YAG SPARROG

>YAG SPARROG

this one sentence from imdb is basically the whole film, it's watchable only if you're looking for some wacky Johnny Depp scenes. Also
>muh strong and independent woman

>bad guys are the good guys
why is it so common that the villains make more sense than the heroes
from Star Wars to PotC

Weird how film makers are unable to make well balanced roles for women. Either they are unsufferable overpowered cunts either they are eye candy useless characters.
Rare are the films where there's a truely likable female character that would deserve her own film

I genuinely wanted Jack to get killed off in this one, knew it wouldn't happen of course

Did you ever consider that it's your perspective that causes that? If we just switched the sex of a male character you consider likeable, I bet you'd think she's an insufferable overpowered cunt too.

Name 5 good female characters from the past 5 years in film

I don't actually watch films or Sup Forums, I'm just here to argue with strangers on the internet.

The chick was the worst forced character. She should have been wills son. COmbine the son with her into one character and have a nerdy obsessed super smart dude who knows nothing about surviving the seas but is smart and a good explorer driven to save his father. But nope, forced token female steals a characters entire arc to find HER daddy.

Seriously. Salazar did nothing wrong. He hunted pirates.

>that scene where his crew shoot the surviving pirates
They're pirates. If they don't great surrendered enemies fairly, they don't deserve to be treated fairly themselves.

Gotta have that romance plot

We did, it was Wil coming back with Kate at the end. 2 seconds of a kiss btfo anything this movie tried to establish with his son and the chick. Not every pirate movie needs a romance, just give us pirates on an adventure. Its that easy.

Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
Rita Vrataski (Edge of Tomorrow)
Frances Ha (from the eponymous film)
Rose Maxson (Fences)
Catrin Cole (Their Finest)

post yfw "Treasure."

>first Norrington
>now Barbossa
PotC is officially dead for me.

>spaniards
>white

What kind of fuckwit thought it would be a good idea to shove in another shitty romance? Fuck this film

Ending was crap
>In case Salazar reaches the boat on time he'll be welcomed by 20 pirates, so he isn't a danger and he'll probably be killed. So not a problem.
>Other case is Salazar can't climb fast enough and drowns. So not a problem.
WHY DID BARBOSSA STUPIDLY AND NEEDLESSLY KILLED HIMSELF?

Most pointless sacrifice scene ever

because

>YAHG SPARRO

Lots of Spaniards are white, mostly the ones in the North of Spain who didn't suffer Moor invasion and who only breeded with Visigoths, Celts, Vikings and Germans.

He was close to grabbing his daughter's leg and throwing her off the anchor.

He didn't jump off just to kill him, it was to save his daughter as well.

In the end, why didn't Salazars men just run back to the Island instead of chasing the anchor?

Too far away, I guess, and they were running out of time

They were browner before sailing into the devil's triangle and becoming undead

What happened to Silent Mary after the curse was broken?

>European Mediterranean
>not white

SPAGHETTI WOLF

Or maybe when directors make a strong character, they sometimes make it a power fantasy and the character doesn't seem believable, and some women are only given roles as sex objects.

Nah, that's ridiculous, we're all just useless sexists, aren't we?

It was a good film to say goodbye to Keira and Orlando. They're replacements are perfect.

salazar was literally the best character in this movie

He was great but filthy rich Barbossa still takes the top spot.