Han Solo Movie Was Too Comedic For Lucasfilm

>According to EW, there was some confusion between the parties as to what the proper approach should be for Han Solo. Lord and Miller were under the impression they were hired to direct a comedy set in the Star Wars universe, while Lucasfilm envisioned a more “grounded” space opera with comedic bits – like the original trilogy. During production, Lord and Miller also started to go off-script and encouraged the actors (including creative types like Donald Glover and Phoebe Waller-Bridge) to improvise during filming. These changes allegedly impacted the original story as conceived, and the studio believed “the directors had a responsibility to tell the story as written.”

>The directors and Kennedy had different ideas for what was best for Han Solo. Once the dailies came in, it was apparent everyone didn’t see eye-to-eye. Additionally, Star Wars News Net heard star Alden Ehrenreich addressed his own concerns about the way things were going during shooting.

>hire comedic directors
>be surprised they make a lighthearted adventure

Other urls found in this thread:

starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/06/what-our-sources-are-saying-about-the-star-wars-han-solo-shakeup.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh boy. Another Rogue One tier snorefest

How dare they make a fun movie!

Fire these assholes, we need a completely sterile end result that has been pandered to focus groups endlessly. This will surely create an enjoyable product!

we need a dark tragic story where han solo has a love interest and she dies so he jaded and make me cry :(

"Make something like The Empire Strikes Back" - Disney to anyone involved in a Star Wars movie

>Sup Forums complains that capeshit is just quip, quip, quip
>Sup Forums complains when a studio fires the directors of capeshit-in-space for wanting to make a quipfest

Now I know you clowns are just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

God forbid you actually form an opinion of your own instead of choosing whatever Norman doesn't.

Actually idiot people are worried they are going to get another movie with the tone of Rogue One

When a movie about a young Han Solo should be lighthearted

Yeah, but not "Ace Ventura in Space", which is apparently the direction Lord and Miller were going into.

starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/06/what-our-sources-are-saying-about-the-star-wars-han-solo-shakeup.html

>For anyone who’s worried that the actor playing a young Han Solo isn’t taking his role seriously, rest easy – Ehrenreich one of the most important people involved with the project who voiced his concerns about the project at a crucial moment in the movie’s development, which means that he’s absolutely committed to bringing his A-game to this role. Ehrenreich’s performance has been described to us as being an interesting new take on Han that stands out on its own while still honoring the essentials of the character, and that it’s a worthy interpretation of the iconic scoundrel.

>And this is why Ehrenreich had concerns with the production as filming progressed. He started to worry that Lord & Miller’s screwball comedy angle was starting to interfere with what the character of Han Solo is really about – even if this was a younger, more reckless take on the character than the one we met in that Cantina on Tatooine. One source described it as being oddly comparable to Jim Carrey’s performance in Ace Ventura at times. Ehrenreich let his concerns be known to one of the producers, who then told Kennedy about it, which led to her decision to look over the existing footage (which is also a normal part of the production process, but this is where things get interesting).

nononononoNONONONONONONON

No one wanted a Han Solo movie.

Ace Ventura in space would actually be something to watch but you just know it will be gotg.

WHAT?!? The guys mainly know for making comedies directed the movie as a comedy?!?

This movie will be so fucking bad, but it won't matter because people like brands not content.

itll be fucking shit either way you dumb cunts

>The directors and Kennedy had different ideas for what was best for Han Solo
Kennedy would've turned Han into a dyke if she could. Fuck her.

Get ready for this untalented cunt to fuck the corpse of this movie with her "I'm acting!" eyebrows

I can't wait for RLM to take a massive stinky direreah shit all over this hot garbage. Fuck this shit. Im so sick of Disney ruining films.

>encouraged the actors (including creative types like Donald Glover and Phoebe Waller-Bridge) to improvise during filming

>take a humorous character (not Jar Jar comic relief, just a character that's lighthearted and has a lot of great, funny moments in the films)
>hire Donald WE WUZ KANGZ Glover and Woody Harrelson to star in the picture
>expect it to be dark and gritty like Rogue One
?????

who's this sperm worm

I didn't expect the fallout,

because these assholes make comedies. I thought that was what they were after.

Fuckin' Disney

is that caloreesi ?

Pluto Nash

rogue one is NOT a star wars movie.

IT. IS. NOT.

>han solo got saved from becomming a snarky teenage quipfest
based

>this fag

It was a 3/10 while TFA was 2/10

>guy who plays the main character sold out the directors
What a piece of shit

>biggest fucking star wars fan of all time since childhood (i know what an ugnaught is for fucks sake)
>never saw rogue one

Fuck disney, I will not buy into their bullshit

I'm calling the plot now. Han Solo works for the Imperial Empire as a Stromtroper but leaves too become a smugger, where he meets a giant Wookie too look intimidating when he enters shady areas.

He leaves the imperial army... after witnessing them oppressing Chewbacca on life day!

Is the the fucking final casting? Jesus christ, the caster needs to be fucking shot in the head. The guy who played young Harrison in Age of Adaline looks and sounds MILES better than this ugly faggot. Jesus christ.

>like the original trilogy
Key phrase right there, the pinnacle of the whole disney buyout

I'd still cum in that

a retired loser from the fifth column

Are you serious ? This is Marion Maréchal-Le Pen from the Front National.
/pol postergirl

He was handpicked NY Kennedy

He's a loyal dog

Solo doesnt look "all that young" in the OP pic. That washed up GOT slut looks bad, the other roastie looks ugly as hell. Man this looks bad.

Spielberg discovered him at a Bat Mitvah

Is that that chewbacca on the right without an makeup?

They almost certainly hired them because of track record of success and name recognition. That was where there thought process began and ended. They just wanted to slap those director names on whatever the business side wanted the product to be with little to no meaningful input from the chosen directors. Business often focuses too much on brand and name and safety without really understanding the creative reasons behind why those things even reached the point that they mattered in the first place. It was a business decision, period.

Her eyebrows are legit distracting, almost nauseating.

>donald glover
>emilio c clarke

jesus

>tfw couldn't even bother finishing it
I was just so god damned bored.

Was she doing her best laughing Yao Ming impression?

>. The guy who played young Harrison in Age of Adaline looks and sounds MILES better than this ugly faggot.

Maybe he is not a jew?

Rogue one was the best one you mongoloid.

BVS apologist detected

>Ron Howard

LMAO

Bad bad decision. The film is going to be comedic one way or another, simply because the lead actor looks nothing like Han Solo, and most likely is not good enough at acting to make up for it. The result will most likely be absurdist. You might as well do it as a comedy.

This isn't the first time Disney told Phil Lord and Chris Miller to fuck off

Batman vs superman?

Wow what a bitch

rogue one IS NOT STAR WARS you festering sore on a diseased monkey's butt

Neither was The Force Awakens

i agree
TFA is an abomination

R1 is so fucking terrible, it's hilarious how nothing in the movie works.

>Sup Forumss poster girl
>moved to cote d'ivore and is probably taking miles of black cock now
P O T T E R Y

>manlet acts like a bitch
Why am I not surprised. This casting choice is nonsensical.

>Ron Howard

HHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHJAHAJAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAA

>rogue one: a star wars story
>it was a STORY
a story is someone telling you a tale.
>no narration in rogue even

>way too many fucking characters and ones that add absolutely nothing to the plot
What was Forest Whitaker doing in that fucking movie? He didn't even do anything.

Context, faggot

A lighthearted Han romp would be great

literally the best director the franchise has ever had. name one bad movie Howard made. I'll wait...

Every Dan Brown movie and Frost/Nixon

So let me get this straight
>Kathleen Kennedy fingering the production
>Amelia fucking clark is terrible, shocking
>directors fired
>Disney meddling with the tone, again
> once again derivative of old Star Wars material
> promises to live up to "the legacy"

I'm sure it'll be the best movie ever.

I bet Lord and Miller refused to give Emilia Clarke (who's rumored to be the female lead in the Han Solo spin-off movie, hopefully not) more screen time than Alden Ehrenreich so Kennedy got mad because this wasn't in line with her ideals and fired them.

He was in clone wars and parts of rebels
That's disneys whole deal now, you have to watch their other garbage or you're lost. Marvel pioneered that.
They accept all credit cards and first borns

Kill yourself

Fucking this. The fuck is wrong with you people. I'm honestly surprised you guys are defending the Lego movie fags.

The fact that Kathleen Kennedy is actively seeking out real talent (Howard) to prevent Star Wars from going full meme actually makes me want to watch this now. And I prefer the prequels over the fake Disney bullshit.

This.

>Sup Forums is one person

>implying the whole of Sup Forums isn't a collective that parrots opinions

Honestly that sounds stupid, a 21 jump street style han solo movies just wouldn't work. It would seem too much like a parody

so he went over the director's head. what a douche.

>Lets make a han solo film that no one is asking for
>who zhould direct?
>how about those L/M they can make uncovential premises work
>They have a unique fun/comedic style
>WAIT WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE MAKING IT IN THEIR STYLE OF A HUMOUROUS FILM???
>WE WANTED THEM TO COPY THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY
>YOURE FIRED
>Get me Ron Howard

So only Marvel films can have quips now, Disney?

It's like you want Marvel for "boys only" and Star Wars for "girls only" somehow

>One source described it as being oddly comparable to Jim Carrey’s performance in Ace Ventura at times.

RIP kino

I don't know if the people making decisions on Disney tv/channels are the same ones making decisions on Disney movies (or if there's one overall policy decided upon by top execs). I do know that Disney channel is focusing on girls. They shut down their Disney XD channel which focuses on shows for boys. And they solicited for tv show proposals specifying that it be a girl-buddy comedy show.

This movie will be Han Solo: Furiosa Spaceroad.

You hear it here first.

>Maybe he is not a jew?
Why would you say that? Are you implying that they only hire jews? Wouldn't that be illegal?

The Venn diagram for fans of Lord and Miller and Star Wars is probably more people than you'd think. I can only speak for myself, but I love their comedies and I think their take on a Star Wars movie would be fun and refreshing.

That said, I get where Disney is coming from- they have a whole universe with continuity and obsessive fans that complain about EVERYTHING, so if they say/do the smallest thing that deviates from the cannon, or flies in the face of upcoming plot lines it could be very harmful.

Kennedy did nothing wrong, she knew it was turning into a Marvel-tier quipfest from comedy hack writers

MRAs BTFO again

>all comedy is just quips

if Ron Howard is on board it will as bland and mediocre as possible. He is the Tom Petty of fim making

Can confirm I am in this venn diagram. Fuck Disney/Kennedy

im going to watch this just because Emilia Clarke is CUTE

>Ron Howard director of "Inferno" hired to finish movie.

What could possibly go wrong?

>George wearing a Han Shot First shirt
I don't understand this shit anymore

Han is getting defiled just like Indy

She cant crontrol them

Imagine what her eyebrows do when you give her an orgasm :$

Kathleen Kennedy fired these guys because they weren't focusing enough on the female lead.

What the fuck is wrong with his hairline?

>no fun allowed
Fuck Disney.

I can't wait for the Emilia Clarke movie with supporting character Han Solo in a minor role

I'm sure going behind the directors' back and getting them fired is gonna work out great for him