Ron Howard Steps In to Direct Han Solo Movie

>The Millennium Falcon has a new pilot.

>Ron Howard has been named as the new director of Lucasfilm and Disney’s untitled Han Solo movie, sources tell to The Hollywood Reporter exclusively. The official announcement is expected Thursday morning.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-han-solo-movie-ron-howard-steps-direct-1015674

Other urls found in this thread:

prweb.com/releases/2017/04/prweb14284071.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=CofZ7xjGyI8
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Willow
youtube.com/watch?v=WTSmtKDvnWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=x6pBqWvZAXE
youtube.com/watch?v=XN3ogbTuDSE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Might actually watch it now

>"you've got ten months, you cishet pig"

is he good?
t. ignorant redditor

This is edited, right? What was the original text?

Ron is going to bring this ship he safe. I place my trust in him.

A Beautiful Mind
Rush
In the Heart of the Sea
Da vinci Code series
Apollo 13

>we live in a world where Richie Cunningham has an Oscar for Best Director, but Hitchcock hasn't

It's not.

prweb.com/releases/2017/04/prweb14284071.htm

So they hired an obvious hack, pretty predictable. Not sure what the anons ITT mean by praising him, but Howard isn't better than Brett Ratner at this point.

>On the next Cashgrab by Kikes who I wouldn't sp on if they were on fire

>First 'the' removed
So it IS edited, you mong

I hope this means bdh will get a role, maybe as a thicc twilek slave dancer

boomer cultural death grip

Did Brett Ratner make Ransom and Frost/Nixon? He did not

6/10
8/10
Didn't see
4/10
7/10

Overall meh

Die Disney!

DUDE CONTRARIAN LMAO

It's actually really, lmao. What a strange out-of-left-field pick.

White slavers doing white slaver things

> not liking Da Vinci Code is contrarian
> not loving A Sperg Mind is contrarian

Prime Jennifer Connelly could have saved that movie, but she was past it.

>contrarian Sup Forums will find a way to get mad about this

No we won't.

He directed Willow and Lucas wanted him to do Phantom Menace before he and the rest of his buddies told him to do the Prequels himself.

This is like that one episode of Entourage where they change directors on some movie set and the guy who comes in to direct is a total good goy who socks the studios D

>it's a cameo episode
>then vince gets dropped from the movie because the new director doesnt like how he says salad or something gay like that

The movie will still be terrible.

Balock cameo confirmed!!!

A solid filmmaker. That is all. One of the few who regularly make historical movies (though he can get pretty liberal with their accuracy).

yes, this is his best work

>but then E says something to the Producer and has to make a stress face and then Vince gets the part back and everything works out perfectly and all of them get their dicks wet

YEAH YEAHHHHH

Yes he made the Grinch

oh m-mommy...

nope not at all buddy. Im in super good mood today.

Should have given him a new movie.

Replacing directors is a shit thing.

isn't he somehow involved in pedophilia? or was he molested as a kid?

He's competent. He safely makes vanilla paste movies.

It's like getting a mini spielberg to direct, he directed Willow.

He understands Lucas's story telling style probably better than any of the directors that aren't from his big 4 group.

Kathleen probably has a heap of negro child sex slaves from Haiti that she rapes with her 3 inch clit.

They're all scum in the white slaver game

they say there is only 3 and a half weeks of shooting left, so can he salvage the quip comedy they were trying to make it as, how many weeks of reshoots will he need

SIT
ON
MY
FACE

beta orbitters are fucking pathetic

The perfect bland artless hack for nu-Star wars.

I still have hope in Rian Johnson

youtube.com/watch?v=CofZ7xjGyI8

Maybe if Hitchcock wasn't such a little bitch and died he could have stuck it out to win one.

>directs Rear Window, North By Northwest, Psycho
>it's his own fault for dying that he did not get an Oscar
Wew, lad!

>SHIT
>ON
>MY
>FACE

Fuggggg

>start your career making silent films
>still making films in the 70s
>didn't stick it out

Frost/Nixon is better than all of those put together

If he was motivated he could have lived another 10 or so years.

I still argue Willow is his best movie. He managed to make a fantasy starwars movie set in a DnD world and movie actually worked, using a fucking midget no less as main protag.

It would be like making a starwars movie following around an ewok.

what an uninspired, boring choice

this guy makes the most inoffensive movies you can think of

>overweight man born in the 19th century
>didn't live long enough

Will he squeeze in mommy for a small role? Pls yes

>ywn film your PAWG daughter in an erotic scene

Why live

PLOT

>It's about a killer-robot driving instructor that travels back in time for some reason. He's got a heartbreaking decision to make about whether his best friend lives or dies. His best friend's a talking pie.

faggot detected

There is literally no reason that Willow can't be part of Star Wars continuity. Disney owns it. Ron Howard should thrown in a line to reference the baby girl as the Queen of whatever planet that was.

And why the FUCK is the Willow Blu-ray out of print?

I thought it was still in stock on amazon but I haven't checked other places yet.

It actually could be.

>Planet hasn't discovered space travel yet
>Willow's world is near dathimor

They actually did "Willow is Star Wars Canon now!" as an April Fools joke like 11 years ago.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Willow

>meanwhile DC and Lord and Miller have nothing
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

based disney wins again

I saw a used copy for $80 locally the other day. Checked sold on eBay right there, and it really sells for almost that much.

she was doing the BLACKED thing before it was cool

>Nobody telling this faget to go back
>Doesn't know the filmography of directors
>Doesn't even bother to fucking google

Cocoon is his best and you didn't even mention it.

>you may live in a timeline where we get a 2 minute majestic flyby where Han Solo flies the Millennium Falcon and this plays

youtube.com/watch?v=WTSmtKDvnWQ

ohh shit you're right, I was looking at dvd prices, and bluray is out of print, only thing left is the multi-format which is why it's so expensive, it's 70 on amazon

fuck off cuckold

UNDERRATED POST

He will provide the most normie point of view Star Wars could ever have. There's nothing nerdy about him at all, he's just like those regular "fans" that think A New Hope was the best movie and that's about it. Basically he's gonna make another TFA. I don't think he cares about the lore or the Star Wars Universe or anything.

I don't think anyone really cares about the movie either

Best case scenario: origin story in the sense of a 50s car-heavy teenage rebellion movie ala Americans Graffiti, which is both in character and in the director's experience
Likely scenario: soulless Marvel formula no. 689 with Howard totally phoning it in for the paycheck

His works range from fucking kino to utter trash, also fuck off

No it isn't.

Yeah you are right, they could probably get writers who are passionate about Star Wars if they wanted to, but no director will be like that except Lucas himself (or not even him).

>his big 4 group
Coppola
Lucas
Spielberg
?

Abrams

Stop caring about Star Wars

youtube.com/watch?v=x6pBqWvZAXE

That's retarded

You're retarded

im interested. i almost never get interested in new movies.

please dont be some piece of shit like where the wild things are. please.

youtube.com/watch?v=XN3ogbTuDSE

>Tom Hanks may get to be Han Solos father and say "I told my son. Not to get into the smuggling business not to be a scoundrel, but I couldn't ever stop him, his free spirit yearned for the stars, just like a firefly yearns for the darkness. All a father, all any father can do is say Han, I'd stay home and raise good strong children on our family farm and live for God, but we all need to find our purpose, and he told me, Go To Hell and left for good, which is what great sons do."

>Lucasfilm doesn't have a group of nerd advisers

That was a good read. Thanks, user

>Skywalker" is the English translation of the sanskrit word "Daikini", which is the name of Elora Danan's species in the film. Both Anakin Skywalker and Elora Danan are individuals who are the subject of a prophecy to overthrow an evil enemy. Whether this similarity in naming was intentional by Lucas is unknown.
Based on concept art in the book The Art of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, the Jedi uniforms for the prequels were at one point going to resemble Madmartigan's battle attire.

It does NOT. It instead has a group of strong feminist women.

:^)

But seriously, Abrams nothing to do with those others. He collaborated with Speilberg once, but only had a brief chat with Lucas and has never worked with Coppola. He's more in company with the music video generation of directors like Fincher and Bay, and even that's really pushing it. John Milius (Conan, Red Dawn) would be more in line with the other 70s directors.

>And there is only one guarantee:
>None of us will see heaven.
Michael could.

stop posting, lurk more. I won't even tell you to go back, just lurk.

Joe Johnson

shut up, Sup Forums

fuck you Ron Howard, stop making me lose respect for you. We all know that the producers are going to finish the film in editing and you're just receiving a paycheck in return for your name being smeared with this mess of a movie

Shut up Sup Forums

Uhm, no, sweetie.

>Force The Female
Original read
>THE Force IS Female

Both of you need to get your eyes checked.

>No art style at all man directing Star Wars film

wew so new

Ron is a pedo and raped both the Corey's leading eventually to Haim's death.

Way to rip off nostalgia critic

So Doug was the first internet reviewer to use a gun?