Fuck you all this is the best comic book film ever made

BvS, Dark Knight, Winter Soldier and Logan have fucking nothing compared to this masterpiece.

I'm glad they didnt use the retarded multidimensional alien ending.

This thread is like trying to read white noise

Same
I hear so many people complain about that NOT being in the film, but the fact that it isn't makes the movie's ending much better than the novel's

Agree. Not saying I don't enjoy the others, but Watchmen was top tier.

>hey let's take a criticism and satire of superheroes and turn it into an overdirected superhero movie

Kill yourself Zack

>overdirected
Marlels believe this is an actual word

>muh brandwar
>someone who likes Zack Snyder "movies" has never heard of overdirection

Typical deluded retard

>muh brand wars
Exactly, you fucking huge cocksucker making up imaginary words to make up for the fact that the only "directors" your shitty MCU has is Disney suits calling the shots.

Kill yourself you stupid fuck.

go to bed zack, you're drunk

Can someone explain to my why the hell do they recite the Osymandian in more and more in TV? First in Watchmen, then Breaking Bad, now Alien.
It's not even that catchy.
I just guess they use it to express something monumental, but that poem should express obsolescence
What is the point?

It's the best Hack Snyder film ever, but that is say very little

>brandwar and overdirection are now both words invented by an taiwanese knitting board to describe toy selling movies

Your mother should have just aborted you to save herself and us the trouble

This, a "good" Hack Snyder movie is still a bad movie by any standard

>capeshit
>"""""""masterpiece"""""""

low tier opinion

>turning art into pleb pandering trash

>Put in charge of adaptation of the ultimate superhero deconstruction.
>Makes characters that are supposed to be losers, delusional or downright psychopaths look "cool".

>Put in charge of straight superhero adaptations that are supposed to be the foundation of a shared universe of ongoing superhero stories.
>Goes into full deconstruction mode, turning everybody into pathethic losers, violent whackos or unlikeable assholes.

That's really the point though. Ozymandias has that poem at Karnak and it's heavily implied that the truth comes to light when Rorschach's journal is found, negating the supposed great work

It's poorly written and acted, the costumes are terrible, the cinematography looks like k-mart wachowskis and it has one of the dumbest, most obvious soundtracks in any movie ever.
It's an abomination.
>Vietnam scene
>ride of the valkyries
Jesus shit.

If you thought they were cool in the movie, there's probably something wrong with you.

How many times a day are you posting this bullshit?

I geniunely feel sorry that MCU shitters might be brain damaged. But then I'm reminded that you're also defending being retarded online.

I've only posted it 3 times before this.

NO

this movie is caca

Nice reading comprehension there. I said he makes them look "cool". What was the purpose of Roscharch having Batman level fighting skills, if not giving us a "cool" looking fight scene?

He doesn't. Batman level fighting skills would've seen him overcome the police and escape, not get arrested. And he us useless vs Ozymandiad. His fighting isn't any better than in the comic, relying on surprise and brutality.

You'd make a better argument with Dan. But the Batman moments Dan has provides contrast to the sad loser he really is. And ultimately are ineffectual in the grand scheme of things

Winter Soldier is nothing special. Actually it's more of an insulting thing considering how painfully predictable the twists are.

>re-read Watchmen right before movie comes out
>Like the movie, see that it was a pretty faithful adaptation
>understand why they cut out the pirate story sub-plot and change the ending as it probably wouldn't look good on screen
>find out comic book fans hate it for some reason
fuck the haters. I still like it.

It's a legit good movie. People will always complain about it not being as good as the comics.

I agree with you, although I read it after.
Also, Ozymandias did literally nothing wrong.

it doesn't really make it better than the novel's ending i wouldn't say but yeah it was the right choice to opt to change it for the film. The film's ending is much more appropriate. It works in the novel because we actually get to see the artists working on it's design and to read his comic book about the pirates and that art's role in society by the black kid reading it's apathetic and unengaged reaction to it, including that he doesn't even ever buy it. It shows the great societal malaise that the monster was born from.

not that user but you're the only one who brought up the mcu you brain damaged retard

>It's a legit good movie. People will always complain about it not being as good as the comics.
I think that's cause of nostalgia or trying to compare two mediums equally. Of course a comic and a movie are going to be different. Accept it and enjoy the product for what it is.

>I agree with you, although I read it after.
I'm glad I was able to read the comic first because it allowed me to compare scenes (especially visuals) and see how well the movie followed the comic.

>Also, Ozymandias did literally nothing wrong.
The ends absolutely justify the means in the story.

so fucking underage. I waited decades to see this go down and they changed the ending because muh 911. The film ending is weak garbage.

>The ends absolutely justify the means in the story.
Absolutely, I'm so glad someone else gets it, especially if it means killing millions to save billions.

I like this best as an adaptation. I still like BvS best as a standalone original work.

Replying again.

Additionally, it's a contrast to other superhero movies. They always have these things where problems are solved by the heroes punching something. That saves the world 99% of the time in CBMs.

But it's complete nonsense here because that's not how problems are solved. It's an illustration of the Comedian's point when they're forming the Crimebusters or whatever.

IRL we've gone 30 years beyond the time period of Watchmen without nuclear holocaust and we've come close. So the end isn't really justified. Ozymamdias is an arrogant tool

My biggest gripe was how obnoxiously implemented the soundtrack was, there was barely any room to breathe between pop songs. And the glorification and masturbation of superheroes when it's supposed to have been about reflecting on the idea of an ubermensch come to save the day in shame as reality sets in. Night Owl's design being changed to look 'badass' completely misses the point of his design/character. The violence was gratuitous and sadistic. The sex scene was cringe inducing and shit. Plus like you said they had to remove a lot of layers to adapt it to film so it removes a lot of the complexity of the narrative and themes. It's not a bad movie by any means and was cool to see an adaptation as a fan of the comics though.

>Absolutely, I'm so glad someone else gets it, especially if it means killing millions to save billions.
Because it makes the reader/viewer either side with Ozzy or oppose him like Rorschach thus engaging them personally into the story.

I personally think Rorschach is the best character in the story because even though Rorschach deep down knows Ozzy is right, he can't sacrifice his principals to side with him. Thus he begs Manhattan to kill him.

>My biggest gripe was how obnoxiously implemented the soundtrack was, there was barely any room to breathe between pop songs.
I think they tried to use the songs to tell the story of the time. Kinda like an additional character.

>The violence was gratuitous and sadistic.
Tried to go to comic book'ey with it and really earn that R rating. They really did make the characters seem like over-the-top comic book characters though.

>The sex scene was cringe inducing and shit.
Again, to earn the R rating. They could've done it in a way to show the characters were really falling in love with each other.

>Plus like you said they had to remove a lot of layers to adapt it to film so it removes a lot of the complexity of the narrative and themes.
Yeah, I wonder what the movie would be like if you knew nothing of the source material before hand...
I know of it so I knew what the layers were so it was more fleshed out in my mind.

I saw it before I read the book. It blew me away. It knocked the Dark Knight out of place as the best CBM at that point.

Reading it after, finding all the layers that couldn't make it in, was even better. Though the squid alien thing was a real wtf moment

Wasn't the entire purpose of the thing to make fun of comic readers by showing how retarded comics can be?