All the huge A-list leading actors like Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks...

>All the huge A-list leading actors like Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks, etc are in their 50s-60s.
>Soon they'll be doing old people roles.

Will there even be a next wave of huge movie stars? I feel like none of the younger actors are at their level.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HPtiE7TJ9Lc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There isn't and won't be. Gen-Z are too stupid to understand film anyway. Literally the 5-second sound byte generation.

Based Generation X was the last great generation.

Your genfu is shit.

They'll never play as old people. Look at Harrison Ford, Bruce Willis, Stallone, Schwarzie...Embarrassing.
I honestly don't understand how one can be this much greedy. They have accumulated huge wealth yet they never have enough. Pathetic. I have much respect for guys who know when tio retire

>implying movies arent just a long term fad perpetuated by (((billionaires))) and that once (((they))) all die movies will even be relevant

Cruise can only play the out of his depth teenager. He'll be doing that in his 70's.

Stallone and Arnold made some of their best movies those last couple years.

Movie stars are mostly a thing of the past. The studios don't like them because they demand huge salaries and have the clout to make creative decisions.

Yeah, and they're not at the level of classic movie stars, that were able to act their own age.

Please be specific so we can all have a laugh. Last good movie of these two morons was Terminator 2 and Rocky

The studios will die with their stars. The actual costs of production have dramatically decreased the last 10 years and the next wave of filmmaking is nobodies doing it on hobby budgets. We'll get De Niros again and they'll be nobodies. Hollywood is fucking trembling mate.. writing is on the wall, Jewdios are done.

Tom's career is already ending. Jack Reach Around 2 got beat on opening day by a Madea movie. Now The Mummy is set to lose almost $100 million dollars

Cruise is box office poison. No one wants him around any more

This. Young people already just watch youtube personalities and streamers. TV and Film will die in our lifetime.

We're in the era of huge A-list FEMALE actors that EMPOWER women and give me HOPE. Such as Melissa McCarthy, Gabourey Sidibe, Lena Dunham, Amy Schumer, Ruth Nigga, Uzu Abobo, Kum Shilaka, Peepo Nimbeebee

Madea is literally pure kino

Most areas in the arts are lacking in fresh talent that could supplant the old guard. You see this in music and theatre too. Why are Millenials are such failures when it comes to the arts?

Not true. TV shows are more popular than ever. Especially netflix is killing it with millennials. Just Hollywood is fucked and they kinda had it coming.

>netflix is killing it with millennials.
>millennials are just watching reruns of scrubs and parks and rec

Decaprio and Gyllenhaal finally have enough experience under their belt to crush some roles. Gyllenhaal in particular impressed me from going from total meme to real actor.

I want Sup Forums to leave

John Rambo was good.

>ignoring all the other successful movies he's made

>Tom Cruise
>Will Smith
>Ever aging

>Jack Reach Around
punkino

Up to a point. It looks like there is a harness/safety mechanism near his waist keeping his body attached to the plane. At 00:04 you can see the plane is banking to the right, which mean Tom Cruise should be moving to the left. Also I'm pretty sure the force of gravity is still greater than the force of acceleration so he should be able to stand up straight upon the wing.

But I'm not nitpicking, it's a good movie.

So basically a re-skin of the sundance boom in the 90's? What do you mean when you're talking about De niro? I don't think Hollywood is 'done', just that it's about to shatter into many smaller pieces.

No body watches "tv" anymore they either download it illegally or stream it cable television is dying

>Will there even be a next wave of huge movie stars?
I've been thinking the same. I'm afraid we'll just have a bunch of youtube stars in the future. Sad!

>cargo plane
>going up that quickly
>

ye he may be crazy personally, but can't deny his outstanding devotion to any movie he is in.

youtube.com/watch?v=HPtiE7TJ9Lc

also check new "Mummy" shots. Blowing up building he is running on? K, fine. Needs scenes in zero-g? K, done. Whatever whenever..

Don't like him or his acting much but absolutly respect his input to movies.

Michael B Jordan
Dane Dehaan
Liam Hemsworth
Nicolaus Hoult

we'll be just fine!!!

this is part of the problem of the nepotism machine hollywood became, giving the good roles to known power house actors and anyone associated with them and only hiring anyone younger based more on looks than acting ability and now they've been doing that more and more over such a long amount of time new talent hasn't had a chance to thrive and take their spots.

the major hollywood studios will die because of this but it won't happen too soon, maybe the next 30 years. new studios will make better movies with smaller budgets and unknown but more talented actors who will become super stars and hopefully the new studios wont make the mistakes of the past.

Sad!

For the Mummy:

insider here. AMA if you really want to.

In terms of takehome to the studio, its at 108millions total.

This is our factoring of marketing into the budget, then including how much of each ticket sale is our nut per region and per day/week since initial release date.

Its at 108 true dollars. It needs to bring in 17 million more at about 25% overseas take and 28-33% domestic take, between now and when the final theater DROPS it.

So looking at boxofficemojo now (which is actually fairy close to our internal numbers as of this morning) and knowing domestic is basically dried up (lucky to get 65 mill)

We need to see

Domestic: 65mill
Foreign: 278mill

It's going to be close, but any penny over above is true profit.

Tom Cruise movies do extremely well on VOD/REDBOX/STREAMING ETC, plus theirs already a deal in place with the airlines and many major hotel chains.

My expert opinion is itll hit its nut by the skin of its teeth, then cash in a nice amount in rentals etc - is it enough to continue the series? That's way about my pay grade.

t. consultant analyst (AMA if needed)

update as of 6-22, things are looking good

Fassbender, McAvoy, Cavill

The future is British.

An entire generation whose collective dream was to move to Portland and start a grunge band while working part time at a gas station. Great contribution m8

That's how hollywood works.

Big actors are a meme. Literally nobody is going to a movie because of the actors. Spending 50 million of your budget on one fucking guy is a bad meme and I can't wait until all the old hollywood top brass dies out so movies don't have to spend all their budget on some hack who acts the same in every movie like tom cruise

>Denzel Washington
Who is he? I constantly hear his name along with other A-listers but for God's sake I don't know a single movie with him. Unlike Jamie Foxx, Morgan Freeman, Eddie Murphie, Will Smith etc

>Why are Millenials are such failures when it comes to the arts?
My hypothesis is that piracy has forced all art industries - movies, music, etc. - to take fewer risks. So it's just plain harder to make money as an artist nowadays.

Good point user.

>Literally nobody is going to a movie because of the actors
not true
I mean look at Clint Eastwood for example, he was always basically the same "cool asshole with a hearth of gold" character, no matter what period or theme of the actual movie
You don't need to know what the movie is going to be about beforehand, all you need to know about the movie is that it has Clint Eastwood in it and you know what kind of movie it is.
same goes for lot of "big actors"
not saying it's good or bad, it can be both

>"hey this guy's dick won't get hard"
>"it's just a prank diamond"

Tom Cruise and Will Smith don't age. They're going to play roles 20 years younger than them until they start having heart attacks Sean Connery style. Tom Hanks has been playing old people for years, he did last year with Sully

Air resistance nigga.
Acceleration isn't too bad.

Nigger, I've seen an A380 take off near vertically from a dick length landing strip.

Unloaded planes are made of magic and balloons.

expendables is a massive success
stop being a shitter

What about all the actors in their 30s-40s? Like Christian Bale, Ryan gosling, Leonardo Dicaprio, and Ben Affleck?

The Mummy sucked

Jake Gyllenhaal
Paul "Classic Paul Dano" Dano
Based McAvoy

Bretty juicy, you know any other Universal fluff/ state of their cinematic universe or you just 3rd party?

I personally also love me some Chris Pratt and Bradley Cooper

please tell me this is a real anime and not some HQ vaporwave shoop

spoken like a true 90's era cynic.
the 60's were the same shit.

but for THIS generation of films?
to me it seems more like the deciding factor is which superhero is making an appearance

When was Gyllenhaal a meme?

the younger replacements are hired on looks and muscles is why

that new mission impossible a few years ago was kino though

>TV and Film will die in our lifetime.

why do you care? you do realize you're never going to watch all the movies and tv shows?

> I feel like none of the younger actors are at their level.

because they have surpassed them

>Cavill

Lol fuck no a spoon can act better than him

>because they have surpassed them
except for talent and charisma

Does anyone think we've bred a new race? It's beyond skin color, I see it everywhere, especially on YouTube personalities and contemporary films.
It's a flabby, 'nothing' facial structure. Some many people deemed attractive have it and I can never get used to it.

A spoon has more charisma as well.

These come to mind. Matt Damon is also only 46 so he's got another 5 or so years years in him with enough makeup and digital editing.

>Tom
>ever doing old people roles

theyre fine. in 15 years theyll be old too. who will replace them? miles teller? garret hedlund?

Cavill's acting has improved. In Man of Steel his performance consists of clenching his jaw. In Batman vs Superman he attained a nuance by clenching his jaw for half the movie and not clenching his jaw for the other half of the movie.

there's no such thing as a guaranteed box office draw anymore because there's too much other entertainment available and movie-going isnt seen as the experience it once was

top kek he looks like ylilauta pepe

Hollywood is already starting to die. Legendary was bought by a major Chinese company. They're digging their claws into it and major productions are already being twisted around more for foreign audiences than domestic.

A mix of streaming services/internet and inflated ticket prices are what killed Hollywood. We're just watching it's death throes now.

The future in direct to digital/television. All the talent is pouring there now. At least here in the US.

>arnie hammer
>henry cavill
>anna kendrick
>chris pratt
>bradley cooper
>ryan gosling
>jake gyllenhaal
>david oyelowo
>james mcavoy
>michael fucking fassbender
>oscar isaac

Tell me more about how new-gen actors are no good.

Their level? I don't go to a movie because fucking brad pitt is in it dude.

People these days don't care as much about stupid shit like that. Only foreigners.

He has some very good performances in a large number of quite good thrillers. Lot of hostage situations stuff rather than straight up action movie. I suppose if you mostly skip over thrillers for blockbusters you wouldn't see movies with him in it.

everything is so review and hype driven these days

a lot more people used to just go the movies not knowing what they were going to see, and they'd say "oh tom cruise is in that, i guess we'll see that"

>huge A list leading actors
>Will Smith- We some kinda capeshit squad
>Brad- Get out of my face Maddox, I have to go to my Netflix audition
>Denzel- huh you do right by the nigger audience, white boys ain't got shit on me
>Tom Hanks- uhh yes see Aristotle is an angel and we have to find out who killed him to find the national treasure

How are these people outside of Tom considered A list?

Not him but Bubble Boy I'm guessing. But even then October Sky came out at about the same time and that was a great dramatic performance.

Care to post an example of what you're talking about?

Add Chris Pine and Adam Driver and I'm with you.

let it die, it deserves it, hollywood will be buried like the uncountable amount of corpses beneath under the big white sign

Chris pratt, michael fassbender, ryan renolds, leonardo dicaprio
All good newgen actors

I don't know if there will be a new generation. If anyone, Dwayne Johnson is the closest. Marketing focus in the industry has shifted from superstar actors to studios and brands.

They waste their money on their ridiculous lifestyles and golddigging wives and need the paychecks.

I don't get it to be honest, I can't imagine finding a $1,000 meal of thimble proportions at a Hollywood restaurant 200 times more delicious than making myself a gourmet bacon sandwich for $5.

Well said my fellow gentlesir!

Another reason to love Gene Hackman.

The fourth rambo film, rambo, is sylvester stallone's greatest performance and definitive statement as an artist.

>Maury's wigs don't come off!

>moving shot
The cameraman on the wing is even more ballsy.

Took discipline for Cruise to stay in character while being filmed by a cackling monstrosity.

There isn't. Those types of stars are a thing of the past.

Back then probably. Today I think no one cares anymore. If the 10 second clip they saw online captured their attention then they might watch it. Otherwise they won't. They don't care about actors anymore.

What the fuck is Nicholas Cage

movie stars are a dead concept

No.