In westerns...

In westerns, why doesn't one guy just shoot the other one when he's off guard instead of waiting for the other guy to get in position and engage in a staring contest for 5 minutes?

Dueling laws

When someone draws, the other is just acting in self-defense.

a little thing called honor, kid

the longer you wait, the more damage the bullet will deal

>things women will never understand

L O N D O N

See You're making it "legal" by having the other guy draw.

based frogposter

they're not niggers

the unfairly shot guy would automatically win because the other guy broke the rules

>frog
bump

this

and also its a nerve wracking situation and being hesitant to maybe die in a second is understandable

the legality doesn't really matter in clint eastwood situatons where there is no one around but most of the time duels take place in towns with people watching

Get three coffins ready

>what is honor

Are you a roastie or something?

>he's a chargfag
spamming the buster > single charged shot

guns back then had a little handcrank you had to turn to power them up, thats why they're fidgeting with the gun while its still by their side

this actually does happen in

Wide Open Range

good kino

>dumbasses not understanding mexican standoffs
the first to draw is committing attempted murder, the second is shooting in self defense
also consciously drawing and firing a gun is slower than reflexively firing a gun
the chances are pretty much 50/50

No you don't you stupid redditors. Duels were still illegal and it doesn't count as self defense if you willingly engage the situation. Just like it isn't self defense to suggest a fight and then let the other hit first.

This isn't how law works and you can't just outsmart it like in cartoons. Especially someone retarded like you you fucking redditors.

boo fucking hoo
sometimes movies aren't realistic you faggot

Don't talk to your mother that way

that's called honor, jew

You are the faggot
>OP asks question
>uh ayckshully i know from historical duelling laws the explanation for this i happen to be an expert
>those weren't the historical duelling laws
>boohoo everything isn't like it was in history you faggot
Just admit you made a retarded mistake

No, you are a faggot.
>OP's question is answered
>continues sperging out
>muh laws
>muh I lived back in the 1800's so I know
get the fuck out nigger

>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Rob Ford
>Ford shoots James in the back of the head whil he doesn't even have his gun on him.
>Coward

It's pretty self explanatory.

This.
Back in the 19th century duels were legal. I believe they fell under "justifiable homicide".

If you kill a man I a duel you acted in self defense and within the law.

If you bushwhack a man, you've killed him in cold blood. That's what we call murder.

Your thinking 18th century, though most states would outlaw the practice before too long. True standoffs were rare, most gunfighters ambushed people, the best documented stand off would be the gunfight in thombstone.

He's probably talking about McCree and not MegaMan.

OP is probably a minority

Or a woman.