Holy shit this movie is so good

What did Sup Forums think of Anomalisa?

this was a better film

Fantastic. Fuck Paramount for not giving it a wide release

I don't know, I never got to see it

those are not glasses

It's an animated film

Absolutely fantastic.
It will never get the praise it deserves.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Lisa having a different voice from the rest of the world is a beautiful way to show how Michael sees her as genuine and unique.

Bummed out I can't talk to anyone about this film. It's an astounding film very few have watched.

I watched this when I heard it was nominated for an oscar. This movie was just awkward and not very good. Stop motion is good after you mentally blocked out the huge lines on the sides of the face. Huge scenes that seem to just go on forever in a somewhat short film. I was pretty annoyed with it all.

Certainly not a bad movie, but one of the most depressing I've seen this year. Felt awful for days, I have no desire to see it soon again. Maybe when my life is a little different.

It was the best movie I saw all year. My biggest non-interpersonal regret is giving $100 to Cans Without Labels instead of Anomalisa.

>My biggest non-interpersonal regret is giving $100 to Cans Without Labels instead of Anomalisa.

How does it feel, user? How does it feel to be betrayed? By yourself, no less.

It hurts, but not as much as my interpersonal regrets do, and I have a boatload of them.

The kicker was when I got to the Kickstarter section of Anomalisa's credits and realized that because they were in alphabetical order, my name would've been dead last. The only thing better would've been if my name was dead first.

this. It felt just like one big waste of time

glad it's not just me

I saw it really stoned not too long about, but I didn't pay attention at all. Guess I'll have to rewatch it.

>What did Sup Forums think of Anomalisa?

So far, mostly "Where the fuck is my damn code?" because the Kickstarter still hasn't hooked me up with my download.

pretty nice i guess

Overrated.

>Cans
what happened?

Absolutely nothing, which is a problem when you pay for something to happen

if you can only make a movie by butchering a play instead of adapting it respectfully, it wasn't meant to be adapted

Babby's first navel-gazing sad 40+ man movie.

The exact same shit every other time this "issue" is tackled.
>what am I doing with my life
>boy I sure do meet some quirky and odd people in my life
>I wonder what it's like to be a starving child in India
>but I don't wonder about that too long because the real issue is that I'M sad
>I have made a connection with another person who isn't like most people you meet, I am now sort of cured, at least enough to make it seem like the movie has an arc
>the end

I swear these movies are a con. Write a handful of dull as fuck scenes, a handful of trite introspective monologues and have a scene where your character looks into a mirror sadly and white people will call it a masterpiece and fall over themselves to throw awards and praise at you.

But I like Lost in Translation...

I bet you unironically watch and enjoy capeshit

Go the fuck back to Sup Forums with that shit
>I don't like the look of this game which happens to be made in Japan
>GO THE FUCK BACK TO COD DUDEBRO NORMIE SJW REEEEE

You'd lose that bet, btw. Grow the fuck up. Sorry I hurt your feelings. Maybe write a movie about it?

>Thinks he's above other people for not liking a well made movie just because it's about depression
>Openly hates japanese artstyle while frequenting a website full of it

Kill yourself you contrarian, above all faggot

the main character was a giant asshole and i get the feeling i was supposed to feel bad for him but honestly, fuck him

its made worse by the fact the is the exact same fucking movie kauffman has been doing his entire career, is the only thing the guy knows to write about

He never said he hated Japanese artsyle, he just used a common example of a bad argument from Sup Forums which you represented perfectly faggot.

from what I took from the movie, you were supposed to feel bad, not bad for anyone specifically.

I disagree. In the play, you knew that all of the characters besides Michael and Lisa were the same person literally as soon as it started. Sure, I didn't see it for myself, but Kaufman described it in an interview. The three actors would sit on a stage and read from the script while someone else did sound effects. In the movie, the realization that they're all the same person dawns on you slowly, and by the time the movie states it outright, you already know. I think that's a much cooler experience.

He's supposed to be self-absorbed and not that good a person. That's kind of the point. We can empathize with him anyway, though, and that's because of the movie's gimmick, which wouldn't work nearly as well in any other medium. We see people the way he sees them.

but that is precisely why i cant empathize with him, i see the way he sees people and i feel an inmense deatachment from him, i see that he sees everyone else as basically mindless NPC and i realize how much of a self absorbed douche he is and i cant empathize with him because of that

what movie is this?

It's literally called $9.99. It's an Australian/Israeli film released in 2008. Would like to see it, but it's hard to find.

I liked parts of it, but I felt it was too disjointed for my liking. I guess I was expecting the stories to somehow come together and they never really did.

oh shit those aren't glasses

you didn't get it. I bet you didn't get BvS either

>Thinks he's above other people
Wow aren't you the nice guy all of a sudden. Why were you making fun of people liking capeshit then?
And I never said anything negative about anime you absolute fucking moron.

it was great, pretty much all of the creative choices they made made sense, especially considering their budget

>'n-not that same guy b-b-but ure a fag'
lmao

are you seriously autistic enough to think anyone here but a retard on the same level as you buys that shit

You did call out on people enjoying these type of films as 'babbies' and backhandedly throw a Sup Forumslack buzzword by shoehorning white people in your post.

Stop with your fucking damage control, you literal chode.

It would help if it wasn't literally Synecdoche, New York except in animated form

you still didn't address the fact that you yourself threw in something to be above other people

>shoehorning in "white people" to start a Sup Forums argument
Nice persecution complex. It's just a fact that these introspective "woe is me I'm sad even though my life is fine" movies are primarily popular with white people. Calm the fuck down.

>damage control
Sup Forums is a really big part of your life, huh?

And by the way, if you're really this serious about how you feel about it, maybe make a counterargument better than this Don't forget, I'm the one who actually made an argument. You're the one who replied with a shitpost. And now you're criticizing the quality of my posts? Get a grip.

I bet you unironically like something I don't like.

well that sucks, because there are tons of movies about not nice people that are douchebags, and if not being able to empathize with them is going to cut you off from watching them, then you have just closed yourself off to a whole bunch of good stories.

but it really wasnt that at all, aside from them both being about protagonists who are absorbed into something. But that is a common theme in his movies, being completely absorbed into whatever it is each protagonist perceives will give their life meaning.

Fuck thank god I wasn't the only one. It's all I could ever see. I know it's not glasses but I can't unsee it.

I bet you unironically enjoy Frances Ha.

don't even know what that is, have fun being a pleb who only likes characters he can "empathize" with.

If I love stop-motion but consider Synecdoche, New York the worst movie of all time, is there any chance I'll like this?

Frances Ha is a movie that is very well shot about a woman named Frances. It's on Netflix. I was mostly shitposting, but I found it extremely challenging to empathize with her because I felt that she was a dick.

So more of
>can't empathize b/c she's a dick
than
>can't empathize therefore I dislike her

But, you know, check it out. Make your own opinions. My issue is that Frances Ha is a movie that ostensibly takes place in the "real world" so I found her to be a person that I would not care for in "real life"

im not saying i couldnt enjoy the movie, i actually liked it, im just saying i didnt like the main character
i can watch a movie about unlikable characters, i have no problem with that, i can watch things like american psycho or a clockwork orange without any problem.
my problem is that i feel the movie wanted me to empathize with him on some level, like the way he acts is supposed to be relatable.

is not that i cant empathize what bothers me,is that the movie presents the character as if i "should" empathize with him.

>Y-you must be all the same contrarian! No one else could hate such perfection!

Did this film always have a tumblr-tier fanbase?

whats this