At least, before he died, Meemo knew exactly what kind of person Varga was

At least, before he died, Meemo knew exactly what kind of person Varga was.

The best Fargo villain? maybe, maybe he did in fact know

bump[

The season finale was so underwhelming to me that it changed my opinion on the season.

this to be quite fair

Varga is still the best antagonist though

Why did you dislike it? I really enjoyed it.
I was rooting for Sy and he got a bad ending, but as a finale, I thought it was good

RIP our little memer.

Emmit and Sy didn't deserve this shit, man.

Yep, Vargo should have leaved the door open so he could die with other retards.

agree with those gentlemen

Am I the only one with a slight mancrush to Meemo? I might be autistic but as a manlet, I'm going to copy his wardrobe and style, looks clean as fuck

you can literally only pull this look off if you're asian

stick to video games

it is implied in the show that he is a spook right?

what was the point of the guy being accused of murder in e01? did varga escape? what happened to the russian hitman? fuck this.

I don't get it. I was sort of drunk when i watched EP but what happened to Varga?Did he just walk out like a boss?

the guy in e1 was wrongfully accused of murder since he had a similar name to cossack yuri. showing that cossack yuri is evil!!!!

it is heavily implied that he died "in" the bowling alley while wrench and nikki were allowed to continue living. he bled out from having his entire ear chopped off.

and yes varga escaped. 2=1>movie>3

prove me wrong

>rating anything above the movie
but why? the movie was a perfect tragicomedy about idiots getting in over their head and the cop who doesn't do much to stop them.

The point was setingt up the purveying theme of the entire season, and the commentary on Fargo in general, about making a story real.

Meme-O is dancing in the Black Lodge with Yuri. He was best boy.

I'm ok with MEW death, it's random and shit fargo style

I'm ok with the suspended finale, wich much likely varga just walk out like a boss and gloria finally know she "didn't exist"

I'm ok with everything but why the fuck mr wrench would kill emmit five years after the final showdown? This is just stupid.

he was put in place of the real yuri. like how later in the season they had a fat asian man get arrested for the stussy murders so that meemo, the real killer, could walk around. also sets up the theme that no matter how far you run from your past, it will come get you, even if you think you are in the clear. yuri thought he was clear of his crime of killing helga, but still got nailed for it. emit thought he was clear of his crime killing ray, but he still got what was coming to him.

varga did and did not escape. schrodingers cat situation.

what a retarded theory

this only applies to varga, yuri is for sure dead. stop shitposting

The finale was Omega Station levels of stupid. Emmit dying was nonsensical, predictable and boring.

It's as if every character who isn't a cop or related to a cop, deserves to die in this show. And people then defend shitty writing time and time again with, "It's supposed to not make any sense!"

Who the fuck writes these season finales? Why are they so shitty?

that's the season in general. the good aspects were really good but as a whole it was pretty underwhelming.

The finale was dumb, and broke it's own dumb rules. It can't just have it's cake and eat it too.

>hurr durr we going to put supernatural omnipotent characters in the show that predict the future
>hurr durr nah we will just have the girl die randomly by a state trooper all randomly lol

You can't set up a show to have a structured theme and flow, and then make that theme or flow irrelevant for the sake of being random (aka pleb fodder).

what kind of poison permanently paralyzes you? not asking if there is one, but which could it be?
also sy did nothing wrong

This, all that stupid biblical quote "you will remember it when bla bla bla"

no point in it

not surprised by the type of ending they went for

the season kept inflating like a balloon and instead of a tremendous pop it just kept deflating unsatisfyingly. there's probably loads to appreciate on a deeper level but on a surface level I felt like the season failed

Yeah the major twist is when you know Varga's business was basically legal, he just didn't pay taxes (wich is not even a crime in my country)

Sy's fate really depressed the shit out of me

Nah you've gotta just be lean and neat, I see white guys wear that shit all the time.

He didn't even have a similar name to Yuri, he just lived in the home Yuri lived in a few months prior.

Wrench was an escaped convict, he probably wanted to fuck off with his money and lay low for a bit. Doesn't matter how long it takes as long as it gets done.

What was the point of him dancing? Was he autistic?

That was my only gripe. I'm not sure what thematically makes sense about Nikki's fate. The final scene was hight octane kino though.

how does one lose a hand in a shooting spree

The poison was meant to kill him. He likely experienced temporary brain death before they got him into a stable condition and he slipped into a coma. When he came out, he still had brain damage, not effecting his intellect, but his motor functions. It's possible that he could recover given another five years.

Yeah but why?

Nikki was only supposed to punish Varga & co.
By going after Emmet she was obviously overstepping her boundaries and destroying her supposed redemption, and she couldn't even recitate the phrase right. Even more when she had the idea to get rid of the innocent cop.
She fucked up, and her fate was coherent with what the wandering Jew predicted.

She was invincible while going after the true evil - Varga. As soon as she focused on her personal revenge she ran out of luck. As soon as she tried to kill an innocent to get to her vendetta she died.
Makes sense.

God damn do I hate endings that leave it up to the viewer's interpretation, it's almost as if they knew they couldn't make an ending without pissing someone off (Varga dying, Varga going to prison, Varga escaping forever) so they just decided to piss off everyone, good job

I see. Then why follow through and go with Wrench's execution of Emmit?

It was a statement about Fargo itself. I'm a pleb and even I know that. The entire season was about storytelling. What you think happened at the end is supposed to say something about both the show and you. It was literally the perfect ending for a show about fake stories that opens with, "This is a true story" every episode.

All they have is a blurry picture of him in an elevator, without even a gun. He's going free.

Then why is he locked in the first place

>Then why follow through and go with Wrench's execution of Emmit
wrench was denied revenge in s1. he gets it here.

Sy was a cunt and deserved it.

He's been wormetoungueing Emmit's mind for years.

Without him, Emmit could've reconciled with Ray years ago, none of this would've happened.

Because Gloria is naive and overstepping like she consistency did the entire show.

>wasn't listening to beethoven as he died
>wasn't dancing

*consistently.

So in the end Gloria did nothing?
So much for her epiphany in the previous episode.

She can help!

She can help!

Seriously. I even liked the long and drawn out S2 finale.

His business might be quasi legal but he uses strong arm tactics to achieve his business goals. Plus he employs thugs and mercenaries to basically kill people. Unless Varga is literally the Devil himself his smug confidence is unwarranted. He's a criminal no matter how he positions himself as. Which makes the ending infuriating. Even if he thinks Gloria has little to hang him on he still should try to ask for an attorney. It just makes a "let's do this post-modern ending that has no basis in reality" for the underwhelming feels.

>Roller door slowly opening in front of Varga
>Can obviously see someone's legs behind the doors
>Doesn't immediately call out that someone's there to ambush them.

I'm sure the crew would have had a greater advantage over Wrench if Varga gave them a heads up.

It felt like the plot twist in the finale of Training Day or The Departed. He was getting his just deserts but when he least expected it.

He was just cute.

You honestly think that a "criminal" with people in positions of power protecting him is unrealistic?

>He was getting his just deserts
He was just getting his deserts.

watch the episode again

>watch the episode again
nice, epic, thanks.

whats your explanation? 4 things i could think of but only 1 is likely

>just getting dessert
>getting just desserts

that shot of the gelatin.. you bastards

by being shot in the hand with a rifle

i posted something stupid and then deleted it when i realized what he meant

re-watch the scene, guv

I really do love the way they portrayed him as some sort of inhuman beast. In the first episode when he was introduced I thought they were going for a 'Rothschild Draconian Lizard' theme for the series and use him sparingly, but I'm glad they went the way they did with his character.

But the way his teeth look like mouldy rocks that gnash at food, the way he sheds his jacket in the elevator to escape. It's great.

And the bulimia. He rejects the mortal act of eating, and is only depicted as doing so in a sort of hedonist way.

He's unlike any other antagonist I've seen so far.

There's definitely something animal, yet unnatural about him. Probably my favorite villain from the series.

HOLD ME CLOSER
TINY DANCER

Meemo is cute! Cute!

>money suitcase was handcuffed to his hand
Man you people have eyes like eagles

He was getting salad.

is dat a safeway select jambalaya?

>Thought this season was dogshit from the outset
>All the Noah fanboys cried when I pointed out how terrible the writing is
>Now that it's finished it's finally sinking in

I love when I am right.

Just look at the AMAZING writing, like how Emmits car breaks down then magically starts working again when the show needs him to leave. I also love how his mobile was at the scene (linking him to the murders) yet nothing happened.

Bravo Noah!

S02 > S01 > S03

But Fargo is still the best thing on tv, too bad this is the last season for the show.

Also, shame that Nikki and Mr.Wrench couldn’t have gone off together and lived happily ever after.

2=1>movie>3
This, objectively.
The movie isn't that good. The series is where it's at.

>The movie isn't that good
Kill yourself this instant.

He knew exactly who he was , though.

What I didn't know was the shitty death MEW got.

i don't think it was made to kill. i do believe varga did intend for him to slam on his head though.

varga literally says dead friend to emmit

Varga- is a swedish word that refers to something with wolf-like qualities (with varg meaning wolf). Like "vargavinter" which translates to a wolf's winter, and refers to an especially harsh one. Figure that's intentional with his prey references and Yuri's wolf mask.

Speaking of Yuri; what the hell happened to him?

these guys were definetly more intimidating then the other atongonists, since we never really learned what they were about
>s1 malvo, a hitman/gangster with too much plot armor taking on the midwest mafia
>s2 gerharts, even they admit they are a small time crime family vs a bif mafia family
>s3, an international mafia? government spooks?
they werent run if the mill gangsters and their anonymity was a great aspect

>Speaking of Yuri; what the hell happened to him?

Killed by the Magic Jew in the bowling alley, for something one of his ancestors did 100 years ago...

wrench cut it off to get the suitcase of money, thats why he was covered in blood

His cell phone was left there, but it was pretty clear that mew and the cop shot and killed each other. So maybe he was contacted by police, but it's not like he would've been charged with their murders.

Yeah that actually was the salad. Jello Salad. It's a real thing.

I wonder if MEW and Russell Harvard banged. They held hands in an instagram video for a second and also said they loved eachother lol.

How so. It was apt Coen, ambiguous and vicious. Just like the theme of the entire season, whats truth?

and they look like leprechaun nu male theater fag spergs. It won't work, mark my words.

The ending for this felt empty as all hell. So empty.

this finale started so fucking strong and then just shit the bed hardcore

>gloria about to quit, then gearing up to go after varga
>emmit standing up to varga and finally realizing he's just a pawn, but too late
>nikki and wrench's set up
>emmit waking up and (seemingly) now going after varga
>thinking punished sy is going to appear
>mew's entire death scene

then
>you realize the god tier set up of ray wise in the bowling alley telling mew to give her message was all for literally nothing
yeah i'm aware "she was giving it to the wrong person" and that's why shit went south. it was a horrible writing decision to throw all that out the window just for "lol shit happens!"
>emmit doesnt do ANYTHING and his character has NO ARC AT ALL
>sy DOESNT DO ANYTHING
>gloria ends up not having a character arc AT ALL, she doesnt go beyond being the robot that keeps saying "i can help!" but never does, she never helps AT ALL
>wrench kills emmit, supposed to be some shocking conclusive twist that leaves the audience with a payoff, but we dont care about emmit at all after the 5 year time skip
>5 year time skip coupled with gloria not having any impact on the story at all takes all the weight out of what could have been the absolute best ending of the entire series

seriously, fuck this finale. so fucking close to sticking the landing and making this a contender for best season

>Sy doesn't do anything
kinda hard when youre paralysed and in a coma
>Gloria has no arc
she does, only slightly, concerned about helping, cant help with the cops, so she helps with DHS. The ambiguity you are feeling is progress going not straight---but all which ways, anywhere it wanted to go.

This show and a lot of Coen films has that "what the fuck was that about" haze that lingers over them, and that has been carried out onto this series, this season in particular. When you're living in an age where truth/fake real/imaginary, gods/no gods all seem to blur weave and intermingle with one another, its perfectly normal to be angry and confused.

actually what am I talking about he's probably gay

>emmits car breaks down
>emmits car starts with no problem ten minutes later

shitty writing

>kinda hard when youre paralyzed and in a coma
i know, and it was awful. his whole character went nowhere. alternatively, write it so he woke up from the coma. whoa!
>she does, only slightly, concerned about helping, cant help with the cops, so she helps with DHS. The ambiguity you are feeling is progress going not straight---but all which ways, anywhere it wanted to go.
she was obviously being built up as the robot that couldnt do anything all season because she was invisible. but then she wasnt invisible, so she should have had a change in her character due to that, not five years after the fact. she also didnt help with the DHS, she just was given varga after they picked him up. the ending makes it so that she may very well have done nothing at all. and the point of the ending makes it so we will never know if she did.

my point is she had a character that was very well done the entire season that should have had a payoff in the finale and simply didn't, and for no good reason. hawley could have accomplished the exact same ending while still doing her much more justice

>This show and a lot of Coen films has that "what the fuck was that about" haze that lingers over them, ...
this is just a bullshit excuse people are using for this season because the previous two seasons and this one borrow from coen movies. season 2 was the best homage to the coens' movies, this one was like a high schooler tried to imitate them. not well executed at all. coen movies go to the "what the fuck just happened, what was that about" places with very specific intent to hit a theme home. this season tried to do that and failed. the final scene was the closest they got, and like i said, could have been great if the finale had built up to it correctly

sorry but that looks really really fucking gay

>for something one of his ancestors did 100 years ago...

That Yuri was proud of and reenacted at any opportunity.