Alien: Awakening - Ridley Scott confirms Engineers will return

alien-covenant.com/news/alien-awakening---ridley-scott-confirms-engineers-return-alien-covenant-sequel

"There will be three or four different players coming in to investigate. One of which will be the Engineers arriving back to find their planet decimated. I think those ships come and go on regular intervals. I see them as the gardeners of space."
>10+ years is regular

Is it too late or can he save the Prometheus storyline?
Hopefully a lot more details of what David 8 and Shaw did in that 10 year gap.

I just want to see more David

This. He's the only reason to keep watching these shitshows.

>Three or four more players

Humans
Engineers
Predators
Rick Sanchez

Covenant was somehow worse than Prometheus

Can't wait to see the disaster of Awakening

>One of which will be the Engineers arriving back to find their planet decimated.
Does this mean Walter being alive is a possibility? Because that'd be great.

I liked him in Prometheus, I didn't like him in Covenant.

I want Walter to come back to get him.

This. Prometheus David is great, Covenant David was just fullblown loony.

>I want Walter to come back to get him.
What? I thought it was Walter that was left behind

Whoops sorry. I meant like Walter gatting off the planet and going after David to kick his fucking ass and rescue his Waterstonfu.

There will be no sequel.

when will the recent one get a webdl?

Not to mention he went full "Anakin Skywalker" syndrome(a popular character gets treated as way more important than they should be, just because the audience loved them).

>One of which will be the Engineers arriving back to find their planet decimated

So all that "HURR DURR THAT PLANET WASN'T THE ENGINEERS, THEY WERE ANOTHER PRIMITIVE RACE THEY CREATED" was bullshit?

And the Engineers really do live in a tiny caveman-tier city and were all present during the bombing?

>(a popular character gets treated as way more important than they should be, just because the audience loved them)
Yeah I think this bothered me the most. David basically being designated as a protagonist in his own right while being an evil mastermind removed any sort of tension throughout the film since you know he'd somehow come out on top.

Here's the thing. I thought the twist was so obvious and dumb, that I actually thought when "Walter" walked out, "nah, no way they're gonna do that cliche."
Here's what I thought was going to happen:
Walter killed David, but he starts questioning the whole "Serve in Heaven vs Regine in Hell" thing, so debates whether or not to kill them and continue David's work (This would explain why Walter/David didn't just sick the xeno on them). But in the end, Walter decides "Fuck you, David. Daniels is hot." And helps kill the alien. The end of the movie has Walter And Daniels looking at their finished log cabin by the lake. Daniels moves closer to Walter, implying a mutual attraction.

Explain. Who particularly loved Anakin Skywalker? Perhaps you would have meant "Darth Vader" syndrome?

HOW THE FUCK CAN THAT BE THE HOME PLANET, WHO THE FUCK KEEPS SIGNING HIS PAY CHECKS

Same difference. People thought Vader was a cool villain, so Lucas turned him into Whiny Space Jesus. Same with Boba Fett. Watch as we get a sequel showing David crashes the engineer ship from the first Alien.

Would've been happier with that ending desu

Fassbender is holding up this series on his shoulders.

See, Ripley. When some random assholes on an imageboard made for discussing Japanese cartoons write a better ending for free, while you get paid millions to fuck up your own canon, you know something just ain't right, hmmm?

I hope user. Ridley is giving him cringey shit to do. You know, like kissing himself. I worry Ridley going to something unbelievably stupid, like reveling Ripley was the lovechild between the first queen and David.

>Engineers will return

yay

So is Walter still alive and going to heal and come rescue the crew maybe? Maybe he is alive when the engineers come back and they ask him what happened. Or the engineers fix him.

fuck yourself cunt

Can't wait for the remastered Alien with a wanted poster for David cgi'd on a wall of the ship

So, is Disney going to buy the franchise? Cool, hopefully they can sneak the original, true space jockey design in the inevitable Lilo and Stitch remake.

Oh god! Please tell me we're not going fake cgi slapshit with the cat?!? Please, don't do this, Ridley! We'll forgive you for Exdous! We'll let greenlight Gladiator 2! Please stop making H.R. Giger roll in his grave, because knowing his style, I don't mean metaphorically!

>Engineers can travel through time
>though their planet is somehow destroyed
?????????????

>Engineers can travel through time
No they can travel through space. He blew up their homeworld. We know they have satellite locations all over the place.

the comics that are deemed canonical by Fox establish that the engineers can also travel through time, though I will say it is ambiguous and may have been misinterpretation on the characters' part. Though those comics also show a couple of engineers alive after Alien 3 and fox was heavily involved with the scripting (just like the four most recent novels, aliens colonial marines and alien isolation) so that nothing would conflict with the movies and their established canon, so the bombing in alien covenant was obviously not meant to be a complete genocyde

>the comics that are deemed canonical by Fox establish that the engineers can also travel through time, though I will say it is ambiguous and may have been misinterpretation on the characters' part.
They can probably travel through time, as in faster than light travel or something, but the idea that they can practically go back in time seems 2retarded4me.

BUT WHAT IF THATS WHY THEY WANTED TO KILL HUMANITY 2000 YEARS AGO?! BECAUSE DAVID DESTROYED THEIR HOMEWORLD 2000 YEARS LATER?!?!

>10+ years is regular
it is when you only have sub-light speed travel

>Group of Engineers are travelling to their real home planet
>They get a distress signal they recognize from some planet they don't know
>They get there and realize everyone's dead, except for a mysterious hooded figure
>It's David, the only survivor of the Covenant expedition, who's been doing experiments with the humans who were on cryosleep
I mean, you do know this will be it right? Ridley will make the same movie three or four times until he dies

Walter will be clinging to the underneath of the craft with a xenobro, calling it now.

Since Ridley Scott is such a liberal interracial homosexual loving faggot, you guys should meme him into putting a child actress into the next film.

Well it's (maybe) last part of the Trilogy (maybe) and Covenant was setting all the story to the last place... So maybe Awakening sets all good and to that last piece that connect the new storie to old.

Or maybe it's just mess.

and make it pro-pedo kino.

What was once a film portraying the horrors of space and a murderous life form beyond comprehension has devolved into sequels, prequels, and plots no one has asked for.

It's a shame.

Sup Forums - sjw-right faggots act triggered about everything

I want a predator to kill David

Regular just means it follows a predictable interval user

this, it was fine as a mystery.

This. I am surprised there are even discussions about these films on Sup Forums instead of just plain dismissal.

and?

>THEIR PLANET
What?

David is the best thing about these movies.

$100 says Ridley will integrate Predators

>$100 says Ridley will integrate Predators
tens of millions says he wont. Since that'd what it'd cost to use the rights to Predator and make the trilogy even more retarded.

>make the trilogy even more retarded
You say that like we're not past that point.

Oh no it's full blown retarded. But you can always get dumber. The floor is not the limit with this shit.

Do you think Ridley with retcon both Prometheus and Covenant to make the prequel he always wanted?

What I want to see is Cameron now come in and make an Aliens prequel trilogy that completely ignores the Alien prequel trilogy. Robots are good guys again. The aliens are a hive with a Queen again. Things people do make sense. It'd be great.

Synthetics aren't good, nor bad. Their programmed and David is a special case of programming having a grey area.

OP doesn't understand what regular means. It might as well be any timespan, especially since they're limited by the speed of light.

Actually amazing.

>revealing ripley is the lovechild of the first queen and david
This amount of autism can only be explained by coming from a Star wars fan.

>Synthetics aren't good, nor bad.
I don't care about whether or not they're technically good or bad. Ridley only likes them being bad. Ash in Alien was just a knockoff of HAL in 2001. It's Ridley's belief that AI is and will be the real monster that destroys humanity. Whether they're like HAL, who was an instance of conflicting programming, or David, who I believe was intentionally programmed antagonistically as Wayland's acting agent in Prometheus.

Like look at the overarching meaning in the 2 movies. The Engineers play God. They create man. Man plays God. Creates David. David kills God.

The entire overarching Alien prequel trilogy is about man using science to play God kills God and ruins man. He's deeply distrusts science (hence why the biologist and geologist are pothead retards in Prometheus) and is certain that AI will destroy humanity and science has destroyed God irl.

Compare that to what a James Cameron Aliens prequel trilogy would be. Cameron loves AI. He loves technology. He is a scientist. Even in the cinematic universe he created where AI literally causes the apocalypse, T2 ends up being about how Robots are people too. He subverted the Alien evil robot trope by making the robot essentially the real hero.

Is David REALLY that bad though? Morally yes, he's bad, but David has no morals. He's programmed to discover and create. That's EXACTLY what he's doing.
Yes, he's the "antagonist" of the film, but he's in n way the villain. I think of him closer to Jaws than anything. He's just doing what he does naturally, well as naturally as an artificial android can be.

Predators are also canonical by fox.

>theres going to be three or four players in this movie.
>Predator fans and alien fans will go to see this movie
>box office more than doubles than covenant already

fox representatives please go

The difference between jaws and david is that he is making decisions beyond his base programming and killing other species and trying to make perfect killer.

I'm sorry but yeah, he is morally wrong and he knows it. He just doesn't care. An A.I that reaches his level of independence knows he is in the wrong.

I wish more movies used S.I/A.I as something humanity distrusts but reality is why would anything we create with that level of intelligence actually harm us, if anything it would try to help us. But that doesn't create any intention, having your synthetic children coming to save humanity.

Peter hamilton in his scifi novels does this really well with the S.I

Will a decent plot return to this franchise after 30 years of absence?

>Is David REALLY that bad though? Morally yes, he's bad, but David has no morals.
He's the antagonist of the stories. Structurally yes he is bad he is the bad guy for the heroes of the story.
>He's programmed to discover and create.
Sure. And whatever governor that prevents him from "learning" how to use humans to do nazi experiments to make a penis monster, was clearly removed from his programming. Like he was programmed to learn and improve because he's an AI designed to have years of idle to time to spare. But he was Wayland's personal asshole so he was programmed, just like Ash, to be willing to sacrifice the human crew to secure the monster on the ship or whatever. HAL is terrifying because he's just a programming error from well-intended scientists. Ash and David are intentionally programmed corporate stooges.

Why did he have to kill shaw for his experiments... We all know he loved her. she treated him better than Mr Weyland ever did..

>The Engineers play God. They create man. Man plays God. Creates David. David kills God.

Bruh. David kills Goliath.

>audience goes to the theatre expecting a new entry in the alien/prometheus saga
>group of engineers goes up to planet of xenos to investigate
>while an engineer bends down to examine an object, a strange blur of light rips through his skull

"The trick Mr. Potter, is not minding that it hurts."

Deep

probably saw her 'tits' and decided she was so hopelessly flawed she had to be eradicated.

Engineer will fix Walter.

>Butthurt xenofags sperg out in the theatre but the gravity of the predator fans cheering quickly puts them in their place.

I've never wanted this so bad

Are you implying an advanced race wouldn't have colonized multiple worlds?

This is so retarded that it seems likely so I am going to screencap it for future reference, also fuck everything.

>BUT WHAT IF THATS WHY THEY WANTED TO KILL HUMANITY 2000 YEARS AGO?! BECAUSE DAVID DESTROYED THEIR HOMEWORLD 2000 YEARS LATER?!?!
So the Engineers are Skynet?

Who gives a fuck

Fuck these stupid "sci-fi" films Ridley Scott is such a fucking bald-faced hack

I hope he gets brain cancer

Ridley Scott's Alien Universe is breathtaking in scope. The enormity of the concepts involved is stunning. The profound philosophical implications of this unimaginable inhuman world make Lovecraft's creations pale in comparison. This is a Universe that is truly alien, incomprehensible to the limited mind of man.

Oh wait, no, it's a white guy in a bondage suit.

He moaned this loud....

Is Scott insane? Who gives a shit about the origin of the aliens? Who wanted more of this nonsense after the absolute disaster that was Prometheus? Who wants more Alien movies when there hasn't been a decent one since Aliens?

Dude, what. Other franchises have made retarded decisions. Star trek Into Dumbness ripping off Wrath of Khan. Orange is The new Black getting preachy as fuck. Steven Universe for fucking existing.

except aliens prove that predators aren't part of the alien universe

What a waste of a trilogy. We're 2 movies in and there is nothing to show for it.

Literally stole the show

He's gonna get his head ripped off. It rhymes

>Cameron loves AI. He loves technology
Did you watch Avatar?

aliens proves nothing

They literally stick their genitals into the internet.

poor bait

Cameron is an AI apologist.

Avatar being anti-America propaganda marketed to gooks is irrelevent.

This means we'll probably see more of Walter
I hope he gets to be reunited with his waifu, seeing as it's Alien it'll probably never happen though

There better not be predators it or I'm fucking dropping it for good.

I don't get it

Other than the protag using military technology to fight the powah, it's nativist and anti-tech

Cant wait, the sense of wonder in this universe is beyond comprehension. really sad everyone is such a capeshitter and has to have everything spoonfed. glad ridley doesnt give a fuck about them though and tells them to fuck themselves

>I see them as the gardeners of space

Was the creators ship the only one "gardening" for hundreds of thousands of years?
It would explain why they were greeted with joy upon returning to their homeworld

He's a tech fetishist. And nothing in the movie is anti-tech, other than the humans using it are assholes. He loves technology. He only makes movies when he's innovating technology.

The entire premise is that through the magic of technology a crippled man is able to become a magical warrior that brainfucks horses and trees and qts. Don't be a dimmy.

They're still gay as shit, regardless of what Fox say.
They'll lose the franchise if they go full avp.

>Alzheimer's addled old man keeps talking about engineers in his confused Alien fan fiction

Time to retire Ridley. Get a rocking chair, park it on your porch and enjoy time passing by.

Through the magic of technology a race is also completely obliterated by aliens from another planet; the only thing that saves them is rogue agent of those aliens taking on the creepy visage of one of your own.

it's bizarre and a stupid trope, like Tom Cruise a white man becoming the best samurai ever.

Ridley has ruined this fucking franchise
Its no longer even about the alien
its about david and the engineers, which no one fucking cares about