How many books should the average citizen reads per month?

How many books should the average citizen reads per month?

Other urls found in this thread:

openculture.com/2014/01/harold-bloom-creates-a-massive-list-of-works-in-the-western-canon.html
theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php
films101.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People don't even have time anymore to read.

why read books when you can read posts on Sup Forums from all around the world?

Why not?

I've only started to read books. But i'm aiming for a book a week

I's don'ts knows hows manys books do's you's thinks they's shoulds reads?

>How many books should the average citizen reads per month?
The average citizen should read one non-entertainment 300 page book per month and watch four non-fiction movies.

Additionally the average citizen should be well versed enough in religion to have read the Bible, the Quran, the Edda, the Upanishads and the Tao Te Ching.

This basic religious literacy then would give the citizen a high level of spiritual competence which in turn would free them from the shackles of both atheism and whatever flavour of Christianity they have been brought up in.

>reading the textual jew

bump

I recommend trying to read a much as possible but aim for one good solid book (as in educational value) once a month with entertainment interspersed throughout. This way you don't burn yourself out on reading.

The feeling of doing the same activity tends to dull over time.

Is that somekind if lolbertarian propaganda?

Yeah they do.

My dad makes this excuse all the time.
>I work, I don't have time to read.
Then he watches 5 hours of Law and Order every night.

Does that MEGA folder still exist with the hundreds of Sup Forums books?

no. it is a good book however. i highly recommend it along with camp of saints

quality of quantity.

Also the function of the reading matters.

If you are talking about novels, I think the average person would enrich their life if they read 1 per month. Then again, novels aren't the only thing to read. Short stories and poetry are fine for fiction and then there are biographies and history books as well. Also there are technical books.

Personally I aim for about 1 novel a month or 4 or 5 short stories but it really depends. For instance, I have tried to finish gravity's rainbow 3 times now and I can't get into it, but when I read blood meridian I couldn't put it down. The important thing if a person is reading for pleasure is that they enjoy it and don't think of it as a chore.

>posts Marxist garbage which says bad goys aren't obedient to (((god's chosen people))), headlined by (((Adorno))), and literally paid for and published by "The American Jewish Committee"
You couldn't make this up if you tried

well then what would you recommend as a better book on a similar topic?

Average person reads less than 1 book per year.

fuck books

we should all aim to read 10,000 Sup Forums post atleast once per week

I've been trying to read 80 books a year. I'm probably going to hit 60 instead. I've been mixing it by alternating with classics, history, politics, and scifi/fantasy (popcorn for the brain). I'm really surprised that I've managed to read as much as I have while still fitting in work and a social life. I highly recommend it.

what are some good red pilled books about economy and politics?

If you're able to read 80 books a year, you're either reading really short books or you're not comprehending what you're reading.

I know a guy who claimed to read a "book a day." And when I actually saw him do it, he would sit there autistic like Good Will Hunting and turning the page every 10 seconds.

Please don't be that guy.

Reading this right now. It's very good.

Depends on the type of book. A great classic might warrant a few weeks or even moths of careful study, while a entertaining novel might last only a few days.

Focus less on reading many books and try to read books thoroughly instead.

Well, obviously most of the books are not gargantuan tomes. Most of the classics and speculative fiction I mentioned require a day tops, and I'm no speed reader.

OTH, most of the history books I read are pretty substantive, and take me a week or so. Don't worry, I read for comprehension. Otherwise it would be a waste of time, obviously.

In addition to the 5000 pages of documents I read a month, I completely finish about 4 non fiction books in my spare time, and probably another 2 or 3 fiction books. I only watch documentary films, I don't play video games or watch TV or more than 1 or 2 movies a month.

Good goy. Be illiterate.

>illiterate

Thanks, I just learned a new word

Could any of you suggest good reads? Whether it be novels, books about ideologies (religious, political, economic, etc) or really anything worth reading

>judging books by their quantity instead of its content

Do Americans view all books as some sort of magical gateways to wisdom? Are books a very rare and valuable commodity in the USA?
If the average American saw a book would they point at it with their finger and say "Bo-ook?" in confusion?

for books

openculture.com/2014/01/harold-bloom-creates-a-massive-list-of-works-in-the-western-canon.html

for films

theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php

The quran, syed vickar ahmed translation

This is what I've read lately:
-Gerard DeGroot's histories of the Sixties and Seventies. Not exactly redpilled, but he manages to deliver good common sense (for the most part) commentary on the radical left and rise of the right during that time, and it really helped me put what is happening in the world today into perspective.
-Steinbeck's Cannery Row and Sweet Thursday. First legitimately funny books I've read in a long time.
-The Redneck Manifesto. An entertaining look at poor, white America by Jim Goad. It was written before he got completely redpilled, but it provides some insight into the history of rednecks and blows up a lot prejudices against them. Mainly for entertainment.
-Portugal's War in Angola by Van Der Waals. Pretty decent book about the Ultramar, the forgotten colonial war in Africa. Portugal was allied to Rhodesia and SA at the time.
-The Worm Ouroboros, Old pre-Tolkien high fantasy (pub. 1928, I think).
- Storm of Steel. A memoir of Ernst Junger's experiences in WWI. He later went on to become a prominent conservative author.

>harold (((bloom)))

user you should know better

and films101.com/ is a nice complement to theyshootpictures

As weird as it is, it's actually kind of like this to some degree. Even if a kid is reading something like "Robot Skateboard Adventures in Space," some old person is bound to say, "Well, at least he's readin'. I don't read much of anything myself." I've also known college aged people who would pat themselves on the back for limping through a young adult novel every now and then.

Thanks, when i get my next check I'll be buying a few!

He's not so bad. I first got turned onto him when I read an interview in the back of a magazine at the doctor's office where he trashed that one student who claimed he had harassed her. I've read Western Canon and Voyage to Arcturus, and I've been working my way through his compilation of English poetry. It's even got Shropshire Lad in it, which is good taste in my book.