Why did his joker turn out so bad despite spending months method acting for 5 minutes of screentime?

why did his joker turn out so bad despite spending months method acting for 5 minutes of screentime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UBA93KESXAg
youtube.com/watch?v=2aOrDJH6ABE
youtube.com/watch?v=H8GQaCzhQwg
youtube.com/watch?v=HTYM78H6HMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because of the violent psychotic shit leto did on set he had to be kept for months in some secluded insane asylum.
his mother was also pretty agitated.

that's bullshit, all he did on set was send rats to cast members it wasn't some day lewis fuckery

Hating on Leto Joker is a Facebook tier normie meme, fuck off. He was great. Closer to comic-accurate Clown Prince of Crime, or Morrison's Thin White Duke of Death. The tatts were a little much, otherwise the performance was on point. Laughing at shit only he finds funny while freaking everyone out, colorful goons with branded gear, a dandy aesthetic. I get that a generation was weaned on Ledger's le So Random Anarchist Hobo man, but that wasnt actually the Joker.

Because he's a bad actor

Really user? You really think so or did you just wanna weigh in with something cynical and thats all you could come up with?

>le so random anarchist hobo man

fucking comicfags

Nah, youre wrong. Leto was garbage, every live Joker tops his joker.

Youre a fucking idiot.

>Nah, youre wrong.
Insightful argument.

You do realize it's a comic property?

comics are for kiddies, if they were to base every batman off the comics we'd get some marvel shite

thank fuck for nolan, wouldn't be watching any DC

Comics are for children. All I care about is what's onscreen, if it's not good, I don't are if it's accurate or not, only that it's not good

because he wasn't presented properly. SS's shit editing fucked him over. Also, the whole tattoo and grill shit was stupid.

Classic Nolan fans.
>Comics are childish but he made them deep and realistic for the discerning gentleman such as myself ;)

I don't even like Nolan, in fact, I resent him for turning something so simple into some global phenomenon. The best Batman movies, Begins and 1989, mix the comic book vibes with visual storytelling, rather than trying to show how real and grim they ate

classic nu-male, comic le redditor

go wank off to rick & morty, star wars and beards

He sent dead pigs as well.

fuck off
the joker has had so many different incarnations even in the comics that trying to argue "he's closer to the comic book version" is pure bullshit. I'm not a fan of Ledger's joker either but leto was utter garbage.

Yes yes. Bc it's super masculine to spend time in this Joker thread on a Cantonese animation forum.

(You)

>so bad
fuck off pleb

See

D A M A G E D
A
M
A
G
E
D

why was he even in the movie?

Name recognition

To save Harley from being in the sequel.

>had stupid tattoos on face
>badly edited in the flick, he couldnt even finished 3 words without it cutting to someone else face and his lines to be dubbed over
>laugh dubbed constantly, same one 90% of the time
>quickshots of him
>fag director who was to busy sucking cock in a trailer to make a capeshit flick
>DC
>DC
and
>DC

he can be redeemed in a solo batman flick with affleck, as long as they alter his look, give him scraggier hair and yellow/gold grills and remove the tattoos..

>closer

he was barely in the fucking movie and looked like shit to be able to compare him to anything you fat normie get a haircut

The problem with him is he didn't understand the character. Leto perceived the Joker as someone who is just "I'M ABSOLUTELY BONKERS!! FUCK YOU IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!! ALSO DONT TOUCH MY HARLEY, OR I'LL GO NUTS!!"
I knew this was going to happen when I read he interview with Empire. Here's a direct quote from the article "...before Empire could get anything out of Leto, he had to decide if he should even pick up the phone:

'I was just thinking that the Joker would probably just say, ‘Fuck you,’ and hang up.'"

If you know the Character of the Joker, you know he loves attention probably wouldn't tell the Gotham Gazette "Fuck you" and hang up, he'd most likely take the opportunity to do something he'd find funny like actually do the interview while masquerading as a 'victim' to Batman's violence. He might or might not kill someone, but it's probably what would happen.

TL;DR: Leto didn't understand the character, that's why he sucked.

>Attractive chad
>Unfunny
>Edgy tattoos
>Manifesting love for harley quinn

Geez i dunno, it's like it was nowhere near the DC joker

Poison Ivy is the only one allowed to have genuine love for Harley. Joker's relationship with her must be abusive and dispassionate.

Considering one of the hallmarks of the Joker's personality is that he's a raging narcissist, the tattoos make sense. The complaint that he looks like a Joker fanboy is nonsense. He's his own biggest fan. Like of course he'd get tattoos commemorating himself.

The movie wasn't good, but Leto is. He deserves a better script to play with the character.

there is only one good joker outside the comics.

my god new teenfags are bites Annoying

Leto is a Bad actor...period

You're doing great user.

There are the people your posting with. Just let that sink in.

Jared Leto is a meme actor.

See how long you can last before laughing or cringing

Its an embarrassing performance

>dem snarls
>dat quiet talk AND THEN LOUD

youtube.com/watch?v=UBA93KESXAg
youtube.com/watch?v=2aOrDJH6ABE
youtube.com/watch?v=H8GQaCzhQwg
youtube.com/watch?v=HTYM78H6HMo

1) Method acting is a meme. As in the lay person won't recognize good method acting from good ol' regular Gielgood / British stage acting. So building it up as like this magic thing that some actors can do to get the BEST performance is retarded.

2) One good performance can't make a movie. Especially not Suicide Squad.

>implying superhero movies are any better than anything you listed

it wasn't bad though

he was barley in the movie, and the fact that he cared for Harley in the slightest is just stupid
and

DAMAGED

Because they tried to make him a fucking jiggalo.

It's not that he was actually in love with Harley but rather she was his property. So when Batman or Waller takes his shit, he's gonna get it back.

Its really wierd because while Leto's performance was not good I would watch him reprise the role just to see more of this particular take on the character.

>Oh you know I'd do anything for you!~

I almost walked out of the theatre right then and there and I'm not even kidding.

As far as I know he was literally the first joker to ever 100% be confirmed a cuck.

He literally killed someone for not fucking his girl.

Nope. He's in love with her and he knowingly thinks he's a giant faggot for feeling that way.

Well apparently he had more scenes but they were cut a long with a lot of stuff. Rshoots lmao.

What a bizarrely defensive response

>To stupid to get capeshit

Yea that was my point bud. He's a talented actor whether you dug this performance or not. There exist, believe it or not, more films in which he acted besides this capeflick.

>Closer to comic-accurate Clown Prince of Crime
Fuck you, lying faggot. He was nothing like an actual Joker. This wannabe gangsta MOMSGONNAFREAK with shitty tatoos is aJoker to you? Real Joker would kill him by really cruel way for beig this faggot. Filthy casual.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

HOW DID THEY FUCK UP SO BADLY HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You sound well.

They would never admit it but they cut his scenes because his performance is kinda cringey.

But like I said before, I think the take on the characters itself is interesting with the whole mob gangster in makeup thing.

Similar to Sam Jackson as Mace Windu where the performance wasnt good even though the underlying character itself is cool.

Because he looks and acts like a mall crawling, slipknot listening, edgelord, faggot.

He was the least like actual Joker out of any on-screen portrayal of the character and you know nothing about comics if you think otherwise. He wasn't the Joker at all, he just portrayed an eccentric juggalo. Everything about it looked cheap. Cheap hair dye, bad tattoos. Like a shitty Joker costume from a Halloween party. You might bitch about Ledger's Joker because he had long hair and messy makeup but at least he actually had something to do with the plot of the fucking movie.

Go to bed Jared

Which books are you referring to I wonder in which the Joker mopes about saying edgy shit about child abuse and has epic scars and stuff? The Azzarello tie in doesnt count. Bc the Joker I know is an outrageous dandy who has a great time doing what he does. You can take your time to really try.

>but at least he actually had something to do with the plot of the fucking movie.
This. It's weird, I never realized your point until now. I was so annoyed by the Joker, I never even thought about why he was there.

The biggest problem was the script. They needed more comedic writers to fill in the blanks of his dialogue.

Because there were always these beats in the conversation where he SHOULD say something witty and then....nothing.

Thats why his performance came off so cringey. Because he was forced to unnaturally "act" to fill in the empty space where there should have been a witty quip.

This is how a normie thinks a demented person works like.
Frank Miller did the best joker.

This was the best joker out of any comic

i thought the problem with marvel was witty quips

is this a funpost

Except the stories he told about his 'childhood' turned out to be completely made up, which is the most Joker thing ever. Pay attention faggot. I don't know what planet you're on where Ledger's performance was 'mopey'. He was giggling through the whole movie. That shit with him blowing up the hospital and the button not working at first was funnier than anything in Suicide Squad.

>Bc the Joker I know is an outrageous dandy
With grills. Because as we all know, the Joker is a fan of the Insane Clown Posse. So profoundly accurate to the character. You are a special kind of stupid.

Ever hear of Scott Snydee you fucking casual?

HE'S THE FUCKING JOKER you fucking mong.

The Joker invented capeshit quips.

Snyder I mean

Yea, the most joker thing ever is telling some edgy story about child abuse. And the problem was I wasn't paying attention. Bravo Nolan. So very deep.

Imagine being 15 years old and actually believing this lads

>watxhes capeshit flick
>didn't walk out of capeshit movie he hated because he's such a capeshit fanboy
>makes sure to tell everybody online he *almost* did to seem sophosticated
You are unironically the most pathetic human being on all of reddit.

Oh, no, you called me a child. Trenchant insight.

I'm serious when I say in the next DCEU installment involving the Joker the character needs its own dedicated team of writers to make sure the dialouge for him specifically is witty and on point.

Seriously kill yourseld.

You seriously need to know when you got BTFO

pls teach me to be as cool as you.

was hoping Leto would go this route and look like him

>get high
>turn on suicide squad
>get about half way through
>"hey this isn't half bad"
>scene where joker shows up in the helicopter
>from that scene onward you can literally see the choppy editing, reshoots, and executive meddling

Movie is a solid 4/10 its pretty horrible and Leto was TERRIBLE. Its like they told him "be like heath ledger but waaaay edgier"

he tried too hard. sort of like going full retard, you never do it because it always fails.

notice how pretty much everyone overwhelmingly disliked Leto's joker? people who don't understand film making and people don't read comics disliked him. that's what happens when you try too hard, everyone can sense it.

Leto can't act. No amount of twatting about pretending to be the character in real life can change that.

jared post cock

Why does Reddit love this movie so much lads?

>pretending to be retarded to avoid admitting you have no idea what you are talking about

I can't believe how many people are seething at your reasonable post. I hope they get AIDS, because they lower the tone of Sup Forums.

What are you even trying to say? I was being sarcastic you fucking autist. You, or whomever, said the most Joker thing ever is making up a backstory in which he was abused as a child. I don't agree that that's the most Joker thing ever, see?. I hope this is clearer. Words can be challenging I know.

>he tried to hard.

This.

He comes off as extremely tryhard and it breaks the immersion. But I still think that was a side effect of him trying to fill in the blanks of the script giving him nothing interesting to say.

>Mark Hamill, best Joker
>Kevin Conroy, best Batman
How can their characterizations be so based regardless of medium?

Can I sue this "man" for stealing my word for word post from last night?

I've been making this argument since the film came out mate. You likely got it from me. Search the archive if you'd like.

>I don't agree that that's the most Joker thing e
Try actually reading a comic book than

That would be me in the archives though.