The directors of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and The Lego Movie are kicked off the Han Solo film by Kathleen...

>The directors of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and The Lego Movie are kicked off the Han Solo film by Kathleen Kennedy, producer of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park.
>She didn't try and fix it post-filming like Rogue One but instead tried to salvage it as early as possible.
>Sup Forums throws a bitch fit

You truly are the worst board.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W3klcSfozqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First I've heard of this, but sounds like she knows what she's doing. Can't really say more until I know who is going to be directing now though.

i'd fuck prime kk for sure

absolutely fucking disgusting this picture. Killing an innocent animal then going for a pose.

What I'm afraid of is that Kathleen wanted a more chick flick movie (focusing on romance, angsty relationship drama, storylines and writing you find in chick flicks) and the directors didn't. I was excited over Han Solo movie but if it's gonna be a chick flick I'm going to be so butthurt I'll be shitting blood forever.

I'm hoping it's the other way around.

>I was excited over Han Solo movie
you've got problems buddy

Do you know anything about Kennedy? It's pretty sure to be the other way around

What, you mean like this?

Damnit, I hate the fucking Internet duopoly in the Philippines. It takes literally 5 minutes to make one post.

I'm glad to hear that. I do not know Kennedy. Only read her name in the news article about the director's leaving.

>"people" who think it's "cool" to pose next to animals they've gunned down

Hunters make me fucking sick.

*pukes*

I know nothing of this Kathleen Kennedy other than she is a producer.

can someone give me a Sup Forums version of who she is, and then could someone follow up with who she actually is?

What problem is she trying to fix though?

I trust her generally speaking, I think she and Kasdan would never taken such a public step unless the directors were really taking it way too far tonally.

You know the films of Spielberg and Lucas? Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall were the people really doing all the producing.

I'm glad she did it. Now if they just scrap the movie entirely, I'll be fit as a fiddle.

Hi Peter

They are setting them up as scapegoats

The movie is going to be bad, like so bad it makes Attack of the Clones look like kino

Now when normies finally realize a Star Wars movie might suck, they can blame these guys for it

"Well we fired them because they didnt know what they were doing, but they did too much damage to the film before we got rid of them"

Learn to Google, Peter.

>implying she didn't fire them because she needs a yes man to do exactly what she says in the editing room
>implying this movie got "salvaged"

can't fix a turd, let Star Wars die in peace

Losing the directors so far into the shoot is an absolutely massive fuckup, no way to spin it

They didn't kill it. That would be relatively quick.
They did worse. They engineered it to die on its own, wheezing and in pain, over days.

What's the problem? It will just be another Young Indiana Jones type show, which, as we all know, are massive hits.

youtube.com/watch?v=W3klcSfozqQ

>About 45

What did she mean by that?

>All those people thinking it's a rhino
Are Brits retarded?

>Hire two talented, up and coming filmmakers with a very distinct style
>Get mad they're making the film in their distinct style and don't want to make another formulaic cookie cutter movie
>Fire them and replace them with a yes man who will make whatever formulaic cookie cutter movie the suits at Disney want

Nah. Not even a big fan of those fags, but you're delusional fanboy if you don't see exactly what happened here. This isn't a case like Rogue One, where the director had a vision but then bent over to get buttfucked by studio execss. This is basically the same shit that went down with Ant-Man over at Marvel.

Expect the movie to be super safe and painfully mediocre at absolute best.

You're all forgetting that Lawrence kasadan was pissed at them too for ruining his fucking script. Kasadan wanted a space western. These two fucks were probably making 21 jump street in space

>Gareth Edwards
>vision
Fuck you

I didn't say it was a good vision, but he talked in-depth about the movie he wanted to make before the cameras started rolling and the end result was not that movie. The end result was some hacked together, focus test driven mess clearly cobbled together with studio mandated reshoots.

The script was the biggest issue with the film

That's really not fair to say, considering a decent chunk of the film appears to have been rewritten after the fact. Unless the original production version leaked out and I was unaware of that.

Also, the editing was by far the most atrocious aspect of Rogue One.