It's a 'chaser gets one behind them on the second question and they complete guess their way through to the final chase...

>it's a 'chaser gets one behind them on the second question and they complete guess their way through to the final chase anyway' episode

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chase_(UK_game_show)
lmgtfy.com/?q=the chase tv show
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More like Mark Flabbett.
Haha!

>Its a dark destroyer loses again episode

Why do they keep him on? Is it so it still seems fair?

I'm assuming so. They should really swap him out with the Supernerd from the Australian version. That guy is deadly.

Who here /!mpossible/?

is there a brit version of this show too? Ours in the US only has the giant village ogre guy

official chaser power ranking:

duchess>the beast>dark destroyer>the ugly mole girl>the cinnamon

My dad was on an episode last year and all his team mates got out and he had to try to solo the beast. Pretty pissed that he lost and we get no money.

The Chase is for chavs desu.

What was the name of Adolf Hitler's dog?
A. Rover
B. Blondi
C. Kikesniffer

>seat 4
>tells the others to go high
>takes a minus offer
>doesn't answer any questions in the final
>chaser doesn't catch them with more than 1 step remaining

What, are you some sort of pointless pleb or something?

>the chaser purposefully gets a question wrong on the final chase to make it more interesting

>Pointless
>pleb

Because he has the most personality out of all the chasers and isn't a lardass

God tier:
The Dark Destroyer

High tier:
The duchess

Mid tier:
The beast

Low low low tier:
SINNER THE SINNER MAN SINNER

>how many obscure celebrities can you mention that no one cares about
vs
>an intense head to head battle of wits with funny laugher man host
I know which one I prefer

>find Chase thread on Sup Forums
>go take a shit
>come downstairs and my mother has turned on The Chase
>Brad and The Beast are joking about Willi Wakker and Fanny Schmelar
Cool

>name a football coach that took their team to the quarter finals in 1976-1980
>contestants always have an answer

What even is the cinemans name meant to mean?

Pointless > The Chase

Like are we meant to think he indulges in lots of sin? Is he an envious lustful fatty? That's the character they went with?

his last name is Sinha i think thats about it.

He's gay, so he's living in sin. That's the angle they were going with.

He takes the lives of those who commit one of the deadly sins

Hi r*ddit

Which daily game show is better than !mpossible?

>he had to try to solo the beast

I'd have thought he'd be good at that. Considering all the nights he's spent with your mum.

*ding*
Pointless

I'm afraid that question was ... !mpossible™!

FANNY

>Applied to go on 'Tipping Point'
>Went for audition/quiz day
>Told everyone will get on the show
>Few weeks later spammed by telemarketers
>Answered phone and told unknown number to piss off
>Was actually the 'Tipping Point' people
>Never got to have a go at enlarged shove ha'penny with the easiest questions ever

Fuck. Feelsbadman

tragic senpai

Well I've figured out it's called the chase but that's all I've got from this thread. Can a bong give me a quick rundown please? Sounds like it might be interesting.

The fact that you forgot the Vixen shows a lot

kek

Never seen her before mate

I'm sorry for your loss.

>Implying the vixen should be mentioned in the first place.

She's a vile abomination and must be stopped

That's what I meant. She's shit.

>Implying that's not how you would play if you were on the show just for the /bants/

>ugly mole girl
Who? Did brits get a 5th? I assume the episodes we're getting in Australia are outdated

My best guess was that his skin is similar to the colour of cinamon

>Presenters of Pointless
Upper-class toffs who sneer at their contestants for not having an Oxbridge education like they do (I'm not joking, they both went to Trinity College, Cambridge, which probably explains why they are such arrogant sneering toffs)
>Presenter of The Chase
Total lad Bradley Walsh who loves to just have a laugh and doesn't sneer at people if they get something wrong

I even went to a private school but I STILL hate those stuck-up cunts on Pointless

Yes, she was added a year or two ago I think

No? Fine fuck you then, you bellends.

I watched this show a couple times last week

the host reminds me of a budget Joel McHale

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chase_(UK_game_show)

ooga booga

lmgtfy.com/?q=the chase tv show

Pointless is so fucking slow
there's often a 2min gap between questions asking the bloke what he does on weekends and then making shit comedy about what he does on said weekends

then it takes them 1min to answer each question because there's no time limit

and that's all per contestant!

the format for the questions is great, everything else is shit beyond belief.

The Chase is infinitely better because of its tempo

It's a TV game show. You've got four contestants who are basically a team. Individually they each get up and answer two rounds of questions. In the first round they have a time limit (I think 60 seconds) to answer as many questions correctly as they can. Each correct answer is worth £100. So if they get 7 right then they've accrued £700. But to actually add this money to the team's bank, they have to go through the second round, where they face "The Chaser". There's five of them that rotate, so there's only one on each episode. The Chasers are very clever individuals who know lots of answers to lots of questions, basically.

When you go to face The Chaser, you see this graphic thing (pic related). In this example, the contestant must have got two questions right in their first round, because the middle offer is £2,000. The Chaser gives you a higher and a lower offer, as you can see. Basically the offer you take determines your starting position on that little ladder. Then with each question you answer correctly, you get a step lower on the ladder, until you reach the bottom. The Chaser starts at the top, and if he catches you, then you're out - removed from your team, and that's your time done on the show. But if you get to the bottom without The Chaser catching you, then the offer that you chose gets added to the team's bank. So if you accepted the higher offer in pic related, you'd be adding £38,000 to your team's prize money. But because you start higher on the board, you're more vulnerable to The Chaser catching you. If you took the lower offer, you'd be taking £2,000 off your team's prize money - BUT at least you'd get home to your team, for The Final Chase (the final round).

(continued in next post)

I like the new bbw chaser girl.

All four contestants go through those two rounds of questions - the first round is called the "Cash Builder" I believe, then they each have their round facing The Chaser. Also, that picture is probably from the last contestant, because the higher/lower offers get more drastic as the show progresses. The first contestant would probably have received a lower offer that wasn't negative (e.g. it might be £700 or something) and the higher offer wouldn't be as high.

Once all four have done this, then the team (however many successfully brought their money back to the team, without getting caught by The Chaser) face The Chaser in a final round, called The Final Chase. Only if they win The Final Chase do they win the money they've all accrued, which is divided evenly between the team members (even if one contestant brought only £100 back from The Chaser, and another brought back £38,000, it doesn't matter - if they win The Final Chase then the prize money is split evenly between them).

The Final Chase is also split into two rounds. In the first, the contestants have to answer as many questions as they can in two minutes. In the second, The Chaser has to try and beat this score. If The Chaser does, then the contestants go home with nothing. If he doesn't, then the contestants take home the prize money.

Hope that explains it for you, you lazy fucking cocksucker.

Only Connect has the best presenter

Pls leave

Why she getting fatter though.. Feels bad man

>that time the old lady contestant solo'd The Beast in the final chase

Teatime Quiz Show Rankings

God Tier:
Eggheads
Debateable

High Tier
Pointless

Low tier
The Chase

She got married, now she can just pig out and enjoy David Mitchell's money

SCHMELLER

She had a kid also, does things to the body. Still gorgeous though.

Maybe Mitchell is like Clooney and enjoys them extra thiccque

How the fuck did David Mitchell pull her? It's not like he won her over with his wits because she's smarter than he is, or his money because she's almost certainly richer too.

If you can make a girl laugh you can win her heart user. Just be yourself

you're a retard.

Pointless is the worst. It's a dull watch, doesn't have enough questions per episode, and Armstrong doing it instead of comedy is maddening.

Do you think there should be a /brittv/? Or maybe /telly/?

watched a lot of daytime tv game shows in the last 10 years I'll post what I remember:

>perfection: answer 4 true or false questions

>breakaway: walk across a floor

Who's The Duchess? You mean The Governess? She's a feminist and a strong supporter of Hillar Clinton. Boycott her episodes

>divided: you all have to agree how much money each person gets

>pressure pad: the floor is a pressure pad

>Royal Ascot on instead

>the link: mark williams asks you to find the link between 4 things

forgot pic

>golden balls: split or steal the money at the end

this one was the best

>are you smarter than a 10 year old: contestants asked questions for 10 year olds

deep down she knew she was gonna turn into a fatty, time was ticking

>contestant takes a minus offer
>teammates who are already through to the final chase sit in anger as the cuntestant manages to get through and lose money for everyone

>deal or no deal: game of chance ended after 3000 shows in December 2016

Minus offer cunts should be shot

tipping point is so shit but i love watching it

there was a repeat a few days ago where a chess grandmaster did well in the cash builder then went for minus £2000 claiming that "they'll need me in the final chase"

>"Twenty-five, Twenty-five thousand pounds"
>"Let's do this, Bradley."

I've only ever caught the last quarter of it but it seems like literally the most boring game show of all time. Ben Shephard always looks on the verge of tears or suicide presenting it.

>gogglebox spinoff named "vlogglebox"
how many spinoffs does it need

top kek

Implying Golden Balls wasn't the best Tv quiz show, literally got to watch people lie there way to destroying someone else' hopes and dreams with false trust. Wonderful.

I fucking loved this one, it's a shame it didn't really catch on.
I never knew until I watched this how odd a dude Mark Williams is, nearly ruined Father Brown for me

You could say he's reached his tipping point

why do all itv gameshows use the same shitty set with the same shitty blue led lights doing a wave effect in the background?

He's reached his tipping point.

>we'll never see pointless livethreads on Sup Forums ever again

Pointless has awful banter with awkward silences. Where the point of the show is in finding the answers that's "most right". It's a show for autists.

I hate the 'banter'. Richard Osman is pretty terrible. And the success of the show has meant he feels the need to talk even more.

But Pointless is GOAT for watching with family/friends trying to get the best answers etc.

Alexander Armstrong has got decent banter but yeah the filler parts with the contestants get pretty awkard, and that Richard Osmand comes off as a bit of a dickhead

Who here /QuestionJury/? It's a pretty good Channel 4 show with a second season set to air some time this year. Also claiming Becky even if she would conspire to stab me in the back, she seems comfy.

>richard ayoade hosting the crystal maze reboot

Fucking kill me dead

Difficult role to fill though.
Who would you rather host it?

This guy is like 6'7", must have god tier heart genetics

I got off with his wife like 6 years ago, not even joking. Long before they were married obviously.