thereadystore.com/mre-ultimate-self-heating-full-meal
youtube.com/user/KiwiDudeMRE
youtube.com/watch?v=whyZ1VFhUpw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is it what the troops eat? Doesn't look like military MREs

SERIOUSLY WTF IS THIS SHIT

forgot link: thereadystore.com/mre-ultimate-self-heating-full-meal

MRE's are what the troops eat, and they arent loaded with fat and sodium

Nope, we have prepackaged stuff that is from the same people who make food for schools and prisons.

That looks like a camping meal thing, military eats MRE, most of which are at least pretty good (from what /ck/ says, I haven't tried them)

>Be military
>Carry 80 lbs of shit on 12 mile hikes
>Daily
>Try to survive on 2,000 cal diet
>Starve to death

Its not

They are really good meals, you must look for the good ones.

The problem is that they usually contain low to no fiber.
Try to shit them and you tell me.

Also those dont are the ones they eat.

MRE thread?
youtube.com/user/KiwiDudeMRE

Why do you keep screaming? Aside from the tremendous constipation, what is wrong with MREs? Retort pouches weigh less than cans and require less preparation than freeze dried foods.

>a rock or something

You have never eaten an MRE than.

>Maple Sausage

mmm getting hungey

Yeah man we do. You need those calories. When you're in the field or something you may only have one of those for a week

Armyfag here, MREs aren't that bad unless you eat them for extended periods of time. They usually have anywhere from 1,200 to 1,500 calories each. But in the field, you'll burn that easily.

where can i get the real ones, the good ones?

see

Milsup stores

It's a play pretend ration for people who dress in full camouflage to hunt a duck or two.

Similar principle to the shitty MRE's they heat in big warm water vats and pretend are nutritious.

>not loaded with sodium
Wew lad

You can buy them from Army surplus stores, atleast the ones near a post. You can buy boxes from ebay and from the commissary on post as well.

is it safe for NEETS to eat for a while

if i make sure to exercise

Good Tier
> Chicken Breast
>Tuna
> BBQ Rib

Ok tier
> All the other ones EXCEPT......

Danger Tier
>Clam Chowder

For you canada, get hungry.
youtube.com/watch?v=whyZ1VFhUpw

Buy a shitload of fiber bars, or anything with fiber if you plan to eat them frecuently.

No - you will get WAY fatter than I am already assuming you are

>only 15% calories from fat

Just diabetes my shit up sempai.

>chilli mac

Fuck I used to kill for this MRE, empty the bag and make a chilli bowl with the main course, cheese with bacon that I ratfucked, crushed crackers and the pepper sauce.

Good times...

Which country has the best MREs?

Eating MRE's willingly is dumb, they have never fucked with me but everyone around me is always having stomach pain and constipation or shitting 5 times a day when in the field since that is all we eat.

not really fat... skinny fat maybe, bad posture/out of shape. 6 ft 160 lbs

is it actually really good nutrition though?

is it

why would the USA want our fighters to be constipated

Also fun fact:

Most MRE's come with a Tabasco bottle. If you really don't like the taste of the meal, or, you want to make something extra spicy, just empty the Tabasco into the green heating packet with some water. Seal it at the top and wait for it to heat up and you will have a ton of good ass sauce

Yes, just be prepared to be unsatisfied. Some of them taste good, but they're nowhere near filling enough to justify the calorie count unless you're out and about.

No. The MRE's and food the cooks feed us literally says on the package for animal or military consumption only. It's the worst quality of food you could possibly get.

The entire point of an mre is fat and sodium.

Just the way it is, has 0 fiber so all that food gets stuck in there, I guess I have an iron stomach or something.

We had connex's full of ratfucked MRE's. Everybody busted open the Chicken ones to get the M&M's

Its good if you are a Soldier/Marine and are burning through like 8,000 calories a day. Those things are literally the only way to refuel yourself efficiently

The nice thing about these bars, is that your death is painless after you shoot yourself since you've had to eat nothing but them for 5 days

Seriously

Do not only eat mayday bars

It's a crime against humanity

They stopped that, now only a few out of 20 entrees have a small tobasco package like a ketchup wrapper. I love my tobasco sauce in MRE's.

>12 servings
They propose to feed twelve soldiers with that single plate of food?

i suppose you can't load something with something that is already is.

my favorite was the buffalo chicken. with the tobasco sauce it almost tastes like buffalo chicken. and it had a giant ass oatmeal cookie

Still - you should always put as much as you can in the heater for flavor purposes. Try it - just make sure you pay close attention to it. Get close to the bag so you can see if its working correctly

They're not.
They are something that will help you keep going and easy to cook but thats it.
You cant live out them.

They are also nice for a emergency.

Amerikaner MREs are the second best army rations I've ate, the lasagna was my favorite. I like how they come with FRHs for your main course and warm drink too.

I've actually never tried that, I'll probably use that trick during NTC.

This, it's because you aren't supposed to shit your pants while fighting. A hard poop is worth not shitting your pants at a bad time.

you eat the cheese if you are marching, the chocolate if you have a few hours

Reminder the USA has the worst MREs. Nobody in any other counrtry wants ours because it is so bad. Look at the french or italian MRE and then look at the american ones.

I mustve been the only guy in my platoon who liked the ranger bars, I took on of the ranger bar stickers and slapped it on my balaclava, right below the eyeholes when I was deployed.

It was pretty funny then..

Lmfao I've convinced a boot to do that! We were outside so the wind carried it towards everyone.

My favorite part of the MRE's is the flavored coffee drinks like Irish creme cappuccino, make that with water then put that dirt that they call coffee in there and shake it up.

I always liked the ranger bars too - especially the apple one

I try to stay away from the damn cheese.

The damn Bradley crews have ranger bar stickers all over the Brads.

Don't knock it till you've tried it bro. All the SF guys swear by taking tactical combat shits inside their drawers.

Except that troops drink a lot of water, and you use up all those electrolytes contracting and relaxing your muscles.

the cheese is there to plug you up. it tastes like the cheese from a handy snack, which isn't actually cheese.

during BCT i always saved my M&Ms and offered them to the drills. always made them smile :)

Apple cinnamon ranger bar was god tier. I didn't like the chocolate one.

I would have been quite literally murdered for trying to bribe a drill sergeant with M&M's. Military is gay as shit now.

Was that what you're supposed to do? I always just drank them by themselves.

A really good tip for when winter rolls around, put a MRE heater in a empty water bottle and activate the heater then seal the bottle. It makes a good hand warmer and can warm your entire tent or sleeping bag up quick.

/k/ here. The high calorie count is because you burn a lot of calories in the field. Having low/no fiber is so you don't have to take a dump behind enemy lines.

The twelve servings is reffering to a case of 12 packages

You don't have to, just did it to get some coffee in my system without having to drink pure dirt.

Enjoy Islam then.

I lived off of these for like a solid four months after Hurricane Ivan. Dear god, I had to have eaten a hundred beef steaks out of those brown plastic bags. They were honestly really good, I'd love to have another go at a round of them.

Lol I had one on my comm helmet and the turret of my track, good times.

Nothing like turning the MRE bag into a wagbag and throwing them at bedouins

No. When you're deployed you're supposed to cut out fat cappuccino lines and then huff Dust-off you nancy lady

Of course it is, the military is fucking PC everything. Sharp classes and EO classes all the time and women being accepted into infantry roles....talk about death by powerpoint.

The image in OP's pic is a Ready Meal. They are sometimes issued out in place of an MRE because I they are actually cheaper. They also lack the variety of MRE's and taste a little worse if you ask me. There's also what I think we're called Totems, which were pretty much MRE's minus the side dish.

I never once thought to do that. Geeze, really missed out on that.

my drills took cash. 40 bucks got you a 'night pass'.

as far as the M&Ms go, one guy did get caught with them and tried to offer them to the drill to get out of it. ever seen a drill break bearing and bust a gut? he went and got another drill from the bay next door and told him to repeat what he just did. was quite the smoke session

best part was? the drill took the candy and ate it in front of the guy. one at a time

That's amazing.

>implying the Iraq war was hugely embarrassing

>implying the guy who would gas a whole village for a terrorist attack is better than a bunch of villages with terrorists

wasn't*

fugg

I would always put coffee in my lip like a try hard faggot.

Dont listen to this fag, you're barely gonna get any heat with just one, what you want to do is get as many as you can, 4 or 6 always worked for me, shove them in the bottle, add water and shake.

You're welcome

MILITARY HAS BEEN WEAKENED BY THE MUDSHIT NIGGER PRESIDENT WE HAVE.

WOMEN IN FRONT LINE COMBAT ROLES

TRANSGENDER CREATURES FROM HELL FRONT LINE COMBAT ROLES

STRAIGHT WHITE MALES OF BATTLE AGE,,,,KICKED THE FUCK OUT FOR CONSENSUAL SEX WITH A FEMALE OF AGE. I KNOW THIS BECAUSE IT WAS DONT TO ME. THEY WANT THE GAYS THE WOMEN AND THE WEAK, THEY DONT WANT STRONK MEN.

WHY??

BECAUSE WE ARE BEING SET UP FOR FAILURE.

>The high calorie count

MCW/LRPs have like 5000 calories

It says EMERGENCY meal, it's not supposed to even be tasty but have enough calories, fat and sodium to keep you moving long enough for you to get someplace with real food.

Ah shit, I forgot they reduced the heat output, he is right. 4-6 will do it.

>26.5g protein
That's not a lot, but acceptable for a half day meal.

> "My drills took cash"

Fuck you and your ate up ass drill sergeants then, you fucking pog faggot. You are everything wrong with the military. I would have beat you mercilessly in unit.

This. most of them are actually pretty good. Only Veggie Omelette is JUST tier, besides that they're at least edible.

But I've been out for like five years now, I don't know if they changed anything.

The cheese on the bread is dank as fuck. I would eat one right now.

Matthew 7
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Islam keeps producing bad fruit.

This is much better than OP.

No. Thats not what they eat. My dad brought crates of the shit home and you could never eat more than 3 without becoming so constipated you wont shit for a week. Seriously.

MREs are not meant to be your main diet, but they will feed you in disaster and war.

Maybe crack open a text book or research the internet or something.

We know man, we know.

We've been taken advantage of, we who really do care for the country enlisted to be the sheepdogs of the nation, instead we're abused mutts in a global, criminal dog fight

i never participated. was fucking lostinthewoods. what am i gonna do, play on the obstacle course?

the honest problem we had is that we had an ascended louie as a commander. he was afraid of most of the cadre. didn't even make us march to FTX3 because it was snowing

For what?

Don't be an ignorant asshole. If you ever took any basic science class, you already know the answer.

Dont have someone spell it out for you. Look the shit up.

I hear you. I scored 280 in apft everytime. 1% over on bmi...denied reenlistment after 8 yrs of service

hmmmm

this is why im joining the navy

is that poptarts fig newtons and fucking skittles what the fuck

>navy
>having better food than MREs

maybe if you like man-ass

yes. the sugar is useful to bridge the gap between more complex energy and getting up

Occasionally I miss the MREs we had after Katrina. Crackers and cheese was pretty good.