You know, after thinking about it...

You know, after thinking about it, all the changes on his backstory makes some sense: They want to make Zemo an evil Steve Rogers.
>inb4 but Red Skull and WS are already evil captain america
They have a superhuman serum like Cap, but they are not a like in the human or patriotic (that small line about Zemo recognizing the bad state of his country) side.
I don't know, what do you think?

all of Cap2 I was waiting for that general to rip his face off and the red skull to co,e screaming into the screen. I hold out hold for a skull/zemo pairing

I think Marvel fell into a rut by doing so much Hydra at once. Winter Soldier caused AoS and other outputs to go Hydra crazy, and then you kill off Strucker in AoU and have another Hydra guy in Ant-Man. They were used so much, so fast, that having another Hydra leader come along would have been met by people rolling their eyes.
I think they also wanted to distance themselves from Nazi Zemo in case they do a T-Bolts film.

Remember all the "Pierce is the Red Skull" soundtrack trolling?
Also, what is the Red Skull supposed to do in Space anyways? How could he possibly be a threat in space? What alien race would listen to him?

>what do you think?
It was still a forgettable trash made to sell toys

I think Zemo a qt.

Maybe learning new things and wondering how to use them in his favor.
The worst thing they can do is showing a flashback of him getting killed by Thanos.

What I think is that I didn't get this movie or this character at all beyond his motive. And I've seen the movie twice. I feel like someone needs to explain is ability to pull this shit off in small words.

Do we still have to use spoil tags to discuss plot details?

His ability to do what?
Torture Soviet operatives into telling him secrets on the WS program?
Building a bomb and using planes?

Yeah, I think leaving their options open for Zemo without the baggage of Hydra or Nazism attached to him was the main reason for a lot of the adaptional changes with re: to his character. This way they can develop him in either direction without the potential PR shitstorm in case they do decide to go the T-Bolts route with him.

I think he's another shade of Tony, Wanda and T'Challa since the consequences of the death of his family at the hands of a known but almost faceless power drive his worst aspects of obsession to warp his best skills.

All he wants is to see them hurt how he does without realizing who he's hurting along the way to that, becoming what he hates and all that.

I don't really see a problem with HYDRA being everywhere. One global conspiracy, sure, why not. Cells everywhere. Octopus badge means they mean business.

Doesn't mean I disagree Zemo being his own character is a good idea.

Somehow mastermind getting Tony and Steve into a small room to beat each other up after Tony watches that video. I feel like that it was partly chance that made everything happen the way it did.

he intentionally let the corpse of that interviewer guy be discovered right then, and he knew tony would pick up on it

He also had access to all the psych files shield had accumulated in Winter Soldier, meaning he knew pretty much exactly how people would react.

He's an opportunist, waiting for circumstances to align then making maneuvres where necessary.

What if Tony and Steve didn't do as he intended? Simple. Wait for next opportunity. Zemo is very patient.

Hydra really stopped being interesting a year ago

>without realizing who he's hurting along the way to that, becoming what he hates and all that.
Given his talk with T'Challa at the end, I don't think that's actually lost on him.

>Zemo is very patient.
And experienced.

A man can do anything if he has those traits.

Arguably that makes him smarter and more self-aware than Tony, Wanda, and T'challa, who all became totally self-absorbed in their personal grief.

I realize that, still seems like too much of a chance.

Next opportunity might have been lost, though, especially if Tony and Steve are able to get over it and move on. Which is definitely what will happen.

>and then you kill off Strucker in AoU
That was fucking dumb. Whedon dropped the ball there.

the plan wasnt necesarly "get cap and iron man into abandoned soviet station and show them the video"

the plan was "acquire video, show it to tony at earliest chance, make him go bearserk"

it wasnt that much of a stretch to know they were going to follow him into that station

Still, he defeated the gods who wrecked his life. One man.
And maybe he will get another chance, given time.

I have no idea why Black Panther didn't kill Zemo, though. I'm 100% certain T'challa in the comics would have killed him dead without hesitation.

He had overheard the message on Zemo's phone and seen him take the gun to himself.
He knew Zemo wanted to die, so he did what he could to punish him. Force him to live.

I felt like it was pretty plausible with him knowing where the other soldiers where and having Steve going there to stop him and then letting tony catch on with the dead body discovery