drawing caliborn lewd tonight

>that spoiler
Nice

Draw Jade's utter and complete hatred of pants
Not even sexy, just her demonstrating all her pent up rage on the pants she never wears

>No more cute exhausted Jade slowly going insane and turning to rage

if hiveswap is coming out its surely coming out before christmas. if not its not happening.

>Todd Howard: Thief of Hope
>Gabe Newell: Bard of Time
>Hidetaka Miyazaki: Prince of Doom
>Hideo Kojima: Seer of Mind
>Hideki Kamiya: Knight of Breath
>Junichi Masuda: Rogue of Life
>Toby Fox: Page of Heart
>Markus Persson: Heir of Space
----
Rate my hypothetical fanventure roster

Make it all the space players, save for Calliope who sits in the background in her god-tier outfit and awkwardly says that pants might be okay

Where do you think grimdark jade was going development wise?
Like was there an actual plan behind it or was it a case of 'shit this character is op better make them a bad guy'?

>no carmack

Showing that Jade without inhibitions has a LOT of pent up rage towards the unfairness of the world?
Having Dave fill her dark soul with light?
A further excuse for Hussie to do more with his mind control and femdom fetishes?
Or just to show that Jade without inhibitions isn't actually that mean and just wants someone to love?

Grimbark Jade wasn't going anywhere that post-Descend Jade wasn't headed at first. Maybe Hussie could have made it semi-permanent, and made her a counterpoint to Kanaya and a pseudo-troll, subverting again where you think Rose would go.

As is, no, it was just a way to keep Jade out of the story because of her powers and Hussie's poor planning.

>are people just moving on
Its not like everybody is scizophrenic to keep posting here or anything

>FPS
Fuck, I knew I was forgetting thing.

>Grimbark Jade is a poor excuse for a villain who can't even kill people right and generally just wants to hang out with Dave
>Crockertier Jane is a would-be rapist. Not even a metaphorical one like given the chance she'd straight up enslave and rape Jake

i can accept that with condys powers being what they are, jade had to get mind controlled. though id rather it was fixed better and she had a chance to do some op shit after. one of the best things about act 5 is that dave's timetravel loops were fucking op and he took advantage of them. writing op powers in a satisfying way is a fucking challenge for most writers but i definitely thought for a while that andrew could pull it off.

but men can't get raped :^)

Carmack's clearly the Lord of Doom

Reminder that everything you think you know about the Mage class and Doom aspect are complete conjecture
Reminder that all of Sollux's powers are indistinguishably muddled between his aspect as a player and his mutant psionic genetics
Reminder that neither Leijon has a single thing to do with the aspect of Heart
Reminder that the one thing you can link to both Doom players through their aspect is that they both suffer extreme trauma and injury; and thus, the most accurate thing you can estimate about a Doom player is that significant harm will come to their person

>Not Knight of Rage
Rip and tear

It's definitely being worked on. Whether it actually comes out or not is another subject.

It's gonna follow not!Megaman

Is the Vol 10 steam worth watching? I'd like some insight on the songs and music team but it's over 4 hours long.

>Having Dave fill her dark soul with light?
Fuck we had the perfect setup for that too dammit

>made her a counterpoint to Kanaya and a pseudo-troll, subverting again where you think Rose would go.
Fuck that would have been pretty interesting too

>its still being worked on
>that's why there hasn't been a single update!

Jade used to have an interesting concept going, where she was supposed to become what you think Rose would be, and vice versa, where Jade is supposed to be the dark brooding destructive witch despite being a good little Prospit girl, and Rose is meant to be the bright and sunshine-up-pisshole joyous seer, even though she spent most of the comic acting like a miserable cunt whose momma didn't diddle her enough

Hussie sort of forgot all of this

We had the perfect setup when John came in and Dave agreed to train with Jade, and maybe they could have had a feelings jam, but then that got retconned away

>I had this idea, but Hussie never made it canon!
>FUCK HUSSIE

This is like 90% of Homestuck criticism.

Why do you say that? Christmas is less than six months away. They still have a lot of work to do, since they're still hiring artists for backgrounds. I think six months is very optimistic.

It's worth it, but the best stuff is in the Q&A portion after they finish listening to the album.

The fact that none of the characters remembered anything post-Gameover post-retcon was annoying. No Terezi and Jade realizing their knights died for them (and Dave getting an examination on the hero thing and Terezi realizing how fucked Gamzee was), no Jane re-examining everything when she realized that after all that Jake was still willing to take a sword for her (or Jake realizing he could be pretty heroic and not really a loser), no Kanaya realizing that even though Rose was a drunk bimbo she still cared. Fucking nothing

Dude this was clearly a pattern being followed with the whole initial reveal of Rose and Jade and how one was a Seer and the other a Witch

This is not made up, this was an actual plot along the lines of how Sburb is supposed to challenge you into a role before Hussie had 190 characters all vying for even a single line of dialogue

>very optimistic
Too optimistic, I can see Kazerad updating TWICE before Hussie does.

>Having Dave fill her dark soul with light?

Damn, we never got a shoosh pap moment against any of the grimdark ladies of Homestuck. DaveJade's could have even been sbahj style with awkward flailing limbs and Dave going "no dube flip yur emoutionss... JOY WAYS" and making it happen.

People getting mad that Hussie never followed through with things or did it in the most hamfisted way possible you mean

>JOY WAYS
>Jade strung out on Joy

juuuuust got a boner

Which joy are we talking about? There's several Joy drugs now

ehhh there's a lot of it but mostly I see people complaining about out-of-character behavior and poorly handled themes

From that you could extrapolate that Davros was meant to be an endgame ship, because Kanaya went to Dave for advice on how to troll Rose and then they got together, whilst Tavros went to Rose for advice on how to troll Dave, and then they had their innuendo laden kraft mayo/bull riding rap log.

Hussie has said in Q&As that he sets up patterns and parallels, and then either plays into them or disregards them as he sees fit. He dropped Rose and Jade's personality inversion, but that doesn't mean that it was supposed to be fulfilled and he's just a hack, it may mean that he decided not to do it on purpose and he's just a hack.

The personification one

Oh Joy Sex Toy

Davros did die on his ship and he hasn't been seen since all those years ago, as far as I know

Wouldn't it be great if Sburb was real? We can finally be free of our responsibilities without resorting to suicide.

background art has gotta be the last thing you do in an adventure game, right? everything else must surely be finished already or winding up for background art to be the big thing right now. maybe im being too hopeful by thinking this, but it seems logical to me.

I don't know what that is

how do you create the setpieces without the background art
I'd think it was the first thing you do, so that you know where you're putting everything

You mean Dave pulling a Commander Shepard and using his dick to heal her problems

the one that makes you disassociate so hard you turn into a rapemurder machine

Yeah, wiping out hundreds of pages of character development without an equal replacement was a very bad move.

>Implying anybody would get copies besides god's chosen people

Jade's already a rapemurder machine though

A roadrunner/Wile E Coyote style cartoon but instead if's Jade trying to catch Dave for sexual purposes.

At least it meant something to their ultimate selves.

Which would be great if the ultimate self meant anything.

you can write a complete script and do a lot of the programming using primarily placeholder assets. games often look like absolute ass until very near the final stage (look up the bastion beta using shitty D&D placeholder models).

hey maybe this is why they're quiet about showing stuff from the game?

no way, you do all that stuff with sketches and mockups. the final backgrounds (which are gonna be pretty high quality since 2 . 5 m i l l i o n d o l l a r s) will be done after every interactible element is planned out fully which implies all the writing and design would be pretty much done.

maybe they had placeholder background art

>something introduced in the second-to-last conversation in the entire comic in the last 1% of the comic, that ultimately doesn't pay off and doesn't matter

Fuck ultimate selves, Terezi: Remember should have given everyone their memories back

they're not showing anything because
a) they don't have anything to show, and/or
b) they're afraid of negative fan reaction
which are both shitty excuses for not delivering on their promises to backers

if you dont think ultimate selves were just a logical extension of the platonic shit that defined the comic since literally act 1 youre fully retarded

The thing is that with adventure games like these you often have parts of the scenery that animate and move when you interact with them. They have to blend in with the background, so if you use placeholder art, you'll have to update the animated stuff when you update the backgrounds, too.

>"the Sup Forums hackers are checking our twitter, run!"

uh, yeah? thats literally how placeholders work. you replace them

Yeah I fucking get that, except again, never went anywhere.
Nobody ever achieved some platonic ideal, ULTIMATE SELVES never fucking mattered beyond Hussie trying to justify his retconning of all that character development.
Introducing themes and then doing nothing with them just makes you Zack Snyder

yes obviously
I'm saying that replacing them is going to be deceptively tedious

>achieving the platonic ideal
y-you know thats not how platonic ideals work right?

Not according to Davepeta.
It's good to know Dave's ULTIMATE SELF is such a fucking awful person

Actually, they might be able to release 25% of Hiveswap before Christmas. Expect the second 25% the following June.

davepeta isn't even dave's ultimate fucking self
davepeta can only be considered davepeta's ultimate self, if that

If Hussie had come out and said "Hey guys, I'm notoriously shit at estimates, I initially thought Homestuck was gonna finish up within a year, and then I said by 2012, and we've all seen how that turned out. I'm going to step out of the limelight and go silent for a while until I have something complete that I can actually release for you, because my constant setting up of expectations and then letting you down isn't doing any of us a favour. See you whenever!" I would have been happy with that. The guy used to be clear and upfront about shit going down and when/why he needed a break and that was cool. Fuck, thinking back on it I really liked the horse calendars and they were only a year ago. He had finished stuff and dumped it on us at a specified time, I used to tune it during my lunch break at work every horse day. I hate the "coming months... okay months passed with nothing but COMING MONTHS for real this time..." update schedule.

Davepeta is not a person, Davepeta is Dave and Nepeta.

Stay tuned!

The epilogue has a fucking to answer for

>Davepeta is not a person

You mean it has a lot to answer for?
There's basically no way it'll make Homestuck satisfying. Homestuck tried to end like PS ended but Homestuck being far more character driven meant it failed miserably.
And PS also at least showed the final boss being defeated in a satisfying way that had all the established elements come together.

'ultimate selves' already went somewhere the second we had multiple versions of characters, which was dave: accelerate, and then we spent the whole fucking comic exploring it. homestuck is ultimate selves: the fucking story. the davepeta conversation just nailed down the concept.

hey
if you like davros you should probably catch up

>epilogue is longer than act 6

The only way the epilogue could end the comic satisfyingly is by basically tossing out most of Act 6 and starting over from there.

Dave: Accelerate contributed to the story, Davepeta and the retcon just destroyed it