ITT villains who sucked

ITT villains who sucked

Mr. Bloom. He didn't fit the Bat universe at all.

He looks like a creepypasta nightmare from one of Morrison's things.

Morrison might be a decent writer, but Pyg wasn't that good of a villain.

Orca.

When did batman become so edgy?

making new villains is hard for Batman
in the entire New 52 era only the Court of Owls was worth a shit

While we're talking about Batrogues, can someone explain what the fuck is the appeal of Poison Ivy? Her motivation is drastically different from writer to writer and her powers make her seem better suited for some C-list low level superhero than Batman.

Pyg was at the very least memorable

Blame Moore.

She forces him to address his sexuality in a more direct way than Catwoman does. She also plays into the whole "force of nature" thing he has going on as THE BAT.

Cheesecake.
Terrible villains? Everybody in Iron Man's Rogues Gallery with the exception of Spymaster and Ghost. Crimson Dynamo would be OK, too. If they stick to one incarnation. The fact that there was 11 fucking Dynamos is baffling.

Elemental Batrogues in general just aren't very good.

Freeze is a villain because why? Revenge? Seriously? I mean, earlier he was just a petty thief, then they gave him Nora which was an improvement character-wise, but really made you wonder "why is Batman fighting him again?"

There have been so many Clayfaces I can't even remember the full list.

Phosphorous and Woodrue are literally whos

Firefly is probably the best, but he's very underused and suffers from very variable writing. Sometimes he's boring as sin. Sometimes he's insane.

Freeze was kinda fucked when they added Nora. You can use him only so many times before you start to think that he's just doing it for kicks.
I liked Clayface in The Batman, where they mixed him with Two Face.
Phosphorous was great in Starman.

Looks like a Spider-Man villain to be honest

Bloom was pretty cool. I think they dropped the ball towards the end of his story, but there were some genuine moments of hype with him, like when the other Blooms jailbreak him.

Razor fist is so bad its good. He's just a martial artist in a gimp costume with knife hands. How does he put on his gimp costume by himself?

>The first Razor-Fist was an assassin, bodyguard, and enforcer employed by Carlton Velcro... Velcro surgically replaced this man's hands with steel blades. Razor Fist battled Shang-Chi, and was accidentally shot to death by Carlton Velcro's guards

>Called Razor-Fist because of his fast punches, this man and his brother took the same title and pretended to be only one person. Each brother lost one hand in a car accident, which were subsequently replaced by long knife-like stabbing weapons by Carlton Velcro... This Razor-Fist was accidentally shot to death by Velcro

>He has recently appeared in the Toxin miniseries. There, he replaced both of his prosthetic hands with actual razors, and attracted a group of young children who are victims of self-harm. He was then easily defeated by the hero and returned to prison

And the best sentence on his wiki

>Each Razor Fist is highly skilled in multiple forms of hand to razor fist combat, with extensive training in hand-to-hand combat and martial arts.
>Each Razor Fist is highly skilled in multiple forms of hand to razor fist combat
>Razor Fist is highly skilled in hand to razor fist combat
>hand to razor fist combat

Did they reveal his origin? I can't fucking remember what his backstory was.

i was gonna come shitpost some new thread here but this place is fine

who is the superior villain in batman?

Speaking of gimps,

Why was Black Mask drawn like one in the early issues?

Reverse, Black Mask was drawn like Black Mask, gimp came out later.

*early issues of Snyder's run.

He was? I honestly don't remember. I know he was normal in Catwoman and weird in late issues of Batman and he'll be weird in Red Hood.

He was cool when he was just a superpowererd crime lord

the whole DEATHSTAR OF DESTRUCTION was pure shit.

>her powers make her seem better suited for some C-list low level superhero than Batman.

They parody that in JLU where she's forced into a large-scale power battle against her will and keeps whining because she's no longer a big fish in a small pond.

>muh street level realism

fuck off back to Marvel and jack of to Punisher some more you absolute cuck

He was a test subject of the original Bloom, but he took the name and mask for himself. But his name and face was never revealed.

Freeze is great when is motive conflict with Batman, but he always sucks when going full bad guy for bad guy's sake.

>He looks like a creepypasta nightmare
Besides looking like Slenderman, remember how it all started in Bloom alley? If you search for him you can find a strange man, but if you do find him bad things will happen to you. Kind of like how people search out for Slenderman only for it to end horribly for them.

I don't think this is a bad thing, though. The memes might have exhausted people on the concept but the goon made Slenderman phenomena is interesting and I think it's cool that some of its concepts might have been used for this arc.

>The fact that there was 11 fucking Dynamos is baffling.
Maybe because they keep dying. Also Marvel has be trying to make the Winter Guard a thing for years and CD is the closest thing to a russian Ironman.

>Morrison might be a decent writer, but Pyg wasn't that good of a villain.
I feel like Pyg sort of did his job as DickBatman's enemy. Pyg, like just about every other villain to feature in that run, are all built around the idea that Dick's life is an always will be a circus act.

I don't think he can work outside of that specific setting though. Bruce's world is different, and Dick as Nightwing doesn't really have the theatricality to carry the same idea.

I thought he'd get sent to Arkham just to become another member of the overly large rogues gallery. But then shit got real. Loved it.

Capullo wanted an excuse to draw people getting stabbed, and Snyder wanted an excuse to write more horror.

The art and the prose were good, but the plotting of Court of Owls was terrible

Kek you are a stupid fucking pleb dude. Pyg was a great villain who fit in perfectly with the Batmythos.

Bat universe always had these weird freaks as villains. But they always end up being thugs.

Clayface is good. Writers can always pick up any one of the clay faces to suit the story and motive of the villain. Moore, Grant and Len Wein wrote great clay face stories.

>he "didn't" fit
Fuck you user. Batman operates in a shared universe where gods and mutants and demons are a commonfact.

Pyg is just too surreal to work all that well.

Only Morrison can write him as he is supposed to be, but even then it 's just too strange. His gimmick is being a literal edgy psychopath who no one understands.

He is a very flat character because that's all there is to him. Just wacky shit and mutilating people. Incomprehensible. Not really a Joker pastiche. In anyone else's hands he's going to just be Jervis with a farm gimmick.

He was an ok villain for Dick just to illustrate how fucked up things are, but really Pyg just seems so fucked up that there's nothing really you can do with him. It's weird.

>Pyg is "Too surreal"
>Bloom "Doesn't fit"
>Poison ivy shouldn't be a Batman rogue
>neither should Mr.Freeze
>or clayface
Why would you want Batman to be this boring?

I doubt that's all the same guy, user.

Well to be fair the villain before Riddler, I wanna say Dr. Death, did at least build to Bloom. So it wasn't like he appearred outta no where a precedent had been set.

In terms of villains I feel like Snyder only major misstep was Freeze. He could have created some flexibility him but failed