Ringu

I liked occult too but the cgi on that was atrocious

the theme is also amazing, too bad about the fetuses though
will check thanks

ka
gutaba

ka
gutaba

might check this out. does this only get good at the last 15 minutes?

No. Movie builds up so much suspense and in the final 15-10 minutes, it gets ridiculously intense

The masterpiece of the genre remains Cannibal Holocaust.

i thought the first two V/H/S movies had some good segments.
in the first movie: amateur night, and 10/31/98 are good. amateur night pretty much makes the whole movie.
in the second movie: safe haven, slumber party are good and a ride in the park is kind of a neat idea and pretty fun to watch play out.

checking it out now. thanks m8

Eyes Wide Shut, Grave Encounters

just fuckin' found out they made amateur night into a feature length adaptation.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes

Unironically the first Paranormal Activity. It really got to me, the whole experience was pretty overwhelming.
The only thing I hate it is because it turned the horror genre to mindless one-time rollercoaster rides made with a budget of 5 bucks because the studio knows they will make huge profit no matter what the quality is.

is it Sup Forums circa 2009 in here?

It's a good flick

that shit is true terror

>Eyes Wide Shut

How is that a found footage film?

The OG

That first movie was a pretty good time, nothing spectacular but good as it was.

I remember renting it and watching with a friend, when it was over we just let it roll through the end credits, then at the end of the credits, a bunch of names just started pouring down the screen, only first names though and in alphabetical order, never knew what that was about.

God fuck that movie is awful

I'm still not sure whether I liked the ending of Occult or not.
dude lsd MS paint jellyhell lmao

Next year the genre will end when Orson Welles' found footage movie The Other Side of the Wind finally premiers on Netflix. Nothing could follow that.

Great film

It really is. Everyone pretends it's good literally just because of this scene >omg creepy reddit walk XD

I remember this, seem to remember reading that they were the friends who backed the production or something. Maybe I'm imagining that.

IT'S A GOOD FLICK

The ending is one of the scariest ending I've seen.

Those poor guys.

yeah it makes me sweat thinking about it

saw this in theaters. i remember shitting my pants everytime 3 am rolled around.

Dont fall for it, this movie was awful, one of the worst I've seen in a while and the good ending part is a meme

"You said it wasn't real!"

It's funny how in both VHS movies the last ones are always the worst.

RAWR ALIUMS
RAWR GHOST EFFECTS WE STOLE FROM YOUTUBE

They actually tried to make you scared of a pool cleaner surfacing in two. Like they look straight down into the pool and it pops out and they jump. Like what the fuck is wrong with you people it's IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY

Come to think of it, are there any scary movies that happen during the day?

I'm in love with the chick reporter in this film and I don't know what to do except going to Spain and confessing my love to her, hoping she loves me back.

There is, that scene, in that movie

y o u k n o w t h e o n e

I liked VHS and Rec 3

shit the atmosphere when they did the ritual on the lake and went to the weird village was fucking scary. it keep escalating from there.

I guess but that isn't supposed to be a scary film. It's like the unwarranted horror segment in a non-horror video game that just scars you for life.

There's one I watched recently after a night out that was jump scare central but apart from that it was pretty good. I don't remember the name or much about it because I was drunk. But I remember it surprised me because I thought it would be shit. Some guy finds a tape and and then disappears, his friend and someone else go looking for him. I think it had something to do with MK Ultra. I recommend it if anyone figures out what it's called

the atmosphere is the best of any movie I've seen
of course if you look it with the lights on and friends it doesn't affect you as much

>The Poughkeepsie Tapes

>The Portuguese Tapes

>Tfw watched it alone and loved it
>show it to girlfriend, brother and his girlfriend
>they hate it
Feelsbadman

You can't watch a horror movie with more than one person
They have to be watched alone unless it's with a girl you want to get scared so she sleeps with you or it's a fun horror like a slasher then wich you can watch with friends
It's a mistake I've also made
I remember watching Jason X with friends and it was cool, then we saw the japanese Missed Call and we hated it.
I watched it alone a year ago and it was great.

Also when there's two males they compete to not get scared making jokes and this kills the mood

This is definitely my favourite.
It's one of my favourite films of all time.

Is it just called "The Conspiracy"?

great premise, shit acting ruins it

it's better when you consider that the killer was the one who made the documentary and was the one interviewing the girl at the end, which explains her acting all submissive and apologetic

Saw this in theater with a friend who is legitimately scared of old people. The Shamalamadingdong twist in the end also got me by surprise

Banshee chapter.

YOU SAT ON THE EDGE OF THE BED AND YOU PICKED YOUR FEET!

dear zachary a letter to a son about his father

Lol@you people. Blair witch is the only decent found footage horror film. the rest mentioned itt all have that staged feel that ruins everything for an intelligent viewer.

Not really, there was a shitload of Windows Movie Maker films over all the tapes scenes just ending up nauseating instead of spooky.

>found footage
>anything but complete shit

lmfao

Well I haven't seen it in several years but I choose to remember that it was great

>tfw no succubus gf

I wish the director did more found footage horror before it went out of style. Occult was pretty good especially that terrorist attack at the end. Sadako vs. Kayako was goofy as hell

The cgi definitely made it 100x campier

Grave encounters and to a smaller extent Grave Encounters 2
Also not trying to derail the thread, but what are some horror movies taking advantage of impossible space/inability to escape said impossible space?

You mean like the "different dimension" shit in GE?
>As Above, So Below
>Insidious 1 and 2
>anything Blair Witch
>Haunter
>The House at the End of Time
>Outpost trilogy
>Deathwatch
>The Abandoned 2006

Yes

Thanks

I mean the "twist" where they come out of the hotel elevator and the doors open to the hospital hallway
That was honestly great.

I love this movie. It's a great example of what can be achieved with a small budget and a lot of creativity. The fact that it's based on a real-life,little known conspiracy, adds a certain amount of scariness, too.

Well the ones I listed have situations where the cast is trapped somewhere in a different time or space.

Well then i'm gonna check them out, thank you for the list my friend.

>that terrifying fucking music
>mfw after hours trawling the internet I signed up to some music site that had the music and fucking found it

Grave Encounters is great fun with some neat imagery and ideas, like the bathtub being empty, the door leading somewhere else or the infinite hallway, but it's not scary

Noroi is such a shit film highly overrated by Sup Forums.

There's a really really low budget Australian (or I think it's Australian) one about ayylmaos invading some poor farmer family's house, it's really fucking tense, but I can't remember the name. It debuted on TV and people thought it was real, I think this was pre-Blair Witch by two or three years.

no contest

>Deathwatch
It's not found footage, but I wish people talked about Deathwatch, WW1 horror film, it's great. WW1 has so much potential as a setting for horror - constant death, squalor, rats, conflicting old world and modernity, mud and flesh, the German Corpse Factory, all kinds of really scary shit.

Is Sauna any good? I've already got it downloaded but haven't watched it.

It has a great atmosphere. You feel uneasy all throughout.

Give it a watch.

The Mcpherson Tape maybe? I caught it on TV when I was a kid and it spooked the hell outta me, I have an irrational fear of the ayylmaos

Lake Mungo was pretty good.
And [REC.]
Maybe August Underground

I haven't seen it yet, but Be my Cat: A Film for Anne looks like fun for the whole family.
vimeo.com/117598537

Aye, that's the one, apparently the original was destroyed in a fire and they remade it with a proper budget and released it in 1998 as Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County

Rec

>Lake Mungo was pretty good.
This, I don't really get all the hate for it. It built up tension really well and the beach scene spooked the shit out of me.

>That intro
>that ending

youtube.com/watch?v=70OYikg0tyw

Sounds redpilled

Not horror but check out Buried.

Those opening titles are almost like a fucking parody, that's such a nice little theme with the aerial views of a vast green jungle and then

>Cannibal Holocaust

>creepy reddit walk
Oh shut the fuck up and eat my ass

I've always assumed the intro music/atmosphere and the few minutes of aerial we see is through a lens of the native tribe, and a way to capture their feelings about their own undisturbed land and jungle life that mirrors the music. A placid, isolated, calm and self sufficient colony, before the audience and the westernized eyes are dumped inside it causing chaos and hell. Compare it to the ending shot of the film.

84C MoPic

The Tunnel was pretty ok