Prometheus=Alien covenant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aliens>Alien

Prometheus=Alien covenant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aliens>Alien

The number of people hating on these movies because it didn't blatantly give the audience answers doesn't surprise me at all. Everybody keeps praising the alien movies when those movies aren't good. Sorry but the only people who like those movies are people that grew up watching them. These huge ratings are simply blinded by nostalgia. These reviews keep pointing out that it's a horror but if you would play this movie in the theatres nowadays then it you have been taken as a comedy. Short anecdote, I was watching this movie with my friend and we started laughing so hard at the part where the robot was trying to shove a magazine in Ripley's mouth that I had tears in my eyes. I understand that it was something back in the day but when you compare the two it obvious which one is better. Also why do old futuristic movies suck at making things look futuristic. They really couldn't have changed the monitors even a little bit? Also those hairstyles are so bad. People from the 80s really did loose their fking minds. Might be a reason why the world is more fked up then usual.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

unironically this

promethus was shit, alien covenant was somehow worse than a movie with so many plotholes that I can't believe they managed to shit out a bigger stinker than prometheus

Aliens is a classic as an action horror and alien is a classic of horror.

This is one of the worst opinions I've ever read. You're even worse than the dumb kids who think Episode III is the best Star Wars movie. I hope you're baiting.

Let me guess, you've never seen a pre-1960 film and you think all pre-1980 films are "boring" and "dated"? Am I right?

Yes, because they are.

Is Ridley a hack or did he just pick the worst writer for Prometheus?

>implying Lawrence of Arabia, Taxi Driver, 12 Angry Men and Apocalypse Now are dated
Those films could come out tomorrow and they would receive critical acclaim. Genre films are usually products of their time but there are tons of masterfully crafted dramas that have aged flawlessly.

Prometheus was a masterpiece you nostalgic memelord.

Bit of both.

He's a hack for ever thinking explaining the mystery to one of his only great films was necessary and an idiot for picking shitty scripts.

Thanks for confirming your opinions are completely worthless. I bet you love capeshit.

List your top 5 favorite movies and your top 5 favorite directors.

>Doesn't refute any of the points

It was an unintentional mystery, according to the original premise of the Alien script the only purpose the Derelict had was foreshadowing. The Xenos were supposed to be the mystery with their black pyramid, the ship was just an alien version of Ripley and crew, destined to share a similar fate.

Then when that was removed and the eggs were instead arranged under a stasis field as if they served as some sort of weapon, the mystery of who the big bio-mechanical fossil was came to be.

I think the idea of exploring those aliens is interesting, but Prometheus did it completely wrong.

then again, he originally just wanted to make a movie about ancient aliens influencing humanity with some connection to Jesus Christ, with producers wanting an alien tie-in.

What points? All you did is nitpick. Your argument that Alien is dated is "LOL HE TRIED TO SHOVE A MAGAZINE INTO HER MOUTH!" and your argument that Aliens is dated is "WHY DO THE HAIRSTYLES AND MONITORS LOOK LIKE THE 1980S?! THE HACK FRAUD FILMMAKERS SHOULD'VE BEEN ABLE TO ACCURATELY PREDICT THE FUTURE!" Come up with some actual arguments, retard.

It wasn't. I loved the continuation of the Giger Aesthetic. Even with the Jockeys being big white humans they still looked Giger as shit with their bio-mechanical body suites that looked grafter to their skin.

The problem is the film just isn't written well. The characters all make completely retarded mistakes and the punchline of the movie is simply "Jesus was an Engineer and they were prepping to nuke earth with xeno-goop, Weyland is doing the same shit he did in every Alien film and the robot is an asshole"

>>>Doesn't refute any of the points
"HURR DURR PEOPLE ARE BLINDED BY NOSTALGIA! THAT'S WHY THEY LIKE THINGS I DON'T LIKE!" isn't a point, it's mindless shitposting.

Movies
5. The Grand Budapest Hotel
4. Sin City
3. Black Dynamite
2. A Serious Man
1. The White Ribbon

Directors
5. Steven spielberg
4. George Lucas
3. Wes Anderson
2. Ridley Scott
1. Michael Haneke

OP, when are you going to do this?

Kys

>5. Steven spielberg
Wait a minute, Spielberg released his best films in the 70s-80s and you think films of that era have aged badly. So are you a hypocrite or do you think his 90s-present work is amazing?

I called pre-80s movies shit, brainlet.

Wow, you've really made me think. This whole time my love of Alien has been pure nostalgia even though I was born 15 years after it came out. Thanks for waking me up, user. Now I'll only watch modern masterpieces like Alien: Covenant, Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones and Suicide Squad.

You shit on Aliens for looking like the 80s, brainlet.

Which was a problem that Steven's movies didn't have.

No they wouldn't, they would have been called out for the garbege they are.

>good reviews are fueled by nostalgia

Fuck off. I wasn't around when these movies came out, I watched Alien and Aliens just a year ago and they are better than most movies that come out these days, and definetely better than Prometheus.

Prometheus and Covenant are pseudo-intellectual slashers. I will admit, they aren't terrible, but they aren't great either.

His films are products of their time just like Aliens. There are all sorts of special effects in Raiders of the Lost Ark that would be done entirely differently nowadays.

Gas yourself you plebeian sperg

>4. George Lucas
>2. Ridley Scott

>There are all sorts of special effects in Raiders of the Lost Ark that would be done entirely differently nowadays.
Which prevent's the movie from showing it's true potential, it's sad that so many movies got ruined because of that.

Finally, a person who's not stupid enough to actually shit on these movies so hard.
I hate the fact that people hate these movies just because they can't use their own fucking brain to figure out what goes on in it.
Funny thing is: I'd say about half of the haters in this thread's opinion on this movie probably wasn't even structured from their own opinion and probably from some other scrub on the internet ranting on these movies.

Prometheus and Covenant aren't even canon, just interesting spin offs. Anyone who thinks otherwise, up to and including Ridley Scott himself, can fuck off.

You have objectively awful taste.

>Canon
You're just invoking the fags who hate the queen and jerk off to the Directors cut of Alien because they love to body cocoons.

both awful movies

AvP is shit like you

and you a faggot

and OP is a underage fedora pretencious hyper faggot troll.

All can suck my ass.

i really hated these