Why does this movie intimidate plebians?

Why does this movie intimidate plebians?

>have you tried it with Fibonacci x-DDDD I'm such a NERD

Majority of posters here literally can't comprehend high-concept films and need ready to consume flicks Baywaych to entertain them.

>tfw you think about what this film could've been without cheesy dialogue, way too much exposition by TV News and the stupid "let's blow up the alien ship" moment

Sad...

OP here, I meant to ask "Why does this kino intimidate plebians"

But yeah, that "not meeting them, it was meeting you" line was cheesy as fuck. The movie was so good that it didn't take anything away tho.

Do you really think that's the only stupid dialogue in this movie, because there's a lot more

This movie isn't kino btw. It's decent. Just because of some interesting concepts. Denis Vileneuveeiadslkdnefai tried his best to turn it into Hollywood shit

Arrival is /ourkino/

still it had a time paradox which fucked up all the movie, when you try to be clever don't fall to this kind of simplistic error

Arrival was so good I got goosebumps after I watched it the first time. and when I'm reminded of it, just the THOUGHT of how good it was gives me goosebumps. I said it before, and I'll say it again: at the least, Arrival is the greatest sci-fi movie of the 21st century, but actually it might be the greatest sci-fi movie ever made

When I first saw it I thought it was decent but a little weird. Watching it a second time has me convinced this is top tier sci fi. It's like a very artistic version of Interstellar as it ties in the whole time is a physical construct, but it does so without shoving it in your face like Interstellar did.

Instead of physically entering a higher dimension and communicating with lower dimensions from it, Arrival focused on our own perception of these dimensions. The linguistic aspect was a great way to focus on this. She was able to perceive the absolute nature of time and knew the coming tragedy of her daughter, but she still chose to go through with it all. At first I thought that was just a bit of added emotional cheese but then it hit me that it's very plot related because even though we know time is a physical dimension and thus predetermined, there is still value in enjoying the ride.

Sort of like how the nature of time also implies that there is no such thing as free will, but knowing this doesn't make us feel any less free. We experience time in slivers so we still feel like we have free will, it doesn't stop us from enjoying the ride of life.

Yeah the Alex Jones terrorism part was weird and out of place, just seemed like an excuse to add a bit of extra action/drama near the end as the arc was unrelated to every other aspect of the story. Probably the only bad thing I can say about the film.

They probably started browsing reddit on their phones halfway through

I was sad when the alien had died.

Hahahahha fucking plebs it's an mediocre flick at best

I guess they tried to come up with a reason to kill off one of the squids, and decided not to go with the trope of top down chain of command military people going "fug it step aside we doin this shit our way" and running in guns blazing, since they left that part to the Russian and Chinese military

what time paradox?

because it was mediocre

And I've liked every single film Villeneuve made so far (with the exception of Polytechnique). And now he's stuck with remakes and reboots. Great. Just fucking great.

A pile of predictble garbage. Great idea, poor execution

Sup Forums is intimidated by kino

Go back to your Baywatch or Wonder Woman.

Louise’s conversation with General Shang retroactively causes her call to him and know what to say 18 months prior. Which in turn causes General Shang to approach Louise 18 months later. Which, again, retroactively causes her to call him…

The contents of that conversation seem to come from no where. This situation is considered paradoxical.

It is shit for the same reason Inception and Intersteller were shit.

It tries to hard to appear "smart"

Because it seems like the same type of movie as Interstellar or Inception that these "movie buffs" would like, but it's not as dumbed down and focused on entertainment for them.

>liking a villeneuve flick
go back to r*ddit you plebian subhuman

>tfw had to pee a fourth of the way through this movie, but I held it because it was so good.

heh yeah we only like true kinos here go back hehe no one talks about capeshit, star wars and other degenerate flicks here my amigo friend

That's what bothered you about the movie? Not the fact that they were able to translate an alien language in like 3 days

Watched it recently and didn't think it was anything special. It was very pretty to look at and the aliens were mysterious and interesting up until the scientists were able to communicate with them. Some of that romance dialogue at the end was cringe-worthy.

Also the idea that learning a new language could alter how you perceive time, in the sense of allowing you to see the future, is ridiculous.

it is for plebs, it holds your hand through the whole movie because it had to cater to dumb people. couldve been good.

>3 days
pretty sure it was weeks/months

It took them about 2 months after Louise came onboard, pay attention to the fucking film next time

>Baywaych
t. Jabronie CRITIC disconnected from the FANS

Arrival is the sort of movie to make people slightly above the bottom tier of pleb feel good about themselves but to be irrelevant to everyone else.

It was 2 hours of 3 of the most emotionless and uncharasmatic actors montaging over the point of the movie while explaining everything to you and jumping to a shitty ending.

Best movie in a while, very orson scott card - like. Exploring truth through the illusion of science fiction.

You're trying to hard buddy. All three of those movies are good

>2 hour episodes of Outer Limits are now considered intimidating

I hate both sides.

>Hey Abbot we need to give earth the important message to USE WEAPON at a distant future date, how should we do it?
>Costello let's land 12 ships on their planet and then hover there menacingly and make no attempt to let them know our intentions are peaceful despite the fact that we are a highly advanced species that travels across time and space
>Great plan Abbot let's go gas up the ships!

cause it's shit
I just want something to watch goddamit

Are you sure you're not confusing a plebian with someone intelligent to understand why the premise doesn't make sense?

This. Hopefully Dune will have good visuals though.

>make no attempt to let them know our intentions are peaceful

We, at our current technology, have the power to basically completely fuck up the planet. Maybe some bugs, microbes, or deep sea creatures would survive the blasts, radiation, and winter, but the vast majority of life would be over if we so willed it.

Anything with interstellar capabilities has technology drastically beyond us, so a reasonable extension of that is that if they wanted to destroy us, they could with minimal effort before we even knew wtf was going on.

Simply showing themselves without making any obvious attempts at violence is an effective way of communicating peaceful intent.

>shameless slaughterhouse 5 rip off
It's a pleb filter alright

Do you know what the Sapie Wharf theory is? Who am I kidding, this is Sup Forums. Anyway, the entire premise is based around that.

While the likelihood of being able to percieve time isn't likelz, the theory states that when being around a certain culture or their language for long periods of time, you start to think exactly like them seeing as how language how we percieve the world.

For example, In English or German the phrase I Love You(Ich liebe dich) is pretty straight forward and we know what it means. Norwegians use the phrase Jeg elsker deg. Which when translated means I love you as well but has a completely different meaning despite being the perfect translation. Jeg elsker deg is an intense love/passion that you have for someone beyond some titanic level shit and it is rarely used. A lot of Norwegians say Jeg er glad i deg. Which means I am fond of you which has a lot of meanings like saying that to a girlfriend or to friends that are dear to you.

inb4 tldr, inb4 Reddit spacing.

>Do you know what the Sapie Wharf theory is?
Yes, it is literally mentioned and explained right away in the damn movie.

I have slightest idea what you are talking about ???