Is someone really coming?

Fargo Season 3 episode 10
What will become of Varga?

Was Mr. Wrench right to kill Ennis a-la Lorne Malvo?

Emmit dying was part of the 'deal' when swango gave Wrench all the money. Dont know why he waited so long tho, that part was pretty contrived.
No one is coming.

>No one is coming.
Just to expand on this. Varga spent the entire season hyping himself up the other characters as someone who maintained authority, whilst also boasting his mantra of invisibility. He was made out to be this legendary ghost figure that was unforeseeable and all seeing, then at the end we see he was really just an employee of someone who was trying to get what they want. He is a middleman who took advantage of people and made them feel like middlemen.
It's kind of the opposite of the ending of Season 2- Season 2 had someone who knew they were part of the system and aspired to travel up through it, and once he saw the top was disappointed when he realised he was just part of a bgiger machine. Varga thinks he is better than the system and brags about being above the machine, whilst (possibly not knowing) that he is part of it.

Most people assumes its because he learned from Malvo

Can't stand endings like that.

Me too, also Yuri never returned

Incredibly disappointing season.

Never felt like they ever knew where they were going with it.

Varga is gonna disappear in the wind of the air and Yuri Gurka's souls has gone to the afterlife.

Varga gets caught because he is the eagle Ray Wise talks about in the bowling alley who will be brought down by the Lord

Emmit did nothing wrong. He didn't cheat his brother out of the stamps. His brother was just dumb. He didn't cheat on his wife. He didn't kill his brother. It was an accident. Emmit got fucked over all season

Fargo season 3 had a downer ending.

What the fuck was all the sci fi writing crap? And what was the connection to season 2?

>What the fuck was all the sci fi writing crap?
Filler

>And what was the connection to season 2?
Mr Wrench I guess? You realize this is an anthology series, right?

Wrench was season 1. I'm sure I remember reading before the season began that this one would link 1+2 in some way

We see a kid Wrench and Numbers at the end of 2.

That's about the only link.

Varga wasn't part of the system. He was the system.

The sci-fi episode was about Gloria Burgle's character. Throughout the season she goes around trying to help but never really helps anyone, just like the little robot. It's poetry.

Is something fucking wrong with me? Season 2 just isn't gripping me. Given I'm only 2 episodes in, but still, it doesn't have any of the comfiness and charm the first season had at that point

>2 episodes in

Just stop now kiddo

Each season is increasingly less comfy

Fargo character rankings:

>the main villains
Varga > Malvo > Mike

>the main idiots
Lester > Emmit > Peggy

>the main cops
Lou > Molly > Gloria

Can we all agree on this?

ye

On second thought, I'll swap around Lester and Emmit. Lester was the most entertaining main idiot but Emmit was far more sympathetic.

no, it's pointless filler.

I'm entirely convinced they knew that the scifi """"mystery"""" was more interesting than any other idea they had, but didn't know how to tie it into the overarching story. They catfished the viewer with 3/4 episodes of filler and then, "huh, i guess it has nothing to do with anything after all xDD"

1 >>>> 2 > 3

Honestly, just rewatch S1 and forget the series exists.

Yes 100% this

would swap malvo with varga
and gloria with lou

also shit ending. true story with all the facts known but tee hee wont tell ya

>"huh, i guess it has nothing to do with anything after all xDD"
You dumb pleb, it was obviously a reflection of how Gloria would be useless this season. It wasn't even subtle, in the second to last episode Gloria talks about how she feels like the robot. Feel free to shit on the episode but your "it has nothing to do with anything after all" criticism is objectively wrong.

>It wasn't even subtle
Which is why it's useless filler.

>>how Gloria would be useless this season
>having a useless character that contributes nothing but sucking away screen time from the main plot and character arcs
wow great writing!

So you didn't pick up on any of the truth vs. narrative themes that this season had? You completely missed the point of Gloria's character and Varga's character?

Season 2 is fantastic, keep watching. Season 3 is pretty good but it's definitely the weakest season of Fargo. Ignore the plebs who only like season 1, watch every season.

The whole season was basically an argument for the truth resisting the narrative. Varga and Gloria are the representatives of narrative and truth respectively. You can even see that is why Gloria feels so underutilized the whole season, because the truth is often lonely and hard and the narrative is more enjoyable, easier to swallow, more reassuring. Gloria is there as basically a torch in the darkness. Varga even states that the problem is there is good in the world. Gloria is the only good person of the characters, and ultimately the one who won't let Varga go. It is a representation of the struggle between truth and narrative.

The strength of this season's writing really didn't earn this ending and I definitely feel disappointed. I would have loved it if they had earned it, but they really didn't.

I honestly think Hawley had too much Legion on the brain when he put this one together; this season basically boils down to Order vs. Chaos, not Good vs Evil, which is a lofty aspiration, but all it ended up accomplishing was a mantra of something like "The world is filled with random stupidity and cruelty, huh? Oh well, what are you goin' to do about it?".

This wasn't even a anti-climax, like in No Country, it was more of a shug. I don't mind having to literally interpret an ending, but asking your audience to do that only works if everything leading up to it works, and this one just didn't.

Still not bad show, though. Enjoyed a lot. Definitely my lowest ranking season.

The ending was totally deserved. Truth vs Narrative was the main theme this season, and it fit the ending nice

100% agree. Legion's bullshit corrupted Hawley's brain.

Season 2 remains one of the greatest examples of television writing in history.

How did Emmett get away from that highway if he ran out of petrol?

Varga was the only good thing this season. Such a good character in the middle of a sea of shit.

I honestly can't hate this season, but if I had to describe it, it was a mess. A good looking mess, but still a giant mess, o plot ideas, themes. There's a huge dissonance with the narrative, the ending makes it seem like only Gloria and Varga(s?) matter.

Yeah thewlis and his fuccbois were the best

Yeah, the problem is that it tries to fuck with the clear and unwavering morality, that Fargo, both in the movie and the first 2 season adheres to.

It would be worth it if something powerful came from it, but not only did it go for a non ending, it chose to end on a note that's derivative of a movie Noah thinks we've forgotten.

It was a fun ride, but I feel like this is a telltale sign of the show's decline.

The finale was great, plebs getting filtered left and right.
plebs

Last episode didn't feel like Fargo

This

Has everyone forgotten the 'Peter & The Wolf' undertones?

Emmit is Peter who invites harm by tempting fate and through his naivety.

No-one is coming for Varga, he is the wolf and is now in a zoo.

Ray was the duck who dies as a result of Peter's actions.

fuck. I mean this

What was the point of Sy?

Why was Lou such a fucking based cop?

He seemed to be the only one to actually get shit done, he had enough balls to go to the ranch and actually stand tall.

Gloria was such a waste, especially with Coon playing her.

Emmit did nothing wrong.

Did MEW get shot in the end because she went off the rails and followed what she believed was the evil, instead of what Jew god told her? I guess that could fall into the Truth vs Narrative theme of the season. Jew god sees all and knows the ambiguity of Ray's death, and MEW follows what she believes.

This season was definitely the weakest so far but I still found it quite charming. I liked the atmosphere a lot, but wish they had done more with the SciFi angle.

This isn't a criticism, but I feel really bad for Sy. Emmit didn't deserve what he got by Sy REALLY didn't deserve his.
But that falls into Gloria's speech of "sometimes the world doesn't make sense", although that is semi-weak writing, but fitting in the themes of the overall series.

S1 - 8.5/10
S2 - 9/10
S3 - 7.5/10

This.

For a bunch of cinema fans you sure are idiots to not recognize simple stuff.

The biggest problem I have is this season had far less intense moments. Season 1 and 2 had me genuinely scared, Season 3 had like 3 moments that I was genuinely tense in

Shitty season honestly, best bit was first half of episode 8

>Nikki gives Wrench the money and they go their separate ways
>Wrench later finds out a cop took her down, which makes him think they've been found out
>He goes into hiding for years, waiting for the heat to die down
>Once he feels safe, he goes and kills Emmit
Makes sense to me

>'villain'
Varga=Malvo>Hanzee (all were great, Hanzee fits more than Mike though)

>'killers & henchmen'
Mike & Kitchen Bros > Wrench+Numbers > Memeo & Yuri

>police
Lou > Molly > Gloria

>'the clueless'
Peggy > Lestah = Emmit

>

He should have just called 911 and tried to save Ray. He basically made himself a murderer the moment he tried to cover it up.

Honestly Yuri was my favorite Henchman. Never really connected to Wrench and Numbers (On there own atleast)

>and tried to save Ray
there's nothing he could have done. The only thing that could have possibly saved Ray was to not pull the shard out and Emmit told him not to. So he literally did try to save his life.

Yuri was pretty good, he had so much potential storywise that was never used

This desu

The 3rd season is utter shit. Nice ending you fucking hacks.

2 > 1 >>>>>>>>>> 3

Season 3 was great, but it Gloria and Varga's henchmen were shit. Even if they made sense from plot perspective, they were utterly boring.

Still, I loved this season. Varga, Sy and Nikki were awesome.
This season also had a great main theme. I will admit though - season 2 was the most entertaining so far. It just had so many awesome characters.

Y'all have any predictions for the future? When will they set it? How will they connect it to previous seasons?

Season 3 was good. They just used symbolism, the ending actually isn't all that ambigous if you think about it.

I will admit though, it's the weakest season so far and the second one was the best.

>episode practically ends
>"Okay, that was really underwhelming, but at least Hawley didn't jump the shark like he always does"
>pistol with silencer enters the screen

i heard there might not be any more seasons? cant confirm

he just has no ideas for another season, so nothing has been ordered

if he never gets another idea, there will never be another season
if he does, then there might

He said he's too busy for another season in a year, but to expect one in like 3 years. He also said to stop saying the show is over because he's not done with Fargo.

can someone write the Main themes for each season ?

Why did she do it, lads? ;_;

hot desu

1>2>3

Damn season was shit. 1>2>3
I should have dropped the show after the ayy lmaos. Can't believe that this season was even worse than the last

>that Sy ending

>should have dropped the show after the ayy lmaos
this, tbq desu with you

Can someone explain phenomena of Hawley to me? Guy writes decent stories, but is completely incapable of wrapping them up.
From all 3 seasons of Fargo I can say only Mike Milligan's arc ended being decent. The rest varied from mediocre to dogshit.

I really really thought he was coming back

>shoot her
>she's got a gun
>seriously bromes she's going back there to get her gun>you pulled over because we were suspicious, this is the suspicious thing, her gun is I mean
>try to make sure she doesn't shoot us with her gun bro
>maybe shoot her before she shoots you with her gun

nigger deserved it

how do you not outdraw a pump-action shotgun

>american cop not instantly shooting up the place just on principle

suspension of disbelief shattered desu

He's a hack writer from Bones that ripped off superficial depth from the Coen Brothers so stupid people can feel smart for watching terrible television.

:(

got the scene where she almost leaves?

People are dumb and life is random meaningless. Seventh grade nihilism.

Next season, baby.

There is no next season, it's very sad but he's gone.

She misunderstood Leeland, she supposed to tell that quote and kill Varga, not Emett, that'sw s why she died.

do we agree?

best girl

So the 10 minute opening of the first episode had no meaning?

is ther really so many Milligan fan here or you ar the same cuck adoring that nigger every time?

nigga pulled a kyle dinkheller

If fucking hacks like Hawley got a work of showrunner, does that mean I have a chance too? At least supervising and telling people when to stop.

Did you not see the final scene? Did you not pick up on the blatantly prominent theme throughout the whole season?

THIS
H
I
S

I'm not a fan of Milligan, it's just that his arc had really satisfying ending. On contrary with Hanzee-Tripolli dogshit.

she started looking like Aubrey Plaza to me there

not him but n-no

Malvo was too OP/Mary Sue. Master of violance AND master of talking shit to persuade them. His powers were then divided between Hanzee and Varga

MOMMY

Deserved, the self righteous cunt.

Emmit and Ray would've reconciled years ago if it weren't for Sy driving a wedge between them.

Swango prequel spinoff when?

The major theme this season was stories vs truth. A lot of people tell or believe warped versions of reality, whether it be a matter of perspective (Emmit and Ray having different interpretations of the stamps-for-car deal), a means of manipulation (Varga and Yuri telling often-false stories in order to intimidate), simple misunderstanding (Nikki believing Emmit to be an evil murderer), or pure ignorance (asshole chief Dammick refusing to see the truth about the case).

In both the first scene and the final scene, we see an authority figure questioning a suspected criminal. Each person presents their story as truth, and claims the other person's story to be false. The German investigator tells a story of a man murdering his wife in cold blood, while the suspect claims the government has mistaken him for someone else. Gloria claims DHS men are going to walk into the room, handcuff Varga, and take him away to prison forever, while Varga claims he's manipulated the system and will be let go. In both cases, we don't know the actual truth. All that really matters is the story we believe.