Past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing

>Past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing
Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3NItT8vlq3I
youtube.com/watch?v=WUJFuRoWyWc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A guy who cheats on his wife regularly can't throw stones from his glass house.

Cheating & divorce is normal. It's not normal for a man to live his whole life without companionship.

Maybe the real abnormal thing is to have companionship. ever think of it that way, bub?

this.

Marty was an ass.

Three year old meme. Come on, roodypoo.

Really fudged my sundae

That was the point of his character.
He always gave Rust shit, despite himself being a 'bad man'.

Rust acknowledged his way of being, while Marty was a hypocrite.

>Cheating & divorce is normal
Only for the goyim, right rabbi?

You can have a lot of companionship without getting tied down by a kid. I like having different companions every few years

just descriptive of his own worldview: marty thought his family was the only thing keeping him from being a total dirtbag

>jews are at fault because our women are trash and because men are unfaithful
Why do you white knight on the internet?

25. By then you should at least have a long term relationship. Everything else is pathetic.

Just like when he shit kicked those 19 year old's for banging his daughter who's only 2-3 years younger than them and literally legal in other states, I guess he was just taking advantage of the law to beat them up for tag teaming his daughter though which makes sense. But anyway the guy cheats with girls much younger than his wife, and then in the present day timeline he bangs some college chick when he's a middle aged man lol, probably the exact same age as his daughter at that point.

It means everyone thinks he's a faggot

what Sup Forums tells you
>he's wrong
what Sup Forums doesn't ACTUALLY tell you & how they actually feel
>wtf how is this possible for a bald old fuck to bang hotties like daddario or Lili Simmons it's not fair it's not fair waaaaah where is my waifu

Why are Jews anti-freedom?

Humans evolved to be tribal animals, not solitary.

Yes, look at this site

hahah
>25
Its still so young

Now we have evolved past that.

>By then you should at least have a long term relationship
Why the fuck would you want to be tied down so early?

What are you basing that on?

It doesn't surprise me that Sup Forums completely missed the point of this line, and to a larger extent, this character.

Just because Marty's a hypocrite doesn't mean that he's wrong. A lot of guys benefit from the responsibility that comes with a family. Helps them put their life into perspective.

The line is empty. It doesn't mean anything. It's there purely to point out what a hypocritical sack of shit Marty is. That's it.

Sort yourself out.

As someone who's married I disagree with that statement. Does it really matter if a man that's not married still works and pays taxes like everybody else? Also forcing someone to marry another person might be even worse than being single. If a man has no interested in marriage, why force him? And what does "family" even mean? Having wife, kids, parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, nephews, uncles,? It's pretty vague if you ask me.

>the serial child rapist and murderer had a family

You finding it empty doesn't mean other people can't.

>It's there purely to point out what a hypocritical sack of shit Marty is. That's it.
Marty definitely was a sack of shit, but at the point in his life where he was making that statement he'd also realized himself what a sack of shit he was. That's what his "the good years" speech was about, along with his breaking down in front of his family in the last episode. He'd realized what a hash he'd made of the gifts he'd been given.

A family gives a man something to live for.
A man with nothing to live for is prone to reckless disregard for the future.

i thought he was talking about the killer while at the same time, pricking rust

>having a wife and kid is the only possible thing to live for

Jesus Christ. Well my shit-drunk neighbor is objectively a superior man to me I guess even though he's about to get evicted for throwing bottles at teenagers

He's just a regular cop with a big dick

>all the triggered response posts in this forum reply chain
maybe he WAS right

>my shit-drunk neighbor is objectively a superior man to me
I bet he is

You take that back, y-you bully!

Times you acted like rust
>diarrhea in an exam, made it this far, only 6 minutes left
>got this weird tactic were i slip it in and out to deal with the intense urge to shit
>examiner walks over because i keep repeating 30 secs in and out to try and time the shit slip and slide
>they begin to ask me if im okay
>yell out "watch it watch it ill nuke you motherfucker"
>they back away intimidated, clearly they weren't trained to deal with this situation
>"easy, easy, EAASY"
>entire hall is watching my struggling to contain bowel movements in anticipation
>"dont shit, do not fucking shit"
>shit
>run to the front of the hall and throw my paper, mumble something about how exams are a tragic misstep in the public education system

Most intense 6 minutes of my life

Bravo

>tied down
why do you feel this way?

What was on the Tuttle Tape? Was it any worse than The Grifter?

Why you only giving me a year? I keep getting laid off you cunt. Need mo money if I'm gonna start a family.

that doesnt make him wrong though

It was legal in Louisiana too, I looked it up back then. Romeo and Juliet law.

youtube.com/watch?v=3NItT8vlq3I

My dad is 60. He's says there's always something off about middle-aged people who never had kids. They're egoistical and materialistic and have no perspective as to what's important in life. Says a woman who's never sat beside the bed of her fever-ridden child just doesn't tick like someone who's only ever had to care for themselves.
He knows quite a lot of people so I choose to believe him.

? Slip what in and out

My dad could beat up ur dad

yeah that's quite possible

Really man? really?

Your dad is just salty he wasted his life raising your dumb ass

you're just salty you don't have kids

I cannot have children. Please stop reminding me.

Why would I want kids when I can barely take care of myself? What kind of sick fuck brings life into a world not because it would benefit the world--through his quality genetics or need to contribute to a dwindling society--but "just because", just to say he's "created" something, to give his otherwise worthless life meaning?

Do you not have goals, aspirations, dreams?
I do, and having children would curb or even permanently halt them.

32 with no companion or kids, am I doing it wrong ?

I guess monks are materialistic fags same with Tesla and some other scientists...

that sucks man I'm sorry

maybe leave the thread then

There's no moral problem with not having kids. As a matter of fact, the world needs more people who don't have kids. That said, you can't deny that by not having kids, you've failed your one biological imperative–– passing on your genes.

Go ahead and follow your dreams, there's no problem with it, but there's no point lying either.

I don't feel the least bit bad for you, fucking retarded faggot.

He's right. There's something intrinsically self centred about middle aged people without kids. That said, plenty of people definitely should not breed and so it's a small price to pay for knowing they aren't completely fucking up some poor kids life.

>I don't feel the least bit bad for you, fucking retarded faggot.
Apologize right now

Really isn't a punchline
And it makes sense if you think about. Procreating and raising children is your biological imperative and what life is about. Imagine sitting at home retired in your 60s with fucking nothing to show for except your materialistic possessions that you can't share with or pass on to anyone.
You really think the kind of people that would put this on their car are as nice to be around as someone who's raised several kids?

Unless you're the next Da Vinci or Tesla and you're doing something truly great that humanity will remember you buy. But you're not. And even then, most great people in history still had the time to raise children, who often went on to do other great things.

>you've failed your one biological imperative

This means absolutely nothing and directly contradicts your belief that there's nothing wrong with not having kids.

You can't fall back on a basal argument to promote natalism.

By reducing a person's ultimate purpose to reproducing, you're actively opposing the construction of societies, advancement of technology, the entire field of medicine, because you're essentially saying not reproducing is unnatural, yet nearly everything you do in life is unnatural.

If you can't find meaning beyond procreating, you should just kill yourself, assuming you've already had children. Everything else through the point you've made should be unnatural; abominations of our species, malproductions of what we are.

You make it sounds as if having children is some kind of accomplishment, like it's incredibly meaningful other than to yourself.

Those people might be nice to be around or be pieces of shit, just like people with families who put those lame as stickers on their car. I look at those and see a guy driving and think "you poor sap".

I'm not even suggesting I won't have kids, but your argument that being 60 and having kids or not having kids = you are happy and accomplished or not is wrong. It might mean that, might not

>ignoring the other half of what I said
I said it's your biological purpose, but that you shouldn't sweat it if you don't fulfill it, there's much more to life. My only point was that you shouldn't pretend it isn't the biological point.

>There are only two options, materalistic possessions, or having children.

Please explain, through reason and impartial arguing--not sentimentality--why you believe this?

A man and woman have sex, they created a child.

This, to you, is a natural good, an inarguable truth of benevolence.

A man who contributes to his community, lives a decent life, yet doesn't have kids, this man--through your vision--is seen as having wasted his life because he did not have children.

Jamal, between shooting up liquors, impregnates woman #5 and brings forth a child.

This man, to you, is seen as a virtuous man, yet literally any contributing, good member of society is seen a decadent.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Agree with this.

Personally I believe there's more meaning to life in advancing humanity and society forward than there is in having kids. That might be part of it for you or not.

>can
how can you be right or wrong here?

Saying the word biological isn't an argument. Aging, senescence, unraveling of one's mind as time passes, disease and inevitable debilitation, these are biological processes we undergo.

Should we not seek to prolong life, ease ourselves into our later years through medicine? Or should we simply ride painfully into the arms of dead, regardless of how much more we could accomplish if we had more time?

stop using words just to use them

The internet eliminates that

My dad could kiss your dad and take him to a movie. NO WAY MY DEAD DAD IS A WAYYYY BETTER KISSER THAN YOUR DAD!

holy shit man read what I'm writing and not what you think I'm writing.

We're on the same page here and you're still arguing.

>You really think the kind of people that would put this on their car are as nice to be around

DINKs are almost always fucking insufferable people, unless they're the types who are infertile.

Though even worse are the ex-DINKs who decide to breed in a moment of weakness and then end up resenting their kid and seeing it as an inconvenience.

>implying the millions of childless wage slaves around the world are basking in material possessions

poop stories never fail to make me happy

>But you're not
Neither are you nor your father or children so in general you are not contributing much to humanity just adding labor to it which is becoming easily replaced by robots designed and created by worthwhile people, unlike you so why not get down of that high horse and be done with your opinions?

Quite the contrary, it's a very basic and natural thing so it's more like, it's a failure if you didn't.
Kind of like losing your virginity isn't an accomplishment but if you're 30 and you haven't, there *probably" is something wrong with you and you're *probably* not a very happy person.
>inb4 some cherry-picked scientists who died as virgins and didn't care
Also raising your children to the point where they become good, happy, successful adults that you can be proud of is an accomplishment.

>It might mean that, might not
Well it's called patterns, and the data tells us middle-aged childless people mostly aren't that happy in comparison, just like the data shows being single is unhealthier and lowers your lifespan.
Humans are social creatures and we were meant to bond and procreate.

>I'm saying it's your biological purpose

Reproducing is a facet of our physiology, not its purpose. Evolution mandates purpose, and our reign as prime intelligence on this planet places the mantle of thought on us.
Thinking, creating, constructing, solving, using the brains that--to our current knowledge--are the most sophisticated organic intelligence, is our purpose.

Reproduction is not purpose, it merely facilitates our actual purpose.

>There are only two options, materalistic possessions, or having children.
Strawman, never said anything of the sort
False premise so I'm not reading the rest of your reddit-spaced post

cry some more about how you can't have kids you little fucking queer.

Everyone is part of a small cog that makes up society.
Everyone thinking like you, and you get societies collapsing like Japan or destroyed and replaced by outsiders like Germany. Congratulations on your nation-wrecking.

Thanks maddox
youtube.com/watch?v=WUJFuRoWyWc

>companions

You sound like a real gentleman.

Yeah, he sounded just like that bitch Kathy Griffin in my head.
Imagine just repeating the word "really" over and over and thinking it's an argument

Not him but "good" or "bad" have nothing to do with it.
By siring children, he gave his people the ability to live in the future. Whether they are great people or parasites is irrelevant, they will survive and spread for years to come while your "decent" man has done nothing but create a richer environment for Jamal's offspring to exploit.

>dude, suffer right now or things might be worse in an abstract fashion lmao!

good goyim

Unmarried men who lived with their mothers was traditionally a sign that the guy was a homosexual.

Now it's becoming evident that the majority of men don't really get into relationships just because there's only a pool of 20 per cent of all men that women want to fuck.