U.S.AVENGERS

comicbookresources.com/article/marvel-gets-patriotic-with-usavengers-series-from-ewing-medina

>The book comes from writer Al Ewing and artist Paco Medina, the creative team currently on "New Avengers." The book also looks like it will continue where "New Avengers" leaves off once the dust has settled from "Civil War II."

>The book will see Sunspot's Avengers Idea Mechanics evolve into the American Intelligence Mechanics, a new organization endorsed by the government and poised to replace S.H.I.E.L.D. In addition to Sunspot and "New Avengers" members Cannonball, Pod and Squirrel Girl, the new roster will include Red Hulk, a new Iron Patriot and a Captain America from the future. The new Iron Patriot is Toni Yinsen, daughter of Ho Yinsen (the scientist that helped Tony Stark build his original Iron Man armor). The new Cap is actually a future version of Danielle Cage, the daughter of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. Cage Cap previously appeared in the Al Ewing-penned "Avengers: Ultron Forever" storyline.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/07/01/marvel-is-creating-an-america-themed-avengers-led-by-a-british-writer-and-a-brazilian-mutant/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Happy Canada Day.

I only have one question - Why Avengers have to steal X-Men characters? Don't you have none on your own, fags?

Kek

>US Avengers
>written by a brit
Bravo marvel

>ever doubting Ewing

Marvel is GOAT

i'm just glad to have paco medina drawing squirrel girl.
no more of that frumpy drawn sg.

Fuck off back to the CompleX.

Ewing sucks

Al Ewing writing? I'll buy it.

but what the hell happened to POD? She's tiny and the Iron Patriot armor is gigantic.

Your balls suck.

Shut up fag.

Fuck you too, asshole

I love it when morons self-identify.

as an american, I'm fine with it.

Don't you have more conspiracy theories to investigate?

Please wait ware to post the original sauce.

>Ewing sucks your balls
ftfy

Ha ha ha, wow, you showed me.
Are you a shill.

>The new Iron Patriot is Toni Yinsen, daughter of Ho Yinsen (the scientist that helped Tony Stark build his original Iron Man armor).
What the fuck, dad help build iron man armor and her name is toni too. How original and subtle.

No. I have a legit question. If you don't want to answer, don't bother me

Is that chick in front of Toni supposed to be a slimmed down Pod?

Also its nice to see Ross has his Red Hulk powers back

>Ewing sucks your balls

He can suck both of our balls, user. I'm willing to share.

Red Hulk is making me chuckle but the rest of this sounds meh

>endorsed by the government and poised to replace S.H.I.E.L.D.
cya Maria.

There is nothing not glorious about this.

>dat squirrel girl

>Ewing is 2deep4u

Deal

How can Rebirth even compete?

washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/07/01/marvel-is-creating-an-america-themed-avengers-led-by-a-british-writer-and-a-brazilian-mutant/

>With the counterterrorism team S.H.I.E.L.D. having seen better days after one too many decisions gone wrong, the security of the United States within the pages of the Marvel Comics universe has been up for debate. If you can’t trust the super-secret spy organization that has always been there for you, whom can you trust?

>How about A.I.M.?

>The organization formerly known as the evil Advanced Idea Mechanics has been rebranded as American Intelligence Mechanics. In charge will be billionaire Brazilian mutant Roberto Da Costa, who will help introduce a super-team that the American people can trust: the U.S.Avengers.

>The first issue of U.S.Avengers will debut this fall from Marvel Comics, featuring a Da Costa-approved roster of Thunderbolt Ross the Red Hulk, Cannonball, an all-new Iron Patriot, a Captain America from the future (Danielle Cage, daughter of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones), Pod and the unbeatable Squirrel Girl.

>Writer Al Ewing will be scripting this new star-spangled team.

>“We wanted a couple of members that’d speak to the U.S. in the title — hence super-scientist and supporting player Dr. Toni Ho stepping up to the main team as the new Iron Patriot, and General Ross waiting in the wings as the Red Hulk,” Ewing told The Washington Post’s Comic Riffs. “And, of course, Danielle Cage, the Captain America of about thirty years in the future, who’ll be joining us for at least the first arc, as an enemy from her time comes to ours to stir up trouble.”

>Ewing says the U.S.Avengers will have an office in Washington, and may have the ear of the president, depending on who the next commander-in-chief is, but he expects the flashiness of A.I.M. to play into this team’s permanent home base.

>“A.I.M.’s always been a big, showy, volcano-base type of organization. We can expect Roberto to build them a flashy new HQ to match – whether that’ll be tied to any big population centers remains to be seen,” Ewing said.

>Not to be overlooked is that the United States-based team is led by someone not born in America. The Brazilian-born Da Costa will use his experience in the United States to guide him.

>Ewing says the U.S.Avengers will have an office in Washington, and may have the ear of the president, depending on who the next commander-in-chief is, but he expects the flashiness of A.I.M. to play into this team’s permanent home base.

>“A.I.M.’s always been a big, showy, volcano-base type of organization. We can expect Roberto to build them a flashy new HQ to match – whether that’ll be tied to any big population centers remains to be seen,” Ewing said.

>Not to be overlooked is that the United States-based team is led by someone not born in America. The Brazilian-born Da Costa will use his experience in the United States to guide him.

>“Here’s the thing about Roberto — he came to America in his teens, and, as both an actual and fictional minority, a South American mutant, he’s experienced the ugly side of it,” Ewing said. “But he’s seen the best of America, too. He has an absolute love for his adopted country, and he’ll fight to the end to save lives and help people.”

>No stranger to being non-American born and in charge of American superheroes, Ewing, who is British, says writing U.S.Avengers is a chance to explore what he’s learned in his time in America and incorporate his favorite things about the U.S. in his story.

they were allowed to use the word "mutant"?
are we in bizarro world?

Is Al Ewing the only decent writer Marvel has left? Maybe they should try signing some of the fresher DC Talent once they go big like they always do.

>“I’m interested in America, in exploring the reasons I like your country and love your citizens,” Ewing said. “I don’t think patriotism should be uncritical or unthinking — we’re seeing in Britain where that leads, and it’s horrible. I’m afraid for us. But that urge to love and care for the home you’ve made, whether you were born to it or chose it or fled to it, that’s worth something. People use it as a weapon, but it’s also an engine that drives great positive change in our communities.”

>The Avengers team is filled with veteran Marvel characters, some used to giving orders. But Ewing says Da Costa will establish early that he is in charge. Especially with members such as the Red Hulk

>“It’s one thing [for the Red Hulk to] take orders from Steve Rogers/Captain America, it’s another to take them from Roberto Da Costa, a man decades his junior who he doesn’t know. There may be friction,” Ewing hinted.

>As for Squirrel Girl, who has risen in popularity at Marvel, Ewing says it was only a matter of time before she was put on a team, and he looks forward to putting his own spin on the character.

>“The absolute best introduction you can have is in her own solo title, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, which is unalloyed genius, month after month,” Ewing said. “We’ll be presenting a slightly different flavor of Squirrel Girl, but I swear on a stack of nuts I will do everything in my power to maintain that awesomeness.”

>The first threat heading towards the U.S.Avengers will be a foe from the future, the Golden Skill, justifying the need of the Captain America of the future to help out in the first story arc of the series. Ewing says the Golden Skill will attempt a “global kleptocracy” in his past to secure evil doings in the future.

Bobby, what are you doing you're brazilian.

>The book will see Sunspot's Avengers Idea Mechanics evolve into the American Intelligence Mechanics, a new organization endorsed by the government and poised to replace S.H.I.E.L.D.
Well thanks for spoiling New Avengers for me. Good job.

>Ewing also won’t rule out the possibility of the old A.I.M. trying to make a comeback, saying readers won’t be wrong for naturally doubting the former bad guy hub can remain on the side of good.

>“Whether it’s okay to trust [A.I.M.] — well, maybe keep a few slivers of doubt in your mind just in case,” Ewing said. “You don’t reform a mad science organization without breaking a couple of bad eggs, and the old, evil A.I.M. might still be looking for revenge.”

>Thunderbolt Ross

I'd feel this'd be more interesting if it was a new thing, but it's just the continuation of New Avengers, and I'm just going to continue reading it

I kind of hope it actually goes somewhere though. SHIELD has been such a shitshow in the comics for so long it could do with a good replacing.

Can someone explain to me how or why a rich Brazilian dude is leading an patriotic American based team?

Last character design.

>CBR still calling pic related "Toni Yinsen"
fuck off

>mustache Rulk

It pleases me that his mustache is still there for once

10/10 Hulk form

because they don't have anyone else popular enough to lead an avengers book

M-Pox is giving Bobby grey hair?

Why does he look like a slightly tan white dude.

Well it's nice that were getting another team that isn't base out of New York.

Cannonball with a bomber jacket just makes sense

Dani Cage needs a haircut. She looks like Lion Captain America. Captain Lionmerica? Americalion Captain?

Also her costume's a bit shit but it'd probably look a great deal better with just short hair/a different headpiece

read the interview. Ewing explains it.

Yes. Finally.

>Ewing bringing a new successor for War Machine that's better than Bendis's OC
>Mustachioed Rulk
>Dani Cage as Cap
>Possibility of American Kaiju in the roster

So what's going to happen to the other members of the team?

Songbird, Power Man, White Tiger, Hulkling, Wiccan?

I assume things aren't ending well for Hawkeye

I'm not sure why Toni's head is so tiny. Is she a midget or something?

As a rich Brazilian who's contantly going to the US, the whole bit with Roberto Da Costa being a fucking minority and feeling persecution is stupid.

I'm hoping that he called Da Costa a minority for being mutant and not a foreigner.

Because Bobby figures he'll have less trouble if he appeases the US government rather, even if it's largely superficial, than having it constantly breathing down his neck

Well, Hawkeye is getting Bendis'ed.

because X-books will never let them Sam, Berto and most of the other New Mutants Generation Academy Young Light characters be relevant

Brazilians are mixed as fuck.

we don't know, but at a guess:
>power man + white tiger are ignored
>hulking + wiccan have adventures in another book. New Avengers?
>songbird is still infiltrating SHIELD, so probably something related to that

I'm wondering if there's going to be a Secret Avengers book with songbird in it.

Well, you never read X-books then.

It think it's to show that the armor is huge and not just the size of her body. It's like a tank.

>implying one of them will die or retire

>sexy, cute Doreen
please stop triggering Unfapable Squirrel Girl's editor

Nice that you're concerned about X-Men characters. But then again, it means that Avengers have no characters on their own

>there's currently 4 captain americas in Marvel
This is even worse than the 3 wolverines we have.

What X-Men characters there were not part of the Giant Size team, the Capcom games, or the 90s cartoon are currently on X-Books?

Basically just Illyana. Cannonball and Sunspot moving onto the Avengers roster was a smart move. They'd never be able to outshine Wolverine Storm Gambit Rogue Psylocke et all but they can pretty easily compete with like... Hercules or Dr. Druid or Black Knight

But Ewing loves Power Man and White Tiger

He's constantly figuring out cool ways to use Power Man's chi powers

Four? Steve, Sam, Dani Cage, and who?

>They've finally given Red Hulk the mustache

I N S T A N T B U Y
N
S
T
A
N
T

B
U
Y

When you see what happened to War Machine, I'd put an extra layer of iron between me and whatever's out to kill me

The Buff Battleworld one in Spider-Man 2099.

Cap 2099 in Spider-Man 2099. Haven't kept up with it though. Maybe David has realized that she's a terrible character by now and sent her home or something.

You don't understand the question. Why X-MEN characters? Don't avengers have characters on their own? They could use Triathlon, for example

Idie, Monet, and Fantomex

>ha ha let's make an Avengers team to make fun of American tropes
>no way that's overplayed at all

Fucking Anglos just kys

Why would anyone use Triathlon?

>They could use Triathlon, for example

Please no. Not again.

because Triathlon sucks and the X-men aren't using them

Then someone else? Why does it HAVE TO BE an X-Men character?

>as both an actual and fictional minority, a South American mutant
He has dark skin and in his introduction as a character he gets beat up just for that. And that's when he was still in brazil.

Don't overthink this please.

The only thing that I'm mildly upset over is that it's called U.S.Avengers, yet John Walker is surprisingly abscent

Other than that, seems pretty neat-o

Didn't he lose all his Hulk powers during Duggens Hulk run?

Why not? X-Men have been crossing over to the Avengers for decades.

He did.

Yeah, remember when Berto was the leader of the X-Men?
When Sam was treated with as much respect as Storm or Wolverine?
Me neither

Because they're good characters that the writer wanted to use?

Because the Avengers books were already using them from Hickman's run and set them up in new status quos that the X-books aren't currently capable of addressing.

Because for sure there are plenty of characters in huge marvel universe? Unless only X-Men characters exist?

Only Beast, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver did. Otherwise, nope, until Bendis happened. Get your facts straight.

He actually was. Not only that. Berto was a leader of numerous mutant teams.
And yeah, Cannonball was an X-Man and the MAIN leader.

>No U.S. Agent
>No American Kaiju

>implying Ross will regain his powers if he gets too close to the comatose She-Hulk or the gamma source for the American Kaiju

Rebirth is dead. Buried. Marvel's back.

How many Avengers joined X-Men? Hickman used them only because Sam & Roberto digital mini was the first thing Hickman wrote for marvel, so it was nostalgia. It doesn't justify using them again.

But then again, Ewing lacks originality.

did he do anything after his stint as a jailer for the Thunderbolts?

Cannonball and Sunspot get respect only when Storm, Wolverine, or any of the main X-Men from the 60s to 80s are not around
I don't want then to be back in the X-books, if it's to beg Ororo to give them a kiddie Squad to lead

>A brazilian negro mutant is going is going to command the USA avengers

I didnt vote for this.

Also is good to see that Roberto is catching up with magic to become the most popular new mutant

He joined the Dark Avengers team when they got stranded in a pocket reality and replaced his missing limbs with symbiote

And he's going to show up in Sam Wilson's book soon. Solicits say its to force him to give back the shield but that seems asshole-ish even for him

>Hickman wrote for marvel, so it was nostalgia. It doesn't justify using them again.
I like how you don't even consider the idea that Hickman liked the characters before writing them

New Mutants really doesn't get any respect from anyone except the most die hard X-Weirdos

>More memes
Sure buddy. How about you read an x-book once in a while, you fucking idiot

Being an X-Man is something you have to do if you're a mutant. If all you can do is change your hair from red to blue, too bad, enroll at Xavier's so there's a buffer between you and everyone who wants to lynch you because you're a threat somehow. Even if you're complete shit and hate everyone there, they'll still make you go. Maybe you'll have to be the janitor.

Being an Avenger is something you get to do as a reward for someone realizing you're not a fucking waste of space.

>Red Hulk
>With the mustache

Golden Skull. This sounds great.