Superman saving people

>Superman saving people
Have you apologized yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would I apologize? I liked BvS from the start. Ultimate Cut just boosted it from masterpiece to SUPER masterpiece.

This scene was cut from the film
Because they didn't think it mattered
that it would clutter up the film
And you think these people can be trusted to work on the DCEU

Yeah. You showed me.

To be fair, stuff like Thor in the pool was cut from AoU

But yeah, both studios really fail to understand that moments like these are necessary to give humanity to characters.

>Have you apologized yet?
I will never apologize.

Why would I? Film is still shit regardless of leaving this scene in or not.

>To be fair, stuff like Thor in the pool was cut from AoU

Did you watch it? The extended version didn't add much other than a setup to Quicksilver's death and Hemsworth going FULL HAM.

It was in Zack's original cut. WB cut in down to fix into the theaters' timeslot.

I was never mad about the reckless Superman who wasn't always there when you needed him. Unlike the majority of people, I'm not so in love with the characters to lose my shit when Snyder doesn't do things like they were done in daddy's funny mags.

Who edited this movie anyway?

they should had cut the injustice dream sequence and keep this

Him not saving people was only a drop in a bucket full of water. Fixing one issue, a rather minor one involving a character, wont fix the other, more enormous ones, like awful pacing, lack of motivation, plot/subtext conflict, etc etc

Those problems don't exist in this movie though.

>Awful pacing, lack of motivation, plot/subtext conflict
All fixed in the Ultimate Cut

It helps with the pacing, but not much else.
Problem is, it's still 3 hours of boring setup to a conflict that ends 5 minutes after it begins.

It was removed for time to make room for more JL setup.

David Brenner.

Who decides which scenes get cut? Is it the Director or the Studio?

In any case, the entire Knightmare and Flash sequence should've been cut, to make time for scenes of Superman saving people, the Africa scene, and a scene of Clark reporting.

The fact that we have to thank for having Superman saving people is sad.

that wasn't in the movie I saw and I'm sure as shit not paying $20 to sit through that trainwreck again

Is this scene in the aftermath or the hearing or is it an extension of the montage at the start where it looks like Superman can hear all the TV interviews being played of people shitting on him?

After the bombing. He was helping the people until he heard all the people shitting on him and he had that dejected look

Fuck you the knightmare sequence is fucking great.
They should've cut the email scenes, those are the ones that don't fit with the plot nor aesthetically good looking.

Both those scenes should've never been shot in the first place because they're cluttered nonsense that come out of nowhere, disappear as soon as they arrive and fuck the pacing of the movie.

It's the editor. That's why they're called "editors".

Filmmaking is a collaborative process. No, really.

You gonna make me, tough guy?

The knightmare sequence's about Bruce's fear towards Superman and him righting to wrong at the end (instead of the possible future of post apocalypse with evil Superman he's going to form the justice league)

>Those problems don't exist in this movie though.

"This isn't 1938 anymore!"

No, because I can't help but notice nobody has told me who made the decision to edit that scene out yet.

>"Nothing stays good in this world"

Unless they removed this line the movie is still tryhard bullshit.

By human nature, we are hypocrites. so in that way, it's true.

>Ultimate Cut just boosted it from masterpiece to SUPER masterpiece
WB, pls put this blurb on the box

>what's character development

The film is still shit.

And it is a fucking travesty that something like this was cut to make way for more retarded dream sequences or scenes of Wonder Woman looking at an Justice League previews.

I thought the movie was incredible to begin with, the cuts just add more brilliance to it.

We should add "Everyone but Snyder is to be blamed for the theatrical cut"

I have no idea why this Superman didn't just murder Lex and Batman, tell the US to go fuck itself, and then go cry on the moon while cutting himself

That's pretty much the character they've established

>saves a skinny white blond

I still want to know why Superman just let Lex fly off in his helicopter. Melt the fucking engine. What's he going to do?

For that matter, how did this even make any sense. You have his mother hostage. What if he just takes you as collateral that he'll get her back safely? Superman should have just grabbed lex and flown to go meet Superman.

Why couldn't he hear his mom getting kidnapped in the first place

Lex said if he dies they'd kill Martha immediately.

27%

who said anything about killing Lex? Just keep him from taking off.

Why save blondes anyway? Especially American blondes.
They're all cunts.

>Superman should have just grabbed lex and flown to go meet Superman.
I like it.

Where he was wasn't relevent.

27%

And yes, most people thought the film was terrible.

There's a reason WB had to resort to pulling quotes from delusional DC-sucking youtubers to get any good press for it. Most people thought the film was trash, because it was.

>Enstablish a character can push a man through multiple walls at high speed faster than said man could pull a trigger
>Somehow the same character can't grab a baddie faster than he could call his men on the phone

On a helipad?

If he don't call back, they will kill Martha
Pretty simple logic user, kidnapping & extortion 102, didn't you learn that in college?

Everyone said the directors cut is better but after the mess BvS was I just can't bring myself to watch it.

kek
Agreed.

On the helipad or where ever he was going. It was Martha he was looking for not Lex.

>Enstablish a character can locate a girl he met a couple of years before on the other side of the planet
>Somehow the same character can't locate his fucking mother, in the same town as he is

And what's worse is, no matter how many excuses you could find, Superman could've stopped it all by just talking to Batman
>Hurr but Batman had traps
There was nothing forcing Superman to walk into such obvious traps. He could shout from the sky and everything'd be ok. And asking Bats to help would've been the perfect plan because, as we eventually saw, the masterplanner Lex had no fucking idea what was going on in the fight and was just standing there like an idiot wondering when Supes would bring a head

I genuinely get a headache at the idea of watching a 3-hour version of BvS. I came out of the theater feeling mildly depressed, I don't need that again.

No because instead of a dialogue between superman and Wally Wheelchair about the movies ideas of the controversies surrounding the existence of Superman in the court scene, we get a jar of piss instead

Zach Snyder is a juvenile 13 year old.

Directors cuts don't count

[BALDS EMOTIONALLY]

That does seem to be happening year
Sure there would have been other people involved but it's incredibly clear synder had plenty of input on what scenes made it in.

You guys are just going to have to accept the fact that Snyder makes exactly the types of movies he wants to make, and they're just not good

He got lucky with 300 and has done nothing since

I liked sucker punch.

It's OK to be a dipshit

Martha.

>David Brenner
Oh shit, he's in charge of editing the Justice League movie as well. It's fucked.

You forgot DANCE OFF BRO.

It would be a good addition but where would it go all the spots are taken

Well I was going to ask if the ultimate edition was in color but based on all these washed out grainy screenshots I guess it isn't. Too bad.

I think RLM put it best:
"Well maybe if they established that Lex..."
"Oh god, because we need another hour!"

Yeah, they should really get Ted Turner to colorize it

>hey, remember that movie that dragged on way too long with a million pointless scenes, a bad guy with no motivation, a plot that makes no sense under cursory inspection, and two characters meant to contrast that don't in any way?
>Want to watch it again with another 45 minutes of bullshit!?!?
I'd rather let a homeless man drive a railroad spike into my dick.

>Have you apologized yet?
Why would I apologize, OP? It's just a movie.

It's ok to like whatever, it's only important not to get delusional when discussing it with others

Like, Sucker Punch defenders often go in the 2deep4you territory, claiming the movie was too subtle for the public, or that Snyder wanted to be deep but the producers wouldn't allow him, or that it was a brave feminist action movie and that it's bad reputation is only due to the fact that silly men hate female leads

Nobody ever (hyperbole) goes "oh, i just enjoy the dumb action"

It's the same with BvS, not enough people seem to be able to think they may like it despite it's problems, they prefer to claim those problems were never real and that the everybody but them must be stupid or a [other company] drone for not recognizing the movie as a masterpiece, and that annoys people.

And not to sound paranoid, just saying, but you can see some Snyderfags add what i'm going to call for the lack of a better word "token criticism" to their comments on the movie just to pretend they must be the most objective of the bunch
>Oh yeah, the editing was a bit off...
>I can see some pacing issues, but...
>Maybe this scene was a bit silly, but still...
And now that the Ultimate Edition is a thing such attitude has been condensed into
>Snyder did nothing wrong, the producers/editor forced him to release a bad cut of the movie, but now it's perfect!

This image is hilarious in multiple way
>Civil War II's selling fucking shit and it awful
>Deadpool's owned by Fox
>Spiderman has rebooted twice in 5 years
>people has already forgotten the Civil War movie

I'm sure they're wiping their tears with multiple billions of dollars their movie universe is making.

You forget that issue was done by the creative mind behind "Additional voices" for Shark Tale.

In fact they were joking about Spisey's reboots
And they also joked about Marvel being split, in another page Storm and Wolverine are wondering why the other heroes won't talk to them anymore

But to be fair, in many cases the complaints are just as ridiculous as the excuses. Sometimes, and most times, people are so obsessed with blaming Snyder for everything that has gone wrong in their lives, that they don't even try to understand the movie, but instead they just vomit their pretended anger.

Well half of those are part of the joke I think, but what really gets me is Spider-Man saying "spend less time on setting up future movies" when Age of Ultron had that problem big time, and was even kinda boring so
>Yawn of Boredom
Is dumb.
I try to just avoid company wars, but when they put it right in their comics...

>WB charges Sup Forums an extra $20 to see Superman save people

There was a rating issue as well. What I don't understand is why they didn't drop what really weighed the film down, like the shanking sequence, the "fuck" line from cripple Scoot McNairy, the completely unnecessary and rushed JL cameos, and huge chunks of the final fight.

>>Superman being only as efficient at saving people as the firefighters around him

Holy shit. How is Snyder this fucking dumb?

When was it established that Superman couldn't see through lead? I mean, of course, if you're familiar with the character you know that, but that was never established in Man of Steel. How could Lois of all people know that?

Why didn't he superspeed them all to the hospitals?

he doesnt have a magic GOFAST feild around him that protects what/whoever he is touching. If supes tried that he would give everyone WHIIIIP LAAAAASH!

You know, now I want to see any movie superhero save some fat fuck that is twice their width. I know it would be more humorous than dramatic, but it would also be realistic.

Depends if they would've known if he had X-Ray vision. If someone assumes it worked exactly as described, than lead would be impervious to it.

>When was it established that Superman couldn't see through lead
Sometime in Weisinger's run, in the comics.

So then he should wrap them up in his cape.

You know, like in the comics.

fuck no

it's like going to a fancy dinner cause of all the waiting and reports of it being good.
then you get your burger. and it's just okay. you've had better.
you leave writing a report/survey of 'average'.
several months later the place sends you a doggy bag with extra sides (fries, a salad, and dessert with a card saying, 'hope you enjoy your full meal experience. please send back with a rating of 10 or higher'

fuck you
i will not

I mean, if you shoot a three hour film for a two hour slot, you can't act surprised when it gets cut down.
Snyder has done this repeatedly, to the point where it feels like it's more his fault than the studio. Run time is something you have to factor in when producing a film; you cant just say fuck it and film indefinitely, you'd be knowingly fucking over the people who bother to see it in theaters.

He was late for his session of sulking on top of a mountain.

I held out on not watching this movie until the ultimate cut and it was surprisingly a lot better than I thought it would be. In terms of editing, this movie would've been so much better if they cut out all of the horribly misplaced justice league set up, including the "knightmare" sequence. It looked cool but it was too jarring and meaningless a scene to cut to. The part with wonder woman looking through the files of the future jla members would've worked better as an after credits scene, maybe with Bruce looking on with her. Not much you can do about the stale ass superman performance and lex joker but fortunately everyone else gave good performances.

YOU PUT THOSE CHILDREN DOWN SUPERMAN

Yep.
Also the commercials for the Flash and Aquaman movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM